• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

I've been trying to grind Sue a little, but I think the summer heat is making my PC sweat too much. Been having huge performance issues today (and not only in the game). :/

Dec

I've been trying to grind Sue a little, but I think the summer heat is making my PC sweat too much. Been having huge performance issues today (and not only in the game). :/

Throttling due to heat is a thing, but your temps need to be really high to get to that point. Run a temp monitor and if you're getting over 90C your GPU might be underclocking to protect itself. Take the side panel off and point a fan at it, if so.

If using a laptop I'd say that's pretty common for laptops of a few years old to have issues in a hot summer, if so I would take the bottom off (if not under warranty still) and clean the fans.

Leaning towards laptop because in my experience normal sized PCs need to be very neglected, or have a very crammed SLI set up to get that hot.

Other tips would be to lock the game to 60fps and play on minimum, or lock the game to 30 fps and play on minimum. Locking to 30 will cause some pretty gnarly mouse lag though.

Yeah, I ran a temp monitor, and neither CPU nor GPU has been having critical temperature. The highest my GPU went up to was around 60-70°C.
No idea where those performance issues today are from - I also ran a malware scan and didn't find anything that would cause them.
That said, it's only really happened in Midtown, which is known to cause issues, so idk.

Also, it's a desktop. Sadly, I need my fan for myself, else I'll melt, which is a much less desirable outcome than me not being able to play MH smoothly.

look what people found via datamining

h8IR8Ol.png

obviously not complete list as Venom isnt on there

Dec

Yeah, I ran a temp monitor, and neither CPU nor GPU has been having critical temperature. The highest my GPU went up to was around 60-70°C.
No idea where those performance issues today are from - I also ran a malware scan and didn't find anything that would cause them.
That said, it's only really happened in Midtown, which is known to cause issues, so idk.

Also, it's a desktop. Sadly, I need my fan for myself, else I'll melt, which is a much less desirable outcome than me not being able to play MH smoothly.

If it didn't clear up yet this could be an internet related thing. There more people in MM than usual? I know I saw some stats on the forums once of how unoptimized the data being sent to the client is, how the data is so large that game locks up momentarily. The new MM-like zone is supposed to fix it, then it be retroactively applied to MM if it works as expected.

If it didn't clear up yet this could be an internet related thing. There more people in MM than usual? I know I saw some stats on the forums once of how unoptimized the data being sent to the client is, how the data is so large that game locks up momentarily. The new MM-like zone is supposed to fix it, then it be retroactively applied to MM if it works as expected.

Yeah I played today, MM was much less crowded, and while I still had hiccups, it worked quite decently. Terminals, hubs etc. were completely smooth. I guess it's a mix between my computer not being particularly strong and MM just being crazy.

Spoit

Though, I have been having pretty terrible lag problems since about 2 patches ago. For supposedly being in the same state, I'm having worse ping than if it was on the other side of the country. (Averaging about 150-180 ping, but it spikes to the point where I sometimes miss entire x-def waves)

Finished my blue Prestige with Deadpool just before I bailed last night. Will start on Purple tonight.

Got 276 Conch shells this weekend, so I should easily have 300 before the event finishes. Hope my luck rolls nice, I'd love a Hand of Doom or Gem of the Kursed lol

Had a double Unique drop from Mandarin red last night as well, first time that's ever happened to me. Pretty good too, got a Daddy Deadpool device with 9% change to spawn the Mini Deadpool. Way better than the other one I have, which is only 2% chance.

Ploid 3.0

I was literally in the process of looking through the G store to buy something and the server going down for me gave me a chance to talk myself out of it. I was thinking about getting the Jean Grey The New X-Men costume because I liked the look and colors.

I'm probably going to buy another costume or two for Deadpool next.

I've been using a different costume for each prestige level, but I've done the default, Ultimate and Pulp costumes now (all I own), so I might pick up the X-Force costume for my purple run.

I was literally in the process of looking through the G store to buy something and the server going down for me gave me a chance to talk myself out of it. I was thinking about getting the Jean Grey The New X-Men costume because I liked the look and colors.

No Jean costumes are worth getting until they can let you actually see her while doing Phoenix powers.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
its amazing how many games you go through when youre not playing mmo-style games o_O

It really hasn't, I'm just saying that to cope with the fact I have yet to get one. ;_;

Sonofa...! :p

I find it ridiculous that it's supposed to have the same rarity/chance as the Thor, Loki and Odin, yet I've had 2 Thor, 7 Loki, 1 Odin, and in 650 hours, not a single Serpent.

I've also never had a Zod (obviously), or a Moon - the latter being really unlucky as it's supposed to be like tier 4 or something in rarity. Just traded a Loki for a Moon the other day so I could put Lunar Eclipse on Spider-Man's Uru-Forged.

RNG gonna RNG.. Yeah..

Sblargh

Banned
This game is my current favorite MMO, favorite ARPG, favorite superhero game and favorite Hawkeye Entertainment System.

I am baffled by how much I am enjoying this.
Baffled!

Also, the event ends on the 26th.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
5gb up on test center, either thats really bloated or loads of shit is going down this week, i know star lord is going up and so is domino team up but that cannot be 5gb unless they are shit at compressing.

saying that they did say end of july they were updating old costumes too

Mupod

It really hasn't, I'm just saying that to cope with the fact I have yet to get one. ;_;

Needed one for Storm Giant Magi, I was about to give up on it when one finally dropped from cosmic MODOK's bonus chest. Had the trade channel open and everything.

It seems to be worth about 1 blessing so you could trade for it maybe. I have yet to go down that rabbit hole myself, everything I have that's worth trading is something I'll need in the future.

Dec

5gb up on test center, either thats really bloated or loads of shit is going down this week, i know star lord is going up and so is domino team up but that cannot be 5gb unless they are shit at compressing.

saying that they did say end of july they were updating old costumes too

Achievements should be in as well. Not sure what else.

On the subject of serpent runes, I've gotten one. Which is all I really need for Mr. Raccoon.

Admodieus

So I just hit 60 with my first character (Scarlet Witch) after 30 hours of gameplay. She feels really powerful for clearing mobs but I find her a bit boring to play now - I vortex enemies in, root, life drain, AoE, then nuke with Chaos Warp.

The other characters I have on my roster are Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Storm, Invisible Woman, and Jean Grey. I haven't dropped any money on the game yet - these are all Eternity Splinter random boxes or ones I got from the "B1G1" promotion where I spent some of the credit I got from a code I got at PAX East.

Any recommendations on what to play next? Should I stay with SW and try to do late-game stuff? (I have Level 60 uniques for her from the anniversary but a horrible Legendary and meh artifacts). Should I try to grab something that's more fun to play (Cap, Taskmaster?) I'm about 10 splinters short of another random hero box as well.

Also, how are Colossus and Psylocke in this game? They're two of my favorite X-Men, so I'm hoping they're fun/viable.

Colossus is great. Not sure about Psylocke. The boss health being buffed recently has thrown off my ability to judge characters now, though. I think everyone's weak while leveling, compared to the blowing up that used to happen.

Achievements will be the death of me, and I will only ever play this game - especially if they're tied to special items/eternity splinters/cosmetics/artifacts.

Sblargh

Banned
So I just hit 60 with my first character (Scarlet Witch) after 30 hours of gameplay. She feels really powerful for clearing mobs but I find her a bit boring to play now - I vortex enemies in, root, life drain, AoE, then nuke with Chaos Warp.

The other characters I have on my roster are Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Storm, Invisible Woman, and Jean Grey. I haven't dropped any money on the game yet - these are all Eternity Splinter random boxes or ones I got from the "B1G1" promotion where I spent some of the credit I got from a code I got at PAX East.

Any recommendations on what to play next? Should I stay with SW and try to do late-game stuff? (I have Level 60 uniques for her from the anniversary but a horrible Legendary and meh artifacts). Should I try to grab something that's more fun to play (Cap, Taskmaster?) I'm about 10 splinters short of another random hero box as well.

Also, how are Colossus and Psylocke in this game? They're two of my favorite X-Men, so I'm hoping they're fun/viable.

Daredevil is godlike and fun to play. Storm just had her review and people seem happy about it.
And yeah, heroes are being "reviewed" one at a time, improving them vastly. SW is one without a review yet, so it's no surprise she is not that fun.

Top Bottom