• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

LuuKyK

Whats this? Are they adding in GoTG characters?

Team ups are like secondary characters that help you and have their own power trees and inventory. Like a pet, but more useful. Although the devs said that being a team up doesnt rule them out of being an actual playable character at one point in the future.

Dec

Whats this? Are they adding in GoTG characters?

Starlord is coming around the time of the movie and with him is rocket raccoons 52 rework, a movie costume for rocket, and two or three guardians of the galaxy team ups. Two are drax and gamora, could potentially be a third unannounced.

KfBLNRc.jpg

hate typing on a touchscreen

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Team ups are like secondary characters that help you and have their own power trees and inventory. Like a pet, but more useful. Although the devs said that being a team up doesnt rule them out of being an actual playable character at one point in the future.

Starlord is coming around the time of the movie and with him is rocket raccoons 52 rework, a movie costume for rocket, and two or three guardians of the galaxy team ups. Two are drax and gamora, could potentially be a third unannounced.

KfBLNRc.jpg

Awesome, I have RR as my starter so I need these!

Drayco21

Looks like they're both Bendis- don't need to waste my money then. Hopefully they'll have DnA costumes when they become playable in the future, and maybe we'll get characters like Mantis or Phylla in the future.

Ploid 3.0

My cable internet has been screwed this whole weekend. I've been entering this thread to see if people were swimming in loot. I thank you guys for not gloating on the forums. Darn small southern city and it's lack of high speed internet competition.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Don't worry, loot's been pretty lackluster. Swimming in crappy artifacts, mostly. I will say I've gotten a couple pretty good purple insignias. No rare runes worth a crap, just a Frigga, yay. Noteworthy loot - Shocker's Unique gloves (slot 1, actually good), Magneto Was Right artifact, Hand of Nimrod artifact and Taskmaster artifact all from MM. Boost seriously feels like it's not working at all for X-def and Holo Sim chests, terminals are barely better than normal and MM bosses drop a crapton of loot but most of it is crappy.

I also think that RIF boosts were bugged. Once my RIF boosts wore off I got 2 uniques within an hour...I got two in my previous ~12 hours of playing and the lowest my RIF was during those 12 hours was +250 (highest was 550).

Might either be team-up of an already playable Guardian, Groot, or a non-movie Guardian (Phyla-Vell, Moondragon, Bug, Mantis... there's plenty of options).
Edit: Apparently they're planning it to be Groot.

Wonder if Gamora will have her movie outfilt or her super slutty comics outfit.

It'll be the Marvel NOW armor:
gamora.jpg

So, how'd we all go this weekend!? (living in the future here, so Monday morning).

I played about 4 hours on Saturday, and apart from the Hot Dog & Soccer Ball pieces, I ended up with a couple Cosmic Medallions and Rings from Doop waves in Midtown. Went through two RIF bonus things and got nothing, even with my own boosts on.

Sunday was a bit better though, played about 6 hours and ended the day with about 5 Uniques and had four Doop waves throughout the day, so 4 more Cosmic Rings and Medallions.

Rarest rune I got all weekend was a Saturn. Meh.. Still have never seen a Serpent, or half the other super rare ones, but whatever.

Ran another couple of my Odin Mark potions while MM was boosted. I think they are the best value potions in the game. Few hours and I could afford another Legendary! Straight onto Silver Surfer.

Got my Thor to 60 - and playing him with Beta Ray Bill and Throg has been awesome. I wasn't really feeling Thor at first, low-level he's squishy and DEM COOLDOWNS my god. Once I got to 45+ though, with some good artifacts and items, he's become quite the damage dealer/taker.

JhBKgak.jpg

Started on SS last night, he's at like 33 now from memory. Seems amazing and I've basically done zero optimisation, just putting points into every skill to see them in effect. He's so pretty.

Thanks man

are the xp boosts, etc 1 time use potions?

Yup, usually last for an hour or two - cosmic penta boost stuff is like 4 hours.

1 use though and gone.

IMO, save them for later level - 50+ when the grinding feels tougher. And while doing Terminals/MM/LQs.

Xenocthul

Here's the info Freakout got from Doomsaw during the Play With The Devs event.
"Groot will wear his movie costume when Rocket wears his movie costume

Star Lord and Rocket are the most detailed costumes in the game so far

Fantomex may come in 2015 as a team up

Groot would be a 200 splinter team up

Team Ups take less time than a hero, but many many weeks still.

Arachne will get a new model and powers

MH will be at SDCC

The black FF costumes will be in a fortune card with FF Doom and GOTG Iron man

Taskmaster will get an Age of Ultron costume soon with a dragon backpack

Howard the Duck has his voice recorded

Wolverine will get an Ultimate costume."

Volimar

Here's the info Freakout got from Doomsaw during the Play With The Devs event.
"Groot will wear his movie costume when Rocket wears his movie costume

Team Ups take less time than a hero, but many many weeks still.

Arachne will get a new model and powers

MH will be at SDCC

The black FF costumes will be in a fortune card with FF Doom and GOTG Iron man

Taskmaster will get an Age of Ultron costume soon with a dragon backpack

Howard the Duck has his voice recorded

Wolverine will get an Ultimate costume."

Howard the Duck? Is he playable or what?

Groot will wear his movie costume when Rocket wears his movie costume

I'm crazy hyped for the GotG stuff as I'm a big fan of the current comic book line too, and can't wait for the movie.

Ominous, but DAMN I hope they bring Fanty in.

Wut @ Howard the Duck. Please tell me he is going to be a team up and not a playable character.

He's going to give Squirrel Girl a run for her money.

I wish Fantomex was going to be playable off the bat. He was the shining star of Remender's Uncanny X-Force run.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Yup, usually last for an hour or two - cosmic penta boost stuff is like 4 hours.

1 use though and gone.

IMO, save them for later level - 50+ when the grinding feels tougher. And while doing Terminals/MM/LQs.

I'll stick em in storage

Nope! Best rune I got was a Loki. Actually haven't found much of anything good this weekend.

I wasn't around for the Big10 - was it more lucrative?! Or about the same?

I guess I (maybe unrealistically) expected the boosts to RIF and Rune drops and stuff would have seen me come out of the weekend with a Zod or a Serpent or something (and obviously I never expected a Hero drop) but was it about the same last time too?

Felt like any normal weekend, albeit with the Hot Dogs/Soccer Balls that were amazing for leveling up my Gear and Weapon vendors.

Did you lot sell your spare Runes as well?

They were great for donating to crafters. I think I'll have ALL the vendors to 20 by the end of the week now.

Kept 10 max of everything I had surplus and sold all the extras, they are worth heaps.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
I wasn't around for the Big10 - was it more lucrative?! Or about the same?

I guess I (maybe unrealistically) expected the boosts to RIF and Rune drops and stuff would have seen me come out of the weekend with a Zod or a Serpent or something (and obviously I never expected a Hero drop) but was it about the same last time too?

Felt like any normal weekend, albeit with the Hot Dogs/Soccer Balls that were amazing for leveling up my Gear and Weapon vendors.

It seems about the same as the Big10 to me but it's hard to say if it really is or not. Big loot explosions of junk most of the time but I could just be unlucky.

Did you lot sell your spare Runes as well?

They were great for donating to crafters. I think I'll have ALL the vendors to 20 by the end of the week now.

Kept 10 max of everything I had surplus and sold all the extras, they are worth heaps.

Nah I keep all my runes.What's the max for those anyway? 99? If I ever hit the max I'll start selling.

Blank!

Don't worry, loot's been pretty lackluster. Swimming in crappy artifacts, mostly. I will say I've gotten a couple pretty good purple insignias. No rare runes worth a crap, just a Frigga, yay. Noteworthy loot - Shocker's Unique gloves (slot 1, actually good), Magneto Was Right artifact, Hand of Nimrod artifact and Taskmaster artifact all from MM. Boost seriously feels like it's not working at all for X-def and Holo Sim chests, terminals are barely better than normal and MM bosses drop a crapton of loot but most of it is crappy.

You got 3 incredibly rare boss drops, a "tier 1" rune (albeit, the shitty one), and the lowest drop rate location artifact (Nimrod)... I'd say you did pretty damn well for yourself.

It seems about the same as the Big10 to me but it's hard to say if it really is or not. Big loot explosions of junk most of the time but I could just be unlucky.

Nah I keep all my runes.What's the max for those anyway? 99? If I ever hit the max I'll start selling.

Fair enough. My SG window was pretty active with people getting uniques, but then there were like 30 people on; waaaay more than usual, so it might not have been anything special anyway.

No idea haha, most I've had is 35 and that's Day runes which you can't sell.

sophora

Grabbed some Gs and Heroes for the BOGO. Got Psylocke with Captain America and Black Widow with Punisher. Awesome stuff, still haven't tried them out yet since I'm still focusing on getting Spidey to 60 first.

KfBLNRc.jpg

Drax looks awesome. I assume he'll be a stabby melee character. I definitely prefer ranged characters, but having bladed weapons makes melee more satisfying.

Wonder if Gamora will have her movie outfilt or her super slutty comics outfit.

I really hope its TylerNotDurden or the new guy (who made that Wasp render) making Gamora. I want her to look curvy and sexy, not flat with weird proportions - ala Psylocke.
I really want Gamora as a playable character though. Sidekicks are a bit underwhelming for me.

LuuKyK

So Rogue is pretty much confirmed to come after Starlord at this point right? Crap, that pretty much makes it impossible for me to gather enough ESs (around 250) for her in time. Watch me purchase her with money. fml

He'll be a pet or team up, but I would buy a playable character for Howard day one.

Don't get me wrong, he is not that bad of a character, I just think there are many others that are more important than him and deserve to be playable before. I know, its just me, but hey opinions.

X-23 - 200 ES

Hmm...

Wow, thats quite tempting. I will probably buy her with Splinters.

Dec

So Rogue is pretty much confirmed to come after Starlord at this point right? Crap, that pretty much makes it impossible for me to gather enough ESs (around 250) for her in time. Watch me purchase her with money. fml

Starlord is late July. Rogue is over a month away.

Top Bottom