• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Xevren

whoa broski!!

Hey wanna do some kick butt X-DEF with me tonight?

I can't even stay on for more than 5 minutes before getting dc'd :(

My connection has just been completely awful so not really able to play anything online anymore. Waiting for Google Fiber to be installed so I can play anything online.

KePoW

Banned
I can't even stay on for more than 5 minutes before getting dc'd :(

My connection has just been completely awful so not really able to play anything online anymore. Waiting for Google Fiber to be installed so I can play anything online.

Crap that sucks... it's your entire internet connection, so problems with all games?

Volimar

dont-believe-his-lies.jpg

Two Thing dupes.

TWO!

Sblargh

Banned
Small Thor changes.

Immortal Combat - Melee Damage Rating changed to All Damage Rating

Asgardian Stamina - Defense Rating replaced and upgraded to flat 15% Damage Reduction

Vulnerability has been moved from Thundering Strike to Bring the Thunder to make it easier to apply and on a power that is used more frequently.

I don't play Thor, so I have no idea what this all means.

Who are considered the best characters to solo smash through the daily Cube Shards/Terminals with?

At the moment I'm running my Deadpool, who is essentially the only character I've got "geared up" as well. He's obviously super quick with the teleport, healing factor and good DPS, so I can rip through the green and red Terminals in like half an hour.

Problem is, I want to start prestiging now I'm all done with grinding levels. And naturally, I want to prestige Deadpool.

Who would be best to fill the daily Cube Shards/Terminals with? Guessing a teleporter? Is someone like Nightcrawler going to be beefy enough to do a solo red Kurse?

Volimar

Who are considered the best characters to solo smash through the daily Cube Shards/Terminals with?

At the moment I'm running my Deadpool, who is essentially the only character I've got "geared up" as well. He's obviously super quick with the teleport, healing factor and good DPS, so I can rip through the green and red Terminals in like half an hour.

Problem is, I want to start prestiging now I'm all done with grinding levels. And naturally, I want to prestige Deadpool.

Who would be best to fill the daily Cube Shards/Terminals with? Guessing a teleporter? Is someone like Nightcrawler going to be beefy enough to do a solo red Kurse?

I've had no problem at all with most chars. SG, Ms. Marvel, and Storm in particular steamroll right through.

KePoW

Banned

Any teleporter is fine.

Hey you gonna do cosmic prestige with me? I might do a second one!

Aside from teleporting through barriers, pretty much any movement power is fine. SG has that roll, and she's pretty good vs bosses.

The ones I think I save mega time on are MODOK and Doom, just teleporting everywhere (especially Doom, where you can just skip half the level by TP'ing to the end door from half way in), but yeah, I s'pose the other ones aren't going to make too much difference.

I'm interested to try Storm again now that she's had the review too.

Moon knight's flight ability keys him go over everything and he just flat out murders bosses.

Any teleporter is fine.

Hey you gonna do cosmic prestige with me? I might do a second one!

Even Nightcrawler? Against Doom/Kurse?

Deadpool is going to be my Cosmic Prestige. I've got a long way to go before I even start on Cosmic Deadpool though, I've only just gotten everyone to 60 first time around haha..

You finished Luke Cage finally?

Moon knight's flight ability keys him go over everything and he just flat out murders bosses.

Moon Knight was one of my very top favourites while playing, but I tried him last night against red Kurse and Doom and I haven't really got him geared enough at this stage. Crap artifacts, only two slots of decent gear. He'd be a bit of work to get Terminal charge ready, but I'd love to do it.

Two Thing dupes.

TWO!
I got him as my hero for beating Doom, when the game first launched. I've since gotten THREE tokens of him via random box (at least all were giveaway codes). My last 2 (Raptr and Splinter) boxes gave me Jean and Emma, so it seems my luck has improved. I was going to save and get SG as my first hero via splinters, but I took a gamble with the box instead. Here's to hoping I like how Emma plays, :p.

Volimar

I just can't wait until we can use character tokens on ultimate upgrades right away instead of waiting until the character unlocks the ult.

GManDH

I got him as my hero for beating Doom, when the game first launched. I've since gotten THREE tokens of him via random box (at least all were giveaway codes). My last 2 (Raptr and Splinter) boxes gave me Jean and Emma, so it seems my luck has improved. I was going to save and get SG as my first hero via splinters, but I took a gamble with the box instead. Here's to hoping I like how Emma plays, :p.

Emma has an interesting style. Kind of pet a lil with a heavy focus on mental and physical. its kind of fun since you can switch what your doing depending on who youre fighting. dont bother with Jean till she gets reworked.

Emma has an interesting style. Kind of pet a lil with a heavy focus on mental and physical. its kind of fun since you can switch what your doing depending on who youre fighting. dont bother with Jean till she gets reworked.

dont believe this mans lies Jeans fine

i solo cosmics easy with her

Jean is fine from a leveling and soloing standpoint. I have her at 60 and she's super easy to play. The problem is she's quite boring and shoehorned into the Phoenix role. Don't even bother trying to play her as anything other than a flying ball of fire.

Volimar

Jean is fine from a leveling and soloing standpoint. I have her at 60 and she's super easy to play. The problem is she's quite boring and shoehorned into the Phoenix role. Don't even bother trying to play her as anything other than a flying ball of fire.

And her upcoming AoA costume is yucky.

Got Squirrel Girl Saturday, hit level 60 around 11pm Sunday. My first 60 character and I already have all her BiS minus 2 artifacts and Sinister Cuirass. I still need a Serpent rune so I can apply Beast Master to my uru. Running through cosmics fairly quickly; been farming cosmic Sinister all day hoping he'd drop Sinister Cuirass.

Yeah Jean is pretty easy mode, imo. So much aoe damage.

This so much; I love Jean but her unlimited spirit makes everything so easy...well that and you simply just aoe everything and it'll be dead shortly.

Tangent: I really want them to add in a new voice emote for Cyclops. Every time he uses his ultimate he should scream out "JEEEEAAAAAAANN!!"

Also what's the consensus on Ms. Marvel? Thinking about getting her since I'm a fan of her; and her solo runs have been damn good (not sure about her Marvel Now solo run, I read it then stopped).

inky

Ms Marvel is part of my main team and probably my favorite character. Love her. Good mix of melee and ranged energy damage and she's able to do all the content no problem. Her Ult is godlike.

Drayco21

Also what's the consensus on Ms. Marvel? Thinking about getting her since I'm a fan of her; and her solo runs have been damn good (not sure about her Marvel Now solo run, I read it then stopped).

I'm currently working on her- she's excellent- really good damage, really survivable and several really cool build options. She's been a lot of fun.

Her Marvel Now and All New Marvel Now stuff is terrible. Ms. Marvel > Captain Marvel.

inky

What's your build?

I'm unsure of how to spec her.

Here's without gear.

Mo9aU11.png

- Max passives except Energy Absorption which doesn't scale that well imo,
- Max Photon Punch as basic which combos with photonic power usage,
- Max Strikedown and Stellar Flare which are my main source of damage (jump to area, charge up, release),
- 10 points into signature is enough imo. It's super useful in combination with the above, but the long cooldown means maxing it is kind of a waste.
- Max Photonic Wave for RMB spamming. The cone and low range shotgun effect means it works great in combination with basic attacking groups of low tier mobs
- Max Photonic Devastation for continued ranged damage (great for picking up low level mobs in a line and staying out of melee range). This is one could be anything really. Uppercut is more powerful point for point but I love my beam powers.
- and the rest are just single or few utility points into useful skills like crowd control break, taunt, fly and dash.

What's your build?

I'm unsure of how to spec her.

As an alternative to Inky's build, you could try something like this:

http://marvelbase.com/builds/generator/ms-marvel#vK2K2K2K2212KvKv2Mv/0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0

It's a very focused build with a nice set rotation. Wrecks everything in the game. There are leftover points you can distribute how you wish too.

Here's without gear.

Any reason you max out Flight of the Warbird? Extra points do nothing but add duration to the buff which is already easily refreshed with a single point.

inky

Any reason you max out Flight of the Warbird? Extra points do nothing but add duration to the buff which is already easily refreshed with a single point.

Has it always been like that? Ms Marvel is one of the first characters I leveled to 60 so it is a pretty old build but it used to give you lots of MS/AS with more points in it. I haven't really changed the build since I first specced her last year.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Inky's Ms.Marvel build is prety much the same as mine from what I remember... mah man

Has it always been like that? Ms Marvel is one of the first characters I leveled to 60 so it is a pretty old build but it used to give you lots of MS/AS with more points in it. I haven't really changed the build since I first specced her last year.

They just recently changed the talent when they made the buffs universal. Every point only adds a measly 0.1 sec to the duration. I would def drop 19 of those points somewhere else.

inky

They just recently changed the talent when they made the buffs universal. Every point only adds a measly 0.1 sec to the duration. I would def drop 19 of those points somewhere else.

Well, that's fucking dumb. Thanks for the heads up. I'll switch them around. Maybe I'll take Kree toughness for the crit.

Inky's Ms.Marvel build is prety much the same as mine from what I remember... mah man

You obviously like fun builds =)

Also, my spelling auto-correct changes your name to Rihanna, lol.

Dec

Ms. Marvel got me into the game. Started when there was a random hero promotional code thing and got her, tried the game and liked her enough to grind out RR.

Patch notes

NEXT WEEK
Domino Team-Up on Test Center

Star-Lord on Test Center

Raid out of Beta and “Green Version” loot activated on loot tables

WOOT. Domino outta nowhere.

And good news:

OMEGA UPDATE
Experience required to earn an Omega Orb has been reduced from 30 million to 19 million. We’re continuing to tune this so a larger percentage of players can earn a full year of Omega experience in less than a year. At this point, we’re are ignoring the top 10% of players as extreme outliers in the data.

Top Bottom