• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Dec

thanks for letting us know AND saving me a code! got ghost rider!

np. Wife was taking forever with the registration so I started to get one for her and she figured it out as I finished so I had an extra.

Is it really worth it to hold onto yellow items? They're really clogging up my stash space.. Or is the rule just hold onto uniques?

I don't, but if you have the hero specific stash tabs I could see storing sets for prestiging being helpful.

Sblargh

Banned
Holy shit, this game is so much better than the last I've played.

I played the closed beta and thought it was horrible. Then I played some months after that and thought "wow, this is better", but still got bored quickly.

Now yesterday I've logged in again and dang, the game is good. I mean, dang. I remember the last time playing, I was having trouble progressing on the second difficulty level with Daredevil and now he is Boss. So fun to play with the signature move and the combo bar. It's so smooth and destructive.

I love it!

KePoW

Banned
Is it really worth it to hold onto yellow items? They're really clogging up my stash space.. Or is the rule just hold onto uniques?

If you didn't use them in the first place, then absolutely not. The only time I would save yellows is if you plan on prestiging that character. And even then, I only save them if I have that specific Hero tab.

Dec

Holy shit, this game is so much better than the last I've played.

I played the closed beta and thought it was horrible. Then I played some months after that and thought "wow, this is better", but still got bored quickly.

Now yesterday I've logged in again and dang, the game is good. I mean, dang. I remember the last time playing, I was having trouble progressing on the second difficulty level with Daredevil and now he is Boss. So fun to play with the signature move and the combo bar. It's so smooth and destructive.

I love it!

Daredevil was very bad at launch. Since his review he is very good. I was pretty much in the same boat, had Thing and Daredevil as my starters, both very poor at that point. Thing still is, to most people.

KePoW

Banned
I prestiged Thing last week to give him a spin, because most people on this thread keep ragging on him.

He's fine now. Yeah some of his powers may "look" boring, but effectiveness-wise it's fine and I had no problems.

I believe a couple of our posters who have played him recently said the same (Red Arremer and Blank?).

Thing gets a bad rap from launch.

Blank!

I prestiged Thing last week to give him a spin, because most people on this thread keep ragging on him.

He's fine now. Yeah some of his powers may "look" boring, but effectiveness-wise it's fine and I had no problems.

I believe a couple of our posters who have played him recently said the same (Red Arremer and Blank?).

Thing gets a bad rap from launch.

He's solid now (har har!) but has a few issues still:

1- Clobberin' Time maintenance is annoying. They increased the duration to 30 seconds so that we wouldn't have to hit the button so often, but they just reverted this change. It sucks.

2- No reliable CC breaker now that Clobberin' Time has a cooldown.

3- Teammate tree is woefully barren. I think it has 5 skills in it? And 3 of them are designed to be 1 point wonders. Very sad.

Other than that, he's got a crazy ultimate, good single target attacks. Better than average AoE (for a melee) and one of the better movement powers/unstoppable force users.

KePoW

Banned
He's solid now (har har!) but has a few issues still:

1- Clobberin' Time maintenance is annoying. They increased the duration to 30 seconds so that we wouldn't have to hit the button so often, but they just reverted this change. It sucks.

2- No reliable CC breaker now that Clobberin' Time has a cooldown.

3- Teammate tree is woefully barren. I think it has 5 skills in it? And 3 of them are designed to be 1 point wonders. Very sad.

Other than that, he's got a crazy ultimate, good single target attacks. Better than average AoE (for a melee) and one of the better movement powers/unstoppable force users.

Ya that's how I feel in general. He's fine and average, but not my favorite.

But by no means is he a terrible character.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Thing seemed fine up to 30 (or 32, whatever I left him at)

he is just terribly boring and needs a review bad. Just like Cable and Punisher in my opinion

garath

Got my gambit to 46. Fun fun character. Glad I bought him. Going to buy psylocke next. Might try the push to 60 with gambit first but I've been trying to stay with my buddy. The 5 level limit on tiers suck. Even now I passed him up. He'll have to solo from 41 to 45 to catch back up. Oops.

Sblargh

Banned
Since I've been out of the game for a long time and there's a bunch of new characters; I'll ask about what y'all think about some of my favorites.

Sue Storm
Reed Richards
Captain America (he was all right, has he changed?)
Scarlet Witch (I actually have her at lvl 23, has she changed?)

KePoW

Banned
Got my gambit to 46. Fun fun character. Glad I bought him. Going to buy psylocke next. Might try the push to 60 with gambit first but I've been trying to stay with my buddy. The 5 level limit on tiers suck. Even now I passed him up. He'll have to solo from 41 to 45 to catch back up. Oops.

Play X-Def bro.

Or do you seem to have something against X-Def, haha

KePoW

Banned
Since I've been out of the game for a long time and there's a bunch of new characters; I'll ask about what y'all think about some of my favorites.

Sue Storm
Reed Richards
Captain America (he was all right, has he changed?)
Scarlet Witch (I actually have her at lvl 23, has she changed?)

Sue -- average middle of the pack; I think her powers look very cool visually

Reed -- not out

Captain America -- very good now

Scarlet Witch -- awesome now

Sblargh

Banned
Sort of complicated/unique but totally awesome. Can lay out some serious AoE damage.

Sounds cool. Given that luck granted me three characters I already love in the comics (Spidey, DD and Wanda), I'm thinking of buying a new one as a thank you to the team making the game. :p

Dr. Strange might be it.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Played some THing today, his third talent tree is hilarious, in that it's a joke, anyway. 3 toggleable auras (of which you can only use 1, natch) and 2(!!!!) taunts.

But yeah he's totally fine, may even be better than Hulk now, which makes me sad for the green guy.

On another note, I got Loki to 30 today but kind of hated every moment. He seems super weak, especially now that even Thing has a much easier time with everything. I tried 3 different specs and none of them felt fun or very effective. Am I doing something wrong here or what?

KePoW

Banned
On another note, I got Loki to 30 today but kind of hated every moment. He seems super weak, especially now that even Thing has a much easier time with everything. I tried 3 different specs and none of them felt fun or very effective. Am I doing something wrong here or what?

Loki is my second most played character behind Luke Cage.

Did you not try Bouncing Bolt?

Ploid 3.0

Holy crap, I just noticed the buffs show in the buffs tab, buffs from abilities and passives. I wish they were identifiable by the icon but I guess it just got put in and they will be working on it.

I sometimes wonder if it's worth getting buff stuff when you could hardly tell visually that you have the buff, if they add icons in a easily viewable spot that will help things. Like a RPG or Diablo.

Indignate

I pulled Loki out of my last random box and he seems incredibly fun.

Probably my favorite character so far and all his trees seem useful that I'm not sure what to spec in.

You just hate mischief.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
friend buys Ghost Rider (his third character)

opens a random box gets Ghost Rider...

Mugaaz

Damnit missed another random give-away! Man these are hard to get lol. Oh well. Game is fun enjoying it so far. Got Loki and Cable to 60, working on Scarlet Witch now.

I think I'm doomed to miss all these random hero giveaways. It's not so bad, Storm is fun, just sore that the one time I did have a random hero box I got another Storm haha.

I think I'm doomed to miss all these random hero giveaways. It's not so bad, Storm is fun, just sore that the one time I did have a random hero box I got another Storm haha.
Kind benefactor with the hook up. Hope I don't get Storm again; show me Ms. Marvel!

Edit: Daredevil, woo. My roster finally grows.

KePoW

Banned
KePow, did you get the Luke Cage costume? Was considering it, looks loads better than the current ones I have

Ya I bought the Earth X costume, I think it looks great in-game. I like it better than the Noir one, which is what I used this whole time.

I don't like any of the other costumes at all. (well I like the yellow one, but I don't want to use default costumes... I need to look different than everyone else)

Indignate

Kind benefactor with the hook up. Hope I don't get Storm again; show me Ms. Marvel!

Edit: Daredevil, woo. My roster finally grows.

I've grown comfortable with the fact that I'm just going to have to buy Ms. Marvel.

She will never pop out of a box until after I do so and I'm fine with that.

Glad you got another hero! I've pop Storm as a dupe twice now!

Ploid 3.0

Really loving Psylocke, it's like I've been training for her since Scarlet Witch and Emma Frost.

Lay down the vacuum orb to gather everyone up + -10% attack

Put down the circle aoe dot that slows dramatically

Then do a aoe melee spinning dive ninja thing followed by another spinning ninja twirly attack

Put down another aoe slow just because it's a mental ability which buffs my physical attacks (omega points spec)

These abilities work off each other buffing and doing interesting things, like healing me and giving me more hp. Which is why I wish I could see what buffs are on me and stuff because I forget what's going on and what's down, but whatever, I'm doing enough damage and I'm staying alive I guess.

And spend some psi meter with brutal Psi Strikes for a bit (currently 13,800 - 21,000 x3 with +40% damage each consecutive strike). So deadly.

Fighting bosses is pretty safe and easy. I can put out the decoy if I'm getting my face mashed in to take off the heat, like Emma's pet with taunt. It's a low cooldown stealth so I can just keep doing it.

garath

Really loving Psylocke, it's like I've been training for her since Scarlet Witch and Emma Frost.

Lay down the vacuum orb to gather everyone up + -10% attack

Put down the circle aoe dot that slows dramatically

Then do a aoe melee spinning dive ninja thing followed by another spinning ninja twirly attack

Put down another aoe slow just because it's a mental ability which buffs my physical attacks (omega points spec)

These abilities work off each other buffing and doing interesting things, like healing me and giving me more hp. Which is why I could see what buffs are on me and stuff because I forget what's going on and what's down, but whatever, I'm doing enough damage and I'm staying alive I guess.

And spend some psi meter with brutal Psi Strikes for a bit (currently 13,800 - 21,000 x3 with +40% damage each consecutive strike). So deadly.

Fighting bosses is pretty safe and easy. I can put out the decoy if I'm getting my face mashed in to take off the heat, like Emma's pet with taunt. It's a low cooldown stealth so I can just keep doing it.

Nice! I just bought psylocke. Having fun with her already. Deadly ninja chick.

I bought Squirrel Girl with shards last night and she's really fun so far. Plays like my endgame Cyclops where she can just stand there and heal through most trash mobs while maintaining dps.

Xevren

can someone add me to the neogaf sg at some point? do i have to be online to get invited?

Yes, I sent you an invite before and you never accepted. Just say whatever your in game name is and im sure someone can get to you. Not gonna be on tonight, sick as shit.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Yes, I sent you an invite before and you never accepted. Just say whatever your in game name is and im sure someone can get to you. Not gonna be on tonight, sick as shit.

ah, sorry I didn't see it

feel better dude, i'll repost when im on next

Sblargh

Banned
Can I get added to the GAF guild as well? I'm Sblargh there too.

Edit: tho I have to say, I don't know if I'll do group stuff, I'll probably just amuse everyone with my amazing tales and unmatched charisma.

If someone could add me as well that would be great, I've had my fill being a lone agent. ID is BuySomeApples

ah, sorry I didn't see it

feel better dude, i'll repost when im on next

Can I get added to the GAF guild as well? I'm Sblargh there too.

Edit: tho I have to say, I don't know if I'll do group stuff, I'll probably just amuse everyone with my amazing tales and unmatched charisma.

I'll be on for the next couple hours so if you guys are on I'll throw out invites. Whisper me in-game so that I know you're on (same name as here, Frostinferno).

Ploid 3.0

Man the Marvel Heroes Gaf people are saints. I shall repay the favor by attempting to get extra codes for here. I have a few store gems left over (70ish) I wonder if that's tradable.

Also look at this cake farm pic. Also there's a guy that afked near a high traffic spot and got a lot of cake.

g5slfFS.jpg

I'm almost near the 365 cake point without doing either though, 40 more to go, and one more level for Psylocke 60 which I may go straight to prestige. Need 2 more costumes for another craft bwahaha.

Top Bottom