• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

I only read on my Galaxy S4 and it works fine in vertical, single page mode. My only real complaint is that sometimes it doesn't load cover previews in the library, there's no way to really track what you've already read, and you can't do single page mode in landscape mode.

The front page home screen of the app at the bottom shows you what you have read recently, not exactly same thing but it's helpful for keeping track of following multiple series.

It runs great on my nexus 7, my GF I know has some issues with it on her ipad though.

Those of you with SG - spirit issues?

I'm looking at a Latveria Regalia/Adv. Latveria Regalia/Adv. Wundagore Clay/something else Artifact build, but do any of you run some spirit regen? Pama/Moonstone or something?

I find her out of spirit really quickly and her spirit regen hurts her in battle.

Carm

I was able to get a one time refund on that Ghost Rider enhanced costume. Same policy as Steam I guess, I'm sure they'd fix any other major problem though, even if this was a time thing. I think I'm gonna have to download that test center, to check out costumes from now on. I don't see it in the tools on Steam so guess I'll have to download direct.

KePoW

Banned
I was able to get a one time refund on that Ghost Rider enhanced costume. Same policy as Steam I guess, I'm sure they'd fix any other major problem though, even if this was a time thing.

Huh how did you get a refund for that? You told them the costume sucks or something??

Carm

Huh how did you get a refund for that? You told them the costume sucks or something??

Essentially yea, said I was disappointed and it was not what they initially showed at the con they were at awhile ago with new fire effects for the hair, not the right bike, actor sounded bored, only new animation was two emotes and one seemed unfinished.

Email

"Thank you for reaching out to us! I can provide a refund for your costume purchase, but please be aware that this is a one-time service. If you were to need a refund or replacement for an item purchased from the in-game store in the future, we may not be able to accommodate your request.

If you would still like a refund, please destroy the costume you have purchased. Once you have done this, let me know so that I can confirm that the item has been discarded and issue your refund to you."

Same response Valve gave me on a refund a couple of years ago on Two Worlds 2 and it not showing it had extra DRM on the store page.

KePoW

Banned
Essentially yea, said I was disappointed and it was not what they initially showed at the con they were at awhile ago with new fire effects for the hair, not the right bike, actor sounded bored, only new animation was two emotes and one seemed unfinished.

Email

"Thank you for reaching out to us! I can provide a refund for your costume purchase, but please be aware that this is a one-time service. If you were to need a refund or replacement for an item purchased from the in-game store in the future, we may not be able to accommodate your request.

If you would still like a refund, please destroy the costume you have purchased. Once you have done this, let me know so that I can confirm that the item has been discarded and issue your refund to you."

Same response Valve gave me on a refund a couple of years ago on Two Worlds 2 and it not showing it had extra DRM on the store page.

Wow! thx for the report, that's kinda krazy

Those of you with SG - spirit issues?

I'm looking at a Latveria Regalia/Adv. Latveria Regalia/Adv. Wundagore Clay/something else Artifact build, but do any of you run some spirit regen? Pama/Moonstone or something?

I find her out of spirit really quickly and her spirit regen hurts her in battle.

Raptor Stone would be the best choice for your last artifact. And to counter spirit issues, go with a basic attack focused build (or get yourself a good ol' Pym's Shrinking). I'm going to assume you're summoner based with your choice of artifacts, so max out Squirrel Saboteurs and use that as your main attack while supplementing with spirit spenders. Shotgun your Saboteurs from melee range for extra damage too.

Raptor Stone would be the best choice for your last artifact. And to counter spirit issues, go with a basic attack focused build (or get yourself a good ol' Pym's Shrinking). I'm going to assume you're summoner based with your choice of artifacts, so max out Squirrel Saboteurs and use that as your main attack while supplementing with spirit spenders. Shotgun your Saboteurs from melee range for extra damage too.

Thanks for the response.

I've read that the Raptor Stone is a good choice, but I've actually never seen one in ~500 hours, so I'm guessing they're pretty rare.

Summoner, yep! Seems the fun way to go for SG and I've picked Sinister Medallion for more summons.

Any reason you prefer Saboteurs over Friend?

Xevren

Thanks for the response.

I've read that the Raptor Stone is a good choice, but I've actually never seen one in ~500 hours, so I'm guessing they're pretty rare.

Summoner, yep! Seems the fun way to go for SG and I've picked Sinister Medallion for more summons.

Fairly certain I have a few wasting space, won't be able to log in until the weekend so if you want one and no one else hooks you up by then I'll try and get it to you.

Fairly certain I have a few wasting space, won't be able to log in until the weekend so if you want one and no one else hooks you up by then I'll try and get it to you.

Cheers mate, sounds good.

I'll ask my SG tonight, but if I don't have any luck I'll see if I can track you down on the weekend, timezones willing.

Lord Phol

Email

Thanks for this I'm going to do the same!
Wish I had gotten a refund for Two World 2 as well, what a piece of crap game :p.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Guessing I should just keep on what Ive got equipped?

Untitled.png
Unt2itled.png

EDIT: Are these both useful for Rocket? I imagine the crafting recipe may be.

Unt2itled.png
Untitled.png

Blank!

Cosmic gear tends to last longer than "purple" gear, but at such a low level it's really not going to make a difference. Best affix for leveling is "grant X skill" for a skill you've yet to unlock... if for no other reason than it's a preview if you'd like to spend power points in it or not.

The rune recipe is pretty bad. Seer's Brilliance is the one you want to go for leveling. Beast Master or God of Mischief are "end game" goals. River of Soul is the poor man's (but still excellent) choice when leveling is done.

Brevik's Cowbell is a rather bad artifact for most anyone. The uptime on the proc is far too low and the critical damage rating can be found elsewhere in higher #'s (mostly a Ziggeraut).

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Thanks for the response.

I actually got my first raptor stone yesterday! Not sure who I am going to end up throwing it on, though.

any info on Mr. Fantastic yet? Lego marvel made me a believer that he can be a great character in games (don't talk about them shitty movie games from a while back)

any info on Mr. Fantastic yet? Lego marvel made me a believer that he can be a great character in games (don't talk about them shitty movie games from a while back)

Have you seen any of the teased images yet? He looks pretty interesting. If I wasn't saving splinters for Star-Lord, he might be my next buy.

He is also going to be showcased at the Florida Supercon on July 5th, so some info should leak then. He could come any time this month.

Have you seen any of the teased images yet? He looks pretty interesting. If I wasn't saving splinters for Star-Lord, he might be my next buy.

He is also going to be showcased at the Florida Supercon on July 5th, so some info should leak then. He could come any time this month.

hmmmm yeah when you think of characters with abilities made for diablo style games, Fantastic is pretty much made for that lol. Curious if he has a good 1v1 skill.

Mupod

Guessing I should just keep on what Ive got equipped

from my experience, at very low levels equipment that grants higher leveled abilities is the way to go, since you get a chance to try them out plus they'll be relatively more powerful.

But once you're 25-30 or so you should have a lot of cosmic stuff on. Bugs me that I got lucky with a cosmic medal/ring from Doop on nightcrawler, but I'm playing taskmaster now and haven't been so lucky. Well, hopefully the new loot rotation is nice to me.

For runewords, I use the spirit regen/efficiency one (and the +100 xp one for leveling). My build is pretty much just pets and BFG, I drop everything then right click BFG in the general direction of enemies. I don't know if it's the most effective but I double/triple the damage of everyone I see in the holo-sim and I'm insanely survivable. So I like it.

Artifacts and medals - for a BFG/gravity mine build you want power radius and efficiency. If you ever find a power prism shard hold onto that bastard.

Lashley

from my experience, at very low levels equipment that grants higher leveled abilities is the way to go, since you get a chance to try them out plus they'll be relatively more powerful.

But once you're 25-30 or so you should have a lot of cosmic stuff on. Bugs me that I got lucky with a cosmic medal/ring from Doop on nightcrawler, but I'm playing taskmaster now and haven't been so lucky. Well, hopefully the new loot rotation is nice to me.

For runewords, I use the spirit regen/efficiency one (and the +100 xp one for leveling). My build is pretty much just pets and BFG, I drop everything then right click BFG in the general direction of enemies. I don't know if it's the most effective but I double/triple the damage of everyone I see in the holo-sim and I'm insanely survivable. So I like it.

Artifacts and medals - for a BFG/gravity mine build you want power radius and efficiency. If you ever find a power prism shard hold onto that bastard.

Cheers for your help.

Is there an auction house? And whats the point in credits?

Email

Ahh heck, I should've complained about Ms. Marvel's chase costume. I hated it so much I threw it in the blender.

As for the talk about low level items: the low levels fly by so quickly I just wear whatever gives me the most defense since I'll be at a new gear level in 20 minutes. Personally the most boring part of leveling to me is the first 30 levels since you don't have all of your skills. Sure at the 50s its much slower, but at least you're pretty much playing how you want to play at 60. Because of this I always use XP potions at the start. I can usually go 1-30 in 1 hour or less of xdef/terminals/lqs.

Lashley

It says to give this hotdog to a special events vendor. Where are they?

Also, should I keep unwanted cosmic items for later or donate em?

Volimar

In avengers tower, the special events vender is next to the enchanter, way to the right. But you'll need a lot of hotdogs to get the unique item.

Donate unwanted cosmics, you'll get more eventually.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

NPC is Clea. She is next to the enchanter NPC in both avengers tower and x mansion.

You have to collect 20 sets of ingredients (mustard, hotdog, ketchup, relish) and then go to the crafter and turn them into fully-loaded hotdogs. Then you take these super dogs and trade them into the silver robot lady for a hot dog cart unique.

It's never a bad idea to donate things...getting your crafter and enchanter leveled up is pretty important. Just don't donate things that you don't know about until you do (basically artifacts and uniques). Anything that is colored green, blue, purple or even cosmic (yellow) you can pretty safely donate until around level 50 when you want to start looking more carefully at cosmics (and hopefully you would have found some uniques to equip by then).

SmithnCo

Glad I got some ES boosts before they left the store again. The 'exploit' method to get more splinters takes forever but is like two hero boxes per boost probably.

Lashley

Glad I got some ES boosts before they left the store again. The 'exploit' method to get more splinters takes forever but is like two hero boxes per boost probably.

What is it?

Also, I got 250g for being rank 15. What can I get with that?

SmithnCo

What is it?

Also, I got 250g for being rank 15. What can I get with that?

The boost timer pauses in hubs, so you can set a timer for 8 minutes (after which you will be guaranteed to find splinters after a few enemy kills), wait in hub, go to midtown after the 8 minutes, get a boosted drop, repeat.

It takes forever though since the boosts are 3 hours, so you have to do a lot of idling. I'm just watching TV while waiting around in the hub.

Lashley

The boost timer pauses in hubs, so you can set a timer for 8 minutes (after which you will be guaranteed to find splinters after a few enemy kills), wait in hub, go to midtown after the 8 minutes, get a boosted drop, repeat.

It takes forever though since the boosts are 3 hours, so you have to do a lot of idling. I'm just watching TV while waiting around in the hub.

So, activate boost, stay in hub, count 8 minutes, kill few mobs for splinter, tele back to hub, repeat?

Sounds simple enough, if not a little mundane. What happens if you log out?

I've yet to come across any runes, how do I find them?

SmithnCo

So, activate boost, stay in hub, count 8 minutes, kill few mobs for splinter, tele back to hub, repeat?

Sounds simple enough, if not a little mundane. What happens if you log out?

I've yet to come across any runes, how do I find them?

It pauses when you logout too, thankfully. And yeah, it's pretty mundane, you can't do quests or anything unless you want the boost to run down.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
@Amthua and a few of us checked out the Odin Mark boosts for awhile to see what's up.

They are 100% working correctly from a tech standpoint, but the rate is significantly lower than we think is awesome. (We aren't comparing it to boosted events, but just in general we think it's too low).

So, we're going to:

Give everyone who bought them an extra one for each one they bought (next week after the patch)

Run the Odin's event again in the very near future, where they boosts are even more buff

Bring them back in the store, once we've buffed the rates to a reasonable amount even during non-event weeks

We have all the data we need to do this and it will be done next patch for sure.

Man having to stream this game onto my laptop with steam isn't the best way to play but it beats having to play with a broken ass monitor. Anybody else stream this game on Steam? What settings do you use?

KePoW

Banned
Man having to stream this game onto my laptop with steam isn't the best way to play but it beats having to play with a broken ass monitor. Anybody else stream this game on Steam? What settings do you use?

I heard the steam streaming thing is not very good in general.

(not that I blame them, I don't see how any real-time streaming service would be good)

Top Bottom