• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

dangit doesn't work lol

For example I googled hulk horseman of apocalypse costume marvel heroes, and I still can't find the image that shows the background story info
costume_hulk_horseman.jpg

KePoW

Banned
Just google

marvel heroes hulk horsemen costume

It should be the second image, unless your country or safe search affects it.

Got it, that term worked thanks.

It's weird cause if you google:

"marvel heroes hulk horseman of apocalypse"

Then you don't find it. Even though that's the actual name of the costume lol

Toppot

Got it, that term worked thanks.

It's weird cause if you google:

"marvel heroes hulk horseman of apocalypse"

Then you don't find it. Even though that's the actual name of the costume lol

The reason for that is the wiki page with the image doesn't mention apocalypse anywhere.

http://marvelheroes.wikia.com/wiki/File:Costume_hulk_horseman.jpg

One of the kind of 'lost arts' of internet searching is 'keywords', keeping a search term simple and small can help a lot. Even my search term can be shortened and still find the image.

marvel horsemen costume

All comes down to experience, figuring out what you can get away with. To be fair I would have thought your search would've worked normally.

Dec

Hey kepow, add this to the end of your searches and you'll probably find them a bit easier.

site:marvelheroes.wikia.com

For example:

hulk horseman site:marvelheroes.wikia.com

Neat. You got a good melee character to give em to?

I didn't get them, just found pics. I would put those on Wolverine, they are great for him.

Probably shouldn't tell you I got another Hawkeye Fear Itself costume last night from a pair of FM5 cards haha..

Ended up running that one through the blender though (and got Panther's Tribal outfit.. blergh).

Hawkeye Fear Itself is awesome though. Wish I liked the character a bit more as the costume is amazing.

KePoW

Banned
Hey kepow, add this to the end of your searches and you'll probably find them a bit easier.

site:marvelheroes.wikia.com

For example:

hulk horseman site:marvelheroes.wikia.com

One of the kind of 'lost arts' of internet searching is 'keywords', keeping a search term simple and small can help a lot. Even my search term can be shortened and still find the image.

marvel horsemen costume

All comes down to experience, figuring out what you can get away with. To be fair I would have thought your search would've worked normally.

Got it, thx for the tips friends!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so with this latest comment on rogue being shortly after starlord, where the fuck does Nova fit in? Gaz doesnt have a big team and it seems they struggle to get 1 hero out a month, and now all of a sudden theres like 2 or 3 for the same timeframe?

Assuming Mr.Fantastic is still after Surfer, so for July, you have Starlord after in august to go with the GotG movie (and aparently 2 new team ups, which stretches the team even thinner), Nova was supposed to be near that, end of summer to go with some event (either GotG movie or the comic return, which are both in august), Magneto was supposed to be in september and now we have Rogue "shortly after Starlord" all of a sudden... seems to be they are slightly losing their focus.

doesnt help the fact that it seems pretty much every new hero comes out busted

Volimar

so with this latest comment on rogue being shortly after starlord, where the fuck does Nova fit in? Gaz doesnt have a big team and it seems they struggle to get 1 hero out a month, and now all of a sudden theres like 2 or 3 for the same timeframe?

Assuming Mr.Fantastic is still after Surfer, so for July, you have Starlord after in august to go with the GotG movie (and aparently 2 new team ups, which stretches the team even thinner), Nova was supposed to be near that, end of summer to go with some event (either GotG movie or the comic return, which are both in august), Magneto was supposed to be in september and now we have Rogue "shortly after Starlord" all of a sudden... seems to be they are slightly losing their focus.

doesnt help the fact that it seems pretty much every new hero comes out busted

In social chat someone said they were pushing Nova back. No idea where they got it from, or if they were full of shit.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man if i had the founders pack, I would be pissed about Nova

Hell, I am still kinda salty we got a FC exclusive TU before any of the Advance Pack TUs were delivered and we are a good month after that with nothing...

I know BRB is coming soon, but this was the only time I ever bought an Advance Pack. I know they were smart enough to not promise any dates, but still.....
Needless to say, I probably won't be buying anymore.

Who am I kidding I will cave for someone random like Darkhawk eventually lol

Rhaknar

Hell, I am still kinda salty we got a FC exclusive TU before any of the Advance Pack TUs were delivered and we are a good month after that with nothing...

I know BRB is coming soon, but this was the only time I ever bought an Advance Pack. I know they were smart enough to not promise any dates, but still.....
Needless to say, I probably won't be buying anymore.

Who am I kidding I will cave for someone eventually lol

well aparently theres going to be 2 GotG team ups with the movie before the advance pack ones also lol

well aparently theres going to be 2 GotG team ups with the movie before the advance pack ones also lol

Yeah, I know. Just adding fuel to the fire honestly.

I always thought the point of the Advance Packs was to get all of the new upcoming releases outside of surprises like Tasky.

Seems like the surprises are outnumbering the official releases when it comes to TUs. We even have a Doom TU confirmed right?

Nova is basically done, they just can't release him yet. Him being randomly squeezed in somewhere isn't going to mess with any of the heroes being worked on currently.

Rhaknar

Nova is basically done, they just can't release him yet. Him being randomly squeezed in somewhere isn't going to mess with any of the heroes being worked on currently.

I'll believe it when I see it :p

Teggy

Yeah, they keep saying they are waiting on some sort of event. I am far from being caught up with Nova comics, so I don't know what they might be talking about. Maybe Richard Rider is going to return?

KePoW

Banned
Yay! Dick Rider is back! I love me some Dick Rider!

...wait.

UGHH, it sucks that they are actually bringing him back. I've heard all the rumors the past few months, but wished it wasn't true because KID NOVA is coming along great and a better character.

I wish they just left DICK RIDER gone. I mean they've never even brought back JEAN GREY for real and she's much more popular.

Rhaknar

UGHH, it sucks that they are actually bringing him back. I've heard all the rumors the past few months, but wished it wasn't true because KID NOVA is coming along great and a better character.

you really are the worst

Sblargh

Banned

I wish they just left DICK RIDER gone. I mean they've never even brought back JEAN GREY for real and she's much more popular.

You can have both, tho. "Marvel's Green Lantern Nova" is a different character than "Space Spiderman Nova"

v1lla21

Hey guys, I like playing the game a lot and just upgrade everything I can, but I was wondering what would be the powers to upgrade so I could make the best Taskmaster? Should I reset so I can get my points back, or should I just work from where I'm currently at?

garath

Apparently there is an event in Midtown today. If I had to guess they are testing server load for an impending end of month event.

Log in from 1-4PM PDT for a short Midtown Madness event to help us test some server optimizations!

KePoW

Banned
I'll probably do what he said but put points to the better things. It's just that I don't want to put points towards powers that are a waste.

Understand, but part of the fun is trying every power yourself at least once.

It's super easy to get re-spec potions so you can do that anytime.

True.

I just don't see why they would bring a more obscure character like him back, as opposed to Jean Grey.

Except he's not obscure.

He's really popular! And really, really important because he's Nova prime!

And they did bring Jean Grey back! in All New X-Men. Bringing her back would be like spitting in my face because the Dark Phoenix shit in the 90's was so bad.

KePoW

Banned
Except he's not obscure.

He's really popular! And really, really important because he's Nova prime!

And they did bring Jean Grey back! in All New X-Men. Bringing her back would be like spitting in my face because the Dark Phoenix shit in the 90's was so bad.

Haha that's not the real timeline Jean Grey though

Uthred

I'm glad Richard Rider is back AND I want the regular Jean back!

Come at me bros.

If theyve brought back some alt reality Jean they might as well bring back the old one because thats the "But I didnt inhale!" of character resurrections. Unfairly perhaps, I consider Jean to be emblematic of everthing wrong with american comics published by the big two and how they handle their universes.

Dec

Hey guys, I like playing the game a lot and just upgrade everything I can, but I was wondering what would be the powers to upgrade so I could make the best Taskmaster? Should I reset so I can get my points back, or should I just work from where I'm currently at?

The first melee basic (reaping strike or something), rebounding shield for aoe (and the dot) and triple strike for single target, plus his passives excluding the Hawkeye one. Nerve gas is good even on melee Taskmaster.

Throw your shield, put down nerve gas, and spend all your spirit triple striking things, keeping the nerve gas and rebounding shield going as needed. Once out of spirit, use your reaping basic as it does more damage the more spirit you're missing.

For range, I'm not too sure, never played him like that.

Damn, Loki is fun! Frost powers are awesome, and that signature! Activate, walk in to the middle of a mob, spray Winter's Breath/drop a Permafrost Spike - all dead.

Took me a while to get a feel for what powers were doing what and how to lay everything out on my bar, but he's amazing fun at this point. Level 51 now and will probably run a bit of level 60 stuff to get his uniques and beast him up a bit more (only seen one unique so far).

Drayco21

Rich coming back is great! Rich coming back in a book written by Bendis is horribly depressing. Sam is going to keep his own ongoing, I doubt Duggan is going to drop his plot threads to replace the main character, and even then, Sam's still on the New Warriors.

Now all we can do is hope Rich isn't just a costume for Sam.

Sblargh

Banned
This will probably bite me in the ass someday, but every build I think of usually goes: "What is the best area damage for trash mobs?" "what is the best single target spirit dump for bosses?" "Do I have a self heal?" "Passives! All them passives!"

GManDH

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/106851/raid-loot-quick-note

Something for just about everyone - making different modes of raids that are accessible to a large percentage of the population Alternate loot acquisition - we are currently finalizing the numbers on this as I said, but it will allow players who have no desire to raid, or don't have time to raid, to acquire loot without actually entering into the raid zone itself

AWESOME!!!!

Dec

This will probably bite me in the ass someday, but every build I think of usually goes: "What is the best area damage for trash mobs?" "what is the best single target spirit dump for bosses?" "Do I have a self heal?" "Passives! All them passives!"

Absolutely true for a lot of heroes, but not all.

AWESOME!!!!

Fantastic to see it stated clearly. The right way to go.

Edit: Though I don't think they specified that the gear got through alternate methods would be exactly the same, otherwise it's still a bit disappointing. They say "raid grade". It does say alternate acquisition method, so I hope that means it's the same gear.

Top Bottom