• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Indignate

PsiLockeHeartsBetsy

I'm just not into the events right now. Maybe it's cuz there's so many of them going on (feels overwhelming) mixed with all the other things going on outside of that game this weekend.

I'll probably get back into it when I buy these new characters.

Xenocthul

Freakout got some information Ryolnir during the Play With The Devs event. Here's the information if you don't want to follow the link.
"Identity Crisis costumes may be coming for Spider Man.

Thorbuster is definitely going to be a costume for Iron man

They may do Young Avengers costumes for Captain America and Iron Man

Ryolnir would like to do a costume for Star Lord that makes him match with Rocket Raccoon

The Guardians of the Galaxy Team Ups will be comic book based.

Maybe a team-up version of A-Bomb.

Ryolnir wants to do Black Knight as a playable hero.

The gifts in the veteran system will be pre-determined.

Magneto's alternate costume will be his Marvel Now! costume.

The alt costume for Juggernaut costume will be decided this week.

Power Trees for Star Lord will be Cosmic Outlaw, Ship Commander, and Element Gun.

Ryolnir has a Mysterio One-Shot planned that may never see the light of day.

Doomsaw wants to do Cloak and Dagger playable.

Hulkpool enhanced costume...

They will eventually do Nul.

Domino will eventually be playable.

Movie Rocket it voiced by a person who did another person's voice and is very popular."

ev0

Is that the grey one?

Yup,
Max_Eisenhardt_%28Earth-616%29_from_Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_3_3_002.jpg

I'd like to see that version sans hemlet with his new shiny bald head

Decided to take the plunge and bought Deadpools Battle of the Atom costume (to celebrate his new running animation) and ended up getting Original Human Torch costume which I didnt have. Not bad considering I have probably 90% of the costumes in the game.

Uthred

Hit 30 with Cyke, all of the builds Ive seen seem to max out Optic Devastation, but Im not exactly sure why, does it replace Ricochet as your aoe?

KePoW

Banned
Hit 30 with Cyke, all of the builds Ive seen seem to max out Optic Devastation, but Im not exactly sure why, does it replace Ricochet as your aoe?

I haven't played Cyclops in a long time, but Optic Devastation looks a lot cooler so I used it a lot.

Blank!

Depends. Ricochet isn't all that great when mob density is super-thick. At that point OD or Channeled Blast become the AoE of choice.

But the main reason why people grab it is because... what the hell else are you going to buy? You have more than enough points to max his (useful) passives, ricochet, and barrage. Hell, I've still got the +XP one maxed just for holo-sim/omega farming.

Another advantage of Channeled Blast/Optic Devastation is that they both ignore missile reflect shields. Handy for when you do run up against them and can't stay under the dome. I personally prefer channeled to optic devastation but YMMV.

Indignate

Silver Surfer - Emma Frost
Squirrel Girl - Daredevil
Scarlet Witch - Spider Man
Taskmaster - Ghost Rider Dupe

So one dupe.

This brings me to 17 heroes. Gonna buy the AA pack (no dupes here) and Gambit pack off of Steam.

22 heroes that I won't know what to do with.

Put $15 into the game and bought a crafting stash. I'm at 1450g right now, debating if I need another general tab or not (which I can just always get when I do need it) and saving 900g for whenever X-23 is released.

I bought Storm and got Iron Man. So far I've been super lucky with random hero boxes which makes me scared it'll eventually turn the other way. My very first random hero box was a dupe of my starting hero, but so far that's been the only one. I've gotten Squirrel Girl, Ms. Marvel, Scarlet Witch, Black Panther, Daredevil, Wolverine, Taskmaster, and now Iron Man.

Indignate

I bought Storm and got Iron Man. So far I've been super lucky with random hero boxes which makes me scared it'll eventually turn the other way. My very first random hero box was a dupe of my starting hero, but so far that's been the only one. I've gotten Squirrel Girl, Ms. Marvel, Scarlet Witch, Black Panther, Daredevil, Wolverine, Taskmaster, and now Iron Man.

The more good boxes you get, the better chance that you'll get bad boxes :p

Blank!

Best thing to do with 5 uniques? All vendors maxed. 50 relics, any hero unique or box of runes?

Any hero unique option blows. At this point, if you turn in 3 uniques it feels like a 50% chance at an any hero unique anyway.

Box of runes have almost never got me anything good. The rarest thing I've gotten has been a Fire rune which is sad.

Relics you might get lucky and get something useful or... skrullos so :(

I'd say most of the time I use the 3 for 1 unique and just store the dupes. Waiting for Startech is an option too I guess, but it can be a LONG wait.

Drayco21

No, it's the white one, that's clarified later in the thread the info is from.

Awesome, the white one is way cooler anyway.

As tempting as this sale is, I think I'm just going to save my Gs for Star-Lord and Rich, since they and X-23 are the only characters I care about coming out this year.

KePoW

Banned
Any hero unique option blows. At this point, if you turn in 3 uniques it feels like a 50% chance at an any hero unique anyway.

Box of runes have almost never got me anything good. The rarest thing I've gotten has been a Fire rune which is sad.

Relics you might get lucky and get something useful or... skrullos so :(

I tried the relic trade for the first time last night, and got the fucking Tenacity one.

Not sure if that's skrullos, but I was pissed.

Lord Phol

I always go with 5 uniques for 1 any unique since there still are alot of those I dont have and it's the most exciting one. Runes are definetly not worth it unless you wanna stack up on low quality ones. Relics isn't a bad option, but it's just not very exciting to me.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Not sure exactly what you're asking. You can unlock any hero for free using splinters.

Okay thats cool, how long would it take to collect the required splinters for say, Spider-Man or Wolverine?

Also, you get two guys free don't you, via questing? Is that just the guys from the starting choice that I didn't pick?

Drayco21

Okay thats cool, how long would it take to collect the required splinters for say, Spider-Man or Wolverine?

Also, you get two guys free don't you, via questing? Is that just the guys from the starting choice that I didn't pick?

You get one character for free when you start the game. When you finish the prologue stuff, you get 100 splinters, and when you beat Doom at the end of the story, you get another 100 splinters. There are three tiers of hero prices at 200, 400 and 600 splinters, so beating the story would be enough to give you a second free character. Splinters also drop every few minutes, so if you play enough, you can rack them up without too much problem.

Wolverine is a 400 splinter hero, Spidey is 600. When in doubt, trust in the wheel for a random hero at 175 splinters.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
You get one character for free when you start the game. When you finish the prologue stuff, you get 100 splinters, and when you beat Doom at the end of the story, you get another 100 splinters. There are three tiers of hero prices at 200, 400 and 600 splinters, so beating the story would be enough to give you a second free character. Splinters also drop every few minutes, so if you play enough, you can rack them up without too much problem.

Wolverine is a 400 splinter hero, Spidey is 600. When in doubt, trust in the wheel for a random hero at 175 splinters.

Doesn't sound too bad then. Is there a GAF group?

Top Bottom