• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

When did you start playing? Adv. SSS used to drop very frequently last year to the point where I threw one on every character I leveled, donated a bunch, and still to this day have some 10-15 sitting in my bank. They had to have changed the droprate on them sometime earlier this year though because they've become noticeably more rare.

Not seriously until earlier this year, so that would probably explain it. Bummer.

Hope they do boost weekends or something one day.

Max Ultimate? lol does anyone even have it that high, or what's the max anyway?

I own every character in the game, and my highest Ultimate I think is only 6

20 is max.

LuuKyK

God I hate Psylocke.

ibkuxFUaOd2k4e.gif

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Journey into Mystery is really good and it sums up all you need to know about Fear Itself. My advice is to get Marvel Unlimited since it has a HUGE back catalog. You can either check it out for a month for like 10 bucks or you can wait for Comic Con when they will probably have some kind of promotional deal.

Yes god yes read Journey into Mystery, it's so funny and well-written. Kid Loki is just the best. And Thori <3

I also strongly recommend Fraction's Hawkeye, it's really something else. Thor: God of Thunder is pretty rad, too.

Blank!

Wow a lot of you actually have it maxed?? datz krazy!!

20 is the max you can put (spend) points into, but it's supposed to go higher than that with certain items/runewords (well just runewords for now, but their were test items floating around with +1 ultimate on them). Pretty sure it's bugged atm though.

Thinking about trying out Emma her skill trees look interesting enough. Not sure how I feel about minion doing all the work without the ability to control minion skills. Her signature looks hilarious in an awesome way. Also helps that despite the shit she gets I think Emma is one of the better characters in the comics (Unfortunately most people who don't read them only see her as a whore because of her clothing...which is a dumb argument to present but when I digress).

Sorry for dropping truth bombs; at least you can laugh at it to cheer yourself up. :)

Lord Phol

The closer we are getting to a Nova release the more my anticipation is turning into anxiety. All this talk about him being super movement power focused; what if I end up not enjoying him D:. I can see why that makes sense from a lore perspective (though he's done plenty of up-front fighting, beam shooting and other stuff as well) but I just don't feel like movement power builds work all that great in this kind of game. Just spamming an ability that makes you dash back and forth (like Silver Surfer) across the screen doesn't offer that much variety or satisfaction to me in gameplay. Neither does just holding down one button to turn into a walking death machine (Ghost Riders Ride, Colossus Siberian Express).

Sure there are plenty of other heroes I can look forward to, but it would suck not to be able to enjoy your absolute favorite. I've seen others have their anticipation turning into dissapointment when their favorite hero joins the line-up (Susan for example). While others couldn't be happier with theirs (Dr.Strange). There's not really much to go on atm, but I'm biting my nails over here as we are getting closer and closer to Novas release. Please be awesome!

KePoW

Banned
The closer we are getting to a Nova release the more my anticipation is turning into anxiety. All this talks about him being super movement power focused; what if I end up not enjoying him D:. I can see why that makes sense from a lore perspective (though he's done plenty of up-front fighting, beam shooting and other stuff as well) but I just don't feel like movement power builds work all that great in this kind of game. Just spamming an ability that makes you dash back and forth (like Silver Surfer) across the screen doesn't offer that much variety or satisfaction to me in gameplay. Neither does just holding down one button to turn into a walking death machine (Ghost Riders Ride, Colossus Siberian Express).

Sure there are plenty of other heroes I can look forward to, but it would suck not to be able to enjoy your absolute favorite. I've seen others have their anticipation turning into dissapointment when their favorite hero joins the line-up (Susan for example). While others couldn't be happier with theirs (Dr.Strange). There's not really much to go on atm, but I'm biting my nails over here as we are getting closer and closer to Novas release. Please be awesome!

KID NOVA

The closer we are getting to a Nova release the more my anticipation is turning into anxiety. All this talk about him being super movement power focused; what if I end up not enjoying him D:. I can see why that makes sense from a lore perspective (though he's done plenty of up-front fighting, beam shooting and other stuff as well) but I just don't feel like movement power builds work all that great in this kind of game. Just spamming an ability that makes you dash back and forth (like Silver Surfer) across the screen doesn't offer that much variety or satisfaction to me in gameplay. Neither does just holding down one button to turn into a walking death machine (Ghost Riders Ride, Colossus Siberian Express).

What makes you think it'll be just one button? SS's movement build has quite a lot of active buttons. You'll have other build options anyway.

Lord Phol

What makes you think it'll be just one button? SS's movement build has quite a lot of active buttons. You'll have other build options anyway.

You're right that there's more to a Silver Surfer movement focused build than just spamming one button (perhaps not the best example) But there's still alot of janking back and forth with the board, which just doesn't sit well with me. I understand that different people enjoy different playstyles and powers, so I'm not saying he shouldn't get something like that. I just hope there are ways for me to enjoy him as well.

login rewards start the 12th(implemented in tomorrows patch)

here is the final reward list

Day 1 - Welcome Kit: Stack of Medkits, Retcon, and Speed Boost Potion

Day 2 - Experience Boost Kit - Case of EXP orbs for use on any hero + EXP Boost Potion

Day 3 - Case of Eternity Splinters (Unspecified amount, previously was 25; could be less as day 10 is 10 splinters)

Day 4 - Special Item Boost Kit - Case of random relics + SiF Boost Potion

Day 5 - Credit Support Kit - 20,000+ credits + Credit Find Potion

Day 6 - Artifact Hunter's Kit - Random Artifact + RiF Boost Potion

Day 7 - Crafter Support Kit - Unstable Molecule + Matrix of Unbinding

Day 8 - Runeword Kit - Uru-Forged + 2 runes (likely the armor and the year+lake enchant)

Day 10 - 10 Eternity Splinters

Day 12 - EXP Orb Case

Day 14 - Unstable Molecule

Day 20 - 10 Eternity Splinters

Day 22 - EXP Orb Case

Day 24 - Unstable Molecule

Day 25 - Rush Energy Bar Pack - 1 each RiF/SiF/EXP Boost Bar (100%)

Day 30 - 10 Eternity Splinters

Day 32 - EXP Orb Case

Day 33 - Bacon-Wrapped Hot Pepper (Artifact)

Day 34 - Unstable Molecule

Day 40 - 10 Eternity Splinters

Day 42 - Brevik's Cowbell (Artifact)

Day 50 - 10 Eternity Splinters

Day 60 - 50 Eternity Splinters

Day 66 - Ryolnir's Beard (Artifact)

Day 70 - 50 Cube Shards

Day 80 - 50 Odin Marks

Day 99 - The Doomsaw (Artifact)

Day 100 - EXCLUSIVE Vanity Pet

Day 200 - Random Hero Token + EXCLUSIVE Team-Up Hero Variant

Day 365 - Marvel Heroes Birthday Cake

Day 400 - EXCLUSIVE Vanity Pet Variant

Day 500 - Random Hero Token

Day 900 - Random Hero Token

Day 1200 - Random Hero Token

Day 1500 - Random Hero Token

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so you just have to login once for those rewards, is that it?

if so I need to remember doing that even if im not playing atm

I'm probably never going to be able to login regularly enough to keep up those rewards, but I'm sure I could manage a couple weeks at a time (before a weekend away, or whatever stops me).

I'm perfectly happy with the rewards up to that point as well. So it looks good to me.

Rest of the list - I can't imagine logging in consistently enough to get all the rewards (1500 days lol) but still, pretty generous list and they've done a great job with it. Good luck to everyone who will get them all eventually too.

Got my Rocket Raccoon to 30 last night. I'm really liking him so far! Seems to do a hell of a lot of damage without actually doing much himself; I love the turrets, Groot and his passives. Throw Big Flarkin' Gun on top of that and he's a real ball to play. As some have said, simple gameplay - he's a bit like Cyclops in that he has like one or two actual powers, but just like Cyk, they're pretty damn rewarding and effective too.

Hopefully have him to 60 over the weekend. Already feels like a character I'll play again for a Prestige level or two when he gets that upcoming 52 review.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I'm probably never going to be able to login regularly enough to keep up those rewards, but I'm sure I could manage a couple weeks at a time (before a weekend away, or whatever stops me).

I'm perfectly happy with the rewards up to that point as well. So it looks good to me.

Rest of the list - I can't imagine logging in consistently enough to get all the rewards (1500 days lol) but still, pretty generous list and they've done a great job with it. Good luck to everyone who will get them all eventually too.

Got my Rocket Raccoon to 30 last night. I'm really liking him so far! Seems to do a hell of a lot of damage without actually doing much himself; I love the turrets, Groot and his passives. Throw Big Flarkin' Gun on top of that and he's a real ball to play. As some have said, simple gameplay - he's a bit like Cyclops in that he has like one or two actual powers, but just like Cyk, they're pretty damn rewarding and effective too.

Hopefully have him to 60 over the weekend. Already feels like a character I'll play again for a Prestige level or two when he gets that upcoming 52 review.

How do you level so quick? 15 hours in and just level 23

How do you level so quick? 15 hours in and just level 23

Synergy XP bonus.

Each character you level up gives you a bonus to XP earned.

You can find your Synergy XP stat in the character stats tab - if it's your first character, you're getting no Synergy XP. I'm getting 200% (hit the cap) as I have nearly all the characters to 60 now.

I also have Cyclops' Synergy bonus active which is good for another 10% XP bonus.

Additionally, XP boosts/boons can increase that. I use them once I hit level 40 or so, just to make the last bigger levels go quicker, as well as to make better use of the larger XP pool rewards from LQs.

You just playing story mode? It's the slowest way to get XP too I think. I play Xdef to 20 (and fool around in MM while I'm waiting for match queue) and then purely Legendary Quests from 20 to 60. Very quick.

Also consider getting yourself a Mole Man Medallion as it can offer an extra 5-10% XP bonus while you're leveling (Upper East Side waypoint, look around for the instance).

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Synergy XP bonus.

Each character you level up gives you a bonus to XP earned.

You can find your Synergy XP stat in the character stats tab - if it's your first character, you're getting no Synergy XP. I'm getting 200% (hit the cap) as I have nearly all the characters to 60 now.

I also have Cyclops' Synergy bonus active which is good for another 10% XP bonus.

Additionally, XP boosts/boons can increase that. I use them once I hit level 40 or so, just to make the last bigger levels go quicker, as well as to make better use of the larger XP pool rewards from LQs.

You just playing story mode? It's the slowest way to get XP too I think. I play Xdef to 20 (and fool around in MM while I'm waiting for match queue) and then purely Legendary Quests from 20 to 60. Very quick.

Also consider getting yourself a Mole Man Medallion as it can offer an extra 5-10% XP bonus while you're leveling.

Yeah story atm, did my first legendary quest earlier, thanks for the info though

Yeah story atm, did my first legendary quest earlier, thanks for the info though

I did the story mode with my first few characters.

Back on launch when I only had Hawkeye, I stuck to story mode until Superheroic! It was even slower back then too.

Nowadays, I only do Story Mode content for the bonuses (+SP/XP boosts etc) and only on characters I like or know I'll play again.

All adds up to a pretty good patch tonight.

Mr. Fantastic will launch tomorrow.

Login Rewards will launch tomorrow.

ARMOR Drives will be dropping for the next week. A new item will be in the patch tomorrow to spend them on.

We will be hosting a 100% SIF, RIF and EXP boost from Friday (when patch is applied) to midnight PST Tuesday night.

with Reed being released super early, i expect Starlord will be as well(2nd to last week of July maybe) which leaves Rogue for early August =P

Wat. He was originally scheduled for the end of June before getting pushed back a bunch.

We will be hosting a 100% SIF, RIF and EXP boost from Friday (when patch is applied) to midnight PST Tuesday night.

100% SIF, RIF and EXP

thefountain.gif

Top Bottom