• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

So Doomsaw posted on the official forums about the raid difficulty.

...current difficulty during beta is somewhere between Normal and Hard mode.

We're keeping as much data as possible and watching groups fight, which has been incredibly helpful.

I don't know how I feel about it. My guild is actually looking to merge with another one now, because very few of the players wanted to put the effort into blessings and enchants and farming for good rolls in order to raid. I wish they had released the easier version of the raid to begin with.

Drayco21

Spent the last couple days trying to work on Deadpool since he's one of my favorite characters in the comics, and his synergy seems helpful, but man... I'm really not enjoying it. His powers all seem really boring, and half of them are just slightly different basics, so he just feels boring to play as, and his dialogue is some of the worst that I've played so far.

Maybe he gets better as he goes, but he's just not working for me right now.

LuuKyK

Everytime I read Elektra's name I pray to the gazillion and marvel gods that she is part of the 2015 advance pack or is a surprise hero next year. At least she is confirmed as a "playable at some point" but still...

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
My reaction to Elektra being playable would be "good, I can save splinters for whatever hero is released after her"

KePoW

Banned
Cage is fantastic, but I quite like a lot of the melee characters. Think KePow is cosmic prestiging him as well

Luke Cage is awesome, the most fun melee character in my book. (note that "fun" does not necessarily mean most powerful, but he's up there for that too)

KePoW

Banned
Spent the last couple days trying to work on Deadpool since he's one of my favorite characters in the comics, and his synergy seems helpful, but man... I'm really not enjoying it. His powers all seem really boring, and half of them are just slightly different basics, so he just feels boring to play as, and his dialogue is some of the worst that I've played so far.

Maybe he gets better as he goes, but he's just not working for me right now.

I like Deadpool in the game a lot... however I can see how some people might not. Does not have the fanciest powers yet because he is still pre-52.

I have fun just using the melee Basic, caltrops, and Shoot All The Bullets.

But I don't really get your statement that you hate his dialog, while being a huge fan of him in comix? His dialog in MH is exactly what he's like in comix, lol...

My reaction to Elektra being playable would be "good, I can save splinters for whatever hero is released after her"

whoa bro... jeez where did that come from??

garath

Yeah. I was racking my brain trying to think of cool marvel heroes that I'd want to play that aren't already there and I was hard pressed to come up with anything. Elektra would be cool I guess. Iceman of course.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah. I was racking my brain trying to think of cool marvel heroes that I'd want to play that aren't already there and I was hard pressed to come up with anything. Elektra would be cool I guess. Iceman of course.

They are hopefully going to get a lot of mileage out of the "villains who aren't bad 100% of the time" route. Venom, Magneto, Doom are all going to be very popular I imagine. Loki is already quite awesome. They even said Thanos will be playable even though he's as evil as fuck.

Then there's more cosmic dudes, which Marvel might be pushing due to the movies. Ronan would be dope. Super Skrull could easily be a FF4 version of taskmaster once Reed is done and Thing gets his review.

Drayco21

But I don't really get your statement that you hate his dialog, while being a huge fan of him in comix? His dialog in MH is exactly what he's like in comix, lol...

When he's being really, really poorly written, I suppose.

Then there's more cosmic dudes, which Marvel might be pushing due to the movies. Ronan would be dope. Super Skrull could easily be a FF4 version of taskmaster once Reed is done and Thing gets his review.

I hope we see more playable Marvel Cosmic characters cuz they're all so awesome. Super Skrull, Gladiator, Phylla, Adam Warlock, Agent Venom, Corsair, Drax,... lots of stuff to mine out of there.

KePoW

Banned
...no? I'm not really a huge anything fan. I don't read comics or anything. I go where the gameplay is.

oh ok, I thought u were a huge comix nut

When he's being really, really poorly written, I suppose.

Hmm I'm not a Deadpool comix expert, but I've read several issues from a few different series. And his dialog didn't seem too much different than his lines in MH.

For example, I recently read a few issues from I believe the current (?) series... it was a storyline with dead presidents and stuff.

Anoregon

There's two unannounced GOTG teamups coming down the pipe near the release of the movie, so I could easily see them being Drax and Gamorra, since that will put all the film characters in the game.

Dec

There's two unannounced GOTG teamups coming down the pipe near the release of the movie, so I could easily see them being Drax and Gamorra, since that will put all the film characters in the game.

I would absolutely love to see Mantis but the likely hood of that is... near zero. Cosmo would be funny too.

Dec

Old man Star-lord costume would be pretty hilarious.

LOL... the dog... ?? Or some other Cosmo I'm not thinking of?

Cosmo is head of security on Knowhere and really powerful.

Edit:

iYM06WaT6MT3F.jpg

Drayco21

Hmm I'm not a Deadpool comix expert, but I've read several issues from a few different series. And his dialog didn't seem too much different than his lines in MH.

For example, I recently read a few issues from I believe the current (?) series... it was a storyline with dead presidents and stuff.

That's the Marvel Now run, which gets really, really good right after that arc. I think my biggest problem with Marvel Heroes Deadpool is that I think his lines are less funny and more obnoxious (like loudly singing along to circus music that lasts longer than any other voice clip in the game and doesn't get interrupted every 3 or 4 kills) and that they rely to hard on referencing him being in a video game.

I would absolutely love to see Mantis but the likely hood of that is... near zero. Cosmo would be funny too.

I would buy the hell out of either of these. The more based DnA Marvel Cosmic stuff, the better.

so decided to come back after a long ass while to see what 2015 is all about. Finally got my ironman to 30 for the event... and got dr. strange from something?

Holy shit are the effects of his moves amazing. I'm confused though, did they change up skill trees again for new characters? i recall ultimates used to be 30, but they aren't anymore?

Is there a good leveling guide around? Been mostly dabbling in story mode, no clue what all these remote terminals and other modes are about, and which are worth doing.

KePoW

Banned
so decided to come back after a long ass while to see what 2015 is all about. Finally got my ironman to 30 for the event... and got dr. strange from something?

Holy shit are the effects of his moves amazing. I'm confused though, did they change up skill trees again for new characters? i recall ultimates used to be 30, but they aren't anymore?

Ultimates are at 52 now, they re-did the Power trees and philosophies for most characters.

LuuKyK

Is there a good leveling guide around? Been mostly dabbling in story mode, no clue what all these remote terminals and other modes are about, and which are worth doing.

Yeah, all old characters are getting their "52 review", which are basically complete character redesigns or improvements based on player feedback.

About the new modes: I honestly barely play any story mode anymore. I do the prelude or whatever its called and start doing XDEF (one of the modes in the purple terminal) because its way more fun and rewarding.

Dec

The new format is signature ability at 30 and ultimate at 52. All new heroes are like that and they are going through the old ones to update them. They get fully reworked (or heavily changed all through) though.

Dr. Strange is my favorite that I've played. Will probably change at Rocket's rework though.

Leveling is 1-20 in holosim or x-defense because you unlock legendary quests at level 20. After that just do your legendary quests (access with L) to level, pay to skip story legendary quests.

If you get them to 60 and like them enough to play them more, use the guide Rhaknar made to get them the storyline rewards on each difficulty. Link.

KePoW

Banned
Leveling is 1-20 in holosim or x-defense because you unlock legendary quests at level 20. After that just do your legendary quests (access with L) to level, pay to skip story legendary quests.

Some story LQs are really easy and fast. But a new player won't know which ones until they get a lot more play-time and familiarity.

But I'd rather do some of the story ones as opposed to 6 Super Villains, for example.

Dec

Some story LQs are really easy and fast. But a new player won't know which ones until they get a lot more play-time and familiarity.

But I'd rather do some of the story ones as opposed to 6 Super Villains, for example.

Agree. Reading them and deciding case by case is best, but simplified I think skipping story is fine as all other legendary quests have the added benefit of potentially being part of shared quests.

Uthred

Awesome, had Dr Strange, Human Torch and Hulk as the heroes I wanted to get. Bought Hulk cheap yesterday in the sale, got three random boxes today, got a dupe Storm this monring and then just got Human Torch and Dr Strange.

Anoregon

Sweet, got Rocket Raccoon! Interested to see how he plays.

Well even if you don't like it, his review is in a couple of months and is supposed to be huge with regard to changes/additions.

LuuKyK

Awesome, had Dr Strange, Human Torch and Hulk as the heroes I wanted to get. Bought Hulk cheap yesterday in the sale, got three random boxes today, got a dupe Storm this monring and then just got Human Torch and Dr Strange.

What kind of luck is this? Can I buy some?
:p

I just opened around 24 shared quest loots boxes and ended up with 5 uniques along with a cosmic ring. Seems like opening them feels much less disappointing when you do it in big batches.

Anoregon

Got a storm token out of my box. That's 2 200splinter dupes in a row : \

Indignate

They should not give out these keys so early in the morning. I sleep.

Loki is still really fun.

I think it's mostly the teleporting though. I want to play teleporting characters for the rest of my life.

Top Bottom