• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

LuuKyK

New Emma costume! Different/Long hair!

:OOOOO

sDM4Wtc.png

Jeez you guys are crazy getting your second Crimson Boxes already. I still haven't even gotten my first despite playing several hours a day (with double boosts while steamrolling Midtown nonstop). My schedule is clear till tomorrow morning's patch though, so I'm going to finish one or die trying tonight.

Side note, that 180 FC bundle is actually tempting. Compared to the 36 card bundles you get a helluva lot more for the cost.

KePoW

Banned
Jeez you guys are crazy getting your second Crimson Boxes already. I still haven't even gotten my first despite playing several hours a day (with double boosts while steamrolling Midtown nonstop). My schedule is clear till tomorrow morning's patch though, so I'm going to finish one or die trying tonight.

Side note, that 180 FC bundle is actually tempting. Compared to the 36 card bundles you get a helluva lot more for the cost.

Don't tempt me. I hate the philosophy of Fortune Cards...

LuuKyK

is she smuggling a basketball under her dress?

Oh come on. At least she is not showing any skin for a change.
Not that I like that btw! :p

Still, I think this is her best costume so far. At least because she has a decent face (not her chubby one) and a different/stylish hair.

I like that Emma Costume, but I have Phoenix Five costume <3 so all good.

Very tempted by that FC bundle as well. Last time I bought one was a big pack as well and it yielded a few costumes.

GManDH

Has anyone ever bothered to watch the credits of the game? I clicked on it by accident today and was actually very surprised by the amazing music and by how cool it looks. Worth a view I would say.

i have never watched it but my name is there. look for the one that says awesomeness as a last name. i made it up so that way it stood out.

Spoit

Some incantations have longer than 15 second cooldowns, so use them first.

Just the lightning one IIRC. Theoretically, just using one of the spells from the other hotbar should refresh it, since Winds is the only other long cast one, and that's the one I actually use to finish a cycle

DAT SPLASH SCREEN. So good.

The amount of XP needed for an Omega Point has been lowered to 16.4 million. This is the final cost per point once the system officially goes live next week.

I can live with this. Especially now I'm all 60's, I can already see me accumulating them a lot quicker.

So much in development. Next ~6 months is going to be great for the game.

Looking forward to Achievements, especially considering there are Omega Points and Odin Marks to be earned through it!

Can't wait for Domino (and more Team-Ups). Away this weekend, but next week is Domino week for me!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what the fuck happened to Groot, is that a new model or I just never noticed his nightmare enducing face in game before?

Spoit

Honestly, 19M or whatever it's set at currently seems fine to me, but then again, I'm not watching my exp bar on my 60s that hard

Managed to get a Gem of the Kursed and Black Tom's Shillelagh from the Crimson Box. :)

Apparently these are quite rare and people do Cosmic Terminals repeatedly trying to find them, but funnily enough I had one of each already from Midtown of all places.

Now to figure out who to put them on.

Also, opinions on whether to wait for Rogue or spend my Splinters on Colossus? (I'm collecting X-Men, gotta catch em all.)

Admodieus

Managed to get a Gem of the Kursed and Black Tom's Shillelagh from the Crimson Box. :)

Apparently these are quite rare and people do Cosmic Terminals repeatedly trying to find them, but funnily enough I had one of each already from Midtown of all places.

Now to figure out who to put them on.

Also, opinions on whether to wait for Rogue or spend my Splinters on Colossus? (I'm collecting X-Men, gotta catch em all.)

I'm a big X-Men fan too and Rogue sounds pretty sweet. I would wait for her to come out and see what the reaction is.

Sblargh

Banned
With this last free reset of omega points, I think I'll bank it all on that durability increase, for all characters. No more of this feeling of squishness, every character can somehow cause damage, but quite a few can't properly go toe to toe with a boss that has adds and those goddamn cosmic power circle thingies.

Besides + Durability, what are the best affixes on gear / outfits to increase survivability? + Defense? + Dodge? + Health? + Health Regen? I'm always unsure how to best relieve squishiness, especially on non-tanky characters.

Carm

Opened my box last night, got Hand of Doom. I dunno, these stats seem less than impressive to me.

On another note, Gaz really needs to lower the splinter pricing on Team-Ups to match the G pricing, not cool they are more expensive with splinters.

GManDH

Besides + Durability, what are the best affixes on gear / outfits to increase survivability? + Defense? + Dodge? + Health? + Health Regen? I'm always unsure how to best relieve squishiness, especially on non-tanky characters.

if you are talking bout costume affixes, what i have seen, and do, is to focus on one particular affix. so if you want health make all of them max health. it also depends on your playing style. most ppl use the affixes for attack or for defense so that way they can either do a lot more damage or be able to stand more damage. some heroes also have moves that help a certain skill so to use that skill and increase that with your affix, can really help. IE DD has a move that increases crit rating for that one move, so to stack crit rating on costume affixes and use that move you almost always crit. so using that move that guarantees crit plus an art that gives you health on crit you are doing two things with one move.

Lord Phol

Cool! Found a rare 4 affixes Isotope Costume Core (Health/Spirit on medikit use, +1 Fighting, 400 health on hit and 25% Item Rare Find). Traded it with a midget Taskmaster for my first Blessed Gem of Kurse. Pretty happy with that!

On another note, Gaz really needs to lower the splinter pricing on Team-Ups to match the G pricing, not cool they are more expensive with splinters.

Considering that there also isn't a random box for Team-ups...I would certainly agree...they should never be as many ES as a hero. Ever.

Blank!

Durability is actually not great as a defensive stat. It offers very little and it ends up being very 'expensive' for it's cost. It's 2% defense rating is subject to diminishing returns, it's very possible for the tankier characters to get such a high durability rating that increasing it doesn't actually reduce the damage taken anymore. The health regen is very low per point, as are the HP per level.

The best survivability increase you can invest in are the 25% medkit core and invul core... having both is likely the best 2-stat core you can find (the best 3-stat core would be 25% medkit, invul, 400 life on hit). On demand healing/invulnerability trumps all by miles.

Other than that, Health is generally the best stat to invest in because it's the only one that doesn't suffer diminishing returns. Nothing in the game deals a % of your health (PvE anyway) so you're never really penalized for having more health. Health regen also doesn't diminish but since the nerf, it's not really possible to get your health regen high enough to offset burst damage... and versus non-burst damage, you tend to be better off with Life on Hit.

Defense/Dodge are trickier... it really depends on how much face-tanking you plan on doing. I find straight up avoidance to be leagues better (ie, get the hell out of the way). How much you want on both will depend more on the character, their powerset, and just how tanky you want/need to be. Running Fandral blessings on top of some dodge/spiderman synergy is an easy way to get some mitigation going though. Side note, but projectile deflection/evasion can be pretty underrated against the right group of bad guys too. Invul procs on gear are also not to be underrated.

Cool! Found a rare 4 affixes Isotope Costume Core (Health/Spirit on medikit use, +1 Fighting, 400 health on hit and 25% Item Rare Find). Traded it with a midget Taskmaster for my first Blessed Gem of Kurse. Pretty happy with that!

Gratz, I'd feel bad for making that trade... that's not even that great core -_-

Opened my box last night, got Hand of Doom. I dunno, these stats seem less than impressive to me.

Your brutal rating is ~100 from the max. Your crit rating is very close to max. And your damage rating is 40+ from max. One good roll, one average roll, one well below average roll. It's a worse Taskmaster's Guide at the moment.

Ken

Are there any good guides to read up on a bunch of the new stuff they added? Pretty much everything that got added after Midtown Manhattan lol.

KePoW

Banned
I'm very happy with the Gamora model in-game, she looks awesome.

I was really hoping they didn't model her face after the movie, because I think that actress is ugly.

Dec

I think she's a bad Gamora, but not ugly. Gamora is probably the character I think they did the worst. Second would be Groot, he looks great but why does he act like a fucking idiot? With the stereo scene.

KePoW

Banned
I think she's a bad Gamora, but not ugly. Gamora is probably the character I think they did the worst.

Actually this is probably a better way to describe it. The actress is "okay" as a normal human in other movies, but she seriously looks horrible as Gamora.

Spoit

Gratz, I'd feel bad for making that trade... that's not even that great core -_-

I dunno if I'd spend THAT much on it, but that's probably one of the best combinations of affixs you can get, since the 4th (well technically 3rd) is always RIF or SIF (or maybe credits? I think that might be a normal affix though)

Blank!

I dunno if I'd spend THAT much on it, but that's probably one of the best combinations of affixs you can get, since the 4th (well technically 3rd) is always RIF or SIF (or maybe credits? I think that might be a normal affix though)

25% Medkit/Invul is easily the best duo combo, no doubt. But adding +1 to fighting of all things doesn't make it gotk price worthy. I'd stick with a 2 slot core that would cost me a loki rune if I wasn't in a bargaining mood rather than trade away a GotK on that.

If it was a 25% medkit/invul/400 Life on hit core? Then, I dunno, maybe if I had gotk's to spare? Cause that's like the BEST combination. I'd even favor +1 energy/strength, +200 damage rating, or +1600 HP, +HP regen over a +1 fighting.

But yeah, you got a steal no matter how you slice it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I agree.

For the rest of you, post a picture of her as Gamora in the movie, she looks horrible. Also I don't like black girls looks-wise, but that's more a general thing

Goddamn racist-ass shit

Top Bottom