• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

VaLiancY

I'm getting bored playing with Colossus but I want to hit 60 and try some others. I've only gotten Punisher and Wolverine to 10 and like how they both play.

Lord Phol

You have far better will power than I haha..

Haha I usually cave in like 10 seconds after I say stuff like that, but this time it's personal... not really but I'm definetly going to keep my word! It's quite rare for me to be suprised with games anymore (thanks gaf :p) so it'll be well worth it once he's live!

Haha I usually cave in like 10 seconds after I say stuff like that, but this time it's personal... not really but I'm definetly going to keep my word! It's quite rare for me to be suprised with games anymore (thanks gaf :p) so it'll be well worth it once he's live!

Nice. In the meantime, I'll swoon over the images and gush here about it for your ongoing disapproval :p

Lord Phol

Nice. In the meantime, I'll swoon over the images and gush here about it for your ongoing disapproval :p

922996_644195408927873_657585964_n.jpg
Serious frog-face fills me with willpowah!

Lothars

I ended up buying the Bring on the Bad Guys pack, I wasn't going to but Im excited for 3 out of the 6 characters. So I think it will be worth it.

Lord Phol

I've been experimenting a little bit with costume core crafting (after learning you could roll ~1400k crit damage) and noticed that there is quite a disparity between stat ranges. I would LOVE to have the Diablo 3: RoS feature where you can see the min/max ranges of each stat on items just by holding down a button. Would make it alot easier to so how and where you can improve your gear and hero.

Dec

Gotta start saving those splinters for Star-lord. How much do you think he'll end up being? Thinking 400 possibly.

He's pretty interesting and seems mechanically complex but if after all the work they put into Reed didn't make him 600, I don't think Star-Lord will be.

After all, only one of his trees is for the element gun so there can't be that many abilities they needed to create multiple particles for.

is there an OP hero?

Playing the burning dude he seems pretty impossible to kill

Most of the characters they added post launch chew through the game content. They continually buffed stuff and seem to make each one do so much more damage. Really any new character that comes out, when you play through the story content you will just breeze through it all without issue.

Dec

It would be cool to see more interesting affixes, like D3 has on blue/yellow mobs, and better drops from them if that ever happened. Though they could cause some issues with Emma.

Could really increase the difficulty, and maybe go in a harder version of terminals.

Emma rocks.

On the subject of her, I was laughing my ass off yesterday some Emma play had Pyro as their minion and he kept casting that AOE attack in the Avengers building lobby in Midtown Madness so his boss icon stayed on screen while you were in MM.

datamage

So I finally got my Daredevil to 60 (my first.)

I'm currently tinkering around with some other characters to see which one I want to level next. I kind of want to do Cyclops for his +10% xp synergy. Is he in a decent place right now? Are there any plans to do a review on him anytime soon?

LuuKyK

I'm currently tinkering around with some other characters to see which one I want to level next. I kind of want to do Cyclops for his +10% xp synergy. Is he in a decent place right now? Are there any plans to do a review on him anytime soon?

IIRC he is getting his review soon. Never played him myself but people usually say you pretty much only use one power with him (the ricochet laser beam thing), which gets kinda boring, but I may be wrong.

Uthred

Got Cyclops to 60 last week (he was my first to 60), I was going to hold off for the review but I wanted that synergy bonus. He is rather boring to play you use one or two powers most of the time. Almost as bad is how weird the powers look visually, wheres the beams Gaz? Poor old Cyke must be blinking like a mother fucker. He's not terrible to level, but hes certainly not great.

Drayco21

With "Avengers Now" focused on pushing several characters, I feel like there's a good chance we'll see several of these costumes through the rest of the year, and some of these guys as heroes in 2015.

Surely Ant-Man is a lock, and having him be Scott Lang would differentiate him from Hank as the Crafter. I was surprised we didn't get Bucky during Winter Soldier like Loki happened, and I'd love to see Falcon as a full playable hero of his own. Knowing my luck, we'll probably end up with Angela in the game at this rate. What do you guys think?

I'd buy the shit out of that Doctor Strange costume if they retained its glorious cape.

ev0

With "Avengers Now" focused on pushing several characters, I feel like there's a good chance we'll see several of these costumes through the rest of the year, and some of these guys as heroes in 2015.

Surely Ant-Man is a lock, and having him be Scott Lang would differentiate him from Hank as the Crafter. I was surprised we didn't get Bucky during Winter Soldier like Loki happened, and I'd love to see Falcon as a full playable hero of his own. Knowing my luck, we'll probably end up with Angela in the game at this rate. What do you guys think?

I'd buy the shit out of that Doctor Strange costume if they retained its glorious cape.

I'd say you're pretty spot on. Probably enhanced costumes for Thor and Cap. I'd be really interested to see Any-Man's power set. I wonder if they plan to wait til closer to the movies for those guys though.
And heh, while not my first choice either I think Angela could be interesting as a character eventually. More than that Inferno guy from that Inhumans book no one really talks about .

Mupod

Man I got so caught up in working on Strange's stuff I forgot the Rocket review was coming. He was my first and only character for a long time since I bought into the Founder program with his starter pack...I'd imagine not a lot of people did that, and of those I doubt there are any still around. I don't see the Maybe I should get Tony and Carol to 50 for those energy synergies, depends what the next event is like.

Funny thing is my Rocket is pretty well-geared. He was obvously my only character when I returned a few weeks ago, and I just opened all my Stan Lee gifts and birthday cakes on him so he got tons of uniques (of which I kept the best). He has no legendary or blessings but I'm sitting on 300 marks already and he has a pretty good costume core.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
new items

Big Kahuna - Legendary Item - 100 Conch Shells
Rank 1: 10% XP
Rank 2: 10% RiF
Rank 3: 10% SiF
Rank 4: 10% Orb Range
Rank 5: 5% on any hit to cause a big splash doing and do 10,000 Energy damage to enemies surrounding your target.

NOTE: The following 2 artifacts was my vendor Roll...number can change depending on roll.

The Perfect Wave - Unique - Slot 4 - 150 Conch Shells
+1365 Defense
+104 Spirit
+2236 Health
You take 5.7% less damage from Area powers.
6% cost reduction to movement powers
When your health drops below 50%, you hang 10 to gain +1120 defense and +784 Tenacity for 5 seconds.
+1 Speed
+1 Durability
+1 Fighting
+3 to current rank of all powers
Level Required: 60

Brutally Awesome Summer Shades - Unique - Slot 5 - 150 Conch Shells
+50 Energy Defense
+545 Brutal Strike Rating
+6305 Brutal Strike Damage Rating
4% Chance to just be relax, be cool and avoid damage from any attack.
+2 to current rank of all powers
Level Required: 60

Mysterious Crimson Box - 300 Conch Shells
The Mysterious Crimson Box contains an artifact from some of the most powerful supervillians.
The box has an equal chance of containing:
-Advanced Circlet of Cyttorak
-Arnim Zola's ESP Box
-Black Tom's Shillelagh
-Gem of the Kursed
-Hand of Doom
-Magneto Was Right T-Shirt
-Mental Focus Headband
-Sacred White Gorilla Necklace
-Taskmasters Fighting for Losers Guide
-White Suit Jacket

oh shit the bolded

LuuKyK

^ nice.

Who are these?

The only ones I know in that picture are Scarlet Witch, Doctor Strange, Ant-Man and She-Thor.

Drayco21

Oh hell yes, at that villain box.

^ nice.
Who are these?

The only ones I know in that picture are Scarlet Witch, Doctor Strange, Ant-Man and She-Thor.

Left to right- Winter Soldier, Medusa, Angela (from Spawn), Scarlet Witch, Lady Thor, The Superior Iron Man, Uncle Sam (Not calling Falcon as Captain America this is truly the biggest mistake Marvel has made in years), Doctor Strange, an Inhuman named Inferno, Deathlok and Scott Lang's Ant-Man.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
^ nice.

Who are these?

Medusa, Scarlet Witch, Winter Soldier, Angela, new Thor, new Captain American, Ironman, Dr. Strange, Ant Man, Deathlok and the fire dude is some new inhuman I forget the name... Dante? something like that

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
best change ever this patch

UI CHANGES
Social panel now displays icons for hero's currently equipped costume instead of the default costume.

Midtown bosses now drop 2-3 more items every time they are defeated. We are moving towards more individual items per boss during "unbuffed" times.

The X-Defense final chest has increased loot, including an moderately increased chance of dropping a Reliquary of Rarity.

A few more Login Rewards have been added to to the UI. (Omega Orbs, Retcon Devices, etc.) More will be added as time progress.

Thor

Asgardian Smite - Damage tuning tags reviewed and adjusted, resulting in a significant damage increase.

Crushing Hammer - Spirit coss reduced so that it is in line with other “bosskiller” powers.

Mr. Fantastic

This patch includes several buffs to Mr. Fantastic, mainly based on fine tuning of appropriate tuning tags and a strict buff to H.E.R.B.I.E.:

Stretch Punch - Damage tuning tags adjusted, resulting in a damage increase.

Signature - Damage tuning tags adjusted, resulting in a damage increase. Reed now receives a 30% damage mitigation shield while this power is active.

Ultimate - Gains 50% damage shield while channeling and CC immunity on startup

HERBIE - Duration increased from 10s to 40s. Cooldown increased to 60s.

Drayco21

It's probably the least meaningful one there, but I'm actually super excited for that UI patch. Long overdue. Hopefully it also displays the names of the enhanced characters instead of the default character's name now too, on menus where that would be displayed.

Wow, some really nice little changes in this patch.

Holy crap @ the Mysterious Crimson Box! Nice.
Bet I only manage to get one of them though - 300 Conch shells, so probably the same sorta drop rate as the ARMOR drives, and I only just got my Bounty Hunter Box last night too.

I've been experimenting a little bit with costume core crafting (after learning you could roll ~1400k crit damage) and noticed that there is quite a disparity between stat ranges. I would LOVE to have the Diablo 3: RoS feature where you can see the min/max ranges of each stat on items just by holding down a button. Would make it alot easier to so how and where you can improve your gear and hero.

Totally agree. Shouldn't have to look up a guide or forum to find out what values you're shooting for.

J-Tier

I would love Medusa. With Mr. Fantastic's tech, the prehensile hair is totally feasible and could be really awesome. Plus an Inhuman rep! With Lockjaw as a pet, and Black Bolt as another potential, I'd be down for it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Sigh. I was planning on just spending my next 400 splinters on starlord but I might just end up buying the fucking advanced pack since rogue was the only hero in the pack I wasn't all that interested in but the spoilers today make her look ridiculous

fuck you gaz you don't control my wallet god dammit

Top Bottom