• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Volimar

So, I wasn't being able to send invites and now even my messages are not going through. :p

I got kicked, and when I rejoined, I couldn't use the chat. So I just quit for a while. Figure the game is buckling under all the power cosmic being unleashed by the surfers.

On the bright side, I finally got Jean Grey to 60. My 2nd lvl 60 character, woohoo!

Uthred

I wouldn't mind if the moviw costume is the alt. As Star Lord costumes go it's infinitely better than this..

Everything about post-DnA GotG is fucking terrible. While I loved Bendis' creator owned stuff his Marvel stuff is uniformly poor (while it can be entertaining in the short term all his characters sound more or less the same and bear little to no relation to said characters established personality or history, he's good at spectacle but it works better when its not part of an established universe).

New advanced bundle up, includes first villain wave and other coming heroes. $60

Presumbaly the advance packs dont go on sale so its best to jump on it now if you want it? I wonder how long the limited time availability is

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
The idea of paid boosts that increase splinter drop rates is hilarious to me. Splinters are something you use to avoid spending money. So you can spend some money to get more splinters so you can spend less money. Sounds legit.

Sblargh

Banned
I don't complain, really, I have spent zero dollars on the game and having so much fun with it.
So I'll be selfish and say they can milk other people all they want. :p

Ragnaroz

The idea of paid boosts that increase splinter drop rates is hilarious to me. Splinters are something you use to avoid spending money. So you can spend some money to get more splinters so you can spend less money. Sounds legit.
You get 250 Gs while you play. You can buy 2 boosts for that, and you should because so far it's amazing. 5 splinters in 10 minutes.

Drayco21

Looks like Kraven the Hunter is the boss for the Bronx Zoo one shot. According to Doomsaw, after that will be-
Doomsaw said:
"A mystery to solve. And then something Red."

FiacbC1.jpg

Xenocthul

Both Doomsaw and TheDink confirmed the movie costume is Star-Lord's other costume. According to Dink it's very detailed and apparently out of all the costumes she has done for MH this one is taking her the longest.

Ragnaroz

Oh jesus, there's a new boost in the store that doubles splinter drop rate and increases chance of double/x10 drops.
It is amazing. And so exploitable. Every time splinters drop(every 8 minutes) you get an additional and sometimes even more. So I literally just kill stuff until they drop, log out, wait for 8 minutes, rinse and repeat. I've spent like 15 minutes of my buff so far and got 30 splinters.

liezryou

It is amazing. And so exploitable. Every time splinters drop(every 8 minutes) you get an additional and sometimes even more. So I literally just kill stuff until they drop, log out, wait for 8 minutes, rinse and repeat. I've spent like 15 minutes of my buff so far and got 30 splinters.

That's a nice exploit. Wouldn't spread the word too much or they might hotfix it into 8 minutes of gametime or something.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

That seems incredibly tedious and un-fun.

New advanced bundle up, includes first villain wave and other coming heroes. $60
https://store.marvelheroes.com/wsstore_en_us/badguys-pack.html

Shows first shots of default Starlord and Rogue costumes

Well that's incredibly disappointing. I was really hoping for the red version of Starlord's costume (it would match Rocket's default too), but now it looks like another purchase on the side. Likewise they took the easy route with Reed and gave him his Future Foundation costume as his alt just like with Sue instead of the newer red/black outfit that Doomsaw teased. This game needs more red outfits!

Ragnaroz

That's a nice exploit. Wouldn't spread the word too much or they might hotfix it into 8 minutes of gametime or something.
That's why I only said it on GAF. No way am I mentioning anything about this on the forums.

And yes, it is a bit tedious, but when you work out the math, you can get like 500+ splinters from this, maybe even more, I'll share the results once I'm done with it, and all that for just 125 Gs.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm a little surprised/bummed they don't have a code for a free one, as they tend to do that with new boosts. Especially since we are still in ANNIVERSARY MONTH.

shock33

That's why I only said it on GAF. No way am I mentioning anything about this on the forums.

And yes, it is a bit tedious, but when you work out the math, you can get like 500+ splinters from this, maybe even more, I'll share the results once I'm done with it, and all that for just 125 Gs.

Can't you just go back to the hub to replicate this?

garath

Don't forget SIF% affects splinter drop rate too. Use a SIF boost or two at the same time to get the most bang out of it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
whats the word on Surfer? Ill check him out after the steam sale is over (too busy idling games for cards for money for games), Frost was saying he was busted in the TC?

edit: Star-Lord is schedule for release with the Guardians of the Galaxy movie, along with a couple of friends to team-up with.

guess this confirms new GotG team ups soon

edit: holy shit

The final encounter of the Muspelheim Raid, Surtur himself, will be in final testing and deployment very shortly. Once Surtur is defeated, the raids will transition out of Beta and full rewards will be added to their loot tables and an alternate currency will be available for encounters outside of the system (very similar to the WoW system).

uuuuuuuuuugggggggggghhhhhhhhhh you are not even hiding the fact that you just want to be WOW now are you Gaz, fuck it, lets just call it by name in our own patch notes. Jesus Christ, that is...that is something

Volimar

whats the word on Surfer? Ill check him out after the steam sale is over (too busy idling games for cards for money for games), Frost was saying he was busted in the TC?

The final encounter of the Muspelheim Raid, Surtur himself, will be in final testing and deployment very shortly. Once Surtur is defeated, the raids will transition out of Beta and full rewards will be added to their loot tables and an alternate currency will be available for encounters outside of the system (very similar to the WoW system).

uuuuuuuuuugggggggggghhhhhhhhhh you are not even hiding the fact that you just want to be WOW now are you Gaz, fuck it, lets just call it by name in our own patch notes. Jesus Christ, that is...that is something

Well, considering I'm not likely to find a team that wants to try the raid just to see what it's like, and I don't feel like being yelled at for not having all my skill points allotted in the "acceptable" manner (whatever that is) I'm probably just going to ignore the whole raid system.

At least the one shots look entertaining...

These look interesting from the patch notes.

Shared Quest boxes now have a chance to drop Unstable Molecules and Retcon Devices.

Yay!

We have another anniversary month event planned for next week. You will not want to miss it.

Yay!

Dec

Nice avatar.

Also I got a little trick going on JaseC linked me. I went in the Ys 2 directory, made a "steam_appid.txt" file, put the appid of the game I want cards for in there, then run the "config.exe" for Ys 2.

Steam thinks I'm playing whatever game's appid I put in the text file, but all that's running on my pc is the Ys 2 options box.

Oh and an anime girl just hanging out at the bottom of my screen.

Edit: I can also play MH through Steam and it doesn't change the game I'm playing. Did it all yesterday.

He's much better now since they fixed his ass up yesterday. They swung the pendulum the other way and made him a bit on the "too strong" side of things, but in a way that makes his playstyle fun.

Also, new code CAK3 for 10 slices.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
new code? CAK3 - birthday cake

edit: beaten like Silver Savage by the Hulk

Anoregon

With this new drop rate, I'll need all the codes I can get to reach 365 cakes.

Yeah, it's weird that they nerfed the drop rate in general instead of just fixing the easy to exploit areas. Oh well.

KePoW

Banned
*Shrug* I don't know why some of you are so anti-WoW raids. I loved raiding most of the time in WoW, so bring it on.

What other MMORPG would you want the raid system to be taken from? I can't think of any game that did it better.

Rhaknar

*Shrug* I don't know why some of you are so anti-WoW raids. I loved raiding most of the time in WoW, so bring it on.

What other MMORPG would you want the raid system to be taken from? I can't think of any game that did it better.

first of all, this is not a mmorpg

second, its that they are so blatant about it to the point of calling out wow in patch notes. Thats like Battlefield saying "we changed this so its more like Call of Duty"

third: raids, in general, are stressful endeavors that turn fun activities (games) into borderline jobs

fourth, there is a reason why loot driven action rpgs dont have raids, these games are designed for YOU to grind for your loot, not to be dependant on other people

Blank!

Speaking of raids...

Anyone interested in trying this out? I'm thinking about organizing one if there's enough (any) interest and coming up with a time where we could try. Can probably fill in a few slots with pugs. I'm east coast so I dunno how difficult that'll be, but was thinking some time in the evening. Nothing "hardcore" or anything, like won't need ventrilo/gear checks or anything, just have to be willing to try stuff out/die a lot with little gain :p

Indignate

second, its that they are so blatant about it to the point of calling out wow in patch notes. Thats like Battlefield saying "we changed this so its more like Call of Duty"

third: raids, in general, are stressful endeavors that turn fun activities (games) into borderline jobs

fourth, there is a reason why loot driven action rpgs dont have raids, these games are designed for YOU to grind for your loot, not to be dependant on other people

1. Does it matter? Remember when Action games and RPG games were completely separate? Now we have Action-RPGs, it's no big deal.

2. Because it's the closes relevant thing. Also, this game isn't directly competing in the WoW market so saying it's BF to COD is not correct.

3. For you, maybe. For me, yes. For others, who knows. I don't have the statistics or the sources to prove either for anyone that isn't me.

4. Isn't the purpose of Raids to get better loot though?

Vecks

Speaking of raids...

Anyone interested in trying this out? I'm thinking about organizing one if there's enough (any) interest and coming up with a time where we could try. Can probably fill in a few slots with pugs. I'm east coast so I dunno how difficult that'll be, but was thinking some time in the evening. Nothing "hardcore" or anything, like won't need ventrilo/gear checks or anything, just have to be willing to try stuff out/die a lot with little gain :p

I'd be interested. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I'm east coast too.

inky

All good points.

I rarely group in this game, or in ARPGs in general unless it's with IRL friends. I particularly love the self found nature of this game and have since the beginning, Raids might be neat for a weekend or two, but they are going to take away this last aspect from the game a bit, so I'll just do my best ignoring it.

Blank!

worth pointing out that there will be single-player methods of obtaining the loot from raids, and they have talked about making a one-shot version of the raid after it's out of beta.

Of course, at this point it's just talk of what they plan on doing and it may end up another Chapter 9/Bronx Zoo (taking them years to complete if ever) but their plans are at least sound IMO.

Top Bottom