• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Volimar

Hey guys just a heads up. Those of you who missed out on the gameogre giveaway, they are still giving away keys. BUT you have to write a review on their forums of the game: http://www.gameogre.com/forums/cont...l-heroes-random-hero-box-key-giveaway-79.html . I wrote a review last night, just got my key.

Aaaaaand got captain america. Not a dupe but i made a new account cause i didn't like him, too boring :(.

Thanks for the heads up.

I like Cap, but he's less fun the higher level he gets...

In my opinion.

inky

I'm too freaked to ever put anything on my SSD that isn't the OS.

I don't know why.

I should get over that.

You should. It's great.

Marvel Heroes, Diablo, Path of Exile, Guild Wars, and some others are all on my SSD and play great & load fast. Just be sure to leave good chunk of room open. Sometimes for updates need you to have twice as many GBs as the game is for it to update which can be a hassle.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Oh bot, dat BIG 12

All Team-Up Heroes in the G Shope have their price reduced 20% during the Epic Twelve event.

Bill is gonna be cheaper for me tomorrow, weeee

edit: O SHIT
And for the 12th event, a taste of old school Marvel Heroes!

For the length of the Epic Twelve event Hero Tokens are back.

Hero tokens for ANY hero have a small chance to drop from any enemy in any zone.

Will you be one of the lucky ones?

LINK

I'm excited for guaranteed cosmic rings off of Cosmic Doop. Great time to stock up.

Looks like it's going to be an awesome event. Definitely going to cut into my "new games from the Steam Sale" time.

Ploid 3.0

So what's a good place to farm before it's nerfed? What has the most enemies? Maybe spam a particular terminal? I'd think Midtown but performance there would probably slow me down, it's hit or miss there for me. Sometimes it's ok and other times it's slide show at TGI Fridays.

Vecks

This event is certainly looking better than the big 10.
Personal highlights:
-Rune drop rate increased.
-Guaranteed Cosmic medallion and ring from cosmic doops.
-Random 10-30 minute significant RIF boosts
-Chance for hero tokens (although will probably be as insanely rare as costumes... aka. I won't find one)

So what's a good place to farm before it's nerfed? What has the most enemies? Maybe spam a particular terminal? I'd think Midtown but performance there would probably slow me down, it's hit or miss there for me. Sometimes it's ok and other times it's slide show at TGI Fridays.

Midtown has a good amount of enemies, but requires fast/constant moving to make the most of it since groups of enemies can take a while to respawn. I don't know how it is now, but lower asgard fountain had crazy good spawn rate without needing to move, which is why people were farming cakes there before the nerf. As for terminals, I don't know if there is any in particular that is better for farming. Kingpin's has a clear, simple layout that is great for ranged heroes. Other than that, Juggernaut, MODOK and Doctor Doom have the highest enemy counts. Juggernaut would be good if you don't have the Unstoppable Force recipe yet.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm really glad I decided to hold off on buying a Teamup until the end of the anniversary, 440G instead of 550 is bueno.

Vecks

No one has opinions of a legendary for Jean Grey?

I mean, she's energy of course, but I use some of her mental too.

She's also aoe...

Just not sure.

I use the bow on mine since she's mostly ranged and I'm not sure how the rework is gonna turn out.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Sweet baby Jesus that event... Why do I have to have my last exam (resit, HAVE to pass it!) of the semester this Monday D:

ev0

That ebay seller only has 5 2600G codes left for $12 in case anyone is still holding out.

I broke my not spending any money on this game cherry.

Uthred

Damn dont have time this weekend, pity, looks awesome, might jump on for the BOGO. Just wondering is the BOGO only for in game G purchases?

Anoregon

I can't even remember if I got a gameogre key, it might have been one the ones I missed. I guess I might as well make a review post and try

Vecks

Damn dont have time this weekend, pity, looks awesome, might jump on for the BOGO. Just wondering is the BOGO only for in game G purchases?

Yeah, IIRC it has always been for in game purchases, so I don't think it'll be any different here, especially since they are also doing a 15% bonus G sale.

So I've been keeping all my runes since I've started.

Which ones should I be keeping and which ones aren't worth holding on to?

This site has some of the rarities listed. i have a ton of the common ones, i just keep a full crafting stash tab for runes, so i don't even get rid of them. With the prices increased this weekend, I might look into getting rid of my extras as well.

Blank!

You remember where you got'em?
I heard that the drop rate is better in cosmic terminals but I don't run cosmic terminals much.

This site has some of the rarities listed. i have a ton of the common ones, i just keep a full crafting stash tab for runes, so i don't even get rid of them. With the prices increased this weekend, I might look into getting rid of my extras as well.

It's really not worth getting rid of them. Unless you're completely against spending money and refuse to even buy a crafter stash tab, I would hold onto them (hell, you could put them in the teamup inventory if you really wanted too).

The sell price, unless it's dramatically increased, isn't anything special either certainly not what I'd consider vendor fodder (unless they're Day runes, because fuck those guys).

Volimar

Q. I started playing when hero tokens stopped dropping and eternity splinters were in place. How rare are hero tokens?

Doomsaw: Quite rare. Slightly better than costumes, but worse than everything else.

:'(

Anoregon

omg i want a free costume, work you dumb site!

inky

I haven't had a single costume drop in over 200 hours.

LOLOLOLOL Get in line, bro:

UOCQVV2.png

=/

Anoregon

I'm intentionally not playing at all tonight, so I can reduce a bit of burnout and be ready to wyle out this weekend.

Have you guys been finding a lot of empty Midtowns lately?

Last night, for the second night in a row, I ended up in a MM with almost NO spawns. Like a single Maggia Capo now and again just randomly - in between regular boss waves.

Relogging and changing around characters didn't fix the problem I had (it was Punisher 55-59 MM) and even jumping into MM with Ms. Marvel at a different wave worked fine, but as soon as I switched back to Punisher, I was in the same bugged MM every time.

Pretty frustrating.

Anoregon

It's not a bad strategy. I am 49 on Emma Frost, tho, gonna try to push her to 60 before the insanity begins.

I had just started leveling her before Surfer came out and was starting to dig it. Will go back to her eventually.

Last night, for the second night in a row, I ended up in a MM with almost NO spawns. Like a single Maggia Capo now and again just randomly - in between regular boss waves.

Relogging and changing around characters didn't fix the problem I had (it was Punisher 55-59 MM) and even jumping into MM with Ms. Marvel at a different wave worked fine, but as soon as I switched back to Punisher, I was in the same bugged MM every time.

Pretty frustrating.

I've seen a few posts about this on the official forum, it's something they are aware of/working on.

Sblargh

Banned

Pretty frustrating.

There was a thread about it on the forums. They know the issue, but still haven't figured out what causes it. One theory is that it had something to do with Emma Frost pets; like, the pet gets the last kill of a group of mobs and, for some reason, it doesn't register, so the game thinks there is a group there even when there is no mob assigned to it.

I've seen a few posts about this on the official forum, it's something they are aware of/working on.

Will check it out, thanks.

There was a thread about it on the forums. They know the issue, but still haven't figured out what causes it. One theory is that it had something to do with Emma Frost pets; like, the pet gets the last kill of a group of mobs and, for some reason, it doesn't register, so the game thinks there is a group there even when there is no mob assigned to it.

I'm not sure if it's related, but there was a mob of Hydra standing IN the Stark spawn area last night.

All were just walking around like they were NPCs; couldn't attack them and couldn't interact with them. Wonder if that's related?

Should have taken a screenshot.

Top Bottom