• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Ragnaroz

So glad they've extended the bogo. :D Bought a 20$ and a 5$(it comes out to even 20e here, couldn't put 16e on my credit card even if I wanted to) and it came up to 2990 Gs. Had 25 left over from before, so before I went on a shopping spree I had 3015. Decided to focus on costumes since I have a lot of the heroes.

1. Bought X-Men Deadpool(450G), got Enhanced Superior Spidey(1450G)

2. Bought Secret War Daredevil(600G), got 90s Storm(950G)

3. Bought Marvel Now Cyclops(750G), got Back in Black Spidey(1250G)

4. Bought Taskmaster Udon(750G), got Deadpool Battle of the Atom(950G)

5. I was left with 465G and it was either a costume or one of the two 450G heroes I don't have(Storm and Black Widow) and I decided to go for Storm since I got a very nice costume for her, and the random box gave me Black Widow. :D

All in all, I think it went exceptionally well, and I'm very glad I decided to spend some money.

And, after everything, I had 3 default costumes to put in the blender, and it got me a Cable War Baby costume. Another one I didn't have. :D

3KzqY6T.jpg

Woot!

Silver Surfer to 60 tonight; Just enough to get me the 200% Synergy XP :)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
You get 200% extra experience for each hero u get to 60? :O Maybe i should stop diving my time between all my lowbie characters lol

Naa, 200% is the max. That's after like 25 level 60 heroes.

Uthred

Decided to take advantage of the 15% exta G to grab a cheap hero and a team-up. Bought Thing and got Nightcrawler, which was nice. Decided to go with Firestar for my team-up hero, are her talents set per character or per account and can you change them once selected?

The first four heroes to 60 are worth it though. That gets you to a 75% boost. After that you only get I think 5% per hero to 60.

Decided to take advantage of the 15% exta G to grab a cheap hero and a team-up. Bought Thing and got Nightcrawler, which was nice. Decided to go with Firestar for my team-up hero, are her talents set per character or per account and can you change them once selected?

You have to set her to active on each character, but her settings are always the same. So let's say you have her set to all passive on Hero 1, but you want to have her set to active on Hero 2, you have to go into your team-up roster and change her settings every time you switch heroes.

Dec

You can change them at no cost, just needs to be done in a hub.

Dec

For anyone that knows shit about the item trading, what is the going rate on a HoD? I can post the stats in a sec.

Forum offers seem to be 6 or 7 blessings but they seem to not be having luck getting any. Is it because they are worth more or just that there aren't many to go around?

251 Damage rating
287 Brutal Strike Rating
233 Critical Rating

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
HoD is so overrated. I wouldn't trade it for blessings, though. See if you can get some rare runes, like Tyr, out of it. That's just what I'd do, not sure what the going rate is. This game's economy is weird.

FeD.nL

Decided to buy all the 450g heroes i did not have this were the results:

Storm > Dr. Strange
Black Widow > Storm (dupe)
Thing > Daredevil (dupe)
Taskmaster > Nightcrawler
Hawkeye > Captain America
Scarlet Witch > Luke Cage

Pretty happy overall, got enough heroes now to keep me busy through the rainy days in the coming months.

Dec

HoD is so overrated. I wouldn't trade it for blessings, though. See if you can get some rare runes, like Tyr, out of it. That's just what I'd do, not sure what the going rate is. This game's economy is weird.

I wouldn't mind trading it for runes, or other artifacts like white suit jacket, or Loki's runeword. Always need blessings too though.

hey are you the guy who reads 700 full comix in one week, or was that a different guild-mate??

There aren't 700 comics released in a given week, even if you include all the minor indie publishers. More importantly, that would be $2,000+ dollars a week, or a conservative estimate of $104,000 a year.

It sounds to me like a combination of hyperbole and hardcore pirating/torrenting. Over in comics GAF, the largest pull lists I've seen are 40-50 issues a month, and those people recognize their own insanity. Dropping $200 a month on comic singles is staggering, and that's coming from a huge comic book nerd. There aren't $200 worth of good comics in any given month, and if you feel the urge to read everything you are better off trade waiting.

My current pull list ranges between 8-10 different series, and I could probably drop 2-3 of those without blinking an eye.

KePoW

Banned
There aren't 700 comics released in a given week, even if you include all the minor indie publishers. More importantly, that would be $2,000+ dollars a week, or a conservative estimate of $104,000 a year.

It sounds to me like a combination of hyperbole and hardcore pirating/torrenting. Over in comics GAF, the largest pull lists I've seen are 40-50 issues a month, and those people recognize their own insanity. Dropping $200 a month on comic singles is staggering, and that's coming from a huge comic book nerd. There aren't $200 worth of good comics in any given month, and if you feel the urge to read everything you are better off trade waiting.

My current pull list ranges between 8-10 different series, and I could probably drop 2-3 of those without blinking an eye.

No, there was definitely a guild-mate in chat one day recently, who said he read the entire 700-issue series of Amazing Spider-Man in one week.

I didn't mean on a regular basis every week, sorry hehe.

For anyone that knows shit about the item trading, what is the going rate on a HoD? I can post the stats in a sec.

Forum offers seem to be 6 or 7 blessings but they seem to not be having luck getting any. Is it because they are worth more or just that there aren't many to go around?

251 Damage rating
287 Brutal Strike Rating
233 Critical Rating

If you want blessings, I'd be down to trade for that. I'm sick of running Doom at this point.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
No, there was definitely a guild-mate in chat one day recently, who said he read the entire 700-issue series of Amazing Spider-Man in one week.

Theres a chance he could be lying

Mupod

I had marvel unlimited a few years ago and found it very annoying how it would be missing issues that were integral to certain story arcs. For example if I wanted to read Annihilation it only had like 2/3 of the issues involved.

Of course it might be better now, but they'd need to prove to me that there was an improvement before I pay for it again.

In other news I've been playing this so much I dropped another 10 bucks on it, got Taskmaster and his udon costume. Got Iron Man (and some crap daredevil costume) out of the BOGO so can't complain.

I used to work in a comic shop and i remember some dude came in an dropped 1.2k on comics. His most expensive comic he bought right there was some thor issue. I wish i remembered what issue it was but it was over $100 for it. I think the cover looked like some silver age issue. I would say most of the stuff he bought was silver age. The rest was a bunch of back issues that used a few long boxes.

Carm

Alejandra Blaze costume for Ghost Rider is out now, currently 1450g. Voice actress sounds a little bored saying some of the lines.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Still bummed I never landed Ghostrider from any of the bogo/randoms. He's my last 1350g hero. I'll probably end up throwing 600 splinters at him if I end up saving more than I need for upcoming characters I want, but that may be unlikely with starlord, magneto, and venom all coming in relatively short succession, moreso if thor's review makes him really fun.

KePoW

Banned
Still bummed I never landed Ghostrider from any of the bogo/randoms. He's my last 1350g hero. I'll probably end up throwing 600 splinters at him if I end up saving more than I need for upcoming characters I want, but that may be unlikely with starlord, magneto, and venom all coming in relatively short succession, moreso if thor's review makes him really fun.

How many splinters do you currently have broski?

Carm

I'll have to watch some YouTube videos of the live costume first before buying

Downgrade on the hair from the reveal picture awhile back, dunno if they will ever make it look like that. She also doesn't have her bike, though I saw a post saying Brevik said she would, dunno.

Lord Phol

Posted this one the official forums:

Just a heads-up, I bought it on live since it was on sale and I hoped that there might have been some improvements, but nope.

• Low quality voice work (I don't know what it is but it sonuds like she's speaking inside a can).
  • Animations are the same except her /pose and /showoff emote which are both worse than Johnnys and really really lame (she just waves her arms around).
  • No new BIKE.
  • NONE of the things gaz promised us earlier (Hair, new Visuals).
First thing I've bought that I really regret. I can't believe Gaz went ahead and sold this abomination after hyping it up so much. Not only that but removing threads about her AND refusing to even so much as to give us a comment on her state. All Enhanced costumes this far has been great, this one doesn't even deserve the Enhanced tag nor its price.

I'm a bit upset, really bad behaviour on Gaz part.

Anoregon

How many splinters do you currently have broski?

180-ish. I'm not terribly interested in Reed, so I'm sure I'll be well over 400 by the time Starlord is out. HOW well over is gonna be the determining factor in if I'm willing to plop down 600 on GR. That and the fact that I hear he's still got some problems that keep him from being all that fun/good.

KePoW

Banned

Here's a quick one.
Only a taste of what she sounds like, but yeah as of now this is the most phoned-in enhanced costume. I don't recommend it at all unless you just really want a female look/sound for GR.

Ok thx Frost.

I don't know the character at all from comix, so I have no particular attachment to her. Generally I love female comix characters, but she doesn't do it for me with a skull-face lol

KePoW

Banned
Posted this one the official forums:

Just a heads-up, I bought it on live since it was on sale and I hoped that there might have been some improvements, but nope.

• Low quality voice work (I don't know what it is but it sonuds like she's speaking inside a can).
  • Animations are the same except her /pose and /showoff emote which are both worse than Johnnys and really really lame (she just waves her arms around).
  • No new BIKE.
  • NONE of the things gaz promised us earlier (Hair, new Visuals).
First thing I've bought that I really regret. I can't believe Gaz went ahead and sold this abomination after hyping it up so much. Not only that but removing threads about her AND refusing to even so much as to give us a comment on her state. All Enhanced costumes this far has been great, this one doesn't even deserve the Enhanced tag nor its price.

I'm a bit upset, really bad behaviour on Gaz part.

Thx. Ya that's why I always wait for videos of the Live version before purchasing

Marvel unlimited has a lot of comics at least until you read them all.

Theres a chance he could be lying

Doable with Marvel Unlimited, I suppose, but only if he/she was accessing the library on his computer instead of a tablet or phone. The MU app is pure garbage. Accessing it through the Marvel website is a test of patience and will power; accessing it through the app is impossible. Even if they made it through that test, I imagine there are many negative health effects from reading 700 comics in seven days.

I had marvel unlimited a few years ago and found it very annoying how it would be missing issues that were integral to certain story arcs. For example if I wanted to read Annihilation it only had like 2/3 of the issues involved.

Of course it might be better now, but they'd need to prove to me that there was an improvement before I pay for it again.

They service itself is great conceptually. The reality is their web and app coding departments are completely shameful and make the entire experience more of a hassle than it's worth. Marvel Unlimited is the perfect subscription service for a guy like me, who is willing to wait six months to read new releases and appreciates the hefty backlog. They still managed to lose me after one year. I expect I'll be back at some point in the future when they figure things out or outsorce their coding to the Comixology folks.

180-ish. I'm not terribly interested in Reed, so I'm sure I'll be well over 400 by the time Starlord is out. HOW well over is gonna be the determining factor in if I'm willing to plop down 600 on GR. That and the fact that I hear he's still got some problems that keep him from being all that fun/good.

Reed is among the comic book characters that least interest me, but he actually looks amazing in this game. The skill art they've released has totally sold me on giving him a shot. It looks like Gaz is going with a less serious take on the character, which is spot-on how he needs to be treated in a game like this.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
omg best news ever from doomsaw

For the next big patch: (2-3 weeks, it probably won't be in the small patches)

FXAA is now in the graphics options

MLAA is now in the graphics options

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I had my MU subscription run out too, and I'd renew if the app wasn't so, so bad. It's slow, navigation sucks, often it loads the trial version and you have to reload the comic to get the full one, and the reading experience itself is subpar at best. It's basically fine if it's single pages, but it's horrible with spreads and its "smart paneling" isn't so smart.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
lol at no new bike for Alejandra, are you serious Gaz? no more Gs for you, bad Gaz!

Hopefully people are rightfuly angry on the forums...

Not only that but removing threads about her AND refusing to even so much as to give us a comment on her state

oops guess not

maybe putting her on live was a mistake / bug? she sounds unfinished reading other posts in the forum

Yeah, I had my MU subscription run out too, and I'd renew if the app wasn't so, so bad. It's slow, navigation sucks, often it loads the trial version and you have to reload the comic to get the full one, and the reading experience itself is subpar at best. It's basically fine if it's single pages, but it's horrible with spreads and its "smart paneling" isn't so smart.

Eh? Do you have an older tablet perhaps and have you gotten the latest version of MU? The newer version of the app runs fantastic on my nexus, it actually runs fast and better than their browser based version for desktops now.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Eh? Do you have an older tablet perhaps and have you gotten the latest version of MU? The newer version of the app runs fantastic on my nexus, it actually runs fast and better than their browser based version for desktops now.

My tablet is somewhat on the older side, I forget what it actually is, some kind of Asus. I haven't updated the app in a while, I'll check it out.

I only read on my Galaxy S4 and it works fine in vertical, single page mode. My only real complaint is that sometimes it doesn't load cover previews in the library, there's no way to really track what you've already read, and you can't do single page mode in landscape mode.

Top Bottom