• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Carm

You'll have points to spare, but fwiw, I prefer channeled blast over optic devastation. Both will go through missile deflection but channeled feels like better DPS to me and works better against multiple bosses/X-defense/holsim waves.

It might be better hell if I know heh. I think I picked it because I liked how it looked. I didn't use it to much before switching to other characters to level.

Indignate

Pet stuff sounds cool.

Love the idea of the vacuum feature.

Wish the game had something similar for your character, like being able to set it to automatically pick up all purple and higher by just running over them.

Very nice, looking forward to their plans for 2015 taking form. I think Vision is definitely planned for it as well, and he seems like a character that'd definitely need to be 400+. They probably will use the same tech for him and Kitty. Ant-Man also seems like he'd make the list since his movie's coming out next year as well.

LuuKyK

ELEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKTRA

hysterical.gif
hysterical.gif
hysterical.gif
hysterical.gif
hysterical.gif

Drayco21

Very nice, looking forward to their plans for 2015 taking form. I think Vision is definitely planned for it as well, and he seems like a character that'd definitely need to be 400+. They probably will use the same tech for him and Kitty. Ant-Man also seems like he'd make the list since his movie's coming out next year as well.

Yeah, I'd be surprised if they weren't out in time for their respective movies. Last time they commented on it, the plans for Ant-Man were to make him Hank, hopefully that still stays true. I'll be surprised if we don't see Super Skrull released as a surprise hero outside of the Advanced Pack ala Taskmaster sometime next year now that all the FF are in-game, and Skrull Secret Invasion is the next major story beat they're planning to tackle.

I can't wait to play as Doctor Doom though.

Ken

oh sweet i didnt know you could trade for those fortune card costumes with fortune card drops lol

gonna grab the noire outfits when i get around to playing them

aw where's spider-man noire :(

I spent money for the first time on this game today. Bought Star-Lord.

...Totally worth it.

Star-Lord is so fun. :)

Yeah, I'd be surprised if they weren't out in time for their respective movies. Last time they commented on it, the plans for Ant-Man were to make him Hank, hopefully that still stays true. I'll be surprised if we don't see Super Skrull released as a surprise hero outside of the Advanced Pack ala Taskmaster sometime next year now that all the FF are in-game, and Skrull Secret Invasion is the next major story beat they're planning to tackle.

Yeah. I imagine Kl'rt is gonna be a 200ES hero, and I'm definitely looking forward to him. He's one of my favorite villains of all time, and I was so happy for him in the aftermath of Annihilation, and for how much he's achieved since then. :) He definitely deserves more recognition. Him being in MvC3 only gave him a much needed popularity boost that I'm super happy about.

Also, I would be surprised if Ant-Man was anybody but Hank Pym - though I would NOT be surprised if we got a Scott Lang (and, down the line, Eric O'Grady) enhanced alts. They might roll out Ant-Man before the movie releases and give him the Scott Lang movie-based alt, similar to what they did with Rocket. Dunno, though. I guess it depends on what characters are in the movie beyond the 2 Ant-Men.

I also imagine that Nick Fury, Iron Fist and Iceman are pretty high on the list for being part of the AP.

I can't wait to play as Doctor Doom though.

Hells yeah. He's my most anticipated character. :) I knew he was gonna come the moment they made Loki playable, too! Even before that I expected it, since they were being coy about playable villains.

Drayco21

They'll so Scott Lang Ant Man.

Can't have Hank Pym talking to Hank Pym to craft stuff!

Maybe NPC Pym will become the holo-crafter all the time? Anything so we don't have to play as Lang by default.

Give me Iron Fist fuckers.

I'd buy him. He'd probably make for a really entertaining high damage, tankey stance-based melee character, cycling through different martial arts and physical abilities and stuff.

Yeah. I imagine Kl'rt is gonna be a 200ES hero, and I'm definitely looking forward to him. He's one of my favorite villains of all time, and I was so happy for him in the aftermath of Annihilation, and for how much he's achieved since then. :) He definitely deserves more recognition. Him being in MvC3 only gave him a much needed popularity boost that I'm super happy about.

Especially as of now, since he's
basically the leader of the entire Skrull people, after banding them together to fight the Builders in Infinity.
Annihilation-era Kl'rt and Ronan were so fun to read- I hope they both get their in-game dues at some point, though I bet Ronan will probably be shoe-horned into his less interesting movieself as a boss instead.

Maybe NPC Pym will become the holo-crafter all the time? Anything so we don't have to play as Lang by default.

I don't believe Lang is gonna be default based solely on the fact that Pym has a LOT more costume options than Lang (or O'Grady).

Especially as of now, since he's
basically the leader of the entire Skrull people, after banding them together to fight the Builders in Infinity.
Annihilation-era Kl'rt and Ronan were so fun to read- I hope they both get their in-game dues at some point, though I bet Ronan will probably be shoe-horned into his less interesting movieself as a boss instead.

Agreed. I honestly love everything they've done with the cosmic characters since Annihilation, at least for the most part, and I also really love that
Johnny Storm made young Annihilus his bitch and turned him essentially good. Him teaming up with the other cosmic figureheads such as Kl'rt, Ronan and Gladiator to battle Thanos and his Black Order also was just outright badass.
Also, Annihilators was just super fun to read as well.

I really hope we'll see Annihilus and Ultron in Marvel Heroes sooner rather than later. And, believe it or not, both would make sense playable.
Even more so than Carnage.

Drayco21

I don't believe Lang is gonna be default based solely on the fact that Pym has a LOT more costume options than Lang (or O'Grady).

That didn't save Rich.

I do hope we get an Annihilation-esque event in this game at some point- the Annihilation Wave would make for a really great set of new enemies, I bet Ultron will show up as a boss in time for Avengers 2 and then maybe a surprise hero at some point after that. 2016 maybe?

Admodieus

Just hit 60 on Storm tonight. Unlike my first 60 (SW), I actually enjoy playing her in the higher levels. Besides a Gem of the Kursed and a Cosmic Rod, I don't think I have great gear though. What should I be doing to prep for late game content cosmic terminals/one-shots/raids?

Just tell me your in-game name and I'll send an invite asap.

Same for anyone else. Either drop a post in here (something like this: "Hey, I'm NeoGAFMemeber1 and would like an invite to the Supergroup") or send me a PM with your in-game name and I'll get to you. I try to read GAF every day, but I still might miss your post.

I should also say that you can get an invite even when you are offline now. When you log in you'll likely see the invite in the top right corner where the other game notifications are.
I'd love an invite. My username is "UnionCarbine".

That didn't save Rich.

I do hope we get an Annihilation-esque event in this game at some point- the Annihilation Wave would make for a really great set of new enemies, I bet Ultron will show up as a boss in time for Avengers 2 and then maybe a surprise hero at some point after that. 2016 maybe?

Marvel is pushing Sam Alexander. They aren't pushing Scott Lang. :)

And yes. That would be awesome. The Ultron Mk12 story arc is one of my favorite Avengers arcs of all time. It was one of the last truly good storylines before Marvel slipped into the 90s garbage. I genuinely was sad at the end of that storyline, and it was so well done because it was one of the very few stories that focus on Pym as a complex man, and not just reducing him to his personality disorder, which is what many Marvel writers usually do, especially since the 90s. It also showed Ultron as exactly what Pym tried to create in the first place - a "son". It was really touching to see how the relationship could've gone if Ultron hadn't gone rogue.

And it makes me all the more sadder that all of that was disregarded, and that there haven't been any really great Ultron storylines ever since Ultron Mk12.

Ken

So uh, what skills do I use for leveling on a level 39 Hawkeye in MM? I guess I should ask how to play him since I haven't touched him since he got a rework (if he did get any)?

yes i'm gonna put cyclops on hold

So uh, what skills do I use for leveling on a level 39 Hawkeye in MM? I guess I should ask how to play him since I haven't touched him since he got a rework (if he did get any)?

yes i'm gonna put cyclops on hold

Do whatever you like. The gas arrow and turret are must-haves, tho.

Hawkeye's more about CC and DoT stuff than direct damage, at least in my experience (which, granted, is fairly old, but still). You wanna drop the AoE shit like the turret and the poison gas and then use one of the powers that stuns/freezes/knocks down to keep people there.

Vecks

Reached level 20 on cosmic prestige. X-def 10-19 range was depressing. Did it a few times and couldn't even reach wave 10 for defender tokens. Eventually gave up on it, and grinded the last couple of levels in midtown. Glad to be out of that level range.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah in 2015

are you huge ELEKTRA fan??

no I dont give 2 fucks about her, I thought it was an official announcement tho, not just brevik doing his usual "this hero is coming in 2015" routine

Altairre

Just hit 60 on Storm tonight. Unlike my first 60 (SW), I actually enjoy playing her in the higher levels. Besides a Gem of the Kursed and a Cosmic Rod, I don't think I have great gear though. What should I be doing to prep for late game content cosmic terminals/one-shots/raids?

Storm is one of the most powerful heroes in the game and if you already have a GotK then you're off to a good start. I've been farming for a White Suit Jacket and a GotK for my Psylocke for a while now but haven't gotten either one. I found a Shrinking Serum yesterday though which was neat.

For builds and specific gear, there is a very good and in depth guide in the Storm section of th MH forums.

So I've looked things up, here's characters 100% confirmed for next year's Advance Pack:
Shadowcat (w/ Lockheed)
Iceman
Dr. Doom
Blade
Winter Soldier
Nick Fury

Likely candidates:
Super-Skrull (who was confirmed to not be 200 ES)
Ant-Man
Spider-Woman

If they're not gonna be 200 ES:
Domino
War Machine
She-Hulk

And, if they're going to be out in 2015:
Iron Fist (they said he definitely will be part of either the 2015 or the 2016 pack)
Vision
(Arch)Angel
Wasp
Dazzler
Magik

And of course there's Beast who will be the 200 ES character after X-23, and Elektra after him.

Is a team up hero worth saving for or should I go for characters I like first and a team up secondly as a "just because."

Debating randoming or just saving for Ms. Marvel atm. My roster is a total sausage fest.

Ken

i think TUs are one of those nice luxury items to have but grabbing a new hero might be more worthwhile?

like i think most people use TUs as passives anyways

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I think it's good to have at least 1 teamup, so if you don't have any it is worth it to get groot since he is a cheapy.

Iron Fist not already being in the game is a travesty. His move set is already laid out!

ONTdTWK__sQa7tu5f7EjhfvFKGPpikw3a242YuB9E-pCN9XzIsUtFhE5MvFPKdA4IlcskLv4Wmw=w1890-h772

Golden star gouge.
Strike of the silkworm's tooth.
Burning dove chop.
Palm of forty sorrows.
Tiger scratch.
Drunken wasp sting.
Good fortune thunder kick.
Brooklyn headbutt.

Let's do this!

Xevren

Is a team up hero worth saving for or should I go for characters I like first and a team up secondly as a "just because."

Debating randoming or just saving for Ms. Marvel atm. My roster is a total sausage fest.

Just get a another hero, team-ups as is are stupid. At least in my opinion.

Top Bottom