• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

You are a monster.

I hate Quitely. He's worse than Greg Land. Dude is seriously one of the worst mainstream comic artists today. He draws the worst, most inhuman, generic, garbage faces in the business. It's irrational that anyone likes, much less respects him as a great artist. He sucks.

Didn't you guys know that Catwoman is just Lex Luthor wearing a mask?
K6GL0ON.jpg

eKLH9t8.jpg

His X-Men are even worse. Potato head lumps. Wolverine looks like Professor X. Nobody looks human.

Jean Grey and Emma Frost are the exact same person in a slightly different outfit...IN THE SAME SCENE.

Go home, Quitely, you're drunk.

Uthred

I hate Quitely. He's worse than Greg Land. Dude is seriously one of the worst mainstream comic artists today. He draws the worst, most inhuman, generic, garbage faces in the business. It's irrational that anyone likes, much less respects him as a great artist. He sucks.

Totally agree, his run on New X-Men was laughably bad for huge swathes of it

Carm

Is Mr. Fantastic's Future Foundation costume in the comic suppose to be slightly different than the other FF costumes for Thing,Spider-Man, IW and Doom? Checking it out in game it seems the other 3 characters FF costumes are less detailed. I see the octagonal pattern in the white on Reed's but not theirs.

Didn't you guys know that Catwoman is just Lex Luthor wearing a mask?

His X-Men are even worse. Potato head lumps. Wolverine looks like Professor X. Nobody looks human.

Jean Grey and Emma Frost are the exact same person in a slightly different outfit...IN THE SAME SCENE.

Go home, Quitely, you're drunk.

This, god Quitely is horrible I don't understand his fan base saying he's one of the greatest.

Totally agree, his run on New X-Men was laughably bad for huge swathes of it

good god that art is horrible

This, god Quitely is horrible I don't understand his fan base saying he's one of the greatest.

Dude polled as the SECOND GREATEST COMIC ARTIST OF ALL-TIME. There aren't enough LOLs in the world for me to handle that.

He's terrible, but if you dare bring it up on comics GAF you will set off a ten page war. People are so defensive of his trash. If you point out that your best friend back in fifth grade could draw better, they'll start making all these arguments about his motion, framing, storytelling, etc. Completely ignoring the fact that the actual artwork is garbage.

Lord Phol

Yisch! That art is all kinds of horrible. The majority of people really don't have good taste if they can vote for that trash, makes me sad.

Drayco21

Is Mr. Fantastic's Future Foundation costume in the comic suppose to be slightly different than the other FF costumes for Thing,Spider-Man, IW and Doom? Checking it out in game it seems the other 3 characters FF costumes are less detailed. I see the octagonal pattern in the white on Reed's but not theirs.

Each of the costumes have their differences. They're pretty accurate though.

Dr. Strange is good when it's (wait for it) strange!

I didn't like Bendis take on him (Bendis has this thing where he removes a portion of every character's personality so they can talk to each other a lot), but 2012 defenders was secretly one of the best books around. Weird, convoluted and involved Dr. Strange almost breaking reality by accident, as he should.

Hey just wanted to say thanks for the book recommendation. Just finished volume 1 last night and liked it a lot. Can't wait to break open the second book.

Dec

I haven't seen Reed's in game yet but he seems to be talking about the white parts of Reed's costume to have a hex grid pattern very faint, where the others are solid white. Looks like that detail isn't in the comic costumes but added for extra detail here?

They could go back and touch up the other ones though.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Okay I'll eat crow, what you posted is garbage. BUT he's also done some amazing work. All-Star Superman? We3?

Drayco21

I haven't seen Reed's in game yet but he seems to be talking about the white parts of Reed's costume to have a hex grid pattern very faint, where the others are solid white. Looks like that detail isn't in the comic costumes but added for extra detail here?

They could go back and touch up the other ones though.

Huh. I guess I play on too low a graphic setting to see them on the in-game model, that's a really weird addition.

Carm

Yea, I think you misunderstood what I meant, my bad for not having examples. These are all 4 Future Foundation costumes in game currently. It's clear Reeds is different, and I haven't read the comics with FF so I wasn't sure if the others should have the octagonal hexagonal pattern on all the white.

Okay I'll eat crow, what you posted is garbage. BUT he's also done some amazing work. All-Star Superman? We3?

Wait, what? You realize that the artwork in All-Star Superman is awful, right? It's the worst. The story might be one of the best ever, but I can't even finish it since it's so off-putting.

I'm not familiar with We3. Is that the dog story? Maybe he can draw dogs. He definitely can't draw humans.

Vecks

Cool, in game name is "Valkerion" `

I don't know if it's a problem on my end, but can't seem to invite you. It's not giving me any kind of message at all. Does your name have a special kind of spelling? I don't know if capitals matter either. Maybe someone else can try to invite.

KePoW

Banned

I don't like Quitely, but he's not worse than Greg Land lol

(although I'll say that JG and Emma panel you posted is definitely horrible)

I don't like Quitely, but he's not worse than Greg Land lol

(although I'll say that JG and Emma panel you posted is definitely horrible)

He is, though. Land is a recycling, tracing con artist...but at least he can trace a human face that looks realistic.

I'll take his awful work over Quitely's cancerous potato heads every day of the week.

Also, do you play the game on Steam? I need to add you so I can awe at your total hours played.

inky

Well, when I was playing D3 I felt that the Witch Hunter played a lot like Vayne from LoL. Also you could make the Monk kinda play like Shen. I was wondering if there were cases like that in Marvel Heroes.

Storm and Scarlet Witch play like Karthus I guess. Hawkeye plays like Varus. Ms Marvel kinda like Vi.

I mean, it's hardly a 1 to 1 comparison, but those have abilities that could be considered similar. There's an artifact that lets you hook enemies if that's your thing, but it is on a very long cooldown and doesn't work on bosses.

Storm and Scarlet Witch play like Karthus I guess. Hawkeye plays like Varus. Ms Marvel kinda like Vi.

I mean, it's hardly a 1 to 1 comparison, but those have abilities that could be considered similar. There's an artifact that lets you hook enemies if that's your thing, but it is on a very long cooldown and doesn't work on bosses.

Yeah this is what I was lookin for! I'll try out Ms Marvel. Im a fan of Vi. Any other comparisons?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I got over 60 lol's on a post I made the other day making fun of brazil's crushing world cup defeat. I like that forum.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
oh on top of xp being nerfed they buffed cosmic terminal dmg and health again lol (stealth buff here)

Lord Phol

Edit: Guess I was the one who got a bit too defensive there ironically, the moderator was actually very decent and understanding. Editing post as not to derail further.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
they just live tuned xp orbs back up and gave everyone back there
odin potions they were meant to get
maybe not fixed lol
Hi all,

I see no back-end exp issues, but to be safe, we've asked Ryolnir to set Global Server Side exp to 250% for the weekend while we investigate more.

Lord Phol

Seriously? How in the seven worlds is that offensive to anyone? It's a positive comment . What's negative about it? the word homo?

Edit: Well I got my response, no warning or banning. Just a moderator acting on a report.
Edit2: Guess I was the one who learned a lesson here.

bsej87

Seriously? How in the seven worlds is that offensive to anyone? It's a positive comment . What's negative about it? the word homo?

Feeling the need to put "no homo" can be interpreted negatively due to:

1. You consider any mention of excitement/physical acknowledgment of the same sex as "gay"
2. You consider being gay to be such a negative thing that you needed to pre-identify as straight
3. "Homo" in general is considered a negative term these days.

Would you find it weird if someone said "Man, Angelina Jolie was beautiful in Maleficent. lol no hetero"?

Lord Phol

Feeling the need to put "no homo" can be interpreted negatively due to:

1. You consider any mention of excitement/physical acknowledgment of the same sex as "gay"
2. You consider being gay to be such a negative thing that you needed to pre-identify as straight
3. "Homo" in general is considered a negative term these days.

Would you find it weird if someone said "Man, Angelina Jolie was beautiful in Maleficent. lol no hetero"?

Heh I actually chuckled reading that sentence, but I rarely take stuff like that seriously. Guess I and the rest of the internet don't see things the same way. I mean if a girl came up to me and said "not hetero but damn you look good" I would probably be quite shocked, but I would surely walk away with a smile on my face.

Anyways not gonna derail the thread any further. You guys made your point and I guess I learned something new. I gotta say though, I thought the mods were pretty crazy over there, but this one was actually kind of nice.

bsej87

Heh I actually chuckled reading that sentence, but I rarely take stuff like that seriously. Guess I and the rest of the internet don't see things the same way. I mean if a girl came up to me and said "not hetero but damn you look good" I would probably be quite shocked, but I would surely walk away with a smile on my face.

Anyways not gonna derail the thread any further. You guys made your point and I guess I learned something new. I gotta say though, I thought the mods were pretty crazy over there, but this one was actually kind of nice and fair.

And I appreciate you being understanding about the issue :D

Top Bottom