• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Perhaps for trying out Heroes they could use the Blacklight model and let you rent a Hero for a small fee or in-game currency? Or set up a Danger Room where you can use a pre-configured Hero for ten minutes against robots or target dummies.

Yea if they really want to sell heroes, they have to find a way for people to try them and reduce the price to impulse buy territories. There is a "training" room in the avenger's tower but its pretty useless atm, just a bunch of dummies lying around

Perhaps for trying out Heroes they could use the Blacklight model and let you rent a Hero for a small fee or in-game currency? Or set up a Danger Room where you can use a pre-configured Hero for ten minutes against robots or target dummies.

You probably wouldn't want to rent them out because you need it to be something with a locked xp level imo. Unless you just mean adding a fee to the actual trial ability. That would work of course.

Blacklight I only played in beta a few times so I'm not sure how it is set up.

A Hero for Hire?

So if I enjoyed physicing people away in diablo3 with monk and warrior, who would i play here? I recall seeing hulk punching people across the screen, who else?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Can someone please explain Rested Xp again for me? I still don't know what the heck it is or how it's used.

When you aren't playing, you generate rested XP. What it is is a bonus to your XP gain for a certain period of time (directly proportional to the amount of time you have been logged out). I think it's 2x the XP you'd normally earn.

After it wears out, XP gain goes back to normal. You can see your rested by mousing over your XP bar. Also, the blue portion is your rested remaining. To my knowledge, XP orbs do not benefit from rested, only enemy kills.

For the record, rested XP was bugge where it lasted basically forever. It may have been patched, but I'm not sure.

Wizman23

Banned
Enjoying the game for the most part. I wish there was an option to turn on damage numbers and XP gained numbers. I'm just a sucker for those things in RPG's

Entropia

No One Remembers

Was in this thread that someone suggested they do what League of Legends does - make some of the premium heroes available for a week for anyone.

That's what I often do anytime I play a PC gane where the text or UI is too small on my TV when playing at 1080. It typically fixes any issues.

It's a shame more games do not have the option to enlarge the UI for TV play. There are a lot of gamers with PCs hooked up to TVs these days.

Bisonian

Can anyone tell me where the last mission in Chapter 5 starts? I can't seem to figure out how to trigger that one in my mission log.

inky

Hey guys, I just went back through the thread and added some more people to the OT list. Might have to set a google doc or something soon, because we have more people than I expected :p

Sorry if I missed you, but you can always send me a quick PM and I'll add you. Cheers.

T'was fun playing with some of you last night too! Some patch notes:

Changes

Reduced the healing of endgame affix “Heals on Injured” .
If you are in a login queue you will now see a message telling you your queue position. Players can press the cancel button to cancel out of the queue

Bug Fixes

Cinematics Button is now correctly populated with all four “Chronicles Of Doom” motion comics as well as the game’s opening cinematic.
NPCs are now properly awarding Fortune Cards for every ten cube shards turned in.
Fixed the “Craft Visual Artifact to Costume” crafting recipe so that it will now properly use the correct artifacts as materials.
Fixed an issue in which Rested Experience was not being deducted properly. =(

Audio

Sound may be lost intermittently after changing locations.
Rapid fire powers may erroneously stack sound effects.
The loading screen sound has been temporarily disabled. (Thank fucking god)

Missions

Find Agent Baker: Agent Baker does not spawn, so mission cannot be completed.
Some ‘Discovery’ missions may not trigger correctly.

Edit: Also, I have not found any word about people getting repeated starter heroes from defeating Doom, other than a dev asking if you had the previous token unclaimed in your STASH/inventory at the time, which led me to believe it was not intended. It wouldn't hurt if you guys posted about it in their forums, maybe they'll fix it or something, because it kinda sucks =/

Finally got to start playing. Bought Ms Marvel as my first character even though I got the Xforce pack haha. Just got 2 Ms Marvel Costume drops back to back lol, one on Doc Oct and another on Venom right after, guess the game is telling me to stick with Ms M lol

makeamidget in game.

Playing Storm/Hawkeye; Storm seems great at the low level I'm at. Hawkeye... hates groups of enemies.

So far, only good drop I've had was a fortune card from which I got the Flames of the Faultine artifact(or whatever it's called)

Can't wait to get more drops.

sophora

Entrances and Waypoints in the random fields aren't places to idle for even 30 seconds, I was texting a friend while idling there and was alone for a bit. Five ninjas spawned on me and was dancing all over my Hawkeye.

I've had moments where players would kite huge mobs to my location and I'd be stuck for 5-10 minutes kiting and slowly wearing down the pack with timed Adamantium arrows...I love that skill so much. Also have a Gorgon medal for good measure.

pahamrick

Anyone know what level crafting you need to add Costume Cores?

Got a Vibranium Ore drop which adds +1 fighting to a costume but I've got my crafter up to level 5 and still no option to use costume cores.

i picked hawkeye

hfH01vD.gif

Ailike

Anyone get 100/100 Chaos Flux with Scarlet Witch? What does it do?

The highest I've gotten is 70 something. I keep forgetting to check it after that. I'm still not sure how the mechanic works. Sometimes I'll build 10 or 20 and then it drops to 0. I dunno. So I just fly around instead. Ho hum.

They finally fixed the rest experience bug. There goes our free lunch. I rode Black Panther up to 33 with it yesterday, as well as the 10-15 range with a few other characters.

Time for some Rocket Raccoon action. I think I've settled on him as my ranged character for now. There are so many boss fights where I'm at a big disadvantage with Black Panther being up in the mix.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Wow - launch day compensation is pretty generous.

UP: 2000G + cosmetic pet (special to early access)

PP: 1000G + same pet

inky

I'll keep adding people to the OP list, but in case we run out of room I made a quick google doc. I added your MH user names to the list, but you can volunteer other info if you want. LINK HERE

Edit: Yep, that is a generous compensation.

mileS

I think I'm extremely happy with my choice on Storm. So much freakin fun.

Highly highly tempted to buy the mohawk costume now >.< IT LOOKS TOO AWESOME NOT TO

Bisonian

Interesting... heroes that have been inactive for a while have a better chance of getting special drops such as costumes. I had no idea. Maybe I'll try to mix it up more.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I think I'm extremely happy with my choice on Storm. So much freakin fun.

Highly highly tempted to buy the mohawk costume now >.< IT LOOKS TOO AWESOME NOT TO

There's no shame in it either. If Rocket Raccoon's costumes weren't so boring, I'd buy some. As it stands, you can barely tell the difference.

Also, I sort I regret not buying the UP. :(

ElRenoRaven

Wow - launch day compensation is pretty generous.

UP: 2000G + cosmetic pet (special to early access)

PP: 1000G + same pet

I think so. That's 20 bucks worth of G's for the UP buyers. That's just what it cost to buy the crafting tabs and other 2 general stash tabs. So that puts me back to my 10,000Gs I have. Hell I'd have settled for the pet or a skin. so I'm beyond happy.

Top Bottom