• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Anyway to reset a instance? Kinda annoying that I can't auto-join because I was in an instance that everyone left.

Leave the party or restart your game and itll be reset. I've farmed Taskmaster with my brother by beating him, leaving the instance and taking turns remaking the party

After spending many hour leveling Scarlet Witch to 27, I started using Thing tonight and found its way more fun to beat the crap out of enemies than it is to shoot them.

After spending many hour leveling Scarlet Witch to 27, I started using Thing tonight and found its way more fun to beat the crap out of enemies than it is to shoot them.

That's why I usually always gravitate towards melee characters, even given the usual disadvantages. I have more fun up close and personal. If he wasn't a starter character with a billion different copies running around, I'd be maining Daredevil. As it stands, I'm in full Black Panther mode.

Uthred

I'd be more tempted to throw some money at this if its money grubbing wasnt quite so blatant, e.g. the lack of stacking and the crazy price of "bank" tabs

WatTsu

Playing this, enjoying it. Even sprung to get Thor and some Fortune Cards.

That said, every time I try to enter
the Taskmaster mission in Chapter 2
the game goes to a loading screen and just hangs there to the point where I have to restart my computer.

Is anyone else having this problem? Hoping it isn't just me.

There's a quest in chapter 6 called Quiet Thanks. Can someone who has done it please tell me where it starts? Apart from this I've completed everything in the chapter, including the main story mission, but I'd like to finish this one off before continuing. Had to check the internet to find the name of the quest but there's no other information about it easily available.

inky

Lack of stacking what?

Crafting elements. It was a problem in beta too, one which they acknowledged and said they would fix, but that didn't stop them from reducing the ~120 stash slots to a measly 48 for launch. Heck, I wouldn't mind the prices on Stash, but the prices on everything else are ridiculous enough already.

Tip: Right now, it isn't worth it to pick them up unless you absolutely need them, or if you pick them up, don't bank them. Craft some potions or something. Come endgame they will drop like candy, and by then you'll surely have the recipes to split elements too, so you'll never have a problem of needing a certain low level element and not having it.

Tip: Right now, it isn't worth it to pick them up unless you absolutely need them, or if you pick them up, don't bank them. Craft some potions or something. Come endgame they will drop like candy, and by then you'll surely have the recipes to split elements too, so you'll never have a problem of needing a certain low level element and not having it.

As silly as that sounds, you're absolutely correct. I've spent too many credits combining junk together, only to find the higher level ones drop in the dailies all the time. Bah.

Mupod

The elements not stacking thing is pretty ridiculous. To clear our banks my friends and I have a game where we take crappy low level elements and drop them in a line, and see how far we can lead people around while they pick them up. We're thinking of bringing like 30+ each next time and dropping a useless pet damage artifact for whoever follows our trail the longest.

Dec

Is this worth getting really into without paying money? I'm happy to pay money for f2p games as long as they hook me before I pay anything.

So far, I've played about 8 hours between beta and release and I just got bored, I'm even playing with my wife and it's still meh. I thought maybe I was fatigued from all the ARTS's I've been playing lately but then I played van helsing and put 15 hours in within 2 days.

Is there a starter that you guys would recommend? I have Thing and find him very boring, and I almost exclusively play melee in every game.

Kurod

Banned
Okay tried again and the lag wasn't so bad this time around. Finally took care of Dr. Doom and got Storm as my third freebie character. Now I have a quick question about the dailies. I noticed that the red terminal requires cosmic keys. Do these instances drop better loot or give better xp?

Edgeward

You cannot. It's incredibly stupid and pisses me off.

I use an AutoHotkey script to paste it. It works fine, but I shouldn't have to do that.

That is really unfortunate, it's almost like they want you to have a simple password and let yourself open to hacks. Because it's a big inconvenience for me when I want to start a game. Hope that's addressed in the next patch

GManDH

MADNESS

I now want to do a 24 hour gaming marathon but i am afraid i will pass out by 1am because i am an old man.

REDLINE, buy one. one can is suppose to be as strong as a 6pack of redbull!!! it wont be straight ill do some other stuff for a couple of mins, but i plan out of the next 24 hours play for at least 20hours. need to rest relax every now and then get and get something else in ur hand.

There's a quest in chapter 6 called Quiet Thanks. Can someone who has done it please tell me where it starts? Apart from this I've completed everything in the chapter, including the main story mission, but I'd like to finish this one off before continuing. Had to check the internet to find the name of the quest but there's no other information about it easily available.
I just did that one. It's when
the sentinels and tiger things attack all the mutants shortly after the start of the chapter. You have to save the people then go talk to the infiltrator at the start.

I just did that one. It's when
the sentinels and tiger things attack all the mutants shortly after the start of the chapter. You have to save the people then go talk to the infiltrator at the start.

Went back and did that quest. Turns out it wasn't the one I was looking for. The one I needed was a quest at Xavier's school where you have to talk to a teacher and then a bunch of others that I had somehow missed.

Also, I think I'm done going into the single room dungeons. There's no knowing where you'll be when you zone back out. You could be outside the entrance, or at a waypoint 2 zones away or all the way back in the academy :\

Some of these drops are getting real wordy

STdqxhd.jpg

Went back and did that quest. Turns out it wasn't the one I was looking for. The one I was looking for was a quest at Xavier's school where you have to talk to a teacher and then a bunch of others that I had somehow missed.

Also, I think I'm done going into the single room dungeons. There's no knowing where you'll be when you zone back out. You could be outside the entrance, or at a waypoint 2 zones away or all the way back in the academy :
I thought that was a chap 5 quest. Or is it a continuation? I just finished chap 6 but am missing the last quest. Is that it?

I got the Deadpool megapack. Turns out I don't really like Deadpool. I'm looking for something melee with a good dash. Maybe a good AE attack or AE pull to bring enemies in for farming.

Any suggestions for my first character purchase? I have Scarlet Witch (love her but she's a glass canon) and Thing (boring and orange and slow).

I'm open to any other characters anyone else is enjoying. Give me your main's highs and lows!

All of this is just me biding time til Squirrel Girl and Nova are released.

WatTsu

I got the Deadpool megapack. Turns out I don't really like Deadpool. I'm looking for something melee with a good dash. Maybe a good AE attack or AE pull to bring enemies in for farming.

Any suggestions for my first character purchase? I have Scarlet Witch (love her but she's a glass canon) and Thing (boring and orange and slow).

I'm open to any other characters anyone else is enjoying. Give me your main's highs and lows!

All of this is just me biding time til Squirrel Girl and Nova are released.

I bought Thor. He's kinda fun. Mostly melee but he's got some good moves for closing distance and attacking from range.

Edit: And oh yeah, he has a really good dash move too, and his default right-click power is good for AoE and crowd control.

inky

I bought Thor. He's kinda fun. Mostly melee but he's got some good moves for closing distance and attacking from range.

Edit: And oh yeah, he has a really good dash move too, and his default right-click power is good for AoE and crowd control.

An Asgardian Smite looks freaking godly. I'll try and make a GIF :p

Beepos

Despite people calling him underpowered I am having a lot of fun with Punisher and been going through the content fine so far (level 17).

Nothing like a stun grenade followed by a barrage of dual rifles with overlapping shotgun blasts if something survives.

I really wish there was a way you could look over other heroes power trees without buying them. I can't seem to find a website that has them updated online yet either - most are incomplete are formatted poorly.

M3z_

I started playing, haven't spent a dime yet. Got Storm to 17 and haven't felt as if my experience has been gimped yet other than if I had my druthers I would be playing 90's style Cyclops instead of Storm, but Storm has been fun.

Am I just playing horribly, not in correct level range, or is the 2nd part of Xavier's mission where you start in the jungle a rather noticeable difficulty jump from everything previous?

Wynnebeck

Banned
So with my Black Panther I just beat
Jade
and I'm starting Chapter 4. I should be just going through the game and looting for now right? I won;t have to worry about crafting and whatever until I hit 30? I'm Level 12 now.

So my Hawkguy is at 32, pretty fun. I think I'm convinced to drop $20 into the game.

Thinking Thor and Cable. What do you guys think? I wanted Punisher but I keep hearing he blows.

Tecl0n

While right now great, i'm hearing adamantium arrows are bad late game since you don't have enough time to charge, any imput on this?

SUPARSTARX

While right now great, i'm hearing adamantium arrows are bad late game since you don't have enough time to charge, any imput on this?

If I have enough time to charge Optic devastation (up to 3 seconds) then Hawkeye has enough time to charge that.

Question is will he be able to shoot a perfect line of enemies every time?

Also for people that are on the fence about Cyclops.... BEHOLD...

Juice

I just downloaded the game and started as Hawkeye.

I don't plan on putting money into the game. Can it be a good time if I don't put money in? I heard that without paying for XP boosts it'll basically take forever to beat it. True?

You usually have to combo it or start with it. For example I approach a mob, use adamantium arrow. Ronin Lunge through them which CC's and then I have time to use it again. If you keep moving and get good at positioning it's definitely usable.

And I don't know what I'd do on certain bosses without it.

SUPARSTARX

I just downloaded the game and started as Hawkeye.

I don't plan on putting money into the game. Can it be a good time if I don't put money in? I heard that without paying for XP boosts it'll basically take forever to beat it. True?

You'll have a fine time without paying for XP boosts. There's daily missions that you can obtain to turn in for Fortune Cards later on and it can be randomly XP boosts too but there's plenty of fun to be had even without paying.

I've hit a wall. My Thing is level 31 and it's become boring and melee is much harder in higher terminals. I've got great gear, like top end stuff, but it's just boring. I wish there was a way to queue up for terminal parties. That would really help. In fact, I'm surprised it's not in there yet, at least for the green terminals. It's so boring solo'ing them and nobody ever talks in chat. They really have to add this.

I have two other characters Daredevil and Scarlet Witch but don't feel like building them, so I'm at a wall where either I have to buy a new hero which is fine I guess, have to support the game. It's either that or stop playing but I don't want to do that because trying new heroes that I'm interested in would be fun.

Beepos

I put down 9 bucks for punisher and have been having a blast. It seems Hawkeye is actually one of the better heroes too, especially for single target dps so you should have no problem having fun and may even get a new hero dropped after hours and hours of late game haha.

scosher

So anyone know if proc effects that are "on hit" (no mention of basic power) affects Area Powers as well? And if so, is the proc chance reduced then?

noob question: how long will I have to play to unlock a wolverine/iron man/spiderman-tier character?

They're very rare random drops. You can play tens of hours without getting a single hero drop. I'm level 31, probably around 15-20 hours and no heroes or costume drops yet. Maybe you'll get lucky, it's RNG.

wwm0nkey

Like the game a lot but I still don't know why almost every Marvel game never uses Murderworld anymore I say this in pretty much every Marvel game thread but here it really seems like a perfect fit for this game :(

Top Bottom