• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

We were away all weekend, so there was no MH this weekend for me :(

How have you all fared with the Groot pieces?

Looking forward to getting some time in tonight.

Ken

ibbSuUEapcE4Sr.png

here's what i have/left off from awhile ago! also black panther at 47.

inky

I didn't play much when those got released so I don't have much of that (and I don't really understand them either).

Gotcha. It's really not that complex. Uru Forged items are just a different type of item that goes on a new slot in the top right of the equip screen. They are either level 25 or 55 and can be equipped by any hero. They only have 1 base stat, which usually is +XXX damage or +XXX defense.

Similarly, runes are a new type of item, but it is a crafting material used in recipes found on a new NPC, called the Enchanter. He levels up like the other NPCs when you donate unwanted items to him. The higher the level, the more rune recipes that are available to you.

Each recipe will tell you exactly what it does and what recipes it needs. There are 2 kinds of recipes too, runewords (which are achieved by combining a string of specific runes) that can be crafted into said uru items, and enchantments which require less runes and can be crafted into some of your regular gear, provided it is at least purple quality.

There a couple of cheap recipes for both that grant +XP, and which use very common runes. I guess you should keep an eye out for them from now on.

And yes, you also get a permanent XP boost for any character you have at level 60, so you might as well level IM there, then go for Cyclops.

Ken

Gotcha. It's really not that complex. Uru Forged items are just a different type of item that goes on a new slot in the top right of the equip screen. They are either level 25 or 55 and can be equipped by any hero. They only have 1 base stat, which usually is +XXX damage or +XXX defense.

Similarly, runes are a new type of item, but it is a crafting material used in recipes found on a new NPC, called the Enchanter. He levels up like the other NPCs when you donate unwanted items to him. The higher the level, the more rune recipes that are available to you.

Each recipe will tell you exactly what it does and what recipes it needs. There are 2 kinds of recipes too, runewords (which are achieved by combining a string of specific runes) that can be crafted into said uru items, and enchantments which require less runes and can be crafted into some of your regular gear, provided it is at least purple quality.

There a couple of cheap recipes for both that grant +XP, and which use very common runes. I guess you should keep an eye out for them from now on.

And yes, you also get a permanent XP boost for any character you have at level 60, so you might as well level IM there, then go for Cyclops.

Ah okay, so Uru Forged Items don't actually drop, just the runes needed to make them.

Is the Enchanter in Avengers Tower?

Ken, go for level 60 with IM. The first 5 lvl 60 characters give you a huge and permanent xp boost.

What should I be doing to get those last 5 levels? I don't have super amazing/optimized gear for IM.

i need to clean out my bag lol

inky

Sorry, Uru Items do drop, and you can use them without crafting any runewords into them even. They only have the base stat I was talking about.

Yes, the Enchanter is in Avengers Tower and should be in every hub. In AT you can find him in the lower right section of the area.

Edit: that crossbow in your inventory is a Uru Item :p

I didn't play much when those got released so I don't have much of that (and I don't really understand them either).

I have IM at 55 but that's the closest thing I have to 60. Should I just cap him first? My Cyclops is level 1. :eek:

let me grab a screen of my stuff in a few minutes. i'm pretty lost on what i want to do since star-lord isnt out yet lol.

You should hit 60 with IM. For every level 60 character you have you get an XP boost; 30%, 60%, 90% etc, with the cap being 200%

Ken

Hey didn't you used to post in this thread around launch-time? Where did you go?!?!

I got bored of just doing Midtown Manhattan (when that and red terminals were the only thing to do) so I went to play other games lol. Also it was a time where Iron Man was really bad, and even though he did get that rework it didn't come soon enough for me. The game looks really impressive now though so I'm trying to get back into it.

Alright so I think for now my plan will be to:

Stack Medkits
Level IM to 60
Level whatever I have at 40+ to 60 and then get Cyclops to 60.

Actually....that plan sounds good except change one thing. Level Iron Man to 60...and then level Cyclops to 60 (or at least 50) cus he gives a +10% xp bonus to all your characters as long as you toggle on his synergy on the synergy page. Which is super helpful for leveling.

Got Taskmaster from my Random Box. That puts his Ultimate to level 3 now.

I'll probably go back to play him a bit more eventually as I did quite enjoy his play style.

Sblargh

Banned
my play sessions go like this:

lvl 1 to 20
lvl 20 to 30
lvl 30 to 35
lvl 35 to 40
lvl 40 to 43
lvl 43 to 46
lvl 46 to 49
lvl 49 to 52
lvl 52 to 54
lvl 54 to 56
lvl 56 to 58
lvl 58 to 60

Play sessions rarely last more than an hour.

There's no way I could outline my play sessions as well as that haha..

Sometimes I've got 30mins to play, sometimes 5 hours, so I adjust accordingly.

Did get Deadpool from 1-50 the other evening. Boosts + full bonus, took me about 4 hours and a bit.

inky

That trailer was part of the intro sequence of the leaked script I read a few months back. It was decent but the opening was certainly the better part of the thing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Starlord is out this week correct? that puts me at 3 unplayed heroes, stacking them up for my return.

was there any 52 review recently that I missed?

Ploid 3.0

Wow Rocket Review this week? Or is it for test center. Whichever it is, I should probably download test center anyway. Need to get ready for the new Rocket.

Dec

Wow Rocket Review this week? Or is it for test center. Whichever it is, I should probably download test center anyway. Need to get ready for the new Rocket.

Rocket review is set to go live with Star-lord which is the 31st I think. A recent interview with Brevik has him stating the patch will be live the day before the movie launch, but Doomsaw pushed the test update from two hours ago to tomorrow morning saying the patch is a day behind, so maybe the 1st.

Mupod

what do you run?

mu pod power level me

the funny thing is it's generally faster to level solo because of legendary quests, which for some reason are not shareable. Depends on the character though. People with no teleports and good AOE, I level in the holo-sim.

Now that I only get 5% xp for getting characters to 60, I've only been getting them to 50. I'm just amassing synergies for Star-Lord.

Ken

Well, I got IM to 56 through MM lol. I tried Holosim but it seemed really hard even at Wave 1. Maybe I was doing something wrong. Will do more Legendary Quests tomorrow; those seemed pretty good.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Storm was the last one and RR is this week. Scott and Jean may both be happening next month too.

thought so, I have both Storm and Rocket at 60 already so those dont count as "new characters" for me. Same for Cyke. My Jean is only 40 I think, so that would kinda count

While drops for some things, like Costumes, are insanely rare, it IS possible to get / do everything in the game without spending a penny.

As far as I know, the only things you can't get as a drop or via Eternity Splinters are Stash Tabs. Those cost ~$3.5-$5.5, depending on the type purchased.

Sblargh

Banned
I never got a costume, people have been playing for thousands of hours and never got them, it could as well be considered that they never drop; but I'd say you can get costumes for free by prestiging and blending.

Mupod

Well, I got IM to 56 through MM lol. I tried Holosim but it seemed really hard even at Wave 1. Maybe I was doing something wrong. Will do more Legendary Quests tomorrow; those seemed pretty good.

Holosim difficulty varies wildly. You got the pyro wave which you could do naked on any hero in 7 seconds, and then the sentinel survival wave which is nearly unavoidable death for some heroes. Some heroes are better at it than others - Squirrel Girl is unstoppable in there. To the point where I'd outlevel the enemies and want to die to get the end chest, but I couldn't because the squirrels would heal me and murder everything until they were gone. You also sometimes get unlucky and your partner is some goober who doesn't fight or dies twice in round 2, but usually they at least do half my damage.

The thing about legendary quests is not only are they awesome XP you get tons of credits as well as odin marks, of which you need 700 to fully gear out a character (if you're going that far). And teleporters can burn through them so fast it's crazy, providing you're rerolling the really shitty ones (crab trap restaurant story LQ - NEVER AGAIN).

But yeah I was just leveling Punisher and he was awful at legendary quests, his only movement power is a roll and it's one of the worst. His single target DPS is terrible too. But now I'm on Deadpool who teleports through terminals in 5 seconds and kills the boss super fast. Nightcrawler was obviously very good at that too.

What's the current free hero roster for starters? I'm trying to convince a friend to play.

I explained the ES system to him, but IDK who he can choose to start with.

I mean, I don't "hate" him.

Just like wish he would go away or something.

I can't stand the character either. It's like 4chan became a comic book character, and I think fandom just killed it for me. Do lot of conventions and so many idiots in Deadpool costumes acting like complete asses.

Xenocthul

What's the current free hero roster for starters? I'm trying to convince a friend to play.

I explained the ES system to him, but IDK who he can choose to start with.

I'm pretty sure that this is the current list of starter heroes:

Captain America
Black Panther
Punisher
Black Widow
Luke Cage
Human Torch
Colossus
Storm
Hawkeye
Rocket Racoon
Daredevil