• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Mupod

finally got my serpent rune and mental focus headband. Latter was horribly rolled but 600k credits and 3 unstable molecules later I got one that is...okay. Good enough to finish off my set of Hela blessings.

Also finally got a cosmic wizard medallion but it's so much worse than the 510/515 purple one I have, I dunno if I'll even use it.

At least farming cosmic AIM with Strange is the most interesting gameplay I've seen in marvel heroes so far. Really fast paced and intense, one screwup and you're dead. I can farm it safely on Taskmaster but he can't clear entire rooms in seconds like Stephen does. Also got so much exp doing it that I maxed out his legendary with ease.

finally got my serpent rune and mental focus headband. Latter was horribly rolled but 600k credits and 3 unstable molecules later I got one that is...okay. Good enough to finish off my set of Hela blessings.

Also finally got a cosmic wizard medallion but it's so much worse than the 510/515 purple one I have, I dunno if I'll even use it.

At least farming cosmic AIM with Strange is the most interesting gameplay I've seen in marvel heroes so far. Really fast paced and intense, one screwup and you're dead. I can farm it safely on Taskmaster but he can't clear entire rooms in seconds like Stephen does. Also got so much exp doing it that I maxed out his legendary with ease.

I wish farming cosmics was that quick with summons Squirrel Girl. I can clear out an entire room in like 10 seconds. Nowadays I just skip the mobs and go straight to Mr. Sinister.

I don't play many ARPGs or MMOs in general, so I don't know if this is a common thing, but I always found it strange that a "cosmic" or top-tier item can roll stats trashier than a blue or purple.

I have blue rings on some characters, simply because most of the cosmic rings I see drop haven't compared - and the same with medallions. A level 60 purple medallion doesn't seem like is should be able to roll better stats than a level 60 cosmic.

Why aren't the bare minimum stats for a cosmic the maximum stats for a purple - and so-on-and-so-forth down the tier line?

Volimar

I don't play many ARPGs or MMOs in general, so I don't know if this is a common thing, but I always found it strange that a "cosmic" or top-tier item can roll stats trashier than a blue or purple.

I have blue rings on some characters, simply because most of the cosmic rings I see drop haven't compared - and the same with medallions. A level 60 purple medallion doesn't seem like is should be able to roll better stats than a level 60 cosmic.

Why aren't the bare minimum stats for a cosmic the maximum stats for a purple - and so-on-and-so-forth down the tier line?

+1 to all powers makes up for it.

Dec

Strange is one of those heroes where the extra +1 to all powers a cosmic medal gives is really good because he uses so many abilities, rather than a rotation of 2 or 3 as a lot of other heroes do.

I can't imagine there is a hero so horrible that they struggle on green content.

mr fantastic
edit im redownloading the game(apparently boss stuff was bugged) but im staying the hell away until the patch to fix these horrible bugs is here
not gonna play as much though as its obvious im starting to get burned out

GManDH

mr fantastic
edit im redownloading the game(apparently boss stuff was bugged) but im staying the hell away until the patch to fix these horrible bugs is here
not gonna play as much though as its obvious im starting to get burned out

y dont u just do MM over and over till u understand ur hero??

KePoW

Banned
when greens are too hard then something is horribly wrong
im not quitting because the game is too hard
im quitting because the game wont let me progress and feel powerful

I don't want to get into a long debate on your way out, and don't want to shit up the thread. You should play what you want.

But green terminals are not hard whatsoever.

im ADHD so i get bored easily
so yea best to not get burned out
edit:i meant other people on the marvel forums saying their too hard(i never do greens so i have no idea)

JDMC13

For Hand of Doom/Gem of Kursed farming, is there any increase in drop chance in cosmic over red terminal? If so, is it more effective to rush red over cosmic for the speed increase?

KePoW

Banned
im ADHD so i get bored easily
so yea best to not get burned out

edit:i meant other people on the marvel forums saying their too hard(i never do greens so i have no idea)

Not wanting to get burned out is certainly a legit reason for taking a break, nothing wrong with that. I've taken a 6-month break from MH myself before.

But why would you make that comment about green terms when you have not even experienced it yourself? This is another perfect example why not to believe random posters on the internet.

Doomsaw states they're going to tweak Squirrel Girl's squirrels, lower the number of bones in the model, simplify their health pools, remove footstep sounds. If those don't help with performance they're looking at…lowering the number of squirrels ;_;.

KePoW

Banned
Doomsaw states they're going to tweak Squirrel Girl's squirrels, lower the number of bones in the model, simplify their health pools, remove footstep sounds. If those don't help with performance they're looking at…lowering the number of squirrels ;_;.

GOOD

freakin Squirrel Girl, she's nutz!!

Volimar

NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooOOOooooOOOooooooo

Drayco21

I'm still surprised I got Squirrel Girl to 60 on my garbage laptop without it catching fire or something. Even as one of the people who, theoretically anyway, they'd be serving by lowering the squirrel count, I really hope they're able to fix it other ways. That glorious Squirrelnado is worth the frame drops.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Starlord is on track to come out early August with the movie correct?

And then Rogue next or is it Nova next I forget? and whichever of the 2 it is, is it late august since Magneto is september?

And does that mean September would have Rogue/Magneto or Nova/Magneto? we on a 2 character per month ratio allof a sudden?

KePoW

Banned
And then Rogue next or is it Nova next I forget? and whichever of the 2 it is, is it late august since Magneto is september?

And does that mean September would have Rogue/Magneto or Nova/Magneto? we on a 2 character per month ratio allof a sudden?

yeah true

Vecks

For Hand of Doom/Gem of Kursed farming, is there any increase in drop chance in cosmic over red terminal? If so, is it more effective to rush red over cosmic for the speed increase?

The chance is higher in cosmic. But if you feel like you can run reds faster, that is probably the way to go.

Not wanting to get burned out is certainly a legit reason for taking a break, nothing wrong with that. I've taken a 6-month break from MH myself before.

But why would you make that comment about green terms when you have not even experienced it yourself? This is another perfect example why not to believe random posters on the internet.

I didn't even realize they buffed the bosses until I got booted from the server (some weird d/c issue) and read the forums. *shrugs* It doesn't seem that bad to me. Solo-ed cosmic kurse with squishy Mr. Fantastic and only died once.
Although, it did take like 5 minutes to kill him.

Indignate

Nope.

Gaz is better off telling people to get better PCs rather than telling me that they're nerfing my squirrel sounds.

Nope.

Gaz is better off telling people to get better PCs rather than telling me that they're nerfing my squirrel sounds.

I agree, plebeians with their Pentium 3 laptops shouldn't be the reason I have less squirrels. I say direct those lessers to newegg's site and tell them to buy a better rig.

i2pg6dDZGflSV.png

I really need that Sinister Cuirass...and a serpent rune (y u no drop?!)

ohhh ur K.O.??

Why don't u have the same name here, that's whack haha

It was taken when I signed up. D:

Dec

Nope.

They specifically say that they have tried raids with 5 Squirrel Girls on the highest end hardware available and they all have bad performance. This is their motivation for optimization.

Dec

then they better buff the remaining squirrels out the ass to compensate

Reducing the amount of squirrels is the last resort, as also stated in the post. Next week there will be a lot of other optimizations that will change nearly nothing for SG players, if it's still bad they may reduce the amount of squirrels but make them attack faster/hit harder. Also comes with the buff of not taking as long to get to the squirrel cap.

Either way, reducing the bone count on the squirrels from 29 to what is needed, and removing the tech that plays footstep audio for literally all four feet on all 30 squirrels should make a big difference, and the reduction probably not necessary.

Dec

if they remove the bones i demand mr fantastic squirrels
rubber squirrels mwhahahahahahaha

lol it's like, points of articulation. If they have 29 bones now I assume they could animate all the squirrels fingers, tail, every join if they wanted to, but they don't currently, so reducing it changes nothing and gives better performance.

Dec

What the fuck, Gaz?

Login rewards are the one fucking thing that reset at midnight in the time zone you are in, everything else is Pacific time. Missed a day because I thought I'd have until 3am Eastern to log in.

Dumb.

Top Bottom