• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i need to do some blending, i got a lot of costumes in the bank. no molecules tho

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Whats the blender let you do?

It's a crafter recipe. Turn 3 unwanted costumes and 2 unstable molecules into a random new costume. Blender is just a nickname.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
It's a crafter recipe. Turn 3 unwanted costumes and 2 unstable molecules into a random new costume. Blender is just a nickname.

Ah not bad, I dunno whether to spend my splinters on a random box or wait for an actual hero

inky

Ah not bad, I dunno whether to spend my splinters on a random box or wait for an actual hero

If you have a small roster and don't care too much who you get, go for it.

If you really, really want that one hero and are dying to play it just save up.

Boxes only really start to fuck you over with dupes when you are at about 50-60% of the roster owned.

I done fucked up guys. Went and bought the Kate Bishop skin then Jean Grey solely because I got her costume with it. I blame the disappointing steam sale but buy stupidly expensive aesthetics is a new low for me.

Lashley

If you have a small roster and don't care too much who you get, go for it.

If you really, really want that one hero and are dying to play it just save up.

Boxes only really start to fuck you over with dupes when you are at about 50-60% of the roster owned.

I'd like a melee guy, but other than that I'm not too fussed. You get two heroes for free though don't you via doing the story, or am I wrong??

inky

I'd like a melee guy, but other than that I'm not too fussed. You get two heroes for free though don't you via doing the story, or am I wrong??

I think you get 1 plus a certain number of splinters depending on who you chose to buy another one. They changed it after I did mine so I'm not really sure how it works anymore.

Vecks

When is the free hero given? I've just finished Hells Kitchen.

You don't get another free hero, you just get splinters. IIRC, you get 100 for beating prologue, and another 100 for beating doom (chapter 8 I believe). So 200 total. 200 splinters is enough for a random hero box if you're feeling lucky, or you can choose any 200 splinter hero, or just keep playing rocket to shoot for 400. You can check out the prices of the heroes at the eternity splinter vendor in any major hub, like the avengers tower.

I done fucked up guys. Went and bought the Kate Bishop skin then Jean Grey solely because I got her costume with it. I blame the disappointing steam sale but buy stupidly expensive aesthetics is a new low for me.

Dude, I bought Kate Bishop and I don't even really play Hawkeye yet. I love her in the current run and wanted to play as her in the future. Flushing that money down the toilet.

My first 60! Storm's been a blast since the review, and since I only got the Mohawk at level 55 I'll definitely have to prestige her down the line. Gonna move on and focus on Logan now.

jVnP1tq2LkU7I.png

Question, is there an exp bonus for your other heroes when you have a 60 in your roster? And if so, does that stack for every 60 you have?

Dec

My first 60! Storm's been a blast since the review, and since I only got the Mohawk at level 55 I'll definitely have to prestige her down the line. Gonna move on and focus on Logan now.

Question, is there an exp bonus for your other heroes when you have a 60 in your roster? And if so, does that stack for every 60 you have?

+30% xp boost for one level 60.

50% for two. After that the scaling it a bit blurry for me, 3 or 4 is 75%. Then it's 5% for every 60 after that to a cap of 200%.

Drayco21

lol I just got SG and I love her, just filling the screen with squirrels.

I've spent the better part of the week working my way up to making Squirrel Girl my third 60, and yeah, she's great. Her survivability seems really bad, but her powers are so much damn fun that it's worth it.

Lashley

You don't get another free hero, you just get splinters. IIRC, you get 100 for beating prologue, and another 100 for beating doom (chapter 8 I believe). So 200 total. 200 splinters is enough for a random hero box if you're feeling lucky, or you can choose any 200 splinter hero, or just keep playing rocket to shoot for 400. You can check out the prices of the heroes at the eternity splinter vendor in any major hub, like the avengers tower.

Ah, makes sense.

Dec

I see some people say Hawkeye is their favorite, but most people find him really boring. What's his style like? I always assumed he was the bow and arrow archetype as you would see in many other ARPGs.

Also Reed will be 400 splinters.

Hotdogs end the 6th?

Flags end the 13th?

Carm

Is there a list anywhere indicating which Artifacts I should keep/can safely get rid of, for any of heroes? I wanted to clean up the stash a bit, but hard to tell with some of them if they are any good. Mind you, almost all of them are below level 60 if that even matters.

Finaika

Is there a list anywhere indicating which Artifacts I should keep/can safely get rid of, for any of heroes? I wanted to clean up the stash a bit, but hard to tell with some of them if they are any good. Mind you, almost all of them are below level 60 if that even matters.

Is the item level important for artifacts?

Blank!

Here's my list:

Any boss specific loot is worth something to someone, even if you don't use it, you can trade it for blessing(s)... so the following I'd keep:

Gem of the Kursed
Hand of Doom
ESP Box
Magneto was Right T-shirt
Taskmaster's Book for Dummies
White Suit Jacket
Black Tom's
Adv Circlet of Cytorrak
Mental Focus Headband

Area specific loot:

Danger AI chips are useful if they roll 300+ to their base. They aren't really worth trading for unless they're 380+ (maxes at 400).
Hand of Nimrod has trade value if rolled high.

"low" level loot (anything that isn't level 50+):

regular Latveria Regalia has both trade value and use. Their are very few artifacts that boost pet damage (3, to be exact) and this is one of them. It won't drop past a certain level which makes it incredibly hard to farm. A well rolled one is valuable.

There are 2 artifacts which (IMO) are super useful for leveling. They don't lose their usefulness until 50+. They have almost no trade value but are worth holding onto for alts IMO:

Scrolls of Pama (Spirit/health restore)
Starstone Tooth (health restore)

There are a handful of mid level artifacts which have no trade value, but situational use:

Edge of Infinity - poor man's HoD/Taskmasters
Oculus Oroboros - +1 skills/heal proc for energy users
Idol of Konshu - characters with a ranged DoT can use this to really good effect
Pluvian - Poor man's +damage rating if invested heavily in area damage (Ironman/SW), 520+
Power Prism Shard - For area-based characters that really need the crit. 300+ only and 7%+ for area/cost reduction.
Blinding Brazzier - Highly underrated. Lots of stuff cause burn-status (Ironman Wrist rocket for example) which makes it one of the highest flat damage rating artifacts in the game. 800+ is what you're looking for.
Pym Shrink - Has trade value. Spirit restore/health still incredibly useful.
Xerogen Crystal - Looking for 5%+ AS, 225+ damage rating, and 120+ brutal strike rating. Brut damage is (much) less important.
Raptor Stone - Has trade value if well rolled. 10/30/10 are the maxes. For pet-class people.

The level 50+ stuff (are all "ADV" versions):

Aim Robot Dispenser - Looking for 170+ crit rating and 500+ damage. Can work with either physical, energy, or hybrid characters if you get both good rolls.
Kree Optics - Looking for 170+ crit rating and 550+ damage rating. For characters that can nearly perma-slow (Storm, SW, Loki). CC immunity on bosses makes this less appealing. No trade value.
Latveria Regalia - summoners. 28%/4% maxes. No trade value.
Skrull Targeting Computer - 200+ crit/600+ damage. For pet classes and people with (lots) of invisibility/distraction. Also great in x-defense. No trade value.
Super Soldier Serum - 2000+ HP is the big one. 2000+ HP Regen also nice. Rest of stats less important but spirit rolls to 50+. Best HP generating artifact. No trade value.
Starstone Tooth - Looking for 1900+ HP and 18%+ chance to proc the heal. Slightly lower is still very usable. Can function as a replacement to Super Soldier Serum nicely.
Amulet of Agamatto - 5%+ AS, 300+ mental damage. A slightly worse adv meta for mental users, but they can always use both.
Metasensory - 8%/325 are the max. As close as you can to that, favoring the damage over the attack speed.
Wicked Wand of Wootomb - 250+ to each. It's basically a slightly worse Mental Focus Headband but with a more useful (IMO) proc.
Kungfu Training Sequence - 1300+ HP 330+ dodge/damage. Poor man's white suite jacket.
Phoenix Feather - 500+ Damage rating. Poor man's Black Tom's. No trade value.
Ziggeraut of Kargul - 275+ crit rating 600+ crit damage. Poor man's GotK (and teleport power is invaluable for characters without TP's).
Crimson Crystal of Cytorrak - 1650+ HP, 550+ damage rating, 2%. Exceptional item for physical damage users (note, physical =/= melee. Use this on hawkeye and such).

Story mode artifacts (all, SH):

Yukio's Charm - 580+ damage/4000+ health regen. Kind of niche now but the only quest reward/story drop worth a damn.

Crafter options (recipe from ghost box):

Adv Bannertech Accelerator = +500 physical damage is what you want.

Seems like a lot. If you limited on space that's what I would keep. The rolls are VERY important though. If you rolled something much worse than what I have listed, it may still be worth using RIGHT AWAY but not worth holding onto.

Dec

Wait... I've decided to finally look into the trading forums and my hand of doom is worth over 6 blessings???

Artifact info...

Whats your opinion the the Mark of the Odinborn?
I use it on a bunch of my characters as I find the purple orb you can create restores a good chunk of health and saves me having to wait for health regen or use a medkit. Works great for any level char, IMO.
Of course, I always get rid of the tacky and obnoxious visual effect it produces first ;)

Vecks

Is the item level important for artifacts?

Not always, but mostly the higher level artifacts have better stats.
Artifacts do have set levels though, so it's not like you can higher level versions of them, with the exception of Gaz adding more Advanced versions.

Blank!

Whats your opinion the the Mark of the Odinborn?
I use it on a bunch of my characters as I find the purple orb you can create restores a good chunk of health and saves me having to wait for health regen or use a medkit. Works great for any level char, IMO.
Of course, I always get rid of the tacky and obnoxious visual effect it produces first ;)

Mark of Odinborn is just a slightly better scroll of puma that you can't use as early and even then, it'd only last till ~level 50 where advanced scroll of puma's become available (if you're still having spirit issues that is).

I generally stick with a regular scroll of puma till ~50 when I start equipping "real" artifacts to my character.

Medkits aren't in short enough supply to ignore using. I'll equip the first 25% medkit core I see regardless of other affix's to my characters as I level when I get them too.

Blank!

wtf broski... did you type all this out by memory? You are by far the biggest powergamer of all of us in this thread, haha

It's my day off from work. I use this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ViY2dqZDVOeHY3dXRzS0daMWc&toomany=true#gid=16

as a resource. For the most part, most characters "Best in Slot" artifacts are the same across similar arch-types (every melee is going to look for WSJ/Adv. Kungfu pretty much, etc) but there are a few hidden gems out there.

It's my day off from work. I use this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ViY2dqZDVOeHY3dXRzS0daMWc&toomany=true#gid=16

as a resource. For the most part, most characters "Best in Slot" artifacts are the same across similar arch-types (every melee is going to look for WSJ/Adv. Kungfu pretty much, etc) but there are a few hidden gems out there.

Still a real nice list to compile. Sometimes MHCompendium is a little overwhelming.

Edit: since I got top of page, here's part of Blank!'s list from the previous page.

Here's my list:

Any boss specific loot is worth something to someone, even if you don't use it, you can trade it for blessing(s)... so the following I'd keep:

Gem of the Kursed
Hand of Doom
ESP Box
Magneto was Right T-shirt
Taskmaster's Book for Dummies
White Suit Jacket
Black Tom's
Adv Circlet of Cytorrak
Mental Focus Headband
....and much more at the link

ev0

Don't I feel like a putz at some of the artifacts I've tossed now lol. Hardest thing to figure out what to keep sometimes for me.
Thanks for the lists though

Top Bottom