• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

inky

I get tons from terminals, and MM to a lesser extent.

I ALWAYS tell you guys. Do terminals. You guys spend too much time on that shitty X-Def mode ;P

LuuKyK

People on the forums are reporting that Brevik said this on a stream (about Rogue):

Rogue will come shortly after Starlord, in fact not much after, at all

Does that mean she is the one right after him or just that she is coming at some point after he is released? He truly made it sound like they will be released close to each other...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
People on the forums are reporting that Brevik said this on a stream (about Rogue):

Does that mean she is the one right after him or just that she is coming at some point after he is released? He truly made it sound like they will be released close to each other...

BUT BUT THEY SAID 2015

lol at schedules

edit: im not complaining about them releasing her soon btw, I want her bad, just find it funny how most of the shit they say is meaningless in the end. Ive said it before, but there is a reason most companies arent this open with fans

Alright, so I've got Storm at level 45 now mostly going with the flow and doing the first two difficulties of story mode, but I'm not really sure of the rest of the game. I get kind of confused by the different currencies and craft materials, I mean I like getting splinters and hoarding those but I'm not really sure about the rest of the stuff I'm finding.

Can someone give me a quick primer on what my focus should be? What I should be looking for in the terminals, which are good to play, that sort of thing? Whenever I venture off into the terminals I just get kind of overloaded with choice not really getting where I should be going or why.

Uthred

I wonder is there realistically much chance of Marvel Heroes being a Daily/community/flash deal, got that Steam sale money burning a hole in my pocket ;)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I wonder is there realistically much chance of Marvel Heroes being a Daily/community/flash deal, got that Steam sale money burning a hole in my pocket ;)

Well there isn't a whole lot of marvel heroes stuff on steam as is, so the current 50% off on the stuff that is there is good enough if you don't have any of it.

Dec

Well there isn't a whole lot of marvel heroes stuff on steam as is, so the current 50% off on the stuff that is there is good enough if you don't have any of it.

Good enough isn't really what Steam sales are for. It's very smart to wait until the 29th to buy any of it just in case. Though I don't think it's likely.

inky

Alright, so I've got Storm at level 45 now mostly going with the flow and doing the first two difficulties of story mode, but I'm not really sure of the rest of the game. I get kind of confused by the different currencies and craft materials, I mean I like getting splinters and hoarding those but I'm not really sure about the rest of the stuff I'm finding.

Can someone give me a quick primer on what my focus should be? What I should be looking for in the terminals, which are good to play, that sort of thing? Whenever I venture off into the terminals I just get kind of overloaded with choice not really getting where I should be going or why.

For general play, crafting elements can be ignored until you know you need them (the green/yellow/red/etc particles). to know if you need them check the crafter and what is needed for each recipe. You can split higher tier elements at a very low price, that is why it is useless to pick them up most of the time.

Relics are just like an extra stackable item. They stack up to 1000, so look for the ones you are going to want to equip and pick/equip those up. Not all of them are useful, so if you have limited inventory space you can ignore most of them. They have diminishing returns, so even a small stack like 50 will give you an OK benefit.

Terminals are daily static missions, and every day the bosses drop Cube Shards. Collect 10 of these and use them to get Fortune Cards MKI. I do these often, but really, it's up to you. They are not good for leveling, and the rewards are not great either but I recommend doing them all, skipping all the enemies and just going straight for the boss to get the shards. Red terminals are not that hard.

Cosmic terminals are level 60 stuff. They have higher chance to drop better loot and give extra rewards for killing certain amounts of enemies.

As for other currencies, Odin Marks you get from completing legendary quests, which you should be absolutely doing after level 20. These quests give out very good exp rewards, and the Odin Marks are used to get a Legendary Item in Asgard.

Runes are used at the enchanter NPC to craft boons into items. Go to the NPC and see what it offers and what runes are worth keeping or which ones you need. Keep an eye out as some are extremely rare.

I think that covers it. Here and there they will have special items (like the birthday cake slices right now) that can be sold for credits, donated for experience or craft a special thingy with. Check the official forums and splash screens for these which usually change week to week.

The rest is just your regular equipment items and artifacts, most of which you should be donating to the crafter to unlock more recipes. Obviously which ones you keep is up to you.

Thanks inky! Couple more questions, if red terminals aren't too challenging, they effectively make green terminals redundant yeah? And what of the challenge missions; Midtown Patrol, Holo-Sim and X-Defense? Lastly, Legendary Missions are pretty much randomized goals for Odin Marks right?

Vecks

Thanks inky! Couple more questions, if red terminals aren't too challenging, they effectively make green terminals redundant yeah? And what of the challenge missions; Midtown Patrol, Holo-Sim and X-Defense? Lastly, Legendary Missions are pretty much randomized goals for Odin Marks right?

To a degree. Red terminals are better in general because certain boss loot won't drop in green and red terminals offer more xp, but both red and green terminals offer their own daily cube shard rewards, so if it's cube shards you're after, there is no redundancy there.

Midtown Patrol is just a large open map where lots of random monsters and different bosses will spawn. It's mostly used for shared quest and legendary quests.

Holo-sim is a 2 player co-op mode, although solo-ing is possible too. Each wave will have different objectives (protect civs, survive against 5 bosses, defeat as many enemies as possible, etc.) and gets harder the higher the wave. If you fail the objective, or if you lose 2 lives, it's game over and you get a treasure chest with loot depending on how far you got. Some legendary quests can be completed here.

X-defense is a 5 player co-op horde mode. No legendary quests can be completed here. It's mostly for loot because you'll get the highest concentration of constant enemies and bosses. the final chest works like holo-sim. the higher the wave, the more/better loot you get.

You can do any of these activities at any level, so just jump in whenever and check it out yourself.

And yes, legendary quests are random missions that you complete for credits, xp, and odin marks, These are pretty much the fastest way to level up.

Indignate

Added. Current steam name is Rosalina for obvious reasons.

Did I really add an extra o in hook and put a space between 'u' and 'p'?

That was a "just woke up post."

I'm happy, just got Black Panther out of a 175 splinter random hero box, one of my most wanted heroes. I've been really lucky on those, got Scarlet Witch, Ms. Marvel, Squirrel Girl and Black Panther so far, all characters I really like and am interested in playing. Makes up for getting Luke Cage a second time on my first random hero box I got from a giveaway code.

spirity

So I pick Colossus, and run the first mission. I had "Join party when entering instance" checked and Green Goblin isn't spawning. Apparently thats a known bug.

Relogging doesn't fix it, and it seems I can't just delete my char and start over. Is there a fix for this or am I stuck?

Indignate

So I pick Colossus, and run the first mission. I had "Join party when entering instance" checked and Green Goblin isn't spawning. Apparently thats a known bug.

Relogging doesn't fix it, and it seems I can't just delete my char and start over. Is there a fix for this or am I stuck?

You have to wait for the instance to be reset. Joining a party and leaving would be the fastest way for you.

Switching characters and difficulties also work, but you can't do either of those yet.

Aside from that, you'll just have to wait 15 or so minutes.

spirity

You have to wait for the instance to be reset. Joining a party and leaving would be the fastest way for you.

Switching characters and difficulties also work, but you can't do either of those yet.

Aside from that, you'll just have to wait 15 or so minutes.

Ok, thanks.

Bought a pack of Fortune Cards today, seeing that they're on special.

Tried my luck with FM5, and ended up with both the Hawkeye Fear Itself and Deadpool Pulp costumes. Heaps pleased!

Also bagged a Starktech thing, which I donated to the Weapon Vendor for 100k XP - full level upgraded.

60'd Human Torch yesterday, dude is such an AoE beast, damn he's a pleasure to watch. So much amazing VFX!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Bought a pack of Fortune Cards today, seeing that they're on special.

Tried my luck with FM5, and ended up with both the Hawkeye Fear Itself and Deadpool Pulp costumes. Heaps pleased!
!

qKYmThf.gif

garath

I'd be much more into costumes in this game but most appear to be essentially just recolors and the ones that aren't are largely enhanced and subsequently 18-25 dollars. That's insane. If gambits fear costume was say 10-12 bucks maybe I'd do it but forget 20+.

Volimar

I have nearly enough splinters for another random hero box (already), but I'm gonna wait and see what they have in store for us this week.

Top Bottom