• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Sblargh

Banned
I think the game has enough to do so you don't have to raid; which is what a lot of MMOs claim, but all fail to deliver and it devolve into dungeon grind.

I think raids are meant for more stablished guilds or group of friends. To just get them loot, doing the cosmic terminals it's fine.

Most of the content of the game can be done in short bursts, like a traditional ARPG. But if someone has 9 friends and 3 hours to spare; I say give them raids. Lack of gear in MMOs usually lock you out of content and prevent you from playing with friends. It doesn't seem to be the case here. I'll worry if it starts to become the case.

Drayco21

I'm cool with raids as long as they're as removed from the story as possible. I'm not at all a fan of the current "finish the story on a cliffhanger, now hope you've got a bunch of level 60 friends with great equips and good builds or you're not going to see how the story continues" way it's being done. I've spent most of my time playing this as a single player game, and really look forward to the new story content every time it gets added.

Hopefully future raids are more like the one-shots in that respect.

Mugaaz

I'm cool with raids as long as they're as removed from the story as possible. I'm not at all a fan of the current "finish the story on a cliffhanger, now hope you've got a bunch of level 60 friends with great equips and good builds or you're not going to see how the story continues" way it's being done. I've spent most of my time playing this as a single player game, and really look forward to the new story content every time it gets added.

Hopefully future raids are more like the one-shots in that respect.

More likely to just be a single person terminal version of raids. Waste of content that could be consumed by all otherwise.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
my problem with raids as much as people will sy they arent, they still boil down to whail on x boss for stupid amount of time of cos he has stupid amount of health until he dies, its boring, yea they might add other shit too the fight but thats just to distract from the main point, this boss has far to much health and it gets boring.

KePoW

Banned
Speaking of raids...

Anyone interested in trying this out? I'm thinking about organizing one if there's enough (any) interest and coming up with a time where we could try. Can probably fill in a few slots with pugs. I'm east coast so I dunno how difficult that'll be, but was thinking some time in the evening. Nothing "hardcore" or anything, like won't need ventrilo/gear checks or anything, just have to be willing to try stuff out/die a lot with little gain :p

ME!

I own a private 10-player Ventrilo server we can use for fun, and just to chat. (I'm not hardcore raider either)

I can play up until 2am Central most days.

btw - I'm sad most GAF'ers in this thread seem to be singleplayer only gamers. Why don't you guys like playing multiplayer in an online-only game???

Xevren

ME!

I own a private 10-player Ventrilo server we can use for fun, and just to chat. (I'm not hardcore raider either)

btw - I'm sad most GAF'ers in this thread seem to be singleplayer only gamers. Why don't you guys like playing multiplayer in an online-only game???

I'd be up for more grouping if the group content was more enjoyable and not tedious. Though in reality I'm kinda bored of MH so probably just gonna go play other stuff for awhile.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'd definitely be down for some gafraidin. I haven't bothered to do any pugs yet, but I'm sure it would be fun to kill bosses. Even if none of those bosses are as cool as my avatar.

Dec

ME!

Just because people don't want to raid doesn't mean they are "singleplayer only gamers". Dota 2 and Runescape are some of my favorite games of all time. I probably play 100 hours of multiplayer games to 1 hour of single player. I just do not want to raid.

KePoW

Banned
Just because people don't want to raid doesn't mean they are "singleplayer only gamers". Dota 2 and Runescape are some of my favorite games of all time. I probably play 100 hours of multiplayer games to 1 hour of single player. I just do not want to raid.

That's true, I didn't mean just raids. I can understand if someone does not want to raid.

But I always asked our SG members to do X-Def and Holo-Sim, but rarely does anyone want to!

Dec

That's true, I didn't mean just raids. I can understand if someone does not want to raid.

But I always asked our SG members to do X-Def and Holo-Sim, but rarely does anyone want to!

Never been around when you ask I guess. I'm down for anything besides raids.

Going to try to get some people for 60 man ape in a few.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Just looted 400th splinter

SURF STATUS: ACTIVATE

GManDH

Man the new Cake drop rate suuuuuuucks. Wish I coulda played more before some idiots ruined it for everyone. :mad:

idiots didnt ruin it, they just made it drop more often with blues and yellows, so people farmed in places where they spawn often. Asgard, dino area, and any other place where blues and yellows span consistently. in my opinion that isnt exploiting, thats finding out how to maximize what the developers didnt.

Volimar

idiots didnt ruin it, they just made it drop more often with blues and yellows, so people farmed in places where they spawn often. Asgard, dino area, and any other place where blues and yellows span consistently. in my opinion that isnt exploiting, thats finding out how to maximize what the developers didnt.

Except there were shitloads of people afk farming them.

The problem was the afk farmers I thought. Wish they woulda just ignored it instead of giving us this shitty drop rate. Especially since it is just a temporary thing I don't understand why they couldn't have just let the farmers keep going. Not like there is an economy that they could flood or something...

I actually saw 2 splinters drop before I saw 2 cake slices when I logged on for a bit earlier.

I doubt I will even be able to get one cake crafted. Bah.
I just don't get why Gazillion goes overboard on these fixes sometimes. It in no way would have affected 99% of the userbase who are playing normally.

Ragnaroz

The problem wasn't people AFK-ing, it was the drop rate. They simply didn't want people with 20+ cakes over the weekend. Now you can maybe get 3-4 but most people will prolly get just one.

The problem wasn't people AFK-ing, it was the drop rate. They simply didn't want people with 20+ cakes over the weekend. Now you can maybe get 3-4 but most people will prolly get just one.

Yeah, I dunno. It is completely borked at this point as far as I am concerned.

Just ran the entire storage yard -> Hood area and got 1 cake, 3 runes, and 2 splinters.
There is absolutely no way I will hit enough to craft a cake at this rate.

If that is as they originally intended then it is just a shitty event that doesn't really give me much incentive to play. Heh. Was planning to play MH most of the weekend but I think I am just gonna jump on PSO2 and wait for a better event next week. (I Hope)

Ragnaroz

Yeah, I dunno. It is completely borked at this point as far as I am concerned.

Just ran the entire storage yard -> Hood area and got 1 cake, 3 runes, and 2 splinters.
There is absolutely no way I will hit enough to craft a cake at this rate.

If that is as they originally intended then it is just a shitty event that doesn't really give me much incentive to play. Heh. Was planning to play MH most of the weekend but I think I am just gonna jump on PSO2 and wait for a better event next week. (I Hope)
I have honestly been getting quite a bit of cake slices while I farm for splinters. I've actively played for about an hour and a half since last night and I got almost 150 slices. Mind you, this is with 200%+ SIF.

I have honestly been getting quite a bit of cake slices while I farm for splinters. I've actively played for about an hour and a half since last night and I got almost 150 slices. Mind you, this is with 200%+ SIF.

That seems off or the drop rate is bugged for certain people. I played for 2 hours last time it was on and got 130.
Have played a total of 2 hours this time and came away with 10 so far.
And I was not using boosts in the last event either.

Oh well. I was gonna jump on PSO2 but they are suffering a DDoS attack and everything is down. Just can't win this weekend.

KePoW

Banned
I have not really had any issues with cake drops. Seems reasonable to me.

Not as fast as before, but that was out of hand.

I think it's fine now.

Yeah it seems to be mostly story mode that sucks. I did about 25 minutes of various story levels and got 1. Did about 25-30 minutes of MM and came out with 5.

Still kinda shitty rate and I doubt I can hit enough to craft a cake but I guess it's possible.

I really wanted to just solo story mode with SS though. That is what I always do so I don't play with 100s of dupe heroes. Oh well....

KePoW

Banned
Yeah it seems to be mostly story mode that sucks. I did about 25 minutes of various story levels and got 1. Did about 25-30 minutes of MM and came out with 5.

Still kinda shitty rate and I doubt I can hit enough to craft a cake but I guess it's possible.

I really wanted to just solo story mode with SS though. That is what I always do so I don't play with 100s of dupe heroes. Oh well....

I get a lot of cakes doing LQs or X-Def, try that. Because bosses drop them a lot more.

J-Tier

just noticed the OT isnt called 2015 :/

Kinda felt we should've started a new OT with updated everything. Might be what Inky is working on, or maybe not lol. All I know is it's probably a lot of work and might not be totally necessary-but I do think that'll attract a few more new players.

shock33

He did a fantastic 2015 thread in Gaming, it might be worth adding 2015 to this one but other than that I think it's fine.

EDIT - Everyone else just been kicked?

inky

Kinda felt we should've started a new OT with updated everything. Might be what Inky is working on, or maybe not lol. All I know is it's probably a lot of work and might not be totally necessary-but I do think that'll attract a few more new players.

Well, I kinda as working on a new updated OP, but I'm lazy ;P
I've had too much work, some World Cup related. Heck I don't even get to play as much anymore
plus I don't know if mods like it when you start a new OT without getting to the required 20k posts first.

If you guys posted more often it'd be an easy solution :p Or just PM a mod to have it changed, but I don't really see the point.

J-Tier

Well, I kinda as working on a new updated OP, but I'm lazy ;P
I've had too much work, some World Cup related. Heck I don't even get to play as much anymore
plus I don't know if mods like it when you start a new OT without getting to the required 20k posts first.

If you guys posted more often it'd be an easy solution :p Or just PM a mod to have it changed, but I don't really see the point.

I consider 2015 to be a new game =D

But really, it isn't necessary.

J-Tier

I don't see it as a big deal. We'll probably reach enough posts eventually.

Yeah it isn't. Was just thinking aloud.

It was partially spurred on by the transition from Super SF4 to Ultra where Ultra immediately got a new thread, and me feeling that 2015 should've gotten more fanfare, not here but by the gaming media in general as no major gaming site bothered to give the game its due re-review--yet (and Rhaknar =D).

Ploid 3.0

Where did the unstable molecules go? I have not been seeing any. Thought about crafting a new costume and I can't, figuring that since I'm getting dupe characters maybe costumes will be for someone that I already have.

J-Tier

Where did the unstable molecules go? I have not been seeing any. Thought about crafting a new costume and I can't, figuring that since I'm getting dupe characters maybe costumes will be for someone that I already have.

Their drops are a lot rarer now, from what I've noticed.

Vecks

They don't drop as often as they used to. I think I found one last week in midtown. People on the forums have been saying that all these event drops have being messing with the SIF drops (haven't really seen much retcons lately either). But there hasn't been any word on the matter yet.

Top Bottom