• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Sblargh

Banned
If you're using a basic ranged attack (i.e., one that doesn't cost spirit), what I do is map the attack to a mouse button and a movement power (a dash of some kind) to another mouse button.

Then I hold one button to constantly attack and aim the boss while using the other to navigate. I have no idea how other people does it, tho. :p

As for DD's squishness, he gets a self heal eventually that is tied to his combo bar, so what I do as a rotation is attack with a basic until fill the combo bar, self-heal and when available use the signature.

DD's signature is one of the best AoE in the game and its cooldown gets cut every time you use something that consumes the combo bar, such as the self-heal I mentioned. Other very good AoE that has nothing to do with the combo bar, but I use regularly because it is godlike and has a short cooldown is the one where he throws his billy club to make it bounce around. When you add all of this: (bouncing billy club, signature, punching dudes, self-healing) it creates an AoE self-healing no-spirit-spender machine.

Vecks

I still feel really squishy and sometimes am unable to sustain health during boss encounters.

Are you using a starstone tooth or scrolls of pama? Both are pretty effective at low levels for burst healing. If you don't have those artifacts, however, even a small stack of lemuria relics is really effective. After level 30, a good costume core will help a ton.

Is it the same situation with every ranged character?

I would say so. Although not everyone has a built-in tp or life steal.

Dec

I don't map a skill to left mouse button unless it's a remove disables ability. Those spells will only activate if you try to run while affected by a spell of that type, but it's not always a good idea because you'll waste spirit using them just moving around that you might not want to. I do it on some heroes though, like RR.

Either way, basics on right mouse, nothing usually on left click, dash on F for me.

My character only doing what I intend is of utmost importance and accidentally attacking something instead of running is shit.

I was still rolling random boxes right up until the last two or three characters. In fairness, my luck at the end was pretty good as well; It was only right at the start that I got a bunch of dupes.

Almost finished my purple prestige last night. Level 52. Starting to feel like a bit of a grind (obviously), but I want that red prestige on DP haha!

KePoW

Banned
Left to right- Winter Soldier, Medusa, Angela (from Spawn), Scarlet Witch, Lady Thor, The Superior Iron Man, Uncle Sam (Not calling Falcon as Captain America this is truly the biggest mistake Marvel has made in years), Doctor Strange, an Inhuman named Inferno, Deathlok and Scott Lang's Ant-Man.

Who's Angela? What's the basic background on her?

I've never even heard of her

I don't map a skill to left mouse button unless it's a remove disables ability. Those spells will only activate if you try to run while affected by a spell of that type, but it's not always a good idea because you'll waste spirit using them just moving around that you might not want to. I do it on some heroes though, like RR.

Either way, basics on right mouse, nothing usually on left click, dash on F for me.

My character only doing what I intend is of utmost importance and accidentally attacking something instead of running is shit.
If accidental attacking is your concern, ctrl + click will ignore attacks allowing free movement.

Angela is a recent introduction to the Guardians books (and Original Sin storyline).

Has done some great arse kicking alongside Gamora.

gamora-and-angela-kicking-ass.jpg

She's Odin's daughter. So, sister to Thor and Loki. Back in Asgard's war with the Angels of the Tenth Realm she was killed and has recently been pulled from heaven as a result of damage to the multivariate.

EDIT: Earlier scene in Guardians when they first intercepted her.

Angela is a Neil Gaiman character from Spawn that Marvel bought the rights to and are now trying to shoehorn into their universe.

Read that sentence again. It's a 1993 Image character that we're supposed to believe is related to Thor. She makes zero sense as a Guardian.

Drayco21

She's a shit character from shit Spawn books, but because Image comics characters are creator owned, when Todd McFarlane pissed her creator off, he sold her to Marvel out of petty spite. Now she's Odin's daughter because comic books, and Bendis has been having her occasionally show up and hang out with his team of skrulls pretending to be the Guardians of the Galaxy.

She's an Angel, and has your standard super strength/durability/what have you, and she likes to cut things and yell at stuff.

Indignate

Well these BOGO are happening pretty frequently. They must have saw a huge increase in sales or something.

This is pretty good timing too as my friend just got into the game again and recently purchased a whole bunch of Gs.

Just a heads up, that Lionheart coupon could be used on Gs over at Gamestop, saving you $5.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/333385-5-off-at-gamestop-by-playing-lionheart-tactics-for-free/

KePoW

Banned
Angela is a recent introduction to the Guardians books (and Original Sin storyline).

Angela is a Neil Gaiman character from Spawn that Marvel bought the rights to and are now trying to shoehorn into their universe.

Read that sentence again. It's a 1993 Image character that we're supposed to believe is related to Thor. She makes zero sense as a Guardian.

She's a shit character from shit Spawn books, but because Image comics characters are creator owned, when Todd McFarlane pissed her creator off, he sold her to Marvel out of petty spite.

Thanks comix buds! At least she's pretty hot

Dec

Shame these deals are leading up to the movie... probably going to buy the movie costumes and these sales will be over by the time the GOTG stuff is out.

Admodieus

If you're using a basic ranged attack (i.e., one that doesn't cost spirit), what I do is map the attack to a mouse button and a movement power (a dash of some kind) to another mouse button.

Then I hold one button to constantly attack and aim the boss while using the other to navigate. I have no idea how other people does it, tho. :p

As for DD's squishness, he gets a self heal eventually that is tied to his combo bar, so what I do as a rotation is attack with a basic until fill the combo bar, self-heal and when available use the signature.

DD's signature is one of the best AoE in the game and its cooldown gets cut every time you use something that consumes the combo bar, such as the self-heal I mentioned. Other very good AoE that has nothing to do with the combo bar, but I use regularly because it is godlike and has a short cooldown is the one where he throws his billy club to make it bounce around. When you add all of this: (bouncing billy club, signature, punching dudes, self-healing) it creates an AoE self-healing no-spirit-spender machine.

The self-heal is great news, I'll stick it out a bit more I guess. Going to try my luck with the BOGO sale as well just to see who I can get.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
spawn-97-angela.jpg
~

thats why you never heard of Angela, because you are 16 and didnt read comics in the 90s :p

Admodieus

Just bought Cap and got Moon Knight as my BOGO. Now I have so many heroes I want to play. Cap's shield bounce really appeals to me because I fell in love with the Crusader Blessed Shield build in Diablo 3, which is basically the same thing. But curiosity is gonna get the better of me with Moon Knight right now.

Mupod

I'm already planning to get starlord but I could really use a stash tab or two if that goes up in the sale. Not gonna go overboard on spending, but I've put like 150 hours into this game since I returned so I'm ok with dropping a little more on it. I haven't spent much on it anyway, under 40 bucks total counting my founder pack.

Sblargh

Banned
I think I'll get Captain America too on the bogo. :X

Edit: Tee Hee, all smiles here. Bought Captain America and got Nightcrawler in the bogo box.

Domino is up on TC. Anyone tried her out yet? I will as soon as this massive patch downloads. Good lord.

Hmmm.. I still haven't gotten around to putting the Test Centre on my new PC. Have to do it soon.

I'm pretty hyped for Domino. Can't wait to buddy her up with a few X-Forcers.

Wish Gaz would give us something on Deadpool the Kid though.

Tasky is the best cap

So true.

J-Tier

Domino =D

--

As for Angela, I think she's conceptually neat. She's a character from a completely different multiverse, shoehorned into the Marvel universe. I dunno why, but it's kinda cool to me haha.

She is a bit redundant though. She doesn't really add anything new besides what I put up above. Though the entire new team of the Avengers is full of redundant members IMO.

Sblargh

Banned
If a team-up sale happens later on the week and I have to choose one of them, which one? Firestar seems to be the one recommended in most builds.

If a team-up sale happens later on the week and I have to choose one of them, which one? Firestar seems to be the one recommended in most builds.

Magik is pretty great, both for Passives and Damage. I'd probably go with her if I had to pick just one.

Bill is awesome fun to watch though (as is Firestar).

Firestar (my personal recommendation) and Spidey are definitely the best number wise. Magik if you main pet characters. Only bother with the others if you care about the characters themselves.

Sblargh

Banned
Magik is pretty great, both for Passives and Damage. I'd probably go with her if I had to pick just one.

Bill is awesome fun to watch though (as is Firestar).

Firestar (my personal recommendation) and Spidey are definitely the best number wise. Magik if you main pet characters. Only bother with the others if you care about the characters themselves.

Somewhat conflicting suggestions here; but I do like Magik as a character...

Here, when I fell in love for Magik.

Sblargh

Banned
Hmm they were romantically linked at some point? I thought they were direct cousins??

Brother and sister, but Illiyana spent a lot of her life on Limbo being tortured and molded by Belasco; despite that, Colossus could never see her as anything other than her little sister, until she manipulated him to be possesed by Cyttorak (the same one as the Juggernaut) just so he could see how it was to be a pawn of a demonic entity.

Drama!

KePoW

Banned
Brother and sister, but Illiyana spent a lot of her life on Limbo being tortured and molded by Belasco; despite that, Colossus could never see her as anything other than her little sister, until she manipulated him to be possesed by Cyttorak (the same one as the Juggernaut) just so he could see how it was to be a pawn of a demonic entity.

Drama!

Ohhh ok, I don't think I've read a comix with Magik in it. I'll keep an eye out

Somewhat conflicting suggestions here; but I do like Magik as a character...

Here, when I fell in love for Magik.

Funny thing is in ANXM she's written as if she's the most normal of the group besides the new kids (All of them suck save for time bubble girl and bring you back from the dead boy).

aborath

Neo Member
Yay got Black Toms Shillelagh from a Juggernaut in MM! Also seem to get a ton more Conch drops in MM than anywhere else.

Heh, I lost a Shillelagh the other night dragging it to my inventory; didn't know that you could just right-click. I was pretty pissed at my own stupidity. The next night, I had both a Hand of Doom and a Shillelagh drop within thirty minutes of each other. Gaz must've taken pity on me.

Who are fun energy characters to play? I've only really been concentrating on my Scarlet Witch and Black Panther, and I would like to branch out. Trouble is, most of the other characters I've tried bore me. I do have Iron Man and Gambit, so they might give one of them a try when I'm through prestiging my BP.

That costume actually looks better in that render than it did in the comics. Props to TheDink for that. Kinda hard to care about any new Emma costumes now that both her NOW and P5 costumes are available though. Except possibly that new "Punisher" one.

Top Bottom