• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Lord Phol

Yeah I was gonna hold out for release but since I'm going away this weekend I want to at last play around a little before that. Come on techies Doomsaws rep is on your shoulders!

KePoW

Banned
I know David Brevik said it, that's what the post I quoted said. I'd just like to know WHERE he said it.

He's the CEO of Gazillion, and I've already explained to you that he doesn't have a "blood feud" with them.

Ah okay gotcha, I don't remember stuff well. I don't have a link handy on his Namor comment though

Ah okay gotcha, I don't remember stuff well. I don't have a link handy on his Namor comment though

Sometimes I don't know whether you're trolling or not lol. And yeah, I didn't find anything on the forums, so I assume he mentioned it on his own stream, or some other one.

I'd really like the info though because Namor's game rights have been a cause for debate and speculation for years now, so something straight outta the horse's mouth is going to be helpful.

Blank!

These aren't up to date and they're missing some important information:

The very first encounter is technically the pointless "trash clear" where you have to kill 12 sentries. There's no time limit/death limit, it's just a tedious romp through some lava with a shit ton of trash. Very annoying, easier to navigate with a teleport.

1st Boss Encounter: Hellfire has the Cave Collapse, not Brimstone. It does massive damage and stuns. Advice still applies though, when she waves her hands in the air, move somewhere nobody was standing and you'll avoid it. Brimstone has the Slam attack which can be outranged by ranged. Melee's can run out to avoid it but it's much less damaging than Hellfire's cave collapse that I tend to just tank it and CC break after he uses it to continue DPS'ing.

The red arrow (Get away) also causes a DoT to surrounding allies, so extra important to get out of there ASAP.

Not mentioned: If the Enrage timer is hit, the green meteor (where you stack) will start dealing 2+ million damage so simply run away when it's on you so that only you die and not your entire team. This fight can technically be done indefinitely if every player has access to a Ziggeraut and a invul proc shield (you zig to take damage, and shield the meteor damage).

Also not mentioned: Pets are considered people for the green stacking. Rocket Raccoon has absolutely no issues solo-tanking a boss while the other 9 players focus on the other. This allows a much easier time stacking on a team for the meteor call, just in case a member or two dies on accident. ALSO: And this is general advice too, but call your teamups regardless. They'll help mitigate meteors and at worst, provide low-ish damage to whatever your fighting.

Final not mention: The grates on the floor shoot fire periodically. Don't stand on a grate. Don't fight the bosses on grates as the fire will screw you over.

2nd Boss Encounter: Fire Giants spawn every 25% (so 75%, 50%, and 25%) and can 1-shot kill most everyone which is why they have to die ASAP. How you handle archer rotation depends greatly on your team comp and mobility. I've seen a few Nightcrawler players handle 4 spots by themselves no problem. Ranged DPS seems vastly superior to melee this fight unless they run zig/invul core to tank butt slams and continue to DPS (or can "face tank" the hit like a few Colossus/Thing players).

3rd Boss Encounter: Only blue and gold archers can target Volstagg/Fandral. Only 1 blue/yellow archer can be up at a time. Having enemy radar is incredibly useful here because you can easily see where the archer is (they don't move, the other melee mobs will be running around). Everyone should be focusing down the blue/yellow archers. If you have a "top burst DPS" hero in your group (Wolverine, MK, etc), they're assigned to yellow orb pickup.... otherwise, anyone who grabs it goes. There's no buff icon for the yellow orb but you also have infinite spirit which is another way of knowing if you picked it up/when it runs out.

Not mentioned: Pulling fire giants through the yellow fire puts a red hula-hoop-esque icon around them and they start losing health gradually. If you get to monolith, just blow them up yourself or get them low enough to blow while you make your escape.

It takes the two dudes 9 minutes to 'activate' the obelisks giving you a solid minute to blow up Monolith, after that, it'll Enrage and start 1-shotting players. Save your teamups for this moment as they'll eat hits too, pop invul shields if you got them, etc. Stagger any empower buffs on ultimates you might have as well.

4th Boss Encounter: The Sister's HP is now linked, so there's no killing 1 faster than the others. Fire Giant's must be killed in all rooms or else your damage will be reduced. There's *a lot* of moving in this fight, so guys who can drop big DoT's and run around or have a hefty dose of invul procs are preferred.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Future item upgrades will allow you to go to Item Grade 66, 69, 72, 75, 78, etc.

We are doing that instead of increasing the level cap, so the items people have acquired over the last year retain value.
awesome

star lord is up on test too

Ploid 3.0

Finally bought the Phoenix The New Xmen costume, got Loki classic (never liked that one), mixed Loki classic + Loki default + Captain America Director of SHIELD = Black Widow Fear Itself. I like it, I already had her Thunderbolt from crafting.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Namor needs a skill tree dedicated to being nothing but a total asshole to everyone he meets. Powers could work as debuffs.

Ken

Holosim difficulty varies wildly. You got the pyro wave which you could do naked on any hero in 7 seconds, and then the sentinel survival wave which is nearly unavoidable death for some heroes. Some heroes are better at it than others - Squirrel Girl is unstoppable in there. To the point where I'd outlevel the enemies and want to die to get the end chest, but I couldn't because the squirrels would heal me and murder everything until they were gone. You also sometimes get unlucky and your partner is some goober who doesn't fight or dies twice in round 2, but usually they at least do half my damage.

The thing about legendary quests is not only are they awesome XP you get tons of credits as well as odin marks, of which you need 700 to fully gear out a character (if you're going that far). And teleporters can burn through them so fast it's crazy, providing you're rerolling the really shitty ones (crab trap restaurant story LQ - NEVER AGAIN).

But yeah I was just leveling Punisher and he was awful at legendary quests, his only movement power is a roll and it's one of the worst. His single target DPS is terrible too. But now I'm on Deadpool who teleports through terminals in 5 seconds and kills the boss super fast. Nightcrawler was obviously very good at that too.

Yeah I got the Sentinel one for wave 1 and then MODOK for wave 2. :(

Got my Deadpool to red 60 last night. Fairly long road, but I imagine nothing like cosmic would be haha..

Still, feels good. Geared up last night, put some blessings on my artifacts and have level 60 Dragonfang and other gear, so about as ready as I can be for end game stuff with him.

4 Groot pieces. Doubt I'll make the 15 this week which is a shame.

Ken

Well just to double-check, you're not trying to solo are you? Holo-Sim is meant for two people, and it queues you up unless you check the box

Oh I did solo lol. I didn't want to ruin someone else's time since it was my first time in there.

I've only ever tried Holo-Sim solo once, and definitely didn't have a character geared for it.

I've seen some videos of high-geared characters solo'ing it, but it's not something you're ever going to do right out of the gates.

Drayco21

I'm far from good at the game, and rarely have optimal builds of any kind, but always play holo sim solo- I only ever get 5 or 6 waves in each time. 7 at most if I'm having a good day or I'm playing a character I haven't ruined the build for yet. If you're just looking to take care of requirements for dailies, it's fine, but if you're looking for finishing it up, you're going to need a partner for sure, or you're going to need to optimize the shit out of your build.

Volimar

I always solo holo sim. But I just need to do it for the 10 waves for the daily, so it's no problem. I like to solo it so I can take my time between waves collecting and selling loot without worrying that the other guy is gonna open the chest and start the timer before I'm ready.

Edit: LOL at "How many people will type Rouge in this forum?"

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Ghost Rider buffs/changes coming soon. That's good, I don't have him yet but I'm planning to get him as my next splinter purchase (currently closing in on 500) and hear his current state is pretty meh.

Ghost Rider buffs/changes coming soon. That's good, I don't have him yet but I'm planning to get him as my next splinter purchase (currently closing in on 500) and hear his current state is pretty meh.

I understand DP's review is coming up, but I wish they'd just drop a couple of buffs in the short term to keep him competitive.

Going to try out a raid with my SG this weekend, but I'm already feeling I'm going to be the weak point lol!

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Glad to hear Ghost Rider is getting some work. Hope they redo Penance Stare cause I love that power in the comics but it's just so bad in the game that I don't even have it on my bar.

KePoW

Banned
Glad to hear Ghost Rider is getting some work. Hope they redo Penance Stare cause I love that power in the comics but it's just so bad in the game that I don't even have it on my bar.

Have they ever changed that power since GR launch? Cause that was seriously the worse signature power in the whole game.

Vecks

How does one join a group and should you solo initially?

A group as in supergroup or a party? For supergroups you need to be invited. For multiplayer content, there's usually match-making, and in story mode you might randomly fall into a party by entering instances, but you can also check out the LFG channel, although people mostly just request parties for lvl 60 content there.

And whether you solo or not, it's up to you. You can solo as much as you want. Some people play exclusively solo. But parties are good for clearing out shared/legendary quests faster.

Top Bottom