• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Indignate

More nvidia 2600g codes went up on ebay for $15. Prices have been ranging from 10-15 on these but lately seem to have gone up to 18-20.

These codes also expire on the 30th, I believe, so now is the time to grab one if you haven't (as you can only use one) or wait and see if people get desperate and try to sell them cheaper as the deadline draws near.

Blank!

Haven't seen much of it in our SG but I would definetly be game once all the encounters are in and raid loot is implemented.

First two are in, and loot is live (just not tokens IIRC). Next 2 look to be in the next patch.

FWIW, I joined a pug that got the first two bosses down to ~10% each. And while being DPS-oriented certainly helps, being a good player/knowing the encounter is far more important. We could have killed the boss provided people knew how to stay alive against Brimstone and his rock-slide attack.

The pug groups gear was generally just god awful. One guy had a green Falcon insignia, another guy no legendary (or unleveled ones), half the group had no blessings. We had a few people with awful ultimates for raiding (deadpool/SW), a cyclops with quite possibly the worst item selection I've ever seen and the only thing that stopped us from winning is the # of deaths on Brimstone (we'd normally be at 10 or fewer lives when timer was up... that's a lot of lost DPS).

And side note, but Raccoon is incredibly good in this encounter. Turrets count as people with regard to the green meteor attack so it's effectively like stacking 6+ more people to spread the damage when it goes off.

Lord Phol

First two are in, and loot is live (just not tokens IIRC). Next 2 look to be in the next patch.

I thought the loot was only your everday cosmics and uniques/artifacts atm. Are you saying the raid specific items have been added? If so I need to check around to see what they are.

Finaika

The pug groups gear was generally just god awful. One guy had a green Falcon insignia, another guy no legendary (or unleveled ones), half the group had no blessings. We had a few people with awful ultimates for raiding (deadpool/SW), a cyclops with quite possibly the worst item selection I've ever seen and the only thing that stopped us from winning is the # of deaths on Brimstone (we'd normally be at 10 or fewer lives when timer was up... that's a lot of lost DPS).

Deadpool and Scarlet Witch aren't viable for raids?

Blank!

Deadpool and Scarlet Witch aren't viable for raids?

They're fine, but not having a damaging ultimate is a drawback. A lot of ultimates deal ridiculous damage and Deadpools/SW's basically do nothing but provide a buff (that other, damaging ultimates already give: see Thing). Being able to ultimate twice in a fight for big damage multiplied by 10 people isn't insignificant.

RE Raid loot: Boss specific loot is dropping (Brimstone's Hide, Overseer Mace). I think those are the only 2 known boss drops. I don't think anyone has gotten anything from Hellfire (unless she also drops Brimstone's Hide). If there's going to be more loot than just that added to their table, I have no idea.

garath

Hair gel is just a rare loot drop thtas meant to be donated if you need to level the crafter/enchanter. If the vendors are done can just sell it for money.

mini-Sentinels are basically the same. The item you can get really isn't that great so if you need to level enchanter or crafter best to donate. 25,000 xp is a huge chunk for each one.

Uniques you may as well keep because if you get 3,4 or 5 of each you can trade them in for another random unique or can do the 3,4 or 5 for cash or runes

Where do you combine the mini sentinels? I have a lot of sentinel parts laying around. Wasn't sure what to do with them. Is it the resulting mini sentinel that is worth 25k XP to donate or should I just donate the parts?

Indignate

Where do you combine the mini sentinels? I have a lot of sentinel parts laying around. Wasn't sure what to do with them. Is it the resulting mini sentinel that is worth 25k XP to donate or should I just donate the parts?

Crafter has the recipe. One head, one torso, and two limbs, I believe. I'm pretty sure it's worth more as a whole than as parts.

GManDH

They're fine, but not having a damaging ultimate is a drawback. A lot of ultimates deal ridiculous damage and Deadpools/SW's basically do nothing but provide a buff (that other, damaging ultimates already give: see Thing). Being able to ultimate twice in a fight for big damage multiplied by 10 people isn't insignificant.

RE Raid loot: Boss specific loot is dropping (Brimstone's Hide, Overseer Mace). I think those are the only 2 known boss drops. I don't think anyone has gotten anything from Hellfire (unless she also drops Brimstone's Hide). If there's going to be more loot than just that added to their table, I have no idea.

What are they? uniques? arts???

Blank!

i prefer arts. boss arts tend to be a lot better than other arts, uniques depends on the heroes!!!

That's actually not true the vast majority of the time. The dev's have done a pretty marvelous job at dressing up artifacts making them seem bigger/better than they actually are... where the difference between a lot of these artifacts is less of a DPS increase than getting a better roll on your costume affix's or unique gear.

Just compare the Mental Focus headband to the Danger AI chip or an Advanced Wicked Wand of Wootomb. Or the GotK to a Ziggeraut.

Advanced Metasensory remains one of the best DPS artifacts in the game still (provided you actually benefit from the attack speed). Blinding Brazzier of Balthakk for a lot of characters (SW, Ironman) has an incredibly easy "condition" to achieve and a lot higher damage rating than most artifacts too.

garath

Crafter has the recipe. One head, one torso, and two limbs, I believe. I'm pretty sure it's worth more as a whole than as parts.

Damn. I have 1 limb, 3 heads and 2 torsos. :(

And you're right. The sum of all parts much greater than the individual. Each piece is like 150xp.

KePoW

Banned
FWIW, I joined a pug that got the first two bosses down to ~10% each. And while being DPS-oriented certainly helps, being a good player/knowing the encounter is far more important. We could have killed the boss provided people knew how to stay alive against Brimstone and his rock-slide attack.

Dang broski... lol, did you specifically check every single person? That's like the gestapo hahha.

Guess I should let you know that I still use many green Insignias, and I literally do not have a single Blessing on any of my characters (and I own them all haha).

KePoW

Banned
Blinding Brazzier of Balthakk for a lot of characters (SW, Ironman) has an incredibly easy "condition" to achieve and a lot higher damage rating than most artifacts too.

I thought that artifact was only for Human Torch lol.

SW and IM powers do burning??

Xevren

Dang broski... lol, did you specifically check every single person? That's like the gestapo hahha.

Guess I should let you know that I still use many green Insignias, and I literally do not have a single Blessing on any of my characters (and I own them all haha).

It's not that hard to do a pass on people just to check out of curiosity. I always look just for funsies but don't really give a shit what people have, though I have no desire to even bother raiding.

Ploid 3.0

Got Emma Frost in my random box... I'm gonna get every blonde in the game before I get Ms Marvel :(

Emma is pretty much my main, fun character. I've been playing Psylocke and it's funny how my most liked characters are mind characters (Scarlet Witch, Emma Forst, and now Psylocke).

Blank!

There's a load of down time when raiding in general. People going over the same 'strategy' over and over, bathroom breaks, etc. I use my time inspecting people.

And FWIW, I don't really care how 'sub-optimal' the gear of a player is. I didn't tell on anyone to the raid leader or whatever, because the player matters a whole lot more than the gear does. I was also one of those people without any blessings btw.

All that said, I find it pretty silly to join a raid when your gear is as bad as some of these people. One guy using a +1 durability level 33 core... that was literally it's only stat. He couldn't find ANYTHING better since then? Really? Level 40+ purple gear? One guy had a green ring on. I dunno, maybe that's there only 60 and they're brand spanking new and they really want to see the new content but it's a bit much at times.

Is there even going to be a patch this week/weekend? I think that's what I find the most strange about this week. Seems like it's not just the players who are a little burned out on the game. It would be nice if they add the next two raid encounters and buff the raid loot for the first two bosses on live servers.

The anniversary gift-giving was cool, but the raids have really split the player base. I don't think many people expected them to be this difficult.

garath

Is there even going to be a patch this week/weekend? I think that's what I find the most strange about this week. Seems like it's not just the players who are a little burned out on the game. It would be nice if they add the next two raid encounters and buff the raid loot for the first two bosses on live servers.

The anniversary gift-giving was cool, but the raids have really split the player base. I don't think many people expected them to be this difficult.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/103312/patch-update

Looks like it'll be going live around 4pm PDT. Right in the middle of the evening for EDT :(

KePoW

Banned
And FWIW, I don't really care how 'sub-optimal' the gear of a player is. I didn't tell on anyone to the raid leader or whatever, because the player matters a whole lot more than the gear does.

Yeah this is definitely true. I raided a lot in WoW and certainly found this to be the case.

My Luke Cage is cosmic prestige but I still only have a green insignia of Elektra right now, lol

(granted, I'm nowhere near 60)

Whoa cool, but now I see it's only for specific powers.

Any other characters/powers that you guys know of, besides Torch?

I've heard that you can put it on anybody who has Flame barrage (or whatever it's called) as their runeword. Obviously if you have a high attack speed person I assume it would be better.

So this is neat. Looking at the gear I had for Psylocke from back when she was released, I found this:

eUXFfbE.png

It grants the Crossbow basic at level 1 despite the recent patch moving the skill to a level 47 unlock (which makes no sense). Not that it matters though because the skill is no good.

Volimar

Do you guys use all of one kind of relic on one character until you run out, or do you split them based on what's best for each character right away?

So this is neat. Looking at the gear I had for Psylocke from back when she was released, I found this:

eUXFfbE.png

It grants the Crossbow basic at level 1 despite the recent patch moving the skill to a level 47 unlock (which makes no sense). Not that it matters though because the skill is no good.

Flavor text is God Tier.

garath

I managed to squeeze out one last shared quest with about 1 min to spare. Also popped XP potion and bar to squeeze out the last bit of stacked XP Hehe.

Xevren

What does that do?

Has a ton of small % procs that can stack, gives you stat increases. Was into the teens in fighting/intel/strength sometimes. Not really surprised it got nerfed. As Spider Man I'd just web spray area's and usually I'd get most of the buffs.

Top Bottom