• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

KePoW

Banned
Captain Britain and Black Knight seem very likely down the line - both have been Avengers, both have a small fan following (even if it's indirectly through Avengers). But I don't think we'll ever see Gatecrasher, Morgan le Fey or Mad Jim Jaspers, as sad as it is, because it's just such a unique and cool part of the MU. I really would love to get Otherworld as a region, too.

I'd be down for Morgan le Fay. I always like hot female characters =P

Xetherion

Red, venting is fine, but the way you vented you came off as an elitist asshole who sneered at any marvel fans who don't read comics. Glad to hear that's not actually the case. It also seemed like you were against some of the popular characters ever being added as playable. Now that you've posted your positions clearly, I agree with them (except I liked the 90's shows). I still think you exaggerate the amount of complainers on the forums, but like I said I don't pay attention to the complainers in the first place. It sounds like you should do the same, and avoid all that frustration.

If we get a sorceress villain, I think it's more likely we'll see Enchantress, Hela, Selene, or perhaps even Satana or Deadpool's new wife (her name escapes me) before seeing Morgan.
You're reminding me of all the awesome but less well known corners of the Marvel Universe. Satana, Son of Satan, Hellcat, all the supernatural/occult characters. Now I'm wanting a Doctor Voodoo enhanced costume for Dr. Strange haha.

You're reminding me of all the awesome but less well known corners of the Marvel Universe. Satana, Son of Satan, Hellcat, all the supernatural/occult characters. Now I'm wanting a Doctor Voodoo enhanced costume for Dr. Strange haha.

I hope they don't make Brother Voodoo a costume for Strange. It would just not work, in my opinion - Voodoo's powers are much different to Strange's (even when Voodoo was the Sorcerer supreme). Voodoo's kit would make much more sense as a mixture between Luke Cage's single pet (he'd get his brother), but also Strange's and Loki's projection trees, along with his fire and voodoo-based magic. Plus they could give him some melee attacks with his staff to differentiate him further from Strange.
But a Doctor Druid costume for Strange... now we'd be talking.

But yeah, the supernatural corner of Marvel always was one of my favorite parts (along with cosmic). I love the aspects of magic and deities and demons. I also would love to see the Midnight Sons beyond Blade - Werewolf by Night and Man-Thing in particular could be incredibly fun in this game, same with the Hellstrom siblings. I also wanna beat the bums of Mordo, Dracula and the likes.

See, this kind of stuff makes me really giddy... but alas, it's not very popular, so the chances for us getting content on this corner of the MU are very slim (beyond getting maybe Dormammu to beat up). It's guaranteed we'll get to fight more symbiotes or semi-obscure X-Men villains like Mojo probably years before we'll get to fight Mordo or Technet (if at all) or play as Brother Voodoo.

ev0

With the Dr Strange movie and new comic series coming it's more possible now than ever that you might see more of that stuff get into the game. Especially if they try to tie some stuff into the film.

All this talk reminds me of a thread I read on cheapassgamer recently where this guy was saying how Lego Marvel sucked and it's story was garbage because it was about Iron Man and these other guys he knew nothing about (Thor, Cap - yes he knew almost nothing about them. He did eventually admit kinda that he must be living under a rock). And how it was crazy that Beast was only in it for 5 mins in one level and the X-Men weren't the stars. This guy is exactly the person that Red is talking about heh.

Well this is worrisome. I'm sitting here refreshing my inbox and spam folder for this Raptr verification e-mail but it isn't coming. The codes have been "almost gone" for a while now, so I could be screwed any minute now.

Sadly I'm not in a valid country to get that pack. Almost all of Western Europe is covered, but as usual, Austria is not. :/

Might see Mordo as an enhanced costume for Strange (or the Ancient One perhaps)

If we get outright bad villains as costumes for playable characters (since so far the playable villains follow the "redeeming qualities" path, which Mordo wouldn't), then I guess Mordo would be a possibility.
Ancient One I think would be best served as an NPC to talk to through an artifact... I'm not sure how I'd feel about an Ancient One costume. He's kinda this mentor guy to Strange, who sacrificed himself so Strange could unlock his full power and become Sorcerer Supreme. Wouldn't "feel right" to have him run around Manhattan and beat up Hydra goons, y'know what I mean?
There's a few options for other, more fitting enhanced suits for Strange - Clea, Rintrah, Doctor Druid, Mordred the Mystic, and of course the various forms Strange has taken.

If they ever add Son of Satan, he needs to have a Howard the Duck enhanced costume.
duck%2B11.JPG
Oh yes, now we're talkin'
about things that'll never happen

dot

Can i get an invite to the supergroup or whatever?

ID is dotscene

Finally got around to opening my hero boxes and got Storm, Black Widow dupe, Wolverine, and Ms. Marvel. Was hoping for Spidey since he's my favorite super hero. :(

sophora

Damn, missed the Raptr boxes. Oh well, got a pretty good roster anyway. Could I get an invite to the supergroup as well? ID is: grayscaleWaterfall

LuuKyK

Reed is up on Test Center.

After playing him for a bit I have to say that I am genuinely surprised at how much I like him. They did an amazing job with his powers imo. He seems to be lots of fun to play.

There are some crazy animations going on for him. Probably one of the best animated heroes in the game.

Reed is up on Test Center.

After playing him for a bit I have to say that I am genuinely surprised at how much I like him. They did an amazing job with his powers imo. He seems to be lots of fun to play.

There are some crazy animations going on for him. Probably one of the best animated heroes in the game.

I don't have the Test Center, but I'm very eagerly awaiting him in the live version. Which is odd because I don't give a crap about the comic book character, but I imagine his powers will translate very well in game.

Can't wait.

Got Ms. Marvel from the Raptr giveaway, missed the earlier one.

Pretty happy with an upgrade for Ms. Marvel's Ultimate as I really enjoyed using her and loooove that Ult.

Indignate

Can i get an invite to the supergroup or whatever?

ID is dotscene

Finally got around to opening my hero boxes and got Storm, Black Widow dupe, Wolverine, and Ms. Marvel. Was hoping for Spidey since he's my favorite super hero. :(

I got Spidey in a random box.

But I paid for Ms. Marvel so you can have that one.

You should have just told me to invite you it's not like we're not friends.

FeD.nL

Ugh, missed them both.

Is there a GAF supergroup btw?

Really enjoying Gambit at 60 atm, some sort of hybrid build currently. Got Cyke up to 56 so will finish him to 60 today and then i'll start with a new one, probably NC.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Got some decent drops today, got my first Unique and reached lvl 21 so got my legendary quest to do also

Sblargh

Banned
Hey, since all events are over for now, I'm wondering if we could get a raid group this weekend? Just to test the waters, no pressure.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a working man! I don't have time to be checking reddit all day

That link was exactly what I hoped it'd be :3 Not the hugest Rush fan ever (I appreciate them more casually), but big on prog.

I'm up for a raid, but only if everyone has good gear, a Legendary and full blessings. DPS requirements are really strict and you're just not gonna make it without top gear.

Sblargh

Banned
That link was exactly what I hoped it'd be :3 Not the hugest Rush fan ever (I appreciate them more casually), but big on prog.

I'm up for a raid, but only if everyone has good gear, a Legendary and full blessings. DPS requirements are really strict and you're just not gonna make it without top gear.

Hum, my DD has all his uniques and good artifacts, but no blessings.

Hey, since all events are over for now, I'm wondering if we could get a raid group this weekend? Just to test the waters, no pressure.

I would also be up for testing out a raid. I have two characters that are geared enough to give it a go: Dr. Strange and Daredevil. Both have full uniques, legendaries, and decent artifacts. I am lacking blessings still, but that's largely because I haven't settled on a "main" and don't want to blow a ton of Odin marks before I do so.

I'd be in probably. Got my new monitor so I can play without my gaming looking like a Jack Kirby magenta and cyan infused nightmare. I've got a pretty heavily geared Moon Knight who has an almost maxed legendary and a couple of Helas on artifacts.

KePoW

Banned

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not??

I thought the whole point of GAF guild is to be casual and laidback fun with buddiez, not some hardcore progression guild lol

I thought the whole point of GAF guild is to be casual and laidback fun with buddiez, not some hardcore progression guild lol

It's unfortunately just the reality of the raid at this point. It is impossible to down anything without the best gear and dps at this point. Maybe when it comes out of beta and there are two raid difficulties it will be a different story.

M.J. Doja

Banned

Assume he's just letting everybody know from personal experience and collective knowledge that raids are too tough with gear under a certain standard, at least too difficult to be of any enjoyment to anybody.

.. and hopefully not just being elitist/hardcore/sarcastic and whatnot.

It's very possible that he was being sincere.

KePoW

Banned
It's unfortunately just the reality of the raid at this point. It is impossible to down anything without the best gear and dps at this point. Maybe when it comes out of beta and there are two raid difficulties it will be a different story.

I've never tried it before at all. But it would be fun to just try it with GAF friends in a laid-back way, we don't have to beat it or anything

Top Bottom