• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

rogue looks great
day 1 buy

in other news ive started reading Uncanny Avengers
i honestly believe once Eric find out what Red Skull did to his best friend his powers are going to explosively reawaken and Red Skull will get the mother of all Curbstomps alongside Cap and company

Finally some Thor costumes I would like to use. And while I wasn't too hot on the idea of getting the Mar-Vell costume, I'm starting to warm up to it. Keaton's performance could push me over.

For anyone curious, this is the shirt they were giving out:
a3PTsqW.jpg

Yh2POl2.jpg

GManDH

Here it is. Sorry for so many videos but apparently the camera got really hot and shut down. Also if anyone lives in South FL, and wants to play the game together let me know. PM me and we can hang out.

MY VIDEOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoXGquONDRc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28_btdX8uZ0&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL32FFITuiU&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtf9GZ34mJw&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6A6dPvJTPg&feature=youtu.be

Just started this game a few days ago...and things got out of hand and I bought like 6 heroes. Now I don't know who to play on my first run.

Started with Human torch

I bought:
Rocket raccoon
Emma frost
Taskmaster
Psylocke
Ms marvel
Scarlet witch

I can't make my mind up :/

Can't wait for nova & starlord

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
DAT ROGUE

Like Ultimate Thor as well, bigger hammer is always better! That means they pretty much have to redo some of the animations, I assume.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
but Gambit as Death is already in the game, why are they showing it?

Captain Marvel is expected but disapointing, I was hoping it was the blue faced, white haired guy, and who's the lady thor supposed to be?

KePoW

Banned
Here it is. Sorry for so many videos but apparently the camera got really hot and shut down. Also if anyone lives in South FL, and wants to play the game together let me know. PM me and we can hang out.

MY VIDEOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoXGquONDRc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28_btdX8uZ0&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL32FFITuiU&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtf9GZ34mJw&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6A6dPvJTPg&feature=youtu.be

Cool thx for the videos pal

Lord Phol

Ultimate Thor looks pretty rad, been looking for a good costume without the stiff cape. It would be neat if he used the two handed hammer but I've learned not to trust previews/renders. It will most likely just end up on his back which is a shame. If they DO decide to make new animations with the hammer for him I would be pleasently suprised.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Just started this game a few days ago...and things got out of hand and I bought like 6 heroes. Now I don't know who to play on my first run.

Started with Human torch

I bought:
Rocket raccoon
Emma frost
Taskmaster
Psylocke
Ms marvel
Scarlet witch

I can't make my mind up :/

Can't wait for nova & starlord

People love Taskmaster, RR is my only hero atm and I enjoy him.

These last few hours would have been perfect for me to play some Marvel Heroes, but Midtown's spawns have been busted the entire time. It's practically a ghost town.

Dec

These last few hours would have been perfect for me to play some Marvel Heroes, but Midtown's spawns have been busted the entire time. It's practically a ghost town.

It's been really bad. For me it isn't about finding an instance that isn't bugged, it's about finding the instance will the least amount of bugged spawns and hoping you can get a party going.

KePoW

Banned
It's been really bad. For me it isn't about finding an instance that isn't bugged, it's about finding the instance will the least amount of bugged spawns and hoping you can get a party going.

If you get in a non-bugged instance it's still perfectly fine. The problem is finding one, because there are definitely a lot of bugged instances still.

But a GAF clanmate invited me to a non-bugged one in the 55-59 tier last night, and everything was spawning fast and normal.

Yep, I joined Kepow in a "good" game after tons of bad luck last night. There was one that was exclusively Maggia dons and the bosses when they would spawn. Awful.

Sblargh

Banned
I can't stop playing this game. Damn.

Got to 60: Dr. Strange / Emma Frost / Daredevil

They all seem to be handling themselves well, but I think I prefer to play as Strange. I just have to remember not to suck and move when needed, haha. Temptation to just stay in one place doing AoE is too big.

FeD.nL

They all seem to be handling themselves well, but I think I prefer to play as Strange. I just have to remember not to suck and move when needed, haha. Temptation to just stay in one place doing AoE is too big.

I played a couple of hours last summer. Decided to buy Gambit during the steam sale last week, clocked 60 hours played this week, can't remenber the last time that has happened. The game is so good and improved so much.

Gambit is now 60 and started Cyclops. Optic Devestation is such a fun, powerful ability to use. Think i'll level Dr. Strange next seeing your post :).

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Be good if there was a DC equivalent of this too, I'd love to play as Bats. Infinite Crisis will have to do.

I have four levels 60s and another one very close. Dr. Strange, Captain America, Daredevil, and the Punisher.

Strange towers over the other three so much it's not even funny. Daredevil might be able to crank out approximately the same single target DPS, or at least something close to it. But Strange does that amount of damage consistently to everything on the screen, has insane mobility, and he's very survivable as long as you keep his shield, reflect, clones, self-healing damage over time spell up, and astral focus ability when stuff really hits the fan.

Strange is the most complicated and active character I've played in the game out of the 15 or so characters I've tried until their mid-20s. The fact that he basically requires you to hack the .ini and add a second toolbar option to fit all his abilities in is mind-blowing. Sure, a bit of that is AOE incantation bloat, but every single ability of his is useful. Spamming his incantations is always a good tactic, but so is looking at the situation closely and knowing when to bust out certain abilities.

The main problem I have with Strange is he makes the rest of my roster seem almost boring by comparison. My goal was to level basically everyone up to 60 slowly over time, or at least get enough to that level to activate the 200% XP synergy bonus. And yet I find it difficult to play other characters after "maining" Strange. Daredevil and the Punisher are my two favorite comic characters and were a blast to play, but going back to them after playing Strange is a tough trade off. I constantly find myself thinking, "This would be so much easier/faster on the Doctor." I'm 95% convinced I should just start prestiging him and forget about the rest for the time being.

Gaz outdid themselves with him. Maybe I should give Silver Surfer a shot next. They seem to have really nailed it with the last handful of characters.

Sblargh

Banned
I have four levels 60s and another one very close. Dr. Strange, Captain America, Daredevil, and the Punisher.

Strange towers over the other three so much it's not even funny. Daredevil might be able to crank out approximately the same single target DPS, or at least something close to it. But Strange does that amount of damage consistently to everything on the screen, has insane mobility, and he's very survivable as long as you keep his shield, reflect, clones, self-healing damage over time spell up, and astral focus ability when stuff really hits the fan.

Strange is the most complicated and active character I've played in the game out of the 15 or so characters I've tried until their mid-20s. The fact that he basically requires you to hack the .ini and add a second toolbar option to fit all his abilities in is mind-blowing. Sure, a bit of that is AOE incantation bloat, but every single ability of his is useful. Spamming his incantations is always a good tactic, but so is looking at the situation closely and knowing when to bust out certain abilities.

The main problem I have with Strange is he makes the rest of my roster seem almost boring by comparison. My goal was to level basically everyone up to 60 slowly over time, or at least get enough to that level to activate the 200% XP synergy bonus. And yet I find it difficult to play other characters after "maining" Strange. Daredevil and the Punisher are my two favorite comic characters and were a blast to play, but going back to them after playing Strange is a tough trade off. I constantly find myself thinking, "This would be so much easier/faster on the Doctor." I'm 95% convinced I should just start prestiging him and forget about the rest for the time being.

Gaz outdid themselves with him. Maybe I should give Silver Surfer a shot next. They seem to have really nailed it with the last handful of characters.

I'm on a bit of "don't want to play another character" too. Haha.
What I did in order to not hack the .ini is that I set the second toolbar hotkey to "z" and the first to "x"; so when I need to astral form, for example, I do "z", right click, "x" to go back to main toolbar. With a bit of practice it goes without a problem.

Speaking of survivability, I don't if it's my builds that tend to go this way (it could be because I do like health regen), but my three characters are actually kind of squishy, but they go back to full health really fast. So as long as stuff is not killing me in two seconds, I'm usually safe.

I'm on a bit of "don't want to play another character" too. Haha.
What I did in order to not hack the .ini is that I set the second toolbar hotkey to "z" and the first to "x"; so when I need to astral form, for example, I do "z", right click, "x" to go back to main toolbar. With a bit of practice it goes without a problem.

Seems like a very reasonable work around. I think at this point I'm too comfortable with my shift modifier to swap over, at least until the game adds multi-toolbar support like they've promised.

Dec

With the incantations I use I absolutely can't play Strange at his best without the extra bar ini edit. There are gaps in the rotation where every incantation on my main bar is on cooldown and I don't have any basics or toggles on the main bar.

Keybinds are mainbar, asdfzx and qwer activate an additional 4 abilities on my second bar.

Xenocthul

but Gambit as Death is already in the game, why are they showing it?

Captain Marvel is expected but disapointing, I was hoping it was the blue faced, white haired guy, and who's the lady thor supposed to be?

I'm pretty sure Gambit's Death costume has only been released to Advance Pack owners and isn't coming out for everyone else for another 1-2 weeks. The female Thor is Earth X Thor.

Sblargh

Banned
I don't like Earth X; nothing about it. It is depression in the form of a comic book. Can't the future of the Marvel Universe not be horrible?

Xenocthul

I can't wait until the Captain Marvel costume is released. It looks great so far.

haha yeah, I don't know the story behind Earth X Thor at all, but it doesn't look very cool...

Odin(with some helpful manipulation by Loki) changed Thor's gender one day as a way to teach Thor a lesson in humility.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is that Days from the Future line? haven't read it myself but looks familiar

Days of Future Past, and its not a line, its 1 issue. For as famous as the story is, its just that, 1 issue

The Midtown Manhattan ghost town thing is getting really annoying.

Leveled up an Invisible Woman and Luke Cage to 32 and 34 respectively on the weekend, and I'd say 2 in 3 MM's I visited through the level brackets was bugged in some way. From complete ghost town (with just the odd solo Maggia Capo) to a really low mob spawn rate (maybe one per city block).

Thankfully when I jumped in late yesterday to do some level 60 runs while MM was boosted, the instance I was in was running at 100% - and it's almost a bloody shock to the system to see just how populated it can be.

Getting costly too now, having to reroll MM LQs all the time. They're just impossible to complete when you have a bugged instance.

It's a sad thing when you reach max level with Strange. You realize that, once you get him geared out, it doesn't matter how much better designed and more fun he is than every other hero in the game, you're going to get bored with him. It's just the nature of an aRPG. Then you try to play other heroes and you don't enjoy them as much because they are nowhere near as fun to play as he was. So you don't want to play Strange anymore, and you don't feel like playing other heroes anymore either, and you just kind of lose your desire to play.

SS is fine, but he's clunky right now, mostly due to exorbitant animation times on many of his skills and the bug where deconstruction and reconstruction don't properly reduce their cooldowns. You need them up all the time to maintain your PC, but you have to stop using your only good single target skill (EMF) to do everything else, including recasting decon/recon. He just doesn't flow as well as Strange's incantation spam. He plays more like Strange does with a Fangs build, layering DoTs and using an exclusively single target spell. Only EMF has a way longer ramp up than Fangs and all of his other skills have REALLY annoying animation times.

Top Bottom