• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Lord Phol

Yeah 19 millions is still too high and most people on the boards seem to agree, so I wouldn't be suprised if it get lowered further in a future patch. I think I'm going to save Star-Lord for live and try not to spoil myself too much. With the Nova boards being the shittist place on earth I've kind of lost interest in him for now. Quills release and RRs review should keep me happy for the time being.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
good news on domino, it was... weird to say the least that we were getting 2 brand new team ups before any more of the advance pack ones were out

KePoW

Banned
Yeah 19 millions is still too high and most people on the boards seem to agree, so I wouldn't be suprised if it get lowered further in a future patch. I think I'm going to save Star-Lord for live and try not to spoil myself too much. With the Nova boards being the shittist place on earth I've kind of lost interest in him for now. Quills release and RRs review should keep me happy for the time being.

Do you know who's going to be the default Nova?

Dec

good news on domino, it was... weird to say the least that we were getting 2 brand new team ups before any more of the advance pack ones were out

I'd rather they do the tie in team ups whenever they can even if it requires the advance pack team ups to be pushed back a little.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Richard Rider

Isn't this confirmed false as of a few days ago? Doomsaw I believe mentioned it has to be Sam, but they want to get a free Richard enhanced costume out to founders/advance pack owners.

I've never tried the Test Center and am curious about how, exactly, it works?
- Does it capture your Live account info at a regular interval or is it infrequent?
- How much Gs do they give you to spend on stuff in there?
- Are there any exclusive TC only stuff to buy with said Gs? For instance, something to skip level grinding if I just want to test out a hero I haven't played yet?

LuuKyK

- Does it capture your Live account info at a regular interval or is it infrequent?
- Are there any exclusive TC only stuff to buy with said Gs? For instance, something to skip level grinding if I just want to test out a hero I haven't played yet?

- Yes, its basically the same account, but its a bit behind, like two weeks old info.

- 10000. The characters cost 1G to buy, and in every update they give you more G.

- Yes. An exp orb that give you level 60 and a chest with high level items. All of them cost 1G too.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Isn't this confirmed false as of a few days ago? Doomsaw I believe mentioned it has to be Sam, but they want to get a free Richard enhanced costume out to founders/advance pack owners.

Just to expand on this, here is the actual Doomsaw post:

Quick Nova Update:

Will be released after Rogue (who is after Mr. Quill).

Will be Sam as default. Since Sam is current, that is the only option we have.

We want to do a Richard Rider enhanced costume at release and provide it free for people who preordered Nova. If this proves impossible for any reason, they Founders pack people will get whatever alternate costume exists at release and will ALSO get the Rider costume if/when it's released. In addition, we will add something else from the store to thank Founders Packs player, TBD.

Nova is the human rocket and his gameplay embraces that.

We are all very excited to launch this dude and we simply cannot wait any longer.

GManDH

a lot of ppl use the TC to play out a character and if they like it they just buy it on live. its the best way to test someone out and really understand them.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh so THATS why we're getting a female thor costume... well, if they were going to do it, they should have just waited for this new design and not just use the earth X or whatever the fuck it was version

Rhaknar

“The new Thor continues Marvel's proud tradition of strong female characters like Captain Marvel, Storm, Black Widow and more. And this new Thor isn't a temporary female substitute - she's now the one and only Thor, and she is worthy!”

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/comics/2014/7/15/22875/marvel_proudly_presents_thor#ixzz37YNSA6xD

yeah yeah Marvel, and SPOCK was the real Spiderman too... I wish for once they would have the balls to stick with a major change

ev0

yeah yeah Marvel, and SPOCK was the real Spiderman too... I wish for once they would have the balls to stick with a major change

Well with Marvel rumored to maybe doing a reboot I wouldn't be surprised if they just messed with all their books til then.

Logan's going to die, we're getting a new Cap and now a new Thor

Rhaknar

Well with Marvel rumored to maybe doing a reboot I wouldn't be surprised if they just messed with all their books til then.

Logan's going to die, we're getting a new Cap and now a new Thor

lol

So as a newcomer to this game, what's the best way to play it? Download straight from the official site or through Steam? I tried the game briefly at launch, but it ran like crap on my old laptop. Now I have a proper desktop and I'm ready for it. Will I still be locked to Daredevil as my starter character?

inky

So as a newcomer to this game, what's the best way to play it? Download straight from the official site or through Steam? I tried the game briefly at launch, but it ran like crap on my old laptop. Now I have a proper desktop and I'm ready for it. Will I still be locked to Daredevil as my starter character?

Download it wherever you want (I prefer Steam). It doesn't matter because the account system is independent from Steam. And as for your character, Daredevil has been improved and some people consider him excellent to play now, but if you want to try someone else just make a new account and choose one from the new pool of starters.

Drayco21

Goddammit, I hate when characters get replaced by legacies for no apparent reason- I guess that explains why the real Thor is solicited through Hickman's time-skip Avengers books to be wielding an axe instead.

Edit: Also, Death of Wolverine might just be worth it because it's giving us this story as a tie-in to it-
DOWDPCAP001-8b9e0.jpg

Sblargh

Banned
“The new Thor continues Marvel's proud tradition of strong female characters like Captain Marvel, Storm, Black Widow and more. And this new Thor isn't a temporary female substitute - she's now the one and only Thor, and she is worthy!”

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/comics/2014/7/15/22875/marvel_proudly_presents_thor#ixzz37YNSA6xD

It is really naive to assume these changes are supposed to last forever; it's a long arc, I doubt very much that Dan Slott pitched the idea for Spock without already saying how it would end and I assume they already know how this Thor thing will end, it has nothing to do with "balls"; these characters are decades old, they are well stablished on other mediums; if a writer has an interesting idea for a year-old fresh take, why not?

Superior Spider-man was very good, imo and it was a story worthy of being told. This new Thor might be, too. They're not supposed to be The New Status Quo That Shall Last Forever And Replace The Old Status Quo That You Love So Much.

so guys apparently the bosses were buffed during the last ARMOR event as well
heh now i feel silly about thinking of leaving the game over something thats not permanent

Download it wherever you want (I prefer Steam). It doesn't matter because the account system is independent from Steam. And as for your character, Daredevil has been improved and some people consider him excellent to play now, but if you want to try someone else just make a new account and choose one from the new pool of starters.

Thanks for the info. Started the remote download through Steam, looking forward to playing tonight.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Here's without gear.

Mo9aU11.png

- Max passives except Energy Absorption which doesn't scale that well imo,
- Max Photon Punch as basic which combos with photonic power usage,
- Max Strikedown and Stellar Flare which are my main source of damage (jump to area, charge up, release),
- 10 points into signature is enough imo. It's super useful in combination with the above, but the long cooldown means maxing it is kind of a waste.
- Max Photonic Wave for RMB spamming. The cone and low range shotgun effect means it works great in combination with basic attacking groups of low tier mobs
- Max Photonic Devastation for continued ranged damage (great for picking up low level mobs in a line and staying out of melee range). This is one could be anything really. Uppercut is more powerful point for point but I love my beam powers.
- and the rest are just single or few utility points into useful skills like crowd control break, taunt, fly and dash.

why dont you put any points into her dmg passive that gives her base dmg, (even if you only did 1 point she still gains alot)

Indignate

Thanks for the MM builds.

I think I'm going to get Storm to 60 first (40 now) for that xp synergy before I continue to level MM more.

The fastest way to level is just to do LQs right?

Ragnaroz

Thanks for the MM builds.

I think I'm going to get Storm to 60 first (40 now) for that xp synergy before I continue to level MM more.

The fastest way to level is just to do LQs right?
Storm doesn't have an XP synergy, Cyclops does. And yes, LQs are the way to go if you wanna level up fast.

welp theres no way i can play until tonights patch if the boss buffs are caused by this stupid event
hate feeling underpowered, it makes you think its pointless to even play the game

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I see. It must have been a recent change like the other one. When I made the build it didn't have DMG rating as far as I can remember, just crit/def.

I might need to update my old builds.

yea i think it was changed when they did a nerf on her a month or so ago. (they buffed couple skills and nerfed few) and they consoildated alot of passives on alot of heroes into one skill.

Ran through and did all my Cube Shards with DP again last night. Bought my Ancient Gourd of Prestige and... couldn't do it lol

Had a great nignt for uniques though; literally only ran the Terminals and played for maybe an hour, and got 4 Uniques in that time, all off bosses!

Got Hellfire Ammunition (I got really excited at first as I confused it with Anti-Metal Ammunition) and The Guns With No Name. Both of which were new to me, so that's cool.

I am going to try to hit the Prestige switch again tonight haha..

Sblargh

Banned
Ran through and did all my Cube Shards with DP again last night. Bought my Ancient Gourd of Prestige and... couldn't do it lol

Had a great nignt for uniques though; literally only ran the Terminals and played for maybe an hour, and got 4 Uniques in that time, all off bosses!

Got Hellfire Ammunition (I got really excited at first as I confused it with Anti-Metal Ammunition) and The Guns With No Name. Both of which were new to me, so that's cool.

I got a lot of uniques from bosses, too, most from MM, but one also from Doom's 2nd boss (which was Sabertooth)

KePoW

Banned

Cmon broski, hurry up and get to cosmic to do with me! I'll buy you a case of Foster's !!

Top Bottom