• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Veggy

Anyone else notice that levelling sometimes takes ages for no reason? I've been playing as lvl 29 for at least 6-7 hours and still only 75% into it, before lvl 29 it only took like 1-2 hours max per level to level up. I've been farming dailies pretty hard but they seem to hardly give any exp so I'm not sure whats suddenly changed from hitting lvl 29

It's just weird seeing people levelling so fast while I've been stuck on lvl 29 for hours, I got bored in the end and ended up buying Hulk and Jean just to have something to do (got Hulk to lvl 10!)

Like the game a lot but I still don't know why almost every Marvel game never uses Murderworld anymore I say this in pretty much every Marvel game thread but here it really seems like a perfect fit for this game :(

I think they used it for M:UA 1, but yeah it seems like a pretty obvious location to have in more Marvel games.

Beepos

Anyone else notice that levelling sometimes takes ages for no reason? I've been playing as lvl 29 for at least 6-7 hours and still only 75% into it, before lvl 29 it only took like 1-2 hours max per level to level up. I've been farming dailies pretty hard but they seem to hardly give any exp so I'm not sure whats suddenly changed from hitting lvl 29

It's just weird seeing people levelling so fast while I've been stuck on lvl 29 for hours, I got bored in the end and ended up buying Hulk and Jean just to have something to do (got Hulk to lvl 10!)

Other people could be using XP boosts. I think once you get to 25+ the rate massively slows down. It's like the late game leveling of d2 - its going to go slowly.

wwm0nkey

I think they used it for M:UA 1, but yeah it seems like a pretty obvious location to have in more Marvel games.

I mean Murderworld is built to basically be a video game to Arcade......I get that Arcade might not be the most popular character in the Marvel universe but I feel like he and Murderworld are criminally underused when it comes to video games.

so the story... The good guys don't really think ahead eh? Theres gotta be someplace safe from the billions of viillains that can teleport/ghost/etc.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Got RR to 31 today and started on Thor. In about 15 minutes, I got him to 8. I really should reset chapters to get the perma boosts.

Also, what is the second to last mission in Chapter 7? I can't find it...That's all I have left.

E: I have little incentive to grind to 60 on a given character. XP is so slow above 30 and there's not much to do (and purple terminals are stupid without supergroups to arrange parties...) at that point.

So... what is the incentive to play after story?

You don't really have visable epic loot to show off, and there are no visible damage numbers currently to flaunt your damage.

You don't really have visable epic loot to show off, and there are no visible damage numbers currently to flaunt your damage.

That's a rather good point. Guess for simple enjoyment with friends like the MUA games.

I'm currently level 20 with Thor in chapter 5. Really having fun when playing with friends. I'm OneKumar, add me if you're looking for someone to play with.

I've been noticing that the starting characters tend to be a bit weaker then the purchased ones. Characters like Hulk, Wolverine, Spiderman and Ironman just tear through guys. I can see why a lot of the people who haven't bought new characters are disliking the game when they only have access to a weaker class of hero.

PS: added myself to the google doc, hope to see some of you online soon

The never-ending quest to find hero and costume drops?
Thats why Im still playing. 30 hours in and I havent found a single one of the aforementioned yet :(

Xevren

Thats why Im still playing. 30 hours in and I havent found a single one of the aforementioned yet :(

Not making a good case here then!

I don't like the dailies at all. I really don't get why it doesn't have the auto grouping like everything else did, or at least a LFG tool. I was able to do the Madripoor group challenge and that was fun.

Veggy

Tried solo farming the purple terminal, the exp gain is pretty fast! Not sure how much longer I can ride it out before the level gain becomes slow again but I'll take what I can get

Is anyone using Wolverine? I'd like to get some thoughts on him, I love the character and I have enough G left to buy him but I'd like to find out what people think about him first (I'm aware melee has a horrible time endgame)

I was curious about Wolverines healing factor too (I assume he has one).
His claw slashes look pretty awesome when he's in combat. I saw my first Weapon X Wolvie yesterday.

Mupod

39 hours and level 40 here, and the same on my friend who I've played with almost exclusively so far, we've both gone through about 4-5 fortune cards each. Nothing yet for either of us. I mean, I was expecting to see at least a hero I didn't want or one of the starters. If you're believing the line they feed you about 'everything in the store can drop', you'd best stop that right now because it's like winning the lottery and then getting struck by lightning. My friend has had little trouble playing completely free but I absolutely hate the starter heroes so I would not have stuck with the game if I didn't have Rocket Raccoon. Also, they use some scummy methods to force you to buy bank tabs like non-stacking crafting materials.

I mean I didn't play it for 40 hours because I hate it. It's an amusing distraction because I have nothing else to do with my time right now and I enjoy playing with my friends. The mechanics are good aside from the lack of feedback from landing hits with your abilities. But I'm getting pretty sick of grinding the limbo survival levels, you don't really feel like you're making much impact since there's 15 people in there. Yet the experience gain is so much better that you'd have to run the Hood 40+ times to even compare.

I do sort of like the system they have with the dailies. Rather than awkwardly playing through story levels over and over, they just have your 'boss runs' neatly arranged and ready to go. But I want to run them more than once per day and still get good loot, and as I already mentioned the level grind is awful once you get past 30.

Well, I hit my wall for solo dailies. Can't get past the
Modok
daily with my level 27 Storm. >>

Had a few relics drop, some of which made me pretty invincible with her til I beat the game. 12% chance on hit to heal 200, and... can't remember the 2nd one.

Also just got a phoenix feather artifact, says it instantly revives you with 1400 life when you die. From a box, no less.

Guess it's time to try out Hawkeye and Daredevil.

Played a bit today. Level 10 Hawkeye.

My computer struggles a bit, especially on those boss events where everyone is around. Also had a few "black screen of deaths" after loading a new area.

What's the blue vs orange XP bar symbolise? Something to do with accumulation of resting XP?

inky

Posted some pics over at the screenshot thread:

s006v1u26.png

s0031iu4h.png

s0075duh7.png

I'm going to try and take some more HUD-less ones tomorrow with different characters and in other locations, although it is kind of a pain because I can't warp, and I have to restart the game every time.

Mupod

Well, I hit my wall for solo dailies. Can't get past the
Modok
daily with my level 27 Storm. >>

Had a few relics drop, some of which made me pretty invincible with her til I beat the game. 12% chance on hit to heal 200, and... can't remember the 2nd one.

Also just got a phoenix feather artifact, says it instantly revives you with 1400 life when you die. From a box, no less.

Guess it's time to try out Hawkeye and Daredevil.

I initially beat that one by clearing his adds at the door and moving to the bottom right. From there just wait for him to port to the right platform, wail on him a bit, then resume waiting. Only thing to watch out for is his beam which might kill you outright, haven't played Storm so I don't know what her avoidance or burst damage is like.

Seems like there's a huge variety of artifacts, some with crazy effects - game isn't stingy with dropping them either, I find them fairly regularly. My friend loves the Cyttorak gem that makes your character visibly grow, and actually found a second one for me so I can be a giant raccoon if I want. After playing D3 it's pretty nice seeing things like this, although the 'pet summon' ones are worthless in practice because of super-limited action bar space. I wonder if I'll ever find upgrades, skrull targeting computer/SHIELD motion tracker are so good for RR that I don't see myself every switching them out.

GManDH

Why are you even doing this? Early game crafting is just a waste of credits. Just wait until you start going through the dailies and mobs drop fundamentals and essentials. Please not that leveling up your crafter is a must but stacking up is futile.

well at first i thought there would be a point in stacking particles but i realized there isnt so im trying to trade for the grene ones but if no one responds by tomorrow ill just take the loss and throw them away. not going to waste time and money on something that im not using.

One Question. I cant do the dailies right now because i need an item. Do i get this item for free after i beat the game or do i have to buy it for 1$ in the shop?

Mupod

One Question. I cant do the dailies right now because i need a item. Do i get this item for free after i beat the game or do i have to buy it for 1$ in the shop?

Cosmic keys drop fairly regularly, don't waste money on them. I don't advise using them at all until you know what you're doing because they are consumed on use.

You don't need keys for the dailies in the green terminals. It's bugged and says you do sometimes in the tooltip, but if there's no little crystal icon on the mission area button you don't actually need one. The only missions which require keys are anything in the red terminals, and the more advanced quests in the purple terminals.

Goon Boon

Banned
One Question. I cant do the dailies right now because i need an item. Do i get this item for free after i beat the game or do i have to buy it for 1$ in the shop?

You only need the cosmic keys for red dailies, green if it shows up is just a bug. They drop like candy, I have over 15 of them.

Also, you can only redeem one set of shards a day, and can get shards from each character daily (so if you have a hulk who beat the game and a thing who beat the game, you can get 18 shards a day but can only redeem one card worth).

You only need the cosmic keys for red dailies, green if it shows up is just a bug. They drop like candy, I have over 15 of them.

Also, you can only redeem one set of shards a day, and can get shards from each character daily (so if you have a hulk who beat the game and a thing who beat the game, you can get 18 shards a day but can only redeem one card worth).

Cosmic keys drop fairly regularly, don't waste money on them. I don't advise using them at all until you know what you're doing because they are consumed on use.

You don't need keys for the dailies in the green terminals. It's bugged and says you do sometimes in the tooltip, but if there's no little crystal icon on the mission area button you don't actually need one. The only missions which require keys are anything in the red terminals, and the more advanced quests in the purple terminals.

Thanks. I may try the 20 Hours-> better luck getting heroes method.

I hope they actually rise the droprate for heroes.

Dec

Costume drops are really that rare? I got one off like... the first thing I killed in the first open zone.

Dec

Can I trade costumes? I'll give a gaffer that Thing costume if someone wants it. I can't see myself playing much.

Ideally someone playing Thing and tired of those lame shorts.

aw. checked and it says not tradable, maybe cause I equipped it?

I got a Days of Future Past Wolverine costume from a fortune card, but I don't own Wolverine. I was excited thinking I got a new character to play with, I'm already bummed that I got 2 thing tokens and threw out the extra before they posted to keep it for later when they fix it.

Moatman

I read from people that they didnt even got a fortune card after 50 hours. Srsly those droprates are worse than TF2.
After about 60 hours, 1 pet, 1 costume, 1 card, and 1 recon have dropped for me. I miss the beta drop rates, got two heroes and several retcons in about 25 hours...

Haven't gotten any cool drops except artifacts, and my special is at 25% (crappy low level 10% boots) :(

eUvGj5V.jpg

Think will stay with storm til lv35-40, hope get a decent drop by then or will buy someone.

Uthred

Finished the story mode with Scarlet Witch (the last few boss fights were a joke - run in, do a tiny bit of damage, get one shotted, respawn, run in, etc.). Took around twelve hours I think. All in all its a fairly mediocre ARPG marred by its quesionable pricing structure, lack of polish and odd "design choices". On the other hand it does leverage the Marvel property relatively well, plenty of "fanservice" and I think thats what drew me back in/made it fun. I'll probably buy one of the cheaper heroes and give it another go, though I'm leery of throwing money at it as it feels like "rewarding" the current shoddy state of the game.

inter

I'm having fun playing Hawkeye, but I really hope they bring back the pre-order packs with the character/costume/currency soon.

I hope they add a new game+ because running these terminals isn't as fun as the open world with tons of players.

I'm shocked the game doesn't have this already. The head guy at Gazillion was the guy who made Diablo II which had Normal, Nightmare, and Hell difficulties. Why in the world doesn't Marvel Heroes have it. The game just feels more fun and alive when you're running around with other players, just feels more populated and fun. What are they thinking. Terminals are so bad and boring.

I think this game would be better if there was a degree of level scaling. Maybe if they had areas for people 0-10, 10-20 etc.
Once you hit level 15 or so, it seems all but the enemies in the later chapters, die too easy and only drop crappy green/blue/purple items.
Generally, regular enemies should be tougher to kill and bosses should be easier. Right now, the contrast between the two, is too extreme.

smr00

Banned
I think this game would be better if there was a degree of level scaling. Maybe if they had areas for people 0-10, 10-20 etc.
Once you hit level 15 or so, it seems all but the enemies in the later chapters, die too easy and only drop crappy green/blue/purple items.
Generally, regular enemies should be tougher to kill and bosses should be easier. Right now, the contrast between the two, is too extreme.
Agree.

Doom for instance is stupidly hard. He's not even hard it's just the amount of time it takes to kill him with most characters is absolutely absurd. This isn't a vanilla wow raid, it shouldn't take 20 minutes to beat a boss in a ARPG. It shouldn't take more then a couple of minutes at most.

usea

I melt enemies as scarlet witch. I've never seen the game throw any group of enemies at me that didn't just die at my feet with zero effort. I take basically no damage from common mobs, even groups of 20. It's almost not even fun how quickly they die.

Bosses are hard though. I actually died on
the hood

Top Bottom