• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Uthred

Wish the enhanced costumes werent quite as expensive, finding it hard to pull the trigger on female Loki as its "1.5 normal heroes"

KePoW

Banned
Wish the enhanced costumes werent quite as expensive, finding it hard to pull the trigger on female Loki as its "1.5 normal heroes"

Sif Loki is awesome. Plus you get a free costume right now

(also Enchanced costumes are on temporary sale, and go back up to 1950 soon I think)

Uthred

Sif Loki is awesome. Plus you get a free costume right now

(also Enchanced costumes are on temporary sale, and go back up to 1950 soon I think)

Oh didnt realise they were normally1950, that seems crazy expensive, gonna go ahead with it then as you say the BOGO makes it appealing enough but knowing its also discounted seals the deal

KePoW

Banned
I'll put in another plug for All-New Ghost Rider. An old high school buddy, Felipe Smith, is the writer on this and has done some decent alternate covers for it. I'm not a big GR fan, but this run feels fresh and fun.

Anyone know if All-New Doop is any good?

Dumb, irritating question that you guys probably get all the fucking time, but I'll ask it anyways: is the game still worth getting into? Are there new players joining all the time or is it mostly hardcore dudes left?

Volimar

Dumb, irritating question that you guys probably get all the fucking time, but I'll ask it anyways: is the game still worth getting into? Are there new players joining all the time or is it mostly hardcore dudes left?

There are new people all the time. The game just rebranded itself as Marvel Heroes 2015, and there's a lot going on. This is really a great time to get into it.

The game is literally the best it has ever been in terms of content, accessibility, characters, etc. It is so much better than it was a year ago it's hard to even consider it the same exact game.

Having said that, I couldn't tell you how many people play it compared to a game like Diablo 3, but I imagine it's a much smaller population. I still see tons of people running around at level 60, so you shouldn't struggle to find a group.

This is one of those games were you can always perfectly enjoy it playing solo, if that interests you.

There are new people all the time. The game just rebranded itself as Marvel Heroes 2015, and there's a lot going on. This is really a great time to get into it.

The game is literally the best it has ever been in terms of content, accessibility, characters, etc. It is so much better than it was a year ago it's hard to even consider it the same exact game.

Having said that, I couldn't tell you how many people play it compared to a game like Diablo 3, but I imagine it's a much smaller population. I still see tons of people running around at level 60, so you shouldn't struggle to find a group.

This is one of those games were you can always perfectly enjoy it playing solo, if that interests you.

Thanks for the info, guys! I'll give it a shot!

This was added to the patch notes:

Prestiging a hero to the first prestige (green) and Cosmic prestige (yellow) will officially award an extra default costume.

(Extra costumes were an unofficial bonus before to deal with minimum level requirements, but now you can get two per hero if you fully prestige them instead of six).

Disgusting change, and out of nowhere. Kills the majority of my interest in prestiging.

garath

I just started playing a few weeks ago. I've already put 50 hours into it, which is saying a lot for me.

Pretty easy to get into and given the nature of the game (it really encourages you to start new heroes all the time) there's always people around your level for missions and open world zones.

Sblargh

Banned

It's a lot more noob friendly than hardcore friendly; which is one of the reasons it stands out, imo.

There are still moments that there are challeging, it still demands lots of time to proper build a character; but it is so unpunishing, it never feels like the game is rushing you to get anywhere.

inky

This was added to the patch notes:

Disgusting change, and out of nowhere. Kills the majority of my interest in prestiging.

Welp, and I was saving my 60s to prestige later on. Not anymore. Fucking sucks.

I hate they run their mouths about everything that's coming in 2 years time and changes like these are claimed to be bugs, and silently swept under the rug with no warning or anything.

The thread complaining about this just got deleted from the forums and Doomsaws patch note post about it has 191 disagrees... compared to 3 agrees. lol.
At least Gaz will know people arent happy about it.

Uthred

Was an extra costume and a different coloured title the only benefit to prestiging?

My BOGO luck has been mixed so far, picked up Cyclops and got Rocket Racoon, picked up Female Loki costume and got Armored Daredevil, not a fan of Daredevil and dont own him, but such is the agony and ecstasy of RNG.

Considering grabbing a sidekick are they any actual use or are they basically a cosmetic "pet"?

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Well there's no reason for me to prestige after the first one now. But at least we still get a costume for the first time.. if they take that away then I'm going to be pretty damn upset.

You could use them for different builds and affixes, or you could use those extra default costumes in a level 20 Crafter recipe for a random costume, which costs three costumes and two unstable molecules. It was basically the easiest way to stay F2P and still get possibly awesome costumes. Now you can still do it, but the hard limit will come a lot sooner.

Vecks

I think Gaz will probably change it back after the outcry, or at least change it back for a month before implementing it again.

Ploid 3.0

Look like my characters will never prestige out of green. My Roket is so screwed now unless I buy him a costume. I got his starter and green costume crafted into something else. He is the only character stash I have, I had big plans for him and without a costume I cant really get serious about him.

Crap! Should have gave us a warning.

Carm

So, bought some G's after getting some Bday cash, ended up buying 3 costumes 1 general and 2 crafting stashes.

Bought

Enhanced Black Panther Shuri > Free Wolverine X-Force
Enhanced Lady Loki > Free Jean Grey Black Queen
Colossus Classic > Free Colossus Phoenix Force

No dupes there.

Then I decided to pull the trigger on the Mega pack, had a gift card waiting around hoping the pack would go on sale. Figured I'm at the 7 day mark for the 4th if by some small chance they discount it then.

After buying that I had 18 total Dupe costumes from that purchase, so I got to blending.

Dupes

Silver Surfer Silver Savage
Captain America Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.

New

Human Torch Original
Iron Man Mark III
Black Panther Wakandan Tech
Thor Classic

Only one of those new ones was on my list, Wakandan Tech, others are eh.

After that I remembered I had a extra Taskmaster Classic so blended the last 3 dupes I had and got:

Enhanced Kate Bishop Costume

That shit is karma, after complaining about hearing "I'll taze ya bro" all the damn time. Could have been worse, could have been another dupe.

Sadly struck out on costumes from the 40 fortune cards in the pack, though I did get a Vision pet.

Just missing Psylocke now, I'll grab her with splinters once the weekend events are over, on the extremely small chance her token drops over the weekend.

Sucked about the only 2 costumes for Prestige now, but I didn't have much interest in that atm anyhoo. To many characters to level the first time now to worry about it.

Ragnaroz

Really dicky move by Gaz. I have green Daredevil and Deadpool without costumes(was playing around with the random recipe) and now I have to either prestige them to cosmic or shell out money to get new costumes. Now way am I doing either and Gaz isn't getting a penny from me ever again. If I hadn't already spent money on the game, I'd be gone this instant.

KePoW

Banned
They really need to re-think the prestige change, for all the people who don't even have costumes for that character anymore.

Luckily that doesn't affect me because I always save one default costume for everyone, but I know others blended them away because they could always get one from prestiging again.

LuuKyK

How do I know whats the current boosted event? That schedule thing doesnt help me because I am not in the same timezone. That site that had a adaptive timeline was so useful, but it seems to be down for some reason. They should have an in-game way to know that, like a warning or something...

I got Jean Grey. O:

I wanted her so much. ;-; Got Colossus instead. -_-

SirKhalid

How do I know whats the current boosted event? That schedule thing doesnt help me because I am not in the same timezone. That site that had a adaptive timeline was so useful, but it seems to be down for some reason. They should have an in-game way to know that, like a warning or something...

I wanted her so much. ;-; Got Colossus instead. -_-

There is a way in-game, when you log in it will tell you what current event it is.

Top Bottom