• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Surfer looks awesome but wow his voice sucks. Everyone involved phoned it in. I hope they at least add some reverb and shit to it because damn.

biggest wait that's killing me is for achievements. I run around killing things in MM constantly wishing I could be counting towards some arbitrary reward.

KePoW

Banned
Surfer looks awesome but wow his voice sucks. Everyone involved phoned it in. I hope they at least add some reverb and shit to it because damn.

You guys think his voice is actually worse quality than other playable characters in the game?

Xetherion

It's not that the quality is bad, it's that the voice doesn't fit the character. He sounds like a bro, not a cosmic powered near-god alien.

Wallach

It's not that the quality is bad, it's that the voice doesn't fit the character. He sounds like a bro, not a cosmic powered near-god alien.

A bro...?

I don't think his VA is all that special but it doesn't sound terrible either. Psylocke's fake accent was worse.

Dec

biggest wait that's killing me is for achievements. I run around killing things in MM constantly wishing I could be counting towards some arbitrary reward.

Ya I am looking forward to achievements a lot.

I actually like that it is a late feature, rather than at launch because the game isn't directly tied to them in a bad way.

When you get to the endgame, or finish the leveling you want to level in Guild Wars 2, you essentially play Achievements: The Game. They put out these semi updates every two weeks and put out a new achievement tab for it and every reward that came with that update is tied to achievements.

It feels like a huge grind to me. When they are an added benefit, with some rewards attached to them, but not the main focus, achievement systems are really rewarding.

Ya I am looking forward to achievements a lot.

I actually like that it is a late feature, rather than at launch because the game isn't directly tied to them in a bad way.

When you get to the endgame, or finish the leveling you want to level in Guild Wars 2, you essentially play Achievements: The Game. They put out these semi updates every two weeks and put out a new achievement tab for it and every reward that came with that update is tied to achievements.

It feels like a huge grind to me. When they are an added benefit, with some rewards attached to them, but not the main focus, achievement systems are really rewarding.

Well I agree with this sentiment...I also want them NAO

Dec

Damn that one went fast.

6 minutes between being posted here and being out of keys. It's just luck at this point unless you want to spam refresh on google searches and forums every 5 minutes.

I think we've moved into the third rate mmo sites now and they only get 500 keys.

Dec

Gameorge is supposedly getting more keys so it might be worth keeping an eye open over there.

Nooo way. And I think they promised the keys to the people that left forums posts before they changed their mind and just chucked them in an automated system.

Carm

I missed the giveaway because my video card blew up while playing MH =(. Thankfully it's an EVGA and I already have a cross-ship in progress. Hopefully I'll have a replacement by Friday. I dunno if this 8800 GTS 640mb will hold up for the game.

garath

Damn. Xp boosts are strong. I went from 31 to 36 in 20 min. Rare find huge too. I ended up with 4 new costume cores to add to my single one. Nice.

Just got crafter level 10 so just need to farm some materials to craft the costume. Woot.

Carm

So, I'm grouped with a friend that I got to play we are doing legendary quests. Is there no way to sync them up so we have the same one? I googled and it seems it was implemented by right clicking portrait and seeing the share quest there, but neither of us see anything.

Wallach

So, I'm grouped with a friend that I got to play we are doing legendary quests. Is there no way to sync them up so we have the same one? I googled and it seems it was implemented by right clicking portrait and seeing the share quest there, but neither of us see anything.

No, LQ sharing was only on TC and never implemented. They went with shared quests instead, which are the ones they just added in 2015 1.0. They don't give much XP on their own though.

Boo, makes it cumbersome and annoying.

edit well if you wanted to do lengedarys

Missus and I just take turns, do one, do the other, wash, rinse, repeat. Fairly easy to manage.

Also had some good nights with my SG in MM, just rolling MM LQs over and over. Big enough group and there's pretty much always someone getting the enemy type you need.

Ploid 3.0

I don't know how I did it but my game now runs smoother. Even in Midtown.

I've been messing around with the MarvelEngine.ini following guides for a long time, and I guess something clicked. The last thing I tried was the [AppCompat] section, and specifically changing CompatLevelGPU from 4 to 5. Looked at a old ini backup and saw GPU was 5 there too so I don't know what actually did it.

I hope it never goes back to the stuttering semi freezing ways, especially when approaching the boss fights in Midtown. That's when the freezing get a lot worse (up to 5 or 8 seconds per freeze/stutter.

Got kicked from the server and now I can't log on. Judging from the thread on the forum it seems to be a widespread problem. I've been hit with so many bugs since 2015 went live.

Got kicked from the server and now I can't log on. Judging from the thread on the forum it seems to be a widespread problem. I've been hit with so many bugs since 2015 went live.

Just been watching the explosion of these threads and posts on the forums. Hopefully sorted soon. I had an evening of MH planned haha!

EDIT: From Ryolnir:

Alright - the "sick" server was found and restarted. You may still have to wait 10 minutes, and our Ops team is still diagnosing the issue, but hopefully you won't experience these disconnects again! Thanks for waiting!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It is proving quite difficult to play for any extended period of time with a new puppy... Thankfully I completed the anniversary stuff early haha.

Volimar

My process right now is basically:

Get hero to 40 doing shared quests
upgrade that hero's uniques to lvl 40
use quest reward chests on low level character
do shared quest with low level character

repeat

garath

So I just got my crafter to level 10 finally. Working on costume now. Should I now level the enchanter to 10 or keep going on the crafter to 15 first?

Ploid 3.0

10 pack number 2, a day apart. I got this farming down to a science. 340 on the dot, 60 more to go. Saving up for a character vs random box seems like such a big hill, I don't know if I'd do this again, maybe when I have like 75% of the characters, though they release so many pretty often that I don't know if that time will ever come.

uELlark.jpg

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
10 pack number 2, a day apart. I got this farming down to a science. 340 on the dot, 60 more to go. Saving up for a character vs random box seems like such a big hill, I don't know if I'd do this again, maybe when I have like 75% of the characters, though they release so many pretty often that I don't know if that time will ever come.

Nice - I had my first one the other day. It feels pretty awesome!

I am just saving for specific heroes and buying the ones I care about. The random box thing is neat, but it feels SO off when you look at the reports of what people get out of them. I know Gaz has stated that they are indeed random, but when someone just starting buys a few random boxes and gets duplicates of the one or two heroes they have each time, it comes off a bit fucked.

RNG is RNG, yeah...But the risk is too high for the investment associated with those damn splinters. I swear, I have never seen multiple splinters drop in a short window...It always seems to be ~8 minutes per drop for me.

Mugaaz

Nice - I had my first one the other day. It feels pretty awesome!

I am just saving for specific heroes and buying the ones I care about. The random box thing is neat, but it feels SO off when you look at the reports of what people get out of them. I know Gaz has stated that they are indeed random, but when someone just starting buys a few random boxes and gets duplicates of the one or two heroes they have each time, it comes off a bit fucked.

RNG is RNG, yeah...But the risk is too high for the investment associated with those damn splinters. I swear, I have never seen multiple splinters drop in a short window...It always seems to be ~8 minutes per drop for me.

I would save up for your favorite to main, then save up for a team up, then buy randoms till you have about half, then just buy the specifics ones you want that are missing.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I would save up for your favorite to main, then save up for a team up, then buy randoms till you have about half, then just buy the specifics ones you want that are missing.

I've already dumped around $200 in the game buying heroes, stash, etc. So I've got no reason to not just spend money on heroes at this point, haha. But I'll save up for the expensive ones and buy the cheaper ones. It just makes it easier for me and less stressful.

garath

Spent some of my cube shards on fortune cards and ghost boxes.. got a bunch of crap but ended up with more xp pots (which is good for me). Worth? or should I be saving those for something specific?

KePoW

Banned
Spent some of my cube shards on fortune cards and ghost boxes.. got a bunch of crap but ended up with more xp pots (which is good for me). Worth? or should I be saving those for something specific?

I would not waste shards on Ghost Boxes. I only use them on Fortune Cards

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I managed to snag another random box code from someone giving away extras on the official forums. Hopefully when I get home I'll open it to find ANOTHER DR STRANGE!!

I'm really going to miss this XP boost when it's over.

Black Panther to 34 last night in a couple hours. He's great fun too.

Should have Gambit and BP to 60 before the next patch drops I think.

garath

Yeah. I really like this XP level. Its going to suck when its gone :(

Been leveling scarlet witch more. Man, I'm just not seeing the power. Maybe its my build? I LOVE the teleport though. Almost does it for my by itself. Lol

Awesome news.

Yeah. I really like this XP level. Its going to suck when its gone :(

Been leveling scarlet witch more. Man, I'm just not seeing the power. Maybe its my build? I LOVE the teleport though. Almost does it for my by itself. Lol

Back to using all my XP bars again I guess haha..

Haven't used Scarlet yet, so I can't really comment there, but I always see high level Scarlets beast-moding X-Def and MM.

Top Bottom