• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is 1.05 just a bug fix patch? tuesday patches arent common

Dec

is 1.05 just a bug fix patch? tuesday patches arent common

Fix for stacking drops, fix for UI pages overlapping, changed two shared quest days from NYPD to kill commanders, some hero bug fixes, re-added prestige costumes as they were before.

Think that's all.

I hope they up the drop rate on Unstable Molecules soon.
I only have 22 in stock now and I can see myself burning through them when I upgrade Uniques.

Vecks

Patch notes are up. Small stuff, mostly what Declarius mentioned.

Nice to know that the soccer event will last another week. I'm halfway there, so I think I can finish it. Still not sure who to give it to. Originally was gonna give it to black widow, but I went footstigons instead.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
soccer shoes are pretty crappy, honestly. Also they can also drop randomly. Hot dog cart is hot dick though, good for Iron Man.

since forums seem dead and wont respond ill ask here

in bogo sales i got Ironman, Jean Grey, Cyclops, Squirrel Girl, Hawkeye,Hulk, and Cable
i currently have Beta Ray Bill and Magik
which of either Firestar,Spidey, or Falcon would be most beneficial for these characters

in bogo sales i got Ironman, Jean Grey, Cyclops, Squirrel Girl, Hawkeye,Hulk, and Cable
which of either Firestar,Spidey, or Falcon would be most beneficial for these characters

I use Falcon on Cable, but that's mainly because he's the only team-up I have. His passive increases are better than Spidey's I believe. Firestar might have the best dps while in active mode, from posts I've read in the past. I keep Falcon in passive for any content that's cosmic terminals or harder. Magik is really good for summoner builds and Beta Ray Bill I'd imagine is going to be a good all-around team-up.

Firestar.

I don't know why people like Spidey and Falcon's procs/passives so much, they're nothing special. Firestar's procs and passives are strong and always useful to have.

Speaking of the splash page, who is the green lady at the top supposed to be?

Rogue

Blank!

Firestar.

I don't know why people like Spidey and Falcon's procs/passives so much, they're nothing special. Firestar's procs and passives are strong and always useful to have.

Rogue

Firestar isn't bad but her passive damage only goes up significantly if you're an energy user. Spiderman proc's hit very hard for physical users. I'd honestly use one over the other based on the type of damage my hero is built for as none of the innate passives are *that* amazing (though I will say the Dodge on spiderman passive is really good for heroes without much/any investment in Dodge).

Falcon is the "trap" hero by far. Unless you're struggling to gear your hero, 120 crit is next to nothing (1% over 35%, 2% below that). Between Omega points and the new gear that comes with crit chance on it for your hero, it's easier than ever to gear for crit rating. Attack speed buff doesn't benefit everyone equally and treads hard into diminishing returns and his 4th tier attack can be walked out of.

Spoit

Still a real nice list to compile. Sometimes MHCompendium is a little overwhelming.

Edit: since I got top of page, here's part of Blank!'s list from the previous page.

It might be easier to just list the ones that aren't worth holding on to. Nutso, squirrel distress call, etc

Vecks

soccer shoes are pretty crappy, honestly. Also they can also drop randomly. Hot dog cart is hot dick though, good for Iron Man.

Soccer boots seem like a pretty good defensive unique to me for dodge/attack speed heroes. Sure, the movement and attack speed reach diminishing returns rather quickly, and the +1 to all attributes has a really long cooldown. But very few uniques offer over 500 dodge rating. With +3 speed, you'll pretty much have up to 700 dodge rating. And it's not a total sacrifice of offense either. Since the bonus damage proc lasts 14 seconds, which is a rather lengthy amount of time, as long as you keep attacking you can pretty much maintain 3 stacks for that +6% damage. It has a long invulnerability (5 seconds), and having a longer cooldown than most will reduce the chance of invulnerability overlapping. The over +300 crit rating to movement is rather restrictive, but it's still a decent boost since some heroes have useful movement attacks. And, as always, a +1 to all powers is always appreciated since uniques are not guaranteed to have that.

Getting it as a random drop isn't ideal. I have two of those boots already as random drops, both with terrible rolls, and one that isn't even level 60. To reroll a unique costs like 200k or 300k and 2 unstable molecules, and that's an awful lot just to gamble for a good roll with a unique that isn't super amazing. With the special event vendor, you are guaranteed a level 60, and you can refresh the vendor to get different rolls before you actually spends the items to acquire it. That way, you can maximize your roll for free.

Firestar isn't bad but her passive damage only goes up significantly if you're an energy user. Spiderman proc's hit very hard for physical users. I'd honestly use one over the other based on the type of damage my hero is built for as none of the innate passives are *that* amazing (though I will say the Dodge on spiderman passive is really good for heroes without much/any investment in Dodge).

If you want to optimize, definitely. Purely on a universal level though I think Firestar is best if one were to have only a single TU. Spidey's dodge rating is nice for some defense, but the dodge proc is for a small subset of heroes. His "while away" T4 proc also requires getting hit to activate, and only has so much range, making it situational. Firestar's damage rating and cost reduction (particularly for Wolvy and SS) and two damage procs are basically always good though.

Falcon is the "trap" hero by far. Unless you're struggling to gear your hero, 120 crit is next to nothing (1% over 35%, 2% below that). Between Omega points and the new gear that comes with crit chance on it for your hero, it's easier than ever to gear for crit rating. Attack speed buff doesn't benefit everyone equally and treads hard into diminishing returns and his 4th tier attack can be walked out of.

If epic TU gear was actually in the game, (in a form other than gifts) then I think any of the team-ups would be viable.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I really wish they'd make them invulnerable for perma-summons and beef up the 30 second ones a little bit or something. I *want* to find a reason to use them, they're cool, but at 60, it's utterly pointless.

I'd be totally OK with them being barely useful if they didn't die so easily. I'd be even happier if you could just pay a fee to have your alts act as an AI partner. I want to team up characters that belong together!

Dec

For those that missed the loot explosions... after today's patch cosmic terminals were bugged so the bosses were dropping way way way (way way) more than intended. Over half an Omega per boss kill, a screen full of other loot, 2-3 artifacts per kill etc. It was like this for nearly an hour and a lot of us amassed a lot of loot, one person got a costume drop, one a pym's shrinking, all many omegas.

They then patched it. Bosses are now bugged in the opposite direction, only dropping their medallion.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Omega points are from the purple orbs arent they? How do I spend them? And what should I spend em on?

Blank!

If you want to optimize, definitely. Purely on a universal level though I think Firestar is best if one were to have only a single TU. Spidey's dodge rating is nice for some defense, but the dodge proc is for a small subset of heroes. His "while away" T4 proc also requires getting hit to activate, and only has so much range, making it situational. Firestar's damage rating and cost reduction (particularly for Wolvy and SS) and two damage procs are basically always good though.

I dunno, I guess I just don't see much trouble in getting his 4th level proc to go off. It's 10% chance and there are certainly enough things poking at you. Considering the cooldown, I'll usually see it once per boss fight... maybe twice on my weaker characters simply because most bosses don't even take that long. Firestar's tier 3 power suffers the same problem as Falcon's tier 4. It's an area DoT and can be walked out of. And there are plenty of characters/content where the spirit cost reduction goes to waste... but very few people actively gear/skill for dodge rating. The added CC effects can also be a blessing/curse depending on how you view them (they're great for non-boss fights IMO).

I will say if you can only get one, you aren't "doing it wrong" choosing Firestar over Spiderman. I think either choice is fine really. Side note, but I wouldnt use Firestar with Wolverine... never felt fury starved with him.

Vecks

Omega points are from the purple orbs arent they? How do I spend them? And what should I spend em on?

Purple orbs are hp/sp regen.
The big shiny light blue orbs are omega points.

Press V and go to the omega tab to see what you can do with them.

Good news about the events being extended. I had been using the Soccer Balls and Loaded Hot Dogs to level up my vendors, but they're all 20 now, so I might go for the Uniques.

Taskmaster to 60 yesterday, Silver Surfer to 48 - and I'll probably keep going with my 19 Squirrel Girl next.
Maxing out that Hero Synergy XP is within sight...

Blank!

Good news about the events being extended. I had been using the Soccer Balls and Loaded Hot Dogs to level up my vendors, but they're all 20 now, so I might go for the Uniques.

Taskmaster to 60 yesterday, Silver Surfer to 48 - and I'll probably keep going with my 19 Squirrel Girl next.
Maxing out that Hero Synergy XP is within sight...

Blows my mind you have so many 60's already but are still leveling crafters.

Blows my mind you have so many 60's already but are still leveling crafters.

:)
I did the Crafter and Enchanter pretty early on, but someone mentioned that the others are fairly pointless, so I sorta ignored them for a long while (only donating trash to the vendor in between rounds of X-Def for example), but recently noticed they were like 11 and 14 so the OCD in me got focus back into leveling them again haha..

That pack of Fortune Cards I bought a week ago had one of the 100,000XP Starktech things in it and then this event (abundance of trash), Balls and Hotdogs, plus the increased sale price on Runes got me to 20's.

Hey guys, need some advice. I am only missing 7 of the 900 G heroes. If I buy the 49.99 'G' pack, with the extra 15% Gs, I'll have enough to buy them all. If I buy that G pack however, I won't have enough to buy the Heroes/Villains advance pack, but I figure that I'll have a month for each new release to save up enough splinters. For example, I have four weeks to save up enough splinters for Starlord. I'm just torn between the value of the advance pack and completing my collection of heroes. What do you guys recommend?

Honestly? I'd buy the pack for the costumes alone.

I already have Mr Fantastic and his alt costume from the Mac Pro pack however. It's also possible with the BOGO I might get a few of a the heroes I'm missing in the random boxes, giving me more G's leftover, to buy those alt costumes.

Top Bottom