• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Dec

If you've been logging in from the start today has nothing, in an hour the next day will roll over and it'll start up again. I think the next gap is around 22-23.

LuuKyK

Just played everything thats new on TC. Some very big changes on the UI and all those new graphic options are great, as is RR review. He seems much cooler to play as now.

OTOH... I cant say I like Starlord. His powers are pretty lame in execution and graphically/animations-wise. Not feeling it at all. He is pretty bad.

Also, wtf have they done to Storm wind powers?! It looks like absolute shit. Gaz please undo this. It looked much better before. It looks straight up amateurish now. I cant even express in words how bad it looks.

Dec

Just played everything thats new on TC. Some very big changes on the UI and all those new graphic options are great, as is RR review. He seems much cooler to play as now.

OTOH... I cant say I like Starlord. His powers are pretty lame in execution and graphically/animations-wise. Not feeling it at all. He is pretty bad.

Also, wtf have they done to Storm wind powers?! It looks like absolute shit. Gaz please undo this. It looked much better before. It looks straight up amateurish now. I cant even express in words how bad it looks.

They said they are changing Storm's wind effects but the way it is now is a bug.

Disappointed Star-lord seems to be so meh right now. Hopeful he will improve. All I want is a good, not clunky elemental gun tree.

Lord Phol

These aren't up to date and they're missing some important information:

Thanks man! I'll keep this in mind if I ever manage to find a raid group :p.

Edit: Hot damn! Just tried some of Star-Lords low level powers and I can all ready tell that I'm going to love this guy. Going to wait till he hits live before I mess around more, want to keep things fresh!

So did Cap get a huge nerf while back? Just went back to playing him and remember him being almost invincible with all his defensive buffs. Now he feels so squishy.

Don't exactly mind though, game needs some challenge.

Ragnaroz

So did Cap get a huge nerf while back? Just went back to playing him and remember him being almost invincible with all his defensive buffs. Now he feels so squishy.

Don't think so, but you have to remember they ninja buffed all of the terminal bosses, and probably a lot of other stuff, so it might be that.

KePoW

Banned

I don't think they've ever really nerfed Cap. But like someone said, they have adjusted some pve content.

I don't think they've ever really nerfed Cap. But like someone said, they have adjusted some pve content.

Well he used to have a defensive bonus after one of his dash abilities which seems to be gone now, and his defensive bubble shield ability also lasted much longer. Those two combined alone made Cap incredbily tough.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Dunno I played Cap this morning and he seems far from squishy. I basically just stood right in cosmic rings beating on the boss without much problem. His damage is very weak though.

Today's sale is for TUs and pets:

From now until noon PDT Thursday July 31, Team-Up Heroes* AND ALL Pets are 25% OFF! This sale even includes our functional "pets," the Holographic Crafter, Vendor, and our S.T.A.S.H. Access Card. Lastly, on top of that, we've brought back everyone's favorite floating undead "Merc with a Mouth" head - Deadpool!

Xetherion

I'm far from good at the game, and rarely have optimal builds of any kind, but always play holo sim solo- I only ever get 5 or 6 waves in each time. 7 at most if I'm having a good day or I'm playing a character I haven't ruined the build for yet. If you're just looking to take care of requirements for dailies, it's fine, but if you're looking for finishing it up, you're going to need a partner for sure, or you're going to need to optimize the shit out of your build.

Finishing it up? Does Holo-Sim actually end after a certain number of waves?

Alright, I finished Invisible Woman to 60 just now. I wanna do Taskmaster next, but I'd like to know if ranged or melee build is better. Just at a glance it seems ranged is better?
Also which 2 stances are best? I took Spidey and Cap for now, cause I felt like going a bit tankier might be beneficial.

Alright, I finished Invisible Woman to 60 just now. I wanna do Taskmaster next, but I'd like to know if ranged or melee build is better. Just at a glance it seems ranged is better?
Also which 2 stances are best? I took Spidey and Cap for now, cause I felt like going a bit tankier might be beneficial.

Taskmaster is melee with ranged mixed in as a hybrid. You don't/shouldn't bother with him as pure ranged. I do Cap/Spidey too.

Yeah, I went with that kind of build to try it out. I took mostly melee stuff and a few ranged powers (web fluid, shield toss and triple arrow for now, I plan on taking the gas arrow as well once I unlock it).

Lord Phol

The RR movie costume looks pretty damn good in-game. Too bad Nolan is doing his usual voice though, sounds very deadpoolish at times. Still, really enjoying how it looks, makes me want to actually level the little critter.

The RR movie costume looks pretty damn good in-game. Too bad Nolan is doing his usual voice though, sounds very deadpoolish at times. Still, really enjoying how it looks, makes me want to actually level the little critter.

Yeah, I'm probably going to get the movie suit because it makes him look less ridiculous. I'm probably gonna drop some bucks on the game once I get my money next week, get the team-ups I'm missing and that suit. Maybe character tabs for Taskmaster and Gambit too.

Logged in last night to TWO bonus costume boxes. Took me a while to remember I bought Deadpool Chase - and X-Force Deadpool (like a week ago, so must have only just cut that in).

Scored Colossus Magneto Acolyte and Loki Classic costumes. Pretty happy with both.

I think Nolan is a victim of his own success. He's been in so much that now everyone knows his voice work, and he always kind of sounds the same to people.

Think he's said himself that he's often asked to be himself and use his own voice, as opposed to putting on accents/making new vocal personas etc..

I like him though.

Lord Phol

Yeah pretty much what Deadpool and Volimar said. He's not bad but a bit tired of hearing the same voice everywhere.
On another note, I'm really enjoying leveling Colossus. First tanky hero that I'm investing time in and having fun with, might have to get this guy to 60.
I like how most of his powers make him sound/feel really heavy and strong.

Yeah pretty much what Deadpool and Volimar said. He's not bad but a bit tired of hearing the same voice everywhere.
On another note, really enjoying leveling Colossus. First tanky hero that I'm investing time in and having fun with, might have to get this guy to 60.

Colossus is amazing, I still use him sometimes when the SG is running Cosmic Terminals for the dailies.

That roar.

The007JiM

Suscribed.

I remember being on the realease day and i was unable to play this game. Now i have a new laptop and this is my second day playing the game.
I know the game isn't perfect but i love it. Reminds me when i played ultimate alliance years ago.
My user in the game is MisterJiM, im just starting my first playtrough with hawkeye chapter 3 i believe.

any tips for some new guy like me?

Starlord really is pretty boring character in the books, didn't think he would translate well to this game. Looks like a boring pew pew character. Hes only somewhat interesting in the books for having some funny lines and such, but depends on the rest of the Guardians cast to to the heavy lifting always.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I haven't been playing much the past week or two but man I am pumped for starlord and new rocket.

Suscribed.

I remember being on the realease day and i was unable to play this game. Now i have a new laptop and this is my second day playing the game.
I know the game isn't perfect but i love it. Reminds me when i played ultimate alliance years ago.
My user in the game is MisterJiM, im just starting my first playtrough with hawkeye chapter 3 i believe.

any tips for some new guy like me?

Yes. There's a few tips I'd like to give you that made my life much easier in the game.

- Don't worry too much about spec'ing your hero. Put points into what sounds fun to you. You can get point reset potions (Retcon Device) during your progress through the story, and Gazillion often gifts them as well if you want to be more competitive/aware of your hero's build.

- Don't pick up white or green quality items (unless you don't have an item in that slot at all), they're not worth the inventory space. Keep all currency type of items (Eternity Splinters, Cube Shards, etc.), Boosts, Uniques and Relics. Those will go into your stash. If you're willing to spend some money, Gs are immensely useful to buy additional stash tabs.

- Any items you don't need anymore and aren't of the aforementioned type, you should donate towards your vendors to level them up and unlock better recipes/equipment. The leveling is most useful in this order: Crafter > Enchanter > the 2 shops (I picked weapon vendor first cause he's closer). Credits are easily acquired, so selling items should only start becoming an option once you have leveled the vendors all to their max (20).

- Don't bother picking up crafting ingredients (cyan colored). You will be able to get the max level crafting ingredients when you have a higher level hero, and you won't need to craft on the way to 60 anyway.

- Uru-Forged are cool items to have, but only really keep those around you really need. I actually pick up all Runes (the crafting ingredients used on Uru Forged) even if I don't need em, but if you're not willing to spend money on more stash tabs, you might wanna pick and choose later on.

- Once you have acquired enough Eternity Splinters to buy a hero, I'd suggest to pick up the random box instead of specific heroes, unless you really want a specific hero. As long as you have around half of the roster or less, the odds are in your favor to not get a duplicate hero.

- Only play through the story once when you start out. There's benefits to playing through it again on higher difficulties, but it's easier to retroactively breeze through Heroic/Superheroic (and Normal if you have more than 1 hero) story with a higher level than to slowly grind yourself through it thrice. Once you reach Level 20, make doing Legendary Quests your priority to acquire maximum XP gain.

That's about all I can think of right now. Don't hesitate to ask in the thread or in the group chat (once you're invited to the GAF group, if you want that) if there's anything unclear.

KePoW

Banned
Yes. There's a few tips I'd like to give you that made my life much easier in the game.

- Don't worry too much about spec'ing your hero. Put points into what sounds fun to you. You can get point reset potions (Retcon Device) during your progress through the story, and Gazillion often gifts them as well if you want to be more competitive/aware of your hero's build.

- Don't pick up white or green quality items (unless you don't have an item in that slot at all), they're not worth the inventory space. Keep all currency type of items (Eternity Splinters, Cube Shards, etc.), Boosts, Uniques and Relics. Those will go into your stash. If you're willing to spend some money, Gs are immensely useful to buy additional stash tabs.

- Any items you don't need anymore and aren't of the aforementioned type, you should donate towards your vendors to level them up and unlock better recipes/equipment. The leveling is most useful in this order: Crafter > Enchanter > the 2 shops (I picked weapon vendor first cause he's closer). Credits are easily acquired, so selling items should only start becoming an option once you have leveled the vendors all to their max (20).

- Don't bother picking up crafting ingredients (cyan colored). You will be able to get the max level crafting ingredients when you have a higher level hero, and you won't need to craft on the way to 60 anyway.

- Uru-Forged are cool items to have, but only really keep those around you really need. I actually pick up all Runes (the crafting ingredients used on Uru Forged) even if I don't need em, but if you're not willing to spend money on more stash tabs, you might wanna pick and choose later on.

- Once you have acquired enough Eternity Splinters to buy a hero, I'd suggest to pick up the random box instead of specific heroes, unless you really want a specific hero. As long as you have around half of the roster or less, the odds are in your favor to not get a duplicate hero.

- Only play through the story once when you start out. There's benefits to playing through it again on higher difficulties, but it's easier to retroactively breeze through Heroic/Superheroic (and Normal if you have more than 1 hero) story with a higher level than to slowly grind yourself through it thrice. Once you reach Level 20, make doing Legendary Quests your priority to acquire maximum XP gain.

That's about all I can think of right now. Don't hesitate to ask in the thread or in the group chat (once you're invited to the GAF group, if you want that) if there's anything unclear.

very helpful stuff thx!

Top Bottom