• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Dec

Why are you asking me? I can't do that, and I doubt I would if I could.

Because maybe the options for ranks are lacking in MH, idk.

And why not? Why would the gm decide? Aren't GAF guilds supposed to be for the community?

I am the GM in the Neverwinter guild and everyone has had the ability to invite since day 1. Thought this would be the norm for GAF guilds.

It's not like sgs are anything other than bare-bones chat channels. The rules should be set by the community, not by whoever was around in beta.

IMO.

liezryou

Ok first bug encountered... that was fast. Cleared through the entire subway but no sign of shocker and no quest marker on the map. All enemies gone, map totally visable. Went out the other end and got quest for black widow...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ok first bug encountered... that was fast. Cleared through the entire subway but no sign of shocker and no quest marker on the map. All enemies gone, map totally visable. Went out the other end and got quest for black widow...

quests unlock wether you have done the previous one or not, thats not a bug

and maybe you went into someone elses instance that already killed shocker?

liezryou

quests unlocked wether you have done the previous one or not, thats not a bug

and maybe you went into someone elses instance that already killed shocker?

That's probably what happened, i went in and there were two other people there, but i went into like a room with some yellow mobs and a yellow chest, when i came back everything was cleared and no shocker.

Dec

That's probably what happened, i went in and there were two other people there, but i went into like a room with some yellow mobs and a yellow chest, when i came back everything was cleared and no shocker.

By default you auto-join a party when you go in a story instance, you can turn it off in the settings.

inky

Because maybe the options for ranks are lacking in MH, idk.

And why not? Why would the gm decide? Aren't GAF guilds supposed to be for the community?

I am the GM in the Neverwinter guild and everyone has had the ability to invite since day 1. Thought this would be the norm for GAF guilds.

It's not like sgs are anything other than bare-bones chat channels. The rules should be set by the community, not by whoever was around in beta.

IMO.

Because it has to be done one by one, and I don't know who already has the ability because the SG UI is bugged and shows everyone is an officer when they are not (that's why it shows a silver star next to everyone's name). Heck, maybe everyone can already. Have you tried? It is not a box next to the name that you just tick, I have to command /guildpromote name every single name and I just haven't done so, but I am sure there are more than 30 people who can do it right now, just don't for whatever reason (thanks to those of you who do, I appreciate it). It is not a "rule" that only certain people can invite. I used to ask people to volunteer back then because the SG was smaller and less active, and very few would. Some people don't want to bother and I don't want to force it on them. That's also a "community" choice, not mine. It also used to be that both players had to be online at the same time to invite and get an invite, that is why it was kind of a chore for some. That is not the case anymore, just an FYI.

I don't mind jumping in to invite people, and I obviously don't read the thread 24/7, that is why I ask people to PM me if they want to join. I don't think I have intentionally skipped over anyone asking to be in, but if they ask late at night I can't do anything about it if others don't until I'm actually awake you know.

Lord Phol

I tried inviting someone yesterday who like me accidently left the sg, but I didn't have permission to do that. I think he/she got in though.

inky

Well, because you can't see who can and can't invite I jumped in to give more memebers permission and I used the /guildpromote command on J-Tier (limejello in-game) and it made him the SG leader and now I'm just an officer.

So if you have any more issues about this, take it up with him now.

Dec

Because it has to be done one by one, and I don't know who already has the ability because the SG UI is bugged and shows everyone is an officer when they are not (that's why it shows a silver star next to everyone's name). Heck, maybe everyone can already. Have you tried? It is not a box next to the name that you just tick, I have to command /guildpromote name every single name and I just haven't done so, but I am sure there are more than 30 people who can do it right now, just don't for whatever reason (thanks to those of you who do, I appreciate it). It is not a "rule" that only certain people can invite. I used to ask people to volunteer back then because the SG was smaller and less active, and very few would. Some people don't want to bother and I don't want to force it on them. That's also a "community" choice, not mine. It also used to be that both players had to be online at the same time to invite and get an invite, that is why it was kind of a chore for some. That is not the case anymore, just an FYI.

I don't mind jumping in to invite people, and I obviously don't read the thread 24/7, that is why I ask people to PM me if they want to join. I don't think I have intentionally skipped over anyone asking to be in, but if they ask late at night I can't do anything about it if others don't until I'm actually awake you know.

Didn't intend to jump to conclusions, I assumed the game just didn't have good features for setting it up, which is why I asked. The rest was to Xevren's "I doubt I would if I could".

What is the command for inviting people? There have definitely been times where someone has asked if there was anyone online to invite someone but there rarely is. Or at least, as you said, people that are aware that they can.

Indignate

I'm going to guest it's /guildinvite

You can always /help to make sure though. Also, you can invite people in your party by clicking on the icon that you would click on to leave.

Well, because you can't see who can and can't invite I jumped in to give more memebers permission and I used the /guildpromote command on J-Tier (limejello in-game) and it made him the SG leader and now I'm just an officer.

So if you have any more issues about this, take it up with him now.

Um, did you just rage quit these responsibilities (or whatever you want to call it) onto someone else? I hope you at least asked him first.

Dec

You can always /help to make sure though. Also, you can invite people in your party by clicking on the icon that you would click on to leave.

Um, did you just rage quit these responsibilities (or whatever you want to call it) onto someone else? I hope you at least asked him first.

I think he means he was going through promoting everyone to officer and used promote on someone that was one rank under gm, which made that person leader.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

/sginvite

Indignate

I think he means he was going through promoting everyone to officer and used promote on someone that was one rank under gm, which made that person leader.

Oh, okay.

Just that last sentence made it seem like he was saying "fuck you guys, I'm not dealing with this shit anymore."

Glad that isn't totally the case.

garath

Damn. Not sure if I'm going to get 365 cake pieces in time. I have around 280 now. They seem to be dropping like crazy but 365 is a lot.

Got my gambit to 49 and leveling psylocke now. She's 17. Once I get 20 it'll fly. Gambit has finally slowed down. Did a ton of xdefense yesterday and only got a couple levels with him. Even with XP boost. Guess the 50s will be slow

Dec

There was a thread about it going until next patch, then a post about maybe ending as scheduled but coming back next weekend. In either case you have time.

Edit, referring to cake.

KePoW

Banned

Not a bug, turn off auto-join in options. It's confusing for new players

Dec

For people that don't want to dig through Doomsaws post history the updated schedule for Silver Surfer is Tuesday morning for TC if he is cleared Monday night by Marvel. Doomsaw will post Monday night to let us know.

The delay was caused by SS using many different colors of beams throughout the years. Gaz has created beam effects for all colors and sent them all to Marvel, once cleared on Monday night they will just swap in whatever one Marvel chooses.

KePoW

Banned
For people that don't want to dig through Doomsaws post history the updated schedule for Silver Surfer is Tuesday morning for TC if he is cleared Monday night by Marvel. Doomsaw will post Monday night to let us know.

The delay was caused by SS using many different colors of beams throughout the years. Gaz has created beam effects for all colors and sent them all to Marvel, once cleared on Monday night they will just swap in whatever one Marvel chooses.

I still find it strange that Marvel makes all game design decisions. I'm not sure how I'd feel about that if I was a dev

Dec

Yeah but that's part of it too... the dev is already paying a shit ton of money for that license haha. Can't they design the game themselves

They get increased interest in their game from people that like Marvel (a lot), don't have to design their own classes and characters (they make the characters, but it's not nearly as difficult considering their powers have been demonstrated many times), no lore to create, endless costume ideas already designed by someone else.

They made the deal because it benefits both companies. I am personally glad Marvel gets final say, and I think Gaz is happy to be in the position they are. The people in charge seem to be very heavy into comics and try to do things by the book in the first place, just miss some of the small details once in a while.

KePoW

Banned
They get increased interest in their game from people that like Marvel (a lot), don't have to design their own classes and characters (they make the characters, but it's not nearly as difficult considering their powers have been demonstrated many times), no lore to create, endless costume ideas already designed by someone else.

They made the deal because it benefits both companies. I am personally glad Marvel gets final say, and I think Gaz is happy to be in the position they are. The people in charge seem to be very heavy into comics and try to do things by the book in the first place, just miss some of the small details once in a while.

Well it's one thing for Marvel to have control and say that a licensee cannot do certain things... like say, turn Iron Man/Tony Stark into a gay character.

But they don't even let a game dev make their own spell effects? That's weird to me.

Dec

Well it's one thing for Marvel to have control and say that a licensee cannot do certain things... like say, turn Iron Man/Tony Stark into a gay character.

But they don't even let a game dev make their own spell effects? That's weird to me.

I think this is a bit particular, yea. I mean, he has used beams of different colors in different official Marvel published works. There's a current SS comic now right? Maybe they want consistency with that or something.

I think this is a bit particular, yea. I mean, he has used beams of different colors in different official Marvel published works. There's a current SS comic now right? Maybe they want consistency with that or something.

Marvel sees their licensing as synergy so they want to emphasize certain traditional or modern interpretations of characters depending on what they are pursuing or planning at any given time. The fact that spell effects are so carefully controlled makes sense too since the hero powers are often as iconic as the looks of the heroes themselves. Supposedly marvel is a lot more flexible than most. From my heroclix days I heard horror stories about capcom's creative control to the point that they never released a second set of street fighter figures.

KePoW

Banned
Marvel sees their licensing as synergy so they want to emphasize certain traditional or modern interpretations of characters depending on what they are pursuing or planning at any given time. The fact that spell effects are so carefully controlled makes sense too since the hero powers are often as iconic as the looks of the heroes themselves. Supposedly marvel is a lot more flexible than most.

That's interesting. I'd like to by a fly on the wall and hear the internal discussions when it comes to Marvel approving things for game devs.

Dec

Marvel sees their licensing as synergy so they want to emphasize certain traditional or modern interpretations of characters depending on what they are pursuing or planning at any given time. The fact that spell effects are so carefully controlled makes sense too since the hero powers are often as iconic as the looks of the heroes themselves. Supposedly marvel is a lot more flexible than most. From my heroclix days I heard horror stories about capcom's creative control to the point that they never released a second set of street fighter figures.

This isn't one of those situations from what I've read though. Marvel themselves are apparently having trouble deciding what color Gaz should use. He was supposed to be on TC two weeks ago and they've been deciding the color since then.

This isn't one of those situations from what I've read though. Marvel themselves are apparently having trouble deciding what color Gaz should use. He was supposed to be on TC two weeks ago and they've been deciding the color since then.

There was a heroclix version of him that used yellow beams not too long ago. I would assume they'll go with that.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I broke 350 splinters today, so I should definitely have 400 by the time Surfer is on live.

Also got Loki to 60 and popped a birthday cake so I already have some sweet uniques, but my artifact situation leaves much to be desired.

LuuKyK

Maybe I am imagining things but with all these XP boosts including the server side one, and even considering I already have four other level 60 characters + the legendary that gives 10% more XP, it seems like its slower to level up. Back when I was maxing out Scarlet Witch each XDEF run was resulting in two to three level ups. With Psylocke a run with 15 waves is barely giving me one level now. And yeah, I am comparing it when they both were around the same level range (40-45). Weird.

Maybe I am imagining things but with all these XP boosts including the server side one, and even considering I already have four other level 60 characters + the legendary that gives 10% more XP, it seems like its slower to level up. Back when I was maxing out Scarlet Witch each XDEF run was resulting in two to three level ups. With Psylocke a run with 15 waves is barely giving me one level now. And yeah, I am comparing it when they both were around the same level range (40-45). Weird.

I noticed that blue enemies haven't been dropping xp orbs every time...and I think they used to? But I'm not sure...it seems weird that I hadn't noticed it before.

KePoW

Banned

Hmm I haven't really noticed that, but I've mainly been playing my cosmic prestige character the past couple weeks.

Vecks

This probably doesn't matter that much, but just an FYI, for the guild ranking stuff, I've noticed there is actually a pattern to determine who is an officer and who is not.
There's an order to it.
First there's the separation between online and offline. That is kind of obvious.
Those who are online will be shown on top.
Then it's by guild rank. Leader, officer, members. So the leader is always on top of the online or offline section.
The ranks below are ordered first by prestige (from green first-->cosmic), then alphabetically. So Xevren is usually the best indicator for where the officer rank stops. Because after Xevren, you'll see the next prestiged normal member/or whoever starts with A if nobody is playing a prestiged character.

If this is correct, there are actually only 10 people who can invite into the SG.

I feel like midtown legendary xp may have been nerfed.

This probably doesn't matter that much, but just an FYI, for the guild ranking stuff, I've noticed there is actually a pattern to determine who is an officer and who is not.
There's an order to it.
First there's the separation between online and offline. That is kind of obvious.
Those who are online will be shown on top.
Then it's by guild rank. Leader, officer, members. So the leader is always on top of the online or offline section.
The ranks below are ordered first by prestige (from green first-->cosmic), then alphabetically. So Xevren is usually the best indicator for where the officer rank stops. Because after Xevren, you'll see the next prestiged normal member/or whoever starts with A if nobody is playing a prestiged character.

If this is correct, there are actually only 10 people who can invite into the SG.

Honestly, our supergroup isn't that big. 10 people should be more than enough to handle the limited invites we normally have to dole out.

Sblargh

Banned
I still find it strange that Marvel makes all game design decisions. I'm not sure how I'd feel about that if I was a dev

This kind of feedback is awesome, tho, wheter it is forced upon them or not. It should be up to Marvel to decide on certain aesthetic aspects of the game, they are the ones that have the most grasp of the character.

Got my Panther to 60 over the weekend and started on Scarlet Witch. She's at 47 now.

Is it just me or is Scarlet, umm, not really that great? I thought I'd read before she was a beast, but while she's really good on mobs, her single-target DPS and boss ability is seriously bad. I struggle in Green Terminals, and this is right off the back of my BP play-through where I could solo Red Terminals without breaking a sweat.

Tried a couple of builds now, and started getting pissed off last night at level 45 when I was dying multiple times on Kingpin Green Terminal, so I hit up Marvelbase and used one of the popular builds, but she still feels squishy and useless against bosses.

Pretty much using all the recommended Artifacts too.

Guess what I'm asking is that the general consensus? She's great on mobs, useless on bosses/terms?

EDIT: 2 Birthday cakes and counting.

Top Bottom