• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

KePoW

Banned
What the fuck, Gaz?

Login rewards are the one fucking thing that reset at midnight in the time zone you are in, everything else is Pacific time. Missed a day because I thought I'd have until 3am Eastern to log in.

Dumb.

hmm really? I thought it was still 12 pacific

Dec

hmm really? I thought it was still 12 pacific

Turns out it is, but it's a bit confusing.

It lists the dates you got the log in rewards in the UI for it, and when I got the reward for the 15th it was 2 am my time, so recorded as the 16th, so if you looked at the dates logged in it said I didn't get the 15th.

The server just reset and I logged out and in and it worked, I didn't miss a day but now in the UI I have two rewards that say I got them on the 16th.

Vecks

What the fuck, Gaz?

Login rewards are the one fucking thing that reset at midnight in the time zone you are in, everything else is Pacific time. Missed a day because I thought I'd have until 3am Eastern to log in.

Dumb.

Just tried it myself (eastern as well), and it's still 12 pacific for me. Didn't get anything at 12 eastern.
EDIT: Ah.

aborath

Neo Member
good news everyone
supergroup leave is being removed next patch

Supergroup leave, what stupid placement. How this even made it out of beta boggles the mind.

The chance is higher in cosmic. But if you feel like you can run reds faster, that is probably the way to go.[/SPOILER]

I could be wrong, but this seems to be the way to go for most people, unless you're developed enough to crit for millions. What about cosmic mediallions? These pretty much have to be farmed in cosmics, or what?

Dec

Supergroup leave, what stupid placement. How this even made it out of beta boggles the mind.

I could be wrong, but this seems to be the way to go for most people, unless you're developed enough to crit for millions. What about cosmic mediallions? These pretty much have to be farmed in cosmics, or what?

Nah cosmic medals drop pretty well in green/red in my experience. Got quite a few the past couple days doing cube shard runs.

LuuKyK

Saw this on the MH reddit. Thought it was cool:

gqM8UhG.jpg

Feels like such a long time ago when I was playing this game in its very early stage and only Thing was available
for kepow's rejoice
. Time sure flies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I already forgot about / missed the login rewards lol, welp that didnt last long. Guess i need to be actively playing to remember them really

Indignate

I already forgot about / missed the login rewards lol, welp that didnt last long. Guess i need to be actively playing to remember them really

It would have been cool if they could have retroactively counted your logins from before the system was implement. I mean, they probably could have, but not doing it provides more benefit for them.

Would have made the OVER four years reward seem not so ridiculous.

It's really weird. They say that they want the average player to max out the Omega system within a year. Are they going to end up adding more to it than in the future? Or are they just going to throw more systems on top of more systems to span this game out for three more years past that?

It would have been cool if they could have retroactively counted your logins from before the system was implement. I mean, they probably could have, but not doing it provides more benefit for them.

It's really weird. They say that they want the average player to max out the Omega system within a year. Are they going to end up adding more to it than in the future? Or are they just going to throw more systems on top of more systems to span this game out for three more years past that?

According to Doomsaw:

How many Omega Points can you earn and how long will it take?

The current maximum is 7,500 points. (test center will have a higher maximum for testing purposes)

This should take an average player approximately 1 year to complete. Some players will reach maximum later and some much earlier.

With each new yearly "release" of the game, the Omega Points maximum will be increased.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/98120/omega-system-faq-in-progress/p1

They have been doing nothing but adding modes and systems to keep people playing, they are obviously going to keep doing this kind of stuff as they need incentives to bring people back in a F2P game.

Lord Phol

God damn they are going all out with the Rocket Review. Alot of new powers and there are changes to pretty much everything:

Hi!

I met with the team working on the Rocket Raccoon level 52 review just now to get a few early pieces of information.

Here's the quick download:

• Basic pistol attack is getting a cooler animation
  • Basic rifle attack option is being added to be more in line with the movie / comic
  • Minigun Laser is being added
  • Tactical Destruction being changed to Gauss Rifle with tweaks to performance
  • Plasma Cannon being added that launcher a very heavy plasma burst with leaves a giant ground AOE
  • Groot receiving some tweaks, more info on him later
  • Gun Turrets will receive a burst of attack speed when they are deployed to help Rocket's who want to be more mobile
  • Other turrets functionality is consolidated into Arc Turret and Warp Turret.
  • Rocket's Defense Screen is being upgraded to work similar to the Halo Xbox games, where it will recharge over time when out of combat. You can also manually do it, but some Rocket's may opt to remove it from their hotbar with this new change.
  • Rocket Dash being added as a burst of speed from your jetpack. This is a dash travel option.
  • Burrow changed to Laser Drill theming, not a huge change in function.
  • Targeting Array active/passive combo will consolidate most of the passive and include an active component that directs your turrets to fire at a specific enemy (!)
  • Assault Doctrine and Battery Doctrine are new mutually-exclusive specializations that allow rocket to specialize as a Turret Master or Gun Master. Each has an active component (Assault has a reload and Battery allows you to spawn all turrets).
  • H7 Fleetslayer allows you to deploy 4 tactical nukes at a time
  • MechFall is the new Ultimate and summons the Thanos-Buster Mechsuit for your enjoyment.

That's it for now, more next week.

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/114018/rocket-raccoon-level-52-design-notes

Lord Phol

Yeah with both him and Star-Lord coming out I'm going to have a crazy amount of things to do in MH. Will be away on patch-day though D:, but I'm home the whole week after that :D.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
turret specialty yes, time to play rocket again

no mentions of groot tho, are they removing Groot?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
oh man that rocket review looks delicious

Drayco21

turret specialty yes, time to play rocket again

no mentions of groot tho, are they removing Groot?

"Groot receiving tweaks, more info on him later"- surely they wouldn't say that if he was gone, he must be getting some major revamps though, especially if he's going to be available to everyone as a team-up.

Rhaknar

"Groot receiving tweaks, more info on him later"- surely they wouldn't say that if he was gone, he must be getting some major revamps though, especially if he's going to be available to everyone as a team-up.

completely missed that line

I did want to wait for the RR review before I started him, but when he was the last toon left for all at 60, I couldn't help finishing him too. There's always prestige though and that's what I'll do with RR.

Finally got the nerve to start a prestige with Deadpool last night. Level 36 already and rocking the Ultimate costume this play-through.

He's pretty beasty early on with a level 4 Gungnir lol.. First X-Def was a steamroll.

so i just downloaded this game. got to level 12 so far. interesting concept. playing the human torch at the moment.

any tips or recommendations? what's the ranking of the colors of the items?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
so i just downloaded this game. got to level 12 so far. interesting concept. playing the human torch at the moment.

white->green->blue->purple->yellow (cosmic)->gold (unique)

The pink items are kind of their own category and don't have individual quality differences.

Sblargh

Banned

Turn off the thing that auto-finds a party for you in story mode; you'll want to do that alone. Parties are good for holo-sim (tho it can be solo'd, tho less effectively); x-def and Midtown can go either way, but you can achieve stuff faster by grouping.

Other than that, get to the GAF supergroup and feel free to ask anything there. :)

I think I asked ages ago, but got no response; Are there any Aussie's in the Marvel Heroes GAF Supergroup?

I ended up joining an Aussie SG, simply because I thought there would never be anyone online here at the right time for me to play, what with most of GAF crew being in US/UK.

Sblargh

Banned
I think I asked ages ago, but got no response; Are there any Aussie's in the Marvel Heroes GAF Supergroup?

I ended up joining an Aussie SG, simply because I thought there would never be anyone online here at the right time for me to play, what with most of GAF crew being in US/UK.

I don't know, but I'm an insomniac with crazy hours, so there's a chance you'll find me online at pretty much any timezone.

I don't know, but I'm an insomniac with crazy hours, so there's a chance you'll find me online at pretty much any timezone.

Haha fair enough.

Shame you can't be part of two groups.

I've seen KePoW on a fair bit, but mainly the weekends obviously. Might just add the rest of you guys as Friends in-game or something.

Ploid 3.0

Man I'm so happy after seeing the Rocket Raccoon review notes. Sounds like turret master will be even better. I look forward to seeing what the groot changes will be. Mine hit's like a train already, usually brutal attacks <3 Doomsaw unique.

I actually like the current RR a lot. I'm scared of his new Ultimate being worse than the current one though. It seems like it will not be so good for turret master. It also could be bad with all flash but less effectiveness. Here's hoping that it's good.

Man I'm so happy after seeing the Rocket Raccoon review notes. Sounds like turret master will be even better. I look forward to seeing what the groot changes will be. Mine hit's like a train already, usually brutal attacks <3 Doomsaw unique.

I actually like the current RR a lot. I'm scared of his new Ultimate being worse than the current one though. It seems like it will not be so good for turret master. It also could be bad with all flash but less effectiveness. Here's hoping that it's good.

New ultimate certainly sounds flashy - which is great as I thought his ultimate was a little too visually plain (but of course, really effective).

Rocket Raccoon is David Brevik(the boss) favorite character so dont expect many nerfs if any

I always wondered what drove them to have Rocket as a launch character. It wasn't until I got back into the game earlier this year that I read about Brevik's love for the character.

He was gushing about RR in that last YT thing he did too haha..

Top Bottom