• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

I really hope its TylerNotDurden or the new guy (who made that Wasp render) making Gamora. I want her to look curvy and sexy, not flat with weird proportions - ala Psylocke.
I really want Gamora as a playable character though. Sidekicks are a bit underwhelming for me.

Wasp and Gamora don't have pre-existing NPC models whose height has to be kept. Psylocke did. If an NPC already exists, they have to keep the height of the model exactly the same while making the proportions so that it looks closer to the character - with NPCs it's not that important to Marvel apparently.

Is there anyone who can help me buy the Marvel Heroes 2015 Steam DLC packs? I believe they are cheaper from I think the Russian store.

Steam has actually made it impossible for people using the Russian Steam store to gift to other regions exactly for that reason.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
You got 3 incredibly rare boss drops, a "tier 1" rune (albeit, the shitty one), and the lowest drop rate location artifact (Nimrod)... I'd say you did pretty damn well for yourself.

I guess you're not wrong, it's just that all of those except Shocker's gloves were on Friday, so the rest of the time it felt pretty unrewarding, for the most part.

Bought some Gs and spent them on the Mohawk Storm costume and Taskmaster. Opened the random hero box I got along with Taskmaster and got... Taskmaster. @_@

Mupod

I still had some G left from my Rocket Raccoon founder package, and the discount on teamups put the Beta Ray Bill team-up right in my price range. Couldn't pass up on that. The teamup makes sense canonically too!

I keep missing the free random hero boxes, I got one the other day with Nightcrawler though. He's pretty fun to play but I like the relaxing RR playstyle of 'drop pets and hold right click'

But yeah I could see this game as something I'll keep playing off and on once in a while. My friends who played back at launch came back too.

Wasp and Gamora don't have pre-existing NPC models whose height has to be kept. Psylocke did. If an NPC already exists, they have to keep the height of the model exactly the same while making the proportions so that it looks closer to the character - with NPCs it's not that important to Marvel apparently.

I think the original Psylocke model looked pretty shonky. Its too bad Marvel seemingly had a problem with her being re-created from scratch. Fingers crossed Gamora turns out well.

Also, tonight a guy gave/traded me a Ymir, Loki and Saturn rune for just one Tyr rune. I think I got an awesome deal. What do you guys think?

Indignate

I don't think you can do this through legitimate means for a while now.

I wouldn't categorize typing in the email of an American inside the gift info as impossible or illegitimate.

As far as I know, the only games you can't get are those that are region lock, which there are few of.

Drayco21

Caved and picked up a 2100G card. Bought Silver Surfer, got Hulk (new), bought Rightclops and got a Loki dupe, then decided to buy Scarlet Witch instead of a team-up and got Doctor Strange (new). Pretty good haul- but this is definitely the last time I let a BOGO sale get me to buy a card now that I have most of the roster. Next time I pick up G's it'll be for Star-Lord and Rich.

KePoW

Banned
Caved and picked up a 2100G card. Bought Silver Surfer, got Hulk (new), bought Rightclops and got a Loki dupe, then decided to buy Scarlet Witch instead of a team-up and got Doctor Strange (new). Pretty good haul- but this is definitely the last time I let a BOGO sale get me to buy a card now that I have most of the roster. Next time I pick up G's it'll be for Star-Lord and Rich.

Aww man that's some serious good luck.

Hey btw, what is the best Hulk comix series you would recommend? I have not read much of his individual series.

I went on a mini-purchasing spree as well, picking up a couple of characters. All of my BOGOs were duplicates except Luke Cage, which is actually pretty decent considering I have the entire roster now except for Moon Knight.

I'll slowly but steadily make my way through leveling up all the alts, prioritizing the characters who have had their level 52 reviews already. Daredevil (level 50) followed by Black Panther (level 42), then I'll have to figure out a game plan.

Drayco21

Hey btw, what is the best Hulk comix series you would recommend? I have not read much of his individual series.

I think it's generally agreed that Peter David's run on The Incredible Hulk is the closest thing the character has to an iconic series, and I really enjoyed Waid's (I double checked google to make sure it was actually him this time :lol) most recent The Indestructible Hulk. His followup in All New Marvel Now, Hulk, is okayish, but I'm not sure I'd recommend it, maybe Duggan will do something with it when he takes over.

I'm not the biggest Hulk myself either- I did ironically enjoy Loeb's Red Hulk series because it was mad stupid and had Red Hulk punching the Watcher in the face through space and time, and beating up Thor with his own hammer and other assorted nonsense.

KePoW

Banned
I think it's generally agreed that Peter David's run on The Incredible Hulk is the closest thing the character has to an iconic series, and I really enjoyed Waid's (I double checked google to make sure it was actually him this time :lol) most recent The Indestructible Hulk. His followup in All New Marvel Now, Hulk, is okayish, but I'm not sure I'd recommend it, maybe Duggan will do something with it when he takes over.

I'm not the biggest Hulk myself either- I did ironically enjoy Loeb's Red Hulk series because it was mad stupid and had Red Hulk punching the Watcher in the face through space and time, and beating up Thor with his own hammer and other assorted nonsense.

ok thx pal

Mugaaz

I made out like a bandit.

New player who hated game when it came out. Came back with Scarlet Witch and Hawkeye. Decided to buy Loki to retry game, and got Cable as bogo.

Beat game used splinters on team-up.
Got 5 random give aways - Gambit, Emma, Wolverine, Cyclops, Squirrel Girl, Punisher
Pre-ordered Surfer because he rules
Bought 12 dollar code for 2600g on ebay. Bought Stash + Crafting stash, leaving 1800g. Bought 3 450g heroes - Black Widow, DareDevil, and Storm during BOGO. Got Strange, Deadpool, Taskmaster

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I made out like a bandit.

New player who hated game when it came out. Came back with Scarlet Witch and Hawkeye. Decided to buy Loki to retry game, and got Cable as bogo.

Beat game used splinters on team-up.
Got 5 random give aways - Gambit, Emma, Wolverine, Cyclops, Squirrel Girl, Punisher
Pre-ordered Surfer because he rules
Bought code for 2600g on ebay. Bought Stash + Crafting stash, leaving 1800g. Bought 3 450g heroes - Black Widow, DareDevil, and Storm during BOGO. Got Strange, Deadpool, Taskmaster

Theres g on Ebay?

Tempting....

EDIT: Oh can someone add me to gafgroup? ign is AdamLashley

ok guys TC had a new build

login awards have been revealed
Day 1-boost box
Day 2-25 eternity splinters
Day 3-20 cube shards
Day 4-20 odin marks
Day 5-random epic team up gear
Day 6-retcon device
Day 7-fortune card mk1
Day 10-runeword pack containing 2 random runes and an uruforged
Day 15-any hero unique box containing a lv60 any hero unique
Day 20-not revealed yet
Day 25-boost bar pack
Day 35-ultimate upgrade token
Day 42-not revealed yet
Day 45-not revealed yet
Day 60-50 cube shards,50 odin marks,and 50 eternity splinters

Mugaaz

Day 1-boost box
Day 3-20 cube shards
Day 4-20 odin marks
Day 6-retcon device
Day 7-fortune card mk1
Day 20-not revealed yet
Day 25-boost bar pack
Day 42-not revealed yet
Day 45-not revealed yet

Day 2 reward is better than everything after per unit of time. Incentivizing me to not play after 2 concurrent days, lol. Day 3 reward is worth 2x Day 7 rewards, lol.

tryagain.jpg

Lashley

Day 1-boost box
Day 3-20 cube shards
Day 4-20 odin marks
Day 6-retcon device
Day 7-fortune card mk1
Day 20-not revealed yet
Day 25-boost bar pack
Day 42-not revealed yet
Day 45-not revealed yet

So as long as I log in I get these?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Day 1-boost box
Day 3-20 cube shards
Day 4-20 odin marks
Day 6-retcon device
Day 7-fortune card mk1
Day 20-not revealed yet
Day 25-boost bar pack
Day 42-not revealed yet
Day 45-not revealed yet

how will this work again?

Ragnaroz

Day 2 reward is better than everything after per unit of time. Incentivizing me to not play after 2 concurrent days, lol. Day 3 reward is worth 2x Day 7 rewards, lol.

tryagain.jpg
I don't think it works that way. They already said that they won't make you log in on consecutive days, so you might get the 60 days login reward in 2 months or maybe in a year+ if you don't play so often.

I don't think it works that way. They already said that they won't make you log in on consecutive days, so you might get the 60 days login reward in 2 months or maybe in a year+ if you don't play so often.

Yep, it will have to be a cumulative log-in system for it to work. Otherwise, people will just stop at day 2 or maybe day 4 rewards.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man I'm pumped. Just bought a 450g costume (deadpool x-men) and got BiB spidey, then got Silver Savage out of the blender.'

Uthred

Greg Pak's Planet Hulk arc was pretty good and fairly self-contained (though it was more planetary romance than a traditional Hulk story)

Lashley

Big of a biggish post as Im still learning. 1: whats omega points?

Also are any of these useful for rocket raccoon?

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Untitled3.png

Thanks

Lashley

So its decent?

Also, opened a daily reward chest and got:

YAY.png

What do I do with them craftable orbs? Theres nothing good I can craft except for another orb

Blank!

Big of a biggish post as Im still learning. 1: whats omega points?

Also are any of these useful for rocket raccoon?

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Untitled3.png

Thanks

The two purple team up gear are pretty worthless. The first isn't too bad if you set your team up as "always out/30 second mode" but the 2nd is hot garbage. First may improve over time.

The Wizard medallion is pointless for rocket because he doesn't deal mental damage. It's best for practically any hero that does deal mental damage though (though I should point out, your rolls are pretty bad. Both can go about +100 damage better). It's still cosmic though so likely an upgrade over a non-cosmic. I'd hold onto it.

Eternity splinters can be traded into adam warlock (eternity splinter vendor) for various rewards. For the most part, the only thing worth doing with them is buying heroes (random boxing, or directly) and teamup heroes. The other things are generally not worth it IMO but YMMV. Ultimate upgrade tokens may be worth pursuing if you REALLY like that character.

Lashley

The two purple team up gear are pretty worthless. The first isn't too bad if you set your team up as "always out/30 second mode" but the 2nd is hot garbage. First may improve over time.

The Wizard medallion is pointless for rocket because he doesn't deal mental damage. It's best for practically any hero that does deal mental damage though (though I should point out, your rolls are pretty bad. Both can go about +100 damage better). It's still cosmic though so likely an upgrade over a non-cosmic. I'd hold onto it.

Eternity splinters can be traded into adam warlock (eternity splinter vendor) for various rewards. For the most part, the only thing worth doing with them is buying heroes (random boxing, or directly) and teamup heroes. The other things are generally not worth it IMO but YMMV. Ultimate upgrade tokens may be worth pursuing if you REALLY like that character.
Thanks for the help!

Also I did an event before killing Electro and Doop, is gear free for all with other players there or is it designed just for me, like instanced? They'll get their loot, I get mine?

Volimar

I'm guessing it's not worth keeping this in case I get Ghost Rider?

Untitled.png

Nope. Donate it. The only thing you MIGHT hold on to that's not for a hero you currently have would be a unique, and that's only if you have space to store it and you think you're going to get the hero soon.

Blank!

Thanks for the help!

Also I did an event before killing Electro and Doop, is gear free for all with other players there or is it designed just for me, like instanced? They'll get their loot, I get mine?

Gear is just for you.

And junk that white item. If you get Ghost Rider, plenty of better gear will drop by then. I wouldn't hold onto any low level gear (sans uniques) for other heroes at all.

Really enjoying Taskmaster, he's like the best of DD, Hawkeye and Cap. So much variation that I feel like I'm only scratching the surface of my build. Will probably do a few rerolls in the end as well.

Those of you who played TM, which Stances did you invest in? Seems to me that DD and Cap are the obvious choices?

Lashley

Cheers for all the help guys, sorry for bombarding this thread :p

EDIT: What should I do with these useless/unwanted team up items?

Blank!

Cheers for all the help guys, sorry for bombarding this thread :p

EDIT: What should I do with these useless/unwanted team up items?

Donate. If they're the "gifted" ones, you can either store them and hope that one day they'll be useful (that tenacity one is beyond help IMO) or just "destroy" them. Drag them from your inventory to the ground and it'll prompt you.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man I'm pumped. Just bought a 450g costume (deadpool x-men) and got BiB spidey, then got Silver Savage out of the blender.'

aaand I just got silver savage out of the blender again. lol.

Lashley

Donate. If they're the "gifted" ones, you can either store them and hope that one day they'll be useful (that tenacity one is beyond help IMO) or just "destroy" them. Drag them from your inventory to the ground and it'll prompt you.

Donate to Pym? It won't let me, I'll just destroy it.

Top Bottom