• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

GManDH

I really liked Ghost Rider, he was one of my favourites.

Went with a build similar to this and had a lot of fun with it.

He was my 3th or 4th character to 60 though, so I haven't played him for a long while.

I do like the character as well, which helps.

yea mine is very different. the problem with GR is that he doesnt do as much damage as he should though. anyone have a lvl 38 hero and want to lvl with me tomorrow??

Ploid 3.0

I main Rocket, the only character I have at purple, and the only character stash tab. Looking forward to the review, and the dual spec system whenever that happens. That movie rocket costume looks a bit strange for this game. Will wait to see how it look inside the game. Starlord's look awesome though.

yea mine is very different. the problem with GR is that he doesnt do as much damage as he should though. anyone have a lvl 38 hero and want to lvl with me tomorrow??

Has he changed since the start of the year? I don't remember him being low on damage - but that could also be because my previous hero experience was with like Hawkeye and Deadpool haha..

Has he changed since the start of the year? I don't remember him being low on damage - but that could also be because my previous hero experience was with like Hawkeye and Deadpool haha..

GR hasn't changed all that much, which is actually what the problem is. The rest of the game evolved and left him in the dust. He was a beast at release.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Starlord movie costume is awesome, hopefully its his alt that comes with the advanced pack. Rocket... not so much. and both models look like they are from another game, especially Rocket, they are too... "realistic" lets say.

Dec

Starlord movie costume is awesome, hopefully its his alt that comes with the advanced pack. Rocket... not so much. and both models look like they are from another game, especially Rocket, they are too... "realistic" lets say.

I am going to wait to see them in game and decide from there.

Lord Phol

Richard! YUS! Nova redeemed! I really hope it gets the awesome treatment that the Star-Lord costumes got. September is so far away though D:.

The Rocket Movie costume is also looking pretty bad-ass but not sure if I'm going to get it or not since Nolan: http://youtu.be/ncIACV_Q17A?t=2m23s. Might pick up the Chase costume instead.

Tendo

Can i get invited to the supergroup? In game name is baliun. I am on all the time with no one to play with haha.

Edit: Thanks!

Admodieus

After trying to decide between Daredevil, Moon Knight, and Strange for a while, I actually found myself playing Storm...she's a lot of fun, I love the different elements in play and I feel like I have less spirit issues with her.

Before the BOGO ran out today, I decided to pick up Gambit since I know I will want to play him...got Psylocke as my free hero. So out of my random ES boxes or "free heros" this week, I've gotten Strange, Moon Knight, and Psylocke. Not too bad.

Also finally traded in 300 conch shells last night and got a Gem of the Kursed. Still new to the late game, but apparently it's a solid artifact?

Lord Phol

After trying to decide between Daredevil, Moon Knight, and Strange for a while, I actually found myself playing Storm...she's a lot of fun, I love the different elements in play and I feel like I have less spirit issues with her.

Before the BOGO ran out today, I decided to pick up Gambit since I know I will want to play him...got Psylocke as my free hero. So out of my random ES boxes or "free heros" this week, I've gotten Strange, Moon Knight, and Psylocke. Not too bad.

Also finally traded in 300 conch shells last night and got a Gem of the Kursed. Still new to the late game, but apparently it's a solid artifact?

Lol not sure if you are serious but that is pretty much the most sought out item currently in the game and one of the rarest things you can get your hands on. Great haul mate!

Mupod

I got a GOTK out of my conch thing last night too, have never really tried farming one personally. Might save it for Star-Lord, since Strange has pretty nice artifacts already.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Kick butt !!

Cmon team we need more cosmic prestige players in the guild, I'm about to start my second one!

I'm planning to start knocking out some Surfer prestige once I finish getting ms marvel to 50 for energy synergy, but I'm not planning to go cosmic. I think Red is cooler :p

Admodieus

Lol not sure if you are serious but that is pretty much the most sought out item currently in the game and one of the rarest things you can get your hands on. Great haul mate!

I have no clue about the end game, I recently hit cap with my Scarlet Witch and have been looking for another hero, now having settled on Storm who I find so much fun. What hero do you recommend saving GOTK for?

Lord Phol

I have no clue about the end game, I recently hit cap with my Scarlet Witch and have been looking for another hero, now having settled on Storm who I find so much fun. What hero do you recommend saving GOTK for?

GOTK is generally regarded to be BiS (Best in Slot) for every hero, so pretty much whoever you fancy playing the most! The more crit/brut chance you have the more you will get out of the item though. Keep in mind that it's a pure damage artifact and in certain cases it might be better to go for another utility artifact instead, it all depends on your build.

Admodieus

GOTK is generally regarded to be BiS (Best in Slot) for every hero, so pretty much whoever you fancy playing the most! The more crit/brut chance you have the more you will get out of the item though. Keep in mind that it's a pure damage artifact and in certain cases it might be better to go for another utility artifact instead, it all depends on your build.

Thanks for the info. I'll save it for now as I'm not doing raids or cosmics that would require BiS items, just focusing on getting some heroes to 60 and see which one I would like to main. I enjoyed SW for a bit but Storm has been so much more fun - I give credit to the 52 review, which SW hasn't had the benefit of.

I would love to play Psylocke next but I've heard she's buggy so I might give Gambit a chance. Saving Dr. Strange until I feel I really have a good grasp of the game.

ev0

Also this is a key from GameOrge.com PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THIS IF YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY REDEEMED THIS PROMO FROM GAMEOGRE.COM. IT WILL NOT WORK THANKS

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=858466.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ev0, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg

Marvel Heroes 2015 Random Hero Box (www.gameogre.com) -- MB-85FAA01685CE4298 - Taken by RuneWalsh. 19 entrants total.

t1406245364z1.png

LuuKyK

Also this is a key from GameOrge.com PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THIS IF YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY REDEEMED THIS PROMO FROM GAMEOGRE.COM. IT WILL NOT WORK THANKS

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=858466.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ev0, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg

Marvel Heroes 2015 Random Hero Box (www.gameogre.com) -- MB-85FAA01685CE4298 - Taken by RuneWalsh. 19 entrants total.

t1406245364z1.png

I dont really remember if I got a key from these guys or not. Is this the one that you had to make a post in their forums to get a key? Anyway, can I participate, and if I win and it doesnt work for me, can I give it away to any of the other participants?

Thanks for doing it anyway. :)

ev0

I dont really remember if I got a key from these guys or not. Is this the one that you had to make a post in their forums to get a key? Anyway, can I participate, and if I win and it doesnt work for me, can I give it away to any of the other participants?

Thanks for doing it anyway. :)

Yeah it was the forums one. When their site crashed they eventually put up a redeem link like everyone else did and it went fast. But they actually went back and gave keys to the first x amount (dont remember) who posted. I found this in my spam folder heh.

And yeah, enter if you want.

Lothars

I went a little crazy on the BOGO Heroes
I sold a couple dota items since I never play
dota and I buy the compendium every year for
no reason. So used that money towards
Marvel Heroes.
Bought
Human Torch
Squirrel Girl
Jean Grey
Thor
Nightcrawler
Doctor Strange
Emma Frost
Got
Rocket Raccoon
Luck Cage
Punisher
Hawkeye Token
Thing
Human Torch Token
Psylocke Token
I don't regret but this game is addictive lol
I only have two more heroes left to buy which
is Black Panther and Sue Storm.

Indignate

Does ModBot actually fully work outside of the Steam thread?

I wanted to give away codes using it a while back but I wasn't fully sure.

Strange is awesome; having to finally do the whole onHold & onRelease keybindings has made him such fun and by proxy has increased my enjoyment of my other characters.

Finished my orange prestige last night. Spent another 40 mins or so getting up the last Conch shells I needed for a second Crimson Box.

Got a Mental Focus Headband... Ehhh..

Anyway, great event (even if I didn't get a HoD or GoK haha). Was nice to see a couple of the special artifacts that I'd never encountered before.

Dec

Finally finished my second crimson box and got the mental headband. Not too bad as I'm starting up Emma, so I'll take it. Got a circlet the first box though so... pretty bad luck I think.

Have to decide if I want to use my Groot thingies from the next event on another one or not...

GManDH

doomsaw just stated that anyone who got a bugged day 13 unique will get a new one next patch. open up the box ASAP so that way u can get 2 uniques.

doomsaw just stated that anyone who got a bugged day 13 unique will get a new one next patch. open up the box ASAP so that way u can get 2 uniques.

I didn't even read the level description to know it was wrong.

Figured it was a SHIELD unique, so I'd probably never use it anyway. Opened it (got Life Support Gear) and chucked it straight in my Stash haha..

Spoit

Actually, at level 17, it didn't look that terrible. Especially since the numbers were only marginally lower than my level 60 version. Hopefully I get another of that one when they fix it, so I can turn them in though

Strange is awesome; having to finally do the whole onHold & onRelease keybindings has made him such fun and by proxy has increased my enjoyment of my other characters.

I dunno if it's just the 180+ ms lag I've been experiencing in the past week or just my buttonmashing instead of using an actual rotation, but I've been having problems with strange. Supposedly his cooldowns reset on the 6th cast (or rather, get -15 seconds (which is really a reset for almost all of them), but I keep getting stuck 1 or 2 spells away from the reset, with my whole first bar on cooldown. Granted, I also have the sig and teleport on there so there's only 6 actual spells that count, but I'm also button mashing skills from the other hotbar at the same time

Dec

Actually, at level 17, it didn't look that terrible. Especially since the numbers were only marginally lower than my level 60 version. Hopefully I get another of that one when they fix it, so I can turn them in though

I dunno if it's just the 180+ ms lag I've been experiencing in the past week or just my buttonmashing instead of using an actual rotation, but I've been having problems with strange. Supposedly his cooldowns reset on the 6th cast (or rather, get -15 seconds (which is really a reset for almost all of them), but I keep getting stuck 1 or 2 spells away from the reset, with my whole first bar on cooldown. Granted, I also have the sig and teleport on there so there's only 6 actual spells that count, but I'm also button mashing skills from the other hotbar at the same time

Some incantations have longer than 15 second cooldowns, so use them first.

LuuKyK

Has anyone ever bothered to watch the credits of the game? I clicked on it by accident today and was actually very surprised by the amazing music and by how cool it looks. Worth a view I would say.

KePoW

Banned
Has anyone ever bothered to watch the credits of the game? I clicked on it by accident today and was actually very surprised by the amazing music and by how cool it looks. Worth a view I would say.

I turned music off I think the first original launch day

I clicked on it by accident once too. As you say, it's actually pretty cool.

Top Bottom