• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Dec

Thanks for this. I was going to sign up for a year but changed my mind. I like the service it just has too many bugs that annoy me. For $1 though, great deal.

The bugs I mean are basically how slow as shit the site is at all times (this slowness isn't even because of the deal), and how a lot of times I'll click to read a comic and the loading bar will just get stuck and never finish, you have to reload the page and click "Read Now" again, repeat until it works. Also the words get cut off when it does the smart zooming thing sometimes, there's also graphic issues where a panel will be entirely black or very obviously bugged out and there's no fix, other than use the non-beta reader, which is superior in a ton of ways, so I dread the day it becomes default.

KePoW

Banned
Thanks for this. I was going to sign up for a year but changed my mind. I like the service it just has too many bugs that annoy me. For $1 though, great deal.

The bugs I mean are basically how slow as shit the site is at all times (this slowness isn't even because of the deal), and how a lot of times I'll click to read a comic and the loading bar will just get stuck and never finish, you have to reload the page and click "Read Now" again, repeat until it works.

I also got this issue all the time last year, was annoying as shit. However, this is only for the PC website browser.

I think most people read comix now through tablets/smartphones.

Having said that, their Android app was also complete dogcrap last year. Apparently just recently it got a major re-programming of the app, so hopefully it's useable now.

Because the amount of content available for the price is awesome.

Dec

I also got this issue all the time last year, was annoying as shit. However, this is only for the PC website browser.

I think most people read comix now through tablets/smartphones.

Having said that, their Android app was also complete dogcrap last year. Apparently just recently it got a major re-programming of the app, so hopefully it's useable now.

Because the amount of content available for the price is awesome.

The Android app is fine for me after the update, I just don't really get reading on a tablet I guess, unless it's on the toilet, then I understand completely.

Guess my life just doesn't have many uses for mobile reading, usually read at home anyways and I'd rather my big IPS monitor instead of a little tablet TN panel screen (I use nexus 7).

Domino's passives:

kgC2WSL.png

xEZj62F.png

s02TjFq.png

Interestingly enough, no damage procs, just stats.

Lord Phol

Hot damn those passives look good! I bet Domino will be the new favorite for passive team-up players. I'm definetly going to give the girll a whirl!

Sblargh

Banned
Kind of sad to buy a team-up hero for his passives, him not even showing up and all. Maybe passives could nerf a team-up/work while he is bodied, but I feel less inclined to spend them Gs on passive bonus.

Blank!

She seems interesting. I think the best thing about her is that she's "type-less". No damage procs means anyone can use her to full effect more or less.

That said, crit rating proc is very 'meh' for anyone with average or above crit. And she's missing base-damage rating so even her level 4 proc isn't as awesome as it appears. You're basically getting the proc 33% of the time versus a constant 240 from the other teamups (sans spiderman, +60 for Beta Ray/melee users). Having it be 30 seconds as opposed to 60 sure is nice though.

Kind of sad to buy a team-up hero for his passives, him not even showing up and all. Maybe passives could nerf a team-up/work while he is bodied, but I feel less inclined to spend them Gs on passive bonus.

Sad but true. I actually purchased Magik exclusively for her passive bonuses. It's a fairly significant boost.

Beta Ray Bill shows up for his passive damage procs. This could be something we see often going forward and would be a good way to incorporate the TUs visually while they are set in away mode.

Also the new event for next week will have the Crimson Box again:

617912event.png

Dec

Day 2 is "Chase Costume Sale"?

Oh they are limited edition costumes.

Edit: Expensive and not very special. Lame.

GManDH

Beta Ray Bill shows up for his passive damage procs. This could be something we see often going forward and would be a good way to incorporate the TUs visually while they are set in away mode.

Also the new event for next week will have the Crimson Box again:

617912event.png

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im going away this weekend. im sad im not even at 300 yet.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
they said they will stop adding new event items and the next two events right after syaing that have been new event items. getting very annoying now to be honest.

those pieces of groot are gonna have shit drop rate if it only takes 15.

basically they took everyones complaints that 300 is to many, and dropped it to 15 but has a very low drop rate

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
oh shit :D

Hi Nova fans.

I have some good news to announce.

We have final approval to release an enhanced Richard Rider costume for Nova!

These are the details of the plan as currently approved:

Nova will be released in September as I've previously announced.

As we expected, he will have his modern costume as his default (Sam Alexander) to match current comic storylines.

He will have a second Sam costume at launch. Exact one is still in discussion and approval. Likely all original.

A short time after launch we'll have an enhanced Richard Rider costume with a completely original model, dialogue and voice acting. (We are going to redo this from our original plans to make sure it's completely up to date).

All 3 costumes mentioned above will be delivered automatically to for Ultimate Pack owners, who have patiently waited for the resolution of the Richard Rider costume situation.

We'll have more teasers and info about Nova as we get closer to his official launch.

We are all incredibly happy about this and we'be been waiting for this for a long, long time.

Thanks everyone.

Dammit - away this weekend, so I probably won't make a decent start on the Groot pieces.

Nonetheless, getting close to Crimson Box two in this event. Think I'll actually make it.

Looking at the numbers, those Pieces of Groot are going to be raaaare.

Re: Domino; I bought her, so she'll be active on a bunch of my heroes. As good as her passives are (same for others like Magik), I just can't justify tucking them away never to be seen when I've paid good money for them.

I'm fine with Sam as default costume, and meh, I like him anyway. Don't have mad love for Richard.

Chase costumes today eh.. I might have to grab Detective Deadpool.

Threw on a few boosts last night and started my orange prestige. Makes such a difference when you're running almost 400% XP haha.. Level 53 already.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
dam they are really great sometimes

Q: A Nova + Rider costume pack should probably come in on the low end of the pricing for those things (as low as possible really). A lot of people can't stand Sam, and won't want to spend twice the price of the hero just to get the (perhaps arguably) "real" Nova.

Doomsaw: 100% agreed, we talked about making an exception to the pricing scheme for this costume and selling it at the regular price costume (despite the massive amount of additional work that this costume will require) since this is a very special case.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
this is actually awesome regarding pieces of groot

There are no drop rates. They come from doing the Shared Quests. You get one for each daily bonus.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Nova will be day 1 with splinters and the costume will be day 1 with my leftover Gs but it's still funny how gung-ho some people were that Nova would be Rider as the default

Edit: so it's confirmed that August has Starlord / Rogue and September has Magneto / Nova? Stacked summer if so

Yeah but at least it won't require a silly amount of grinding and boost usage to earn.

Edit: Rocket's new Ult

Fair enough. I rarely/never to the Defender Tokens, but usually finish the Terms and MM dailies. Away this weekend, so I might have to force myself to run X-Def next week if I have any hope of getting a Box.

That looks amaaaazing! Hype!

KePoW

Banned
Fair enough. I rarely/never to the Defender Tokens, but usually finish the Terms and MM dailies. Away this weekend, so I might have to force myself to run X-Def next week if I have any hope of getting a Box.

Why don't u do XDEF buddie?? It's a lot more fun than Holo-Sim and MM?

Why don't u do XDEF buddie?? It's a lot more fun than Holo-Sim and MM?

Only time I do Xdef is starting a new character (all 60's now, so don't do it) and this last week when I've been prestiging - so it's only one or two Xdefs until I hit level 20, and then I'm exclusively LQ's until 60.

Last night for example, DP hit level 21 in Xdef, and I only got 3 Defender Tokens total, so that was it for the night. Straight into LQ's after that. Feels quicker to me too.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Movie Rocket Enhanced costume model:

nkPnjj8.png

Voiced by Nolan North.

zIkYAyq.gif

Volimar

How far in the future is Old Man Logan? Dude's already well over 100 based on his movie...

I don't care, I just want Ellis Rocket in the game. He's not going to sound like Nolan North in the movie either.

Haven't you ever wondered what it'd be like to adventure with Nathan Drake in raccoon form?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
eRXXr8d.jpg

Starlord movie costume, not confirmed yet if it's the launch alt costume that comes with preorder packs. I would imagine it is.

inky

HNGGG If I get that Star Lord costume as part of my Advanced Pack the purchase will be totally justified.

New (possible) fav hero, here we go. In time for my bd too.

Mupod

I keep trying to sign up for this 99 cent marvel unlimited but their site seems totally dead.

I've been thinking about subbing to it for a while but not if it's as bad as it was when I had it last. Got really sick of trying to read story arcs and having to hunt down individual issues that randomly got left out. So they've got another chance to impress me if their website comes back up at some point.

Anyways, 100% in for Richard Rider enhanced pack if the Nova they put in actually plays like Nova should. And getting hyped for Raccoon mech. Kinda crazy how all the upcoming characters are definitely people I'd play, I'm actually quite picky.

trying to get GR to 60 and OMG is it boring. i need to get the hang of his playstyle!! anyone got hints??

I really liked Ghost Rider, he was one of my favourites.

Went with a build similar to this and had a lot of fun with it.

He was my 3th or 4th character to 60 though, so I haven't played him for a long while.

I do like the character as well, which helps.

Top Bottom