• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

700 hours in and got my first Boss specific artifact drop last night - Taskmaster's useless thingie from Red Term haha..

I got a GOTK from a Midtown Madness a while back so I have no complaints. Plus a Hand of Doom from a crimson box. Unfortunately I keep getting the white Invisible Woman costume over and over from the blender.

I got a GOTK from a Midtown Madness a while back so I have no complaints. Plus a Hand of Doom from a crimson box. Unfortunately I keep getting the white Invisible Woman costume over and over from the blender.

Dayummmm... Nice.

One of my SG got a GoK from Midtown Kurse a few weeks back, but it seems crazy rare to drop in MM.

inky

I have yet to do a costume blender. I don't think I'd ever do it because I am a scared pussy and a hoarder.

But you don't need to hoard repeats. I've done a few and gotten mostly good stuff. 1 enhanced even. The downside is now I have too many Gambit, Spidey and Storm costumes when I already bought the ones I wanted for them.

But you don't need to hoard repeats. I've done a few and gotten mostly good stuff. 1 enhanced even. The downside is now I have too many Gambit, Spidey and Storm costumes when I already bought the ones I wanted for them.

Red prestige Deadpool basically gave me two free costume blends. It's a great system.

Ragnaroz

You are the worst troll ever.
Circlet is a nice artifact, but somewhat situational.

I have yet to do a costume blender. I don't think I'd ever do it because I am a scared pussy and a hoarder.
You shoud try it, I got Marvel NOW Hulk, Ms Marvel Binary, Scarlet Witch Crossing and Cable War Baby out of it so far. I'm waiting for Rich Rider and Marvel NOW Magneto costumes to come out before I try it again, though. I want to at least have 5 shots at it by that time.

Circlet is a nice artifact, but somewhat situational.

You shoud try it, I got Marvel NOW Hulk, Ms Marvel Binary, Scarlet Witch Crossing and Cable War Baby out of it so far. I'm waiting for Rich Rider and Marvel NOW Magneto costumes to come out before I try it again, though.

I really like that one, every time I see it I'm ridiculously tempted to buy it.

It's my favourite Hulk costume by far. Too bad I hate how Hulk plays atm. He's stuck at 30 until he gets a review.

I'm thinking I'll grab the costume when he gets a review and then I'll run through with NOW.

Wasn't a big fan of his play style either. Bit like Cyclops, I ended up using maybe two powers.

not blending repeats makes absolutely zero sense

Where do you guys get repeats? :/

If you prestige you get extra default costumes. I assume you don't need more than one of each costume?

Oh. I never prestiged.

Ya that's why you need to do cosmic prestige with me pronto!

ILmto6U.gif

40 mins 'til update!
Time for bed though :(

Rolled my fourth and final Crimson Box tonight. Black Tom's Shillelagh.

Fairly decent roll too. Not sure whether to stick it on Star-Lord or Silver Surfer though.

Ploid 3.0

Rocket TC notes:

Rocket can now summon his Groot and a Team-Up Groot simultaneously. Two Groots, no waiting.

Per the above, the damage bonus from a Groot being “away” was removed - it was not going to work in a fun and intuitive manner, so having both Groot and Team-Up Groot in play is just a cleaner option.

Rocket Raccoon’s signature, the H7 Fleetslayer, can now deploy nukes much more rapidly.

Rocket’s turret cooldowns have been reduced to almost zero (previously they were 5 seconds).

Blaster Turret's turret rotation speed increased greatly, allowing it to seek out targets faster.

Rocket’s offensive turrets have received a tuning tag adjustments to match the powers more accurately. This will result in a significant increase to the DPS of Blaster Turret (roughly 35%), and a slight reduction (less than 3%) in Suppression Turret.

Nice they really are still tuning him, just as expected. Keep it up Gaz.

Turret Cooldown reduction should be very helpful in setting up. I spam those things like no tomorrow when I need to move/reposition them to more effective spots, not really being able to look at the icon while things are hitting the fan (not able to attack while hoping a turret spawns from my button press).

Fleetslayer faster cast time will be nice also, the pause in between shots kinda hurt DPS, feels like you are sitting around reloading a big slow missile making the use of it not too pleasant.

Lord Phol

I don't get why some people are so uptight about whether or not carnage gets in to the game as a costume. Sure he's a total psycho and has murdered lots of people, but so have Magneto, Venom and the Punisher. There's also all ready costumes like Fear Itself Thing and Gambit as Death, both who were bad guys in the comics. So much double-standards from some people, I'd love to see him in-game just to have the naysayers (*cough* comixfan *cough*) who think they can decide what gets put in the game and what doesn't shut up once and for all.

I don't get why some people are so uptight about whether or not carnage gets in to the game as a costume. Sure he's a total psycho and has murdered lots of people, but so have Magneto, Venom and the Punisher. There's also all ready costumes like Fear Itself Thing and Gambit as Death, both who were bad guys in the comics. So much double-standards from some people, I'd love to see him in-game just to have the naysayers shut up once and for all.

All the villains being added have been considered anti-heroes, they all had good intentions or runs as good guys in the comics. Carnage has always been nothing but a psycho killer

Lord Phol

All the villains being added have been considered anti-heroes, they all had good intentions or runs as good guys in the comics. Carnage has always been nothing but a psycho killer

Yeah but they have still been villains at one or more points, murdering people to satisfy their own agendas or needs. Besides like I said we allready got pure villains in the game. What ticks me off of the most is that the majority of the naysayers are using excuses such as "but it's a childrens game" or " it's called marvel heroes" even though it's just a matter of personal preference and how they don't want them in the game because of personal reasons.

I'd rather play as Eddie Venom or perhaps Toxic myself, but it's the damn people who think they are in position to shut down others that grinds my gear. I don't want a playable Doop or Howard the Duck in the game, but I don't go around telling people it can't happen and that they should abolish such thoughts either.

Sblargh

Banned
Yeah but they have still been villains at one or more points, murdering people to satisfy their own agendas or needs. Besides like I said we allready got pure villains in the game. What ticks me off of the most is that the majority of the naysayers are using excuses such as "but it's a childrens game" or " it's called marvel heroes" even though it's just a matter of personal preference and how they don't want them in the game because of personal reasons.

You want him in the game for altruistic reasons?

Lord Phol

Game has became kind of a success story of "devs listening to feedback". It's part of its charm by now.

Absolutlely, but..

Providing feedback is one thing, shutting other people opinions down because you think yours is more valuable is something else, and that is exactly what I've been seeing from certain forum members since the launch of the game. Comixfan is one of those, DarkBeast is another. They believe themselves to always be right and love to push their opinions down other members throats. Comixfan for example only puts up costumes that he thinks are fair game on his "unofficial costume thread for.." topics. Which is funny becuase he put up "Angelo Fortunato" and "MacDonald Gargan" as suggestions for Venom but refuses to put up Carnage (hint: all 3 of them are crooks).

Most people know that I'm not the biggest fan of Kid Nova, but I've never mentioned anywhere that he shouldn't be in the game. Just that I would rather have had Richard be the default, or have them as seperate characters.

Ragnaroz

So non-Steam users have to download the entire game for this patch... Gaz really have been messing a lot of things up lately. Hopefully this removes the sweetFX stuff I was dabbling with the other day. Kinda messed up my FPS. xD

Amneisac

It's not letting me view the link, says I don't have permission yet. Is this posted anywhere else?

NEW EVENT - COSMIC CHAOS!
We’re happy to announce a new event launching this week: Cosmic Chaos!

This event will last the full week, until next week’s patch. This event is also recurring and will come back every month, allowing for short-term and long-term goals for the event. We plan to have more regularly recurring events like this, to provide something to consistently look forward to.

With that in mind, check out the features of Cosmic Chaos!

Cosmic Bosses Drop Double Loot - All cosmic Terminal bosses, every time.

Cosmic Questions Answered - What is the answer to Life, The Universe and Everything? The answer is a 42% server-side multiplicative boost to Rare Item Find, Special Item Find and Experience for all your heroes.

Cosmic Prestige Doubled - Doubled leveling rate for Cosmic Prestige during Cosmic Chaos week.

Cosmic Doop Double Spawns - Midtown is more dangerous, with twin Cosmic Doops visiting occasionally.

Cosmic Doop X-Defense - Cosmic Doops can and will appear in Doop waves of X-Defense.

Cosmic Doop Simulation - Cosmic Doops can and will appear in Holo-Sim rounds 5 and higher.

The Power Cosmic - A new Legendary item with powerful potential.

Doop Rune - A new rune that can be found during Cosmic Chaos.

Cosmic Doop Medallion - A new medallion for heroes that like to get up close and personal.

Cosmic Doop Insignia - A new Insignia featuring a Rare Item Find aura for you and your allies.

Cosmic Doop Training Sector - Move over cow level, portals to this special cosmic subsection of space for training Cosmic Doops are available during Cosmic Chaos week.

Cosmic Chaos Supplier: Moondragon - An honorary member of the Guardians of the Galaxy and daughter of Drax the Destroyer, Moondragon is no stranger to cosmic chaos. During this week’s Cosmic Chaos event, and returning each month, Moondragon will exchange Cosmic Worldstones for a variety of items:

The Power Cosmic Legendary Item

New Runeword Crafting Recipe: The Power Doop

New Runeword Crafting Recipe: Doop Inspiration

New Crafting Recipe: Upgrade Epic Insignia to Cosmic

Portals for the Cosmic Doop Training Sector

Moondragon’s Cosmic Coffer

Doop Ectoplasm Artifact

Doop Insignia

... and Cosmic Doop Companion Pet!

Cosmic Shop Items

The store team is getting into Cosmic Chaos as well, with a few fun items:

Cosmic Mystery Box! - A “cosmically enhanced” cross between a BOGO box, mystery box and almost too crazy deal from the fine people on the store team.

Cosmic Penta Boosts - Returning for the Cosmic Chaos event.

Cosmic Hero Sale - A selection of Cosmic Heroes are on sale during Cosmic Chaos:

Silver Surfer

Rocket Raccoon

Mr. Fantastic

Invisible Woman

Thing

Human Torch

Ms. Marvel

Cosmic Mega Bundle - All the cosmic heroes with their stash tab and costume at a cosmically crazy deal.

Ploid 3.0

So non-Steam users have to download the entire game for this patch... Gaz really have been messing a lot of things up lately. Hopefully this removes the sweetFX stuff I was dabbling with the other day. Kinda messed up my FPS. xD

Last week the steam version didn't even have a download for hours. Good thing I didn't get around to downloading the client if it's true.

Ploid 3.0

The rocket changes are AWESOME! Now I have a reason to have reduced turret mana cost from the battery passive. Put turrets wherever I please and fast. My goodness. Also the signature is cool now, pop the shots off as fast or as slow as you want.

hamchan

Um holy crap. Bought 3 random boxes after doing the whole eternity splinter farming the past few days.

1st box: Captain America ult upgrade dupe

and then after that....

2nd box: Doctor Strange
3rd box: Iron Man

WOW

And with those two I've now unlocked all of the 600 splinter heroes and all of them from random boxes too. God I love random box.

inky

Where do you guys get repeats? :/

Well, not only from prestiging. I've got a few from the BOGO/Free boxes too, and a ton from Mk I Fortune Cards as well. I've got Unmasked Deadpool 5 times now for example. I've only prestiged 1 character once and I own all of them.

Volimar

I had some steambux from selling cards, got a cosmic box.

Hawkeye dupe

<sigh>

Fortune cards only gave boosts, but the special item find is helping with the cosmic currency item drops.

Dec

It's not letting me view the link, says I don't have permission yet. Is this posted anywhere else?

They delete the test center section when that patch goes live, and repost the 100% finished patch notes somewhere else. That's why it was missing.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
How many G did the new cosmic box end up landing at?

Well, not only from prestiging. I've got a few from the BOGO/Free boxes too, and a ton from Mk I Fortune Cards as well. I've got Unmasked Deadpool 5 times now for example. I've only prestiged 1 character once and I own all of them.

I never bought any BOGOs or got any free boxes with costumes, and I never get anything good out of fortune cards, so. lol

Top Bottom