• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
sobbing.gif
sobbing.gif
sobbing.gif

Shit. I got Cable. Oh well, it was free so I cant complain. At least its someone I didn't own.

never ever complain about a non dupe out of a random. a friend of mine just started playing, bought ghostrider, I give him a random box and its...ghost rider

#randomisrandom

garath

I haven't gotten a chance to open mine yet. The ones I really want to play besides what I already own are:

- Deadpool
- Dr. Strange
- Moon Knight

With a side of:

- Jean Gray
- Ms. Marvel
- Nightcrawler
- Emma Frost

sophora

I got Scarlet Witch, wife got Squirrel Girl who is probably her most wanted hero so I bet she'll be happy.

Got Squirrel Girl from my Random Box too. Thought I was going to get another dupe since before my Colossus I got three dupes from boxes. Actually quite happy I got her too haha.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I should really make a fake Facebook for giveaways like this, managed to get Dr. Strange.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
snagged a code for my friend, call him at work so he can do it also, hes on the field and cant lol. I can see he will have the worst luck with this game. I bet he will get another dupe too :/

Thor, Emma and IW all have costumes from the blender sitting in my STASH. Hopefully this random box brings me one of them.

At this point a dupe's not too bad, it's what I expect. I hit 400 splinters this weekend for Surfer so now I'll probably save up for Star Lord.

Sblargh

Banned
Those enhanced costumes will be how Gazillion steal all my money. It will be very hard to have Hawkeye and not be Kate Bishop; if I get Thor, it will be very hard not to be Beta Ray Bill. Those evil geniuses are going to make me spend dollars on reskins. But dang, so good reskins.

Dec

So I somehow ended up with all the characters. If I wait to open the random box til like surfer comes out, I could get him right? In theory.

Pretty certain the character is selected as the box is created, not when you open it. So unless you wait until Surfer is out to actually put the code in, the game already decided what character you got.

People tested this using the TC.

LuuKyK

So I somehow ended up with all the characters. If I wait to open the random box til like surfer comes out, I could get him right? In theory.

Huge emphasis on IN THEORY. :lol

Pretty certain the character is selected as the box is created, not when you open it. So unless you wait until Surfer is out to actually put the code in, the game already decided what character you got.

People tested this using the TC.

Really? Didn't know that. It does make sense though.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
in theory, and if youre very lucky

No, actually that is incorrect. The character inside the box is generated when the box is. It can only contain currently available heroes.

garath

Ya'll are making me excited to go home and check the box lol. It'll probably be my first dupe. I've been lucky so far with no dupes so that's bound to end.

sobbing.gif
sobbing.gif
sobbing.gif

Shit. I got Cable. Oh well, it was free so I cant complain. At least its someone I didn't own.

Yeah don't complain about non-dupes! I have opened four of these and all of them are dupes. I have half the heroes but still.

Plus, Cable is probably one of the more fun pre-52 review characters in the game IMO.
Although his Ultimate is boring as all hell.

About to open this one and see.

Yup, that is 5/5 dupes. Goddamnit!

Rhaknar

No, actually that is incorrect. The character inside the box is generated when the box is. It can only contain currently available heroes.

I did not know that, thank you for the information, please dont eat my sanity mr saron

Dec

Yeah don't complain about non-dupes! I have opened four of these and all of them are dupes. I have half the heroes but still.

Plus, Cable is probably one of the more fun pre-52 review characters in the game IMO.
Although his Ultimate is boring as all hell.

About to open this one and see.

Yup, that is 5/5 dupes. Goddamnit!

Difficult situation lol. Buying heroes individually is really time consuming, but when your luck is shit it seems like a good option.

The way I see it though, you never lose buying a random box. The worst you can get is something worth 200 splinters out of a box that costs 175. The only losing is getting ultimate upgrades for heroes you don't like.

If I got nothing but Dr. Strange and Rocket upgrades from here on out, I would be happy.

garath

The only heroes I REALLY wanted was Gambit and Psylocke. I bought both of them with Gs and called it a purchase price for the game I wanted to play. Easy to justify.

Rest have been random hero boxes either through splinters or these giveaways. Imo, all those are just gravy on top. I'll probably continue to buy random boxes until another specific hero comes along that I want.

edit: Sidenote, Gaz needs to do a little more with the hotbar management. It looks like I'm going to have to go ini editing to make Psylocke really work. I'm not even done leveling her and I've already had to abandon a couple skills because I can't fit them on the bar. I hate swapping bars to get to other abilities.

Rhaknar

are this facebook keys even multiple per account? im trying to get my friend some more, and just realised it might be useless?

anyone used more than 1?

Teggy

Got a Taskmaster dupe, oh well.

Having a lot of fun with Squirrel Girl. She is so tanky with Squirrel Friends, at least at the lower levels. I'll have to see how it holds up since the heals don't scale with the power.

Lord Phol

Man dailies are my biggest enemy in this game atm. I almost feel like I have to do them every day so I won't loose out on stuff (mostly free orbs), but they are stealing +1 hour of my life each time..

KePoW

Banned
Man dailies are my biggest enemy in this game atm. I almost feel like I have to do them every day so I won't loose out on stuff (mostly free orbs), but they are stealing +1 hour of my life each time..

I don't bother doing them, the rewards are not good enough to force myself. I'm not OCD though =P

Ploid 3.0

It's working then, dailies just give people a reason to log in each day. I actually think they're a good thing, especially since the reward is usually good enough to make people want to get them done. Just skip one day and you'll eventually start doing them when you feel like it instead of doing them out of obligation.

Difficult situation lol. Buying heroes individually is really time consuming, but when your luck is shit it seems like a good option.

The way I see it though, you never lose buying a random box. The worst you can get is something worth 200 splinters out of a box that costs 175. The only losing is getting ultimate upgrades for heroes you don't like.

If I got nothing but Dr. Strange and Rocket upgrades from here on out, I would be happy.

Yeah, I don't really think the Ult upgrades are THAT useful and I haven't even gotten a dupe of any character I regularly play.
I have already spent cash on quite a few heroes (Cable, Jean Grey, Gambit, Nightcrawler, Psylocke, Wolvie, Cylcops, Emma) so I was hoping for at least one new character from at least one of the free boxes.

Definitely staying the hell away from the random splinter box. I have only used it once and got Punisher which was okay. Just got him as a dupe from the last box too though.

Mugaaz

The dailies in this game are in a perfect place, worth doing, but not worth doing over everything else. Really, its about as optimal as possible. If youre doing related stuff anyway, its worth finishing them, but if you just want to run cosmic kurse all day you are not doing it wrong/being an idiot. The only issue is fine tuning some of the reqs like defender tokens and stuff like help police/secret AIM/save citizens.

Top Bottom