• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Mupod

3 random boxes today, two from codes and one from splinters. Got Colossus, Deadpool and Mr. Fantastic, none of which were dupes and I really wanted at least Deadpool/Colossus. Wasn't interested in Reed before but his synergies are cool and his power set seems fun.

On the subject of synergies I've been scrambling to level some characters to support Star-Lord and I've made a lot of progress. It gets easier and easier each time, and not just because of the bonuses. I'm just getting more efficient. Today I made an effort to level Gun-Man but his damage output seems incredibly bad. I'm 35 now, Flamethrower is helping a bit but he feels super wimpy compared to the last characters I leveled, Ms. Marvel and Loki. I dunno if I should be using his sniper rifle or not, maybe that's the problem...nothing else has terribly good single target damage though. And flamethrower/mine/rocket launcher get the job done for AOE.

I'm definitely noticing these older characters are tough to go back to after playing the newer and post-review ones. Just goes to show how much the devs have learned in the past year. I was pretty happy to score Deadpool today but not sure how much I'll enjoy playing him since he's one of those older characters.

Good day today. I got Rocket Raccoon from the giveaway and Black Panther from SDCC box.

My roster is now: Black Panther (1), Captain America (30), Emma Frost (31), Hawkeye (31), Human Torch (31), Jean Grey (44), Rocket Raccoon (1), Scarlet Witch (30), Thing (33), Thor (36), Wolverine (30).

Haha I got another Thing token. It feels like a running gag at this point, a character I don't care about at all now has a lvl 8 ultimate.
Something similar happened to me before. I got Thing as my post-Doom reward back when the game first launched. I never used him, because I didn't like him in the beta. Over time, I got 4 or 5 more tokens. I eventually decided to power level him to 30 during a boost weekend to free up item space. In doing so, I found him to be far more fun than he used to be, and I enjoyed him enough to place him second on my list of characters to 60 (or third, if I get enough splints for Cyke before finishing Jean). Plus, the jacked up Ult is pretty handy now. :3

Volimar

I do not like those colors for her.

Kt6bM0S.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
new Hero release scedule accord to Doomsaw is as follows
Rogue:August
Nova:September
Magneto:October
Juggernaut:November
edit:Venom is Christmas

that makes more sense than 2 heroes a month all of a sudden, and there was a "dead" month before and now there isnt, cool

these new x23 pics, whats that about?

that Rocket costume's Groot looks amazing and almost makes me want the costume just for that

Ploid 3.0

Oh man that Rocket Raccoon stuff. I wish I could have two Rocket Stash Tabs. My current one is filled to the brim. Dual spec will be awesome to mix things up between pet and gunner build.

M78 Plasma Launcher burns so that artifact with the +damage rating to burning enemies (Blinding Brazier of Balthakk) will come in very handy!!!

Sblargh

Banned
I'm more hyped for the new instance. They said it would be like MM, but with more event-like/boss-like stuff where everyone works torwards the same goal.

Dec

Sold the Zod rune for 18 blessings and found another HoD with really good rolls I traded for 8 blessings + Moon rune.

Enough bartering with random internet people for one night...

Drayco21

new Hero release scedule accord to Doomsaw is as follows
Rogue:August
Nova:September
Magneto:October
Juggernaut:November
edit:Venom is Christmas

Just Nova (and X-23 whenever she shows up) for me- the second half of the year feeling a lot weaker than the first in terms of characters so far.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just Nova (and X-23 whenever she shows up) for me- the second half of the year feeling a lot weaker than the first in terms of characters so far.

all the villains are in the second half and you say its weaker? to each its own I guess, Magneto and Juggernaut are my 2 most wanted characters, and Venom will probably the most popular hero since...ironman

Drayco21

all the villains are in the second half and you say its weaker? to each its own I guess, Magneto and Juggernaut are my 2 most wanted characters, and Venom will probably the most popular hero since...ironman

Mags is cool, but I just don't care for the idea of playing as Juggernaut, and the only Venom that would get me excited is Flash. Like you said though, to each their own. I really like Moon Knight, Doctor Strange, Surfer, and finishing the Fantastic Four. I'd prefer b-list heroes to a-list villains. I'll probably still eventually grab them from random boxes and enjoy playing as them though.

LuuKyK

X-23 is probably coming out this year. She seems pretty advanced in development based on these teasers, and considering she is a 200 ES hero, I can see her being released in the same month of Magneto as a surprise hero.

I'm more hyped for the new instance. They said it would be like MM, but with more event-like/boss-like stuff where everyone works torwards the same goal.
Same here. If it's a better, more fleshed out MM, I'm going to spend a lot of time in it. It's a zoo, right? Sounds awesome.

I'm curious, am I the only one crazy enough to create my own controller setup for this game? I've played like this since the beta.
vUHGzZq.png

It could be tweaked, but it gets the job done. I'd need to change it up a bit if I played someone like Strange though, so I could go between hotbars quicker.

Ken

ooh, reinstalled the game and opened up some old hero boxes i had stored up

got wolverine (already have) and loki (yay). also got psylocke's costume from a costume box.

--

i was reading the MH reddit and saw this

If you talk to Stan Lee with a level 30 hero you get a lot of cool loot for you account including lots of ES and more STASH space. Wooooooo!!! This is running from June 4th to June 12th ish.

will it ever come back? i'm sad i missed it :(

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Same here. If it's a better, more fleshed out MM, I'm going to spend a lot of time in it. It's a zoo, right? Sounds awesome.

Bronx is chapter 2 extra unless changed but said they might give it terminal too.

New midtown is later this year or next early next year

Ken

hum, how fast can you get from 1-60 now and can you do it alone?

i want to get cyclops up to 60 for the XP boost

inky

If you use everything at your disposal, a few hours (like 5-6). By everything I mean: gear with +XP (including uru items and rune enhanced regular items), XP potions, doing only Legendary Quests, etc.

Or so I've been told. It always takes me around 3 sessions, but I already have plenty of lvl 60s including Cyke.

Depends largely on how much you play and if you already have level 60 characters.

I imagine for your first character you can get to 60 in like 2-3 days if you play like 4-6hrs a day.

Drayco21

How much would it normally be??

$250

It usually takes me a couple days to pull it off, but I get bored and sidetracked easily. The first 20 levels are the slowest, most people do group X-Defs to get there, but I usually just dick around in Midtown or play a couple story missions. Once you hit 20, you get Legendary Quests, which give you XP for days.

Ken

If you use everything at your disposal, a few hours (like 4-5). By everything I mean: gear with +XP (including uru items and rune enhanced regular items), XP potions, doing only Legendary Quests, etc.

I didn't play much when those got released so I don't have much of that (and I don't really understand them either).

Depends largely on how much you play and if you already have level 60 characters.

I imagine for your first character you can get to 60 in like 2-3 days if you play like 4-6hrs a day.

I have IM at 55 but that's the closest thing I have to 60. Should I just cap him first? My Cyclops is level 1. :eek:

let me grab a screen of my stuff in a few minutes. i'm pretty lost on what i want to do since star-lord isnt out yet lol.

Top Bottom