• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Blank!

It goes faster with better equipment. Since it's mostly a dps check raid, the more dps you have the faster it goes...it also helps not having to explain everything which is why getting pretty far on a learning run is very good!

Yeah, considering how many dropped players and such we had, we did very well. One-shotting the Sisters encounter was nice, especially because how undergeared a few members were (we should have wiped on Monolith if it wasn't bugged).

Surtur is something else though. Making up another 20%+ worth of damage isn't all that easy. That said, it was a good run.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
marvel heroes is on one of the big slides on steam store :p

Admodieus

Yeah, considering how many dropped players and such we had, we did very well. One-shotting the Sisters encounter was nice, especially because how undergeared a few members were (we should have wiped on Monolith if it wasn't bugged).

Surtur is something else though. Making up another 20%+ worth of damage isn't all that easy. That said, it was a good run.

Yeah had great fun on the raid before I had to go last night (in-game is Admodieus). Hellfire and Brimstone fight had a cool mechanic I thought.

Volimar

What do you mean by geared? All max level equipment? Blessings a necessity? I'd like to try a raid, but I don't do so well with pressure. It'd be great for a raid veteran to lead a casual group of our supergroup in just to see how it is in the beginning. See how far we get.

Mupod

What do you mean by geared? All max level equipment? Blessings a necessity? I'd like to try a raid, but I don't do so well with pressure. It'd be great for a raid veteran to lead a casual group of our supergroup in just to see how it is in the beginning. See how far we get.

There's a number of factors involved including spec and character choice, on top of gear. From what I've read it's generally accepted that if you can kill that 60 boss dummy in under 15 seconds you're totally fine.

I haven't seen any difficult mechanics, it's more about if you can get people who put out enough damage. And if you're not picky with what heroes you bring then you need to be picky with gear. I don't know why this game has hard enrage timers on the 'green' raid but that's the way it is.

I personally wouldn't set foot in a raid without 4 blessings, a maxed legendary and a good enchant. I don't want to be that guy that other people have to make up for. That said, despite having 2 (soon 3) raid-ready characters I can't find a raid group that will take me without joining their supergroup. And the GAF SG was totally dead for the week I spent in it so I went back to the one I was in with my friends.

Sblargh

Banned

It's what we did last night, I think. :p tho it wasn't planned, Southwark/Admodieus said he wanted to raid and we kind of organized around that (almost leaving him behind in the process so you can see how improvised everything was). We could set a soft schedule for raids so people can raid more without pressure.

I think if we have, like, 7 very solid characters, the other 3 can be just all right.

What I consider "just all right" is at least rank 3 legendary (which I didn't have last night) and 2 blessings; on top, of course, to all lvl 60 uniques, a nice runeword, enchants and so on.

KePoW

Banned
Quick question - is there anything I can do to make enemy bosses stand out more? I find why playing they get completely lost in a screen full of explosions and other spell effects, and worry I'm spending half my time just shooting the air pointlessly.

In graphics settings, uncheck "Allied Power Particles". I always play with this off, much better.

Nah blessings are not mandatory. But you should definitely have a Legendary item, ranked up to at least two or three. That's much more important.

We did a guild raid last night, and we had two bigtime experienced hotshot Raid Leaders (Sblgrlgrrglah and Blank). They helped explain everything to the rest of us, who had never done it before. And we kicked butt as a team for the first time casually, so you can join our guild raids too.

KePoW

Banned
That said, despite having 2 (soon 3) raid-ready characters I can't find a raid group that will take me without joining their supergroup. And the GAF SG was totally dead for the week I spent in it so I went back to the one I was in with my friends.

I was online when I saw the message that you left the SG. There were like ten other GAF members on at the time, lol

For the past couple weeks, during normal primetimes it seems like there are at least 5 to 15 of us on at a given time. So I'm not sure what you mean by totally dead.

Now if you mean guildmembers doing activities together, I might give you that. Most members don't chat very much and just solo themselves. Usually I'm the main person trying to guildchat and stir up talk, but even then some other members don't seem to like that very much =P

Admodieus

It's what we did last night, I think. :p tho it wasn't planned, Southwark/Admodieus said he wanted to raid and we kind of organized around that (almost leaving him behind in the process so you can see how improvised everything was). We could set a soft schedule for raids so people can raid more without pressure.

I think if we have, like, 7 very solid characters, the other 3 can be just all right.

What I consider "just all right" is at least rank 3 legendary (which I didn't have last night) and 2 blessings; on top, of course, to all lvl 60 uniques, a nice runeword, enchants and so on.

Yeah I just got Storm to 60 so I wanted to try out the raid and see what it was like. Unfortunately I had to leave part of the way through, but it was pretty casual and a good learning opportunity.

I really need to find the runes necessary to get Bowazon on my Uru Gear, though.

KePoW

Banned
Yeah I just got Storm to 60 so I wanted to try out the raid and see what it was like. Unfortunately I had to leave part of the way through, but it was pretty casual and a good learning opportunity.

I really need to find the runes necessary to get Bowazon on my Uru Gear, though.

hey bud, were you Asmodeus in the game? if so where does Asmodeus come from??

Sblargh

Banned
Speaking of runes; now I have 5 loki runes and not overly excited at making a loki runeword, even because I don't have the recipe and don't want to farm it... I don't what I'll do with them. Hoard, I guess.

Blank!

There's a number of factors involved including spec and character choice, on top of gear. From what I've read it's generally accepted that if you can kill that 60 boss dummy in under 15 seconds you're totally fine.

To me, that's a silly metric to measure things by. Yes, all the fights are a DPS race but if you're dead, you're not dealing DPS anyway (and costing your team a valuable resource... deaths). Any mid-geared surfer can hold down a button on a target dummy, that doesn't mean he'll be totally fine in a raid setting. If he's slow to act or improperly geared (I kill dummy in 15 seconds, then run out of spirit... yay!) he's worse off than someone who won't be dying, won't be out of spirit, but has a 16-20 second time.

The prolonged endurance dummy tests (2-3+ people in room) are at least more accurate DPS tests, but still not a measure of competence.

I haven't seen any difficult mechanics, it's more about if you can get people who put out enough damage.

Unless I'm running with the WORST possible geared players in the world, DPS is rarely the problem. It's always people dying. People will blame gear/spec and not play ability because it's something that can be easily pointed at and say "that's what's wrong!" not the guy who's dying 10+ times to Surtur bubbles. I'm not trying to say DPS doesn't matter and go raid in your green gear or anything, but 9 times out of 10, what's wrong with a group isn't the DPS it's the poor playing.

Ken

I haven't seen any difficult mechanics, it's more about if you can get people who put out enough damage. And if you're not picky with what heroes you bring then you need to be picky with gear. I don't know why this game has hard enrage timers on the 'green' raid but that's the way it is.

I personally wouldn't set foot in a raid without 4 blessings, a maxed legendary and a good enchant. I don't want to be that guy that other people have to make up for. That said, despite having 2 (soon 3) raid-ready characters I can't find a raid group that will take me without joining their supergroup. And the GAF SG was totally dead for the week I spent in it so I went back to the one I was in with my friends.

You should add me to your SG!

Think I'im gonna try more cosmic boxes today since I'm super bored.

Spoit

In graphics settings, uncheck "Allied Power Particles". I always play with this off, much better.

Word of warning about that. The green circles you have to cluster up don't show up with that unchecked, so you have to remember to be clustering up with everyone if you want to have that turned off

KePoW

Banned
Word of warning about that. The green circles you have to cluster up don't show up with that unchecked, so you have to remember to be clustering up with everyone if you want to have that turned off

what green circles? I think that setting only affects other players, not your own graphical effects

Dec

they never fixed that? wow....

what green circles? I think that setting only affects other players, not your own graphical effects

Boss puts a green arrow bubble thing on an ally, everyone needs to group on the person it's on. But since it's a buff/debuff on an ally, ally particles being off makes it not show up. They said months and months ago that they could make it universal so everyone sees it, like a Juggernaut charge but apparently that never happened.

KePoW

Banned
they never fixed that? wow....

Boss puts a green arrow bubble thing on an ally, everyone needs to group on the person it's on. But since it's a buff/debuff on an ally, ally particles being off makes it not show up. They said months and months ago that they could make it universal so everyone sees it, like a Juggernaut charge but apparently that never happened.

Oh I never noticed any green circles in the raid last night, lol

Here are my Dr Strange stats. Anyone care to suggest ways I can make him better?

-==Hero Tab==-
Durability 4
Strength 2
Fighting 3
Speed 4
Energy 7
Intelligence 7

Level 60
Defense 9116
Damage 2162

-==Stats tab==-
Defensive stats
Health regen: 5220/min
Defense rating 9116
Physical Dfense rating 9845
Mental Defense Rating 10276
Mental Defense Rating 10946
Dodge rating 530
tenacity 230
Projectile Deflection

Offensive Stat
Attack Speed +20%
Critical Rating 986
Critical Damage rating 2415
Brutal Strike Rating 463
Brutal Damage Rating 1347
Damage rating 2162
Damage bonus +9%
Physical Dmg rating 2262
Phsyical Dmg bonus +8%
Energy Dmg rating 2262
Energy Dmg bonus +34%
Mental Dmg rating 4203
Mental Dmg bonus +32%
Melee Dmg rating 42
Melee Dmg bonus +2%
Ranged Dmg rating 0
Ranged Dmg bonus +0%
Power Duration Bonus 33.7%

Powers:
Bolts of Balthakk 33
Fangs of Farallah 33
Crimson band of Cryttorak 33
Seven Suns of Cinnibus 25
Flames of Faltine 32
Orb of Agamotto: 21
Mystic Shift 30
Dreamwalking 25
Astral projection 12
images of Ikonn 14
All Seeing Eye 35
Facet of Power 3

Artifacts:
Advanced Crystal of Kadavus
gain 5.5 spirit with basic attack
11% Attack speed
+248 Mental Attacks

Advanced Amulet of Agamotto
When Health drops less than 40% negate half damage for 10 seconds (max 795)

Power Prism Shard
+9% radius for Area powers
-9% cost for Area powers
+223 critical for Area powers

Blessed Brevik's Cowbell
+420 Critical damage rating
4.2% change when you hit to get alot more cowbell. Taughting your enemies and giving you +4200 crit rating for 4.2 seconds. (42 second cool down)

Medallion:
Dr Doom Medallion Cosmic
+20.8% power duration
+266 damage rating
8% chance to cause attacker to cower in fear when you are attacked
+661 health
+29 spirit
=2 to current rank of all powers

Relic:
Relic of the Gibbiorn

Uru
Uru Forged War Plate
Cow kings Blessing
+ 800 defense
+ 200 health
+ 200 defense
+ 100 damage rating on Physical attacks
+ 100 damage rating on Energy attacks
+ 100 damage rating on Mental attacks
+20% rare item find

legenday:
The Warlocks Eye (currently rank 4)

Ring:
Cosmic
+797 Health
+452 Critical Damage rating
+92 critical rating
Regenerate 117 Health when you defeat an enemy

slot 1:
Book of Vishanti
+785 Damage Rating
+270 energy defense
+341 mental defense
+336 damage rating on Mental attacks
+913 critical damage rating
4% chance to turn invisable and drop aggro for 3s whrn you are attacked (30 second cooldown)
+1 to current Seal of Vishanti
+6 to all current rank of all Sorcerer Surpreme powers
+50 critical rating

Slot 2:
Blue Mage's Body suit
+2769 Defense
+1089 health
+134 health rating
+132 tenacity
+1 Durability
+6% radius for Area powers
+4500 health regeneration per minute
5% to create a shield that absorbs 1634 damage when attacked
+6 to all current rank of all Mystic Arts power
+150 defense

Slot 3:
Defender's black coat
+1673 defense
+1317 health
+12.5 chance to deflect projectiles
10% cost reduction to movement powers
+12.9% power duration
3% chance to ignore damage when attacked
When you deal damage with an incantation gain 441 mental damage rating for 5s
+1 to all current ranked powers
+ 2 to all current Ancient Training powers

Slot 4:
Disciple of Dormammu Sash
+1503 Defense
+77 spirit
+162 Dodge rating
3.5% move speed
Gain 4.2 Spirit when you hit an enemy
Regenerate 88 health when you defeat an enemy
3% chance to summon a Mineless one when you defeat an enemy. Max 3 simultaneous Mindle ones
3% chance when you are attacked to be sheathed in mystical flames causing 5888 mental damage to enemies when they attack you (30 second cool down)
+2 to current rank all powers
+1 to dream walking
+150 defense

Slot 5:
Eye of Agamotto
+1536 Defense
+191 critical rating
+283 brutal strike down damage rating
+1 intelligence
+82 spirit
+11.3% rare item find
+9.1 Special item find
+4 to current rank Astral powers
+4 to current rank of All Seeing Eye
+50 damage rating on mental attacks

Costume
Grade 1: Regenerate 245 Health on enemy defeat
Grade 2: +3% attack speed
Grade 3: +1322 Health
Grade 4: +504 damage rating
Core: +25% special item find
Gain 400 health when you hit an enemy
+1331 health

Insignia:
Insignia of Spider-man (Avengers)
Witty Banter Aura: When you or nearby allies deal damage to an enemy, there is a 4.4 % chance to confuse them for 3s
+1350 health
10% chance to slow target for 5s when you hit

Mupod

On my Strange I use Doc Ock Arms in slot 2 and Cerebro Remote Interface in slot 5. Your artifacts aren't great either...if you can't find something like a danger AI chip or mental focus headband, try and get some +1 to stats artifacts like a metasensory array. Strange benefits a LOT from that since he uses so many offensive skills.

You should add me to your SG!

Think I'im gonna try more cosmic boxes today since I'm super bored.

I can't add you if you don't tell me your damn name

also I got one of those boxes and it had ghost rider and a galactic guardian boost in it.

Had an absolute blast with Iron Man this weekend. Starting to gear him up a little bit, but straight out of the gates, with average gear, some level 40 uniques and mediocre artifacts, he was streamrolling Red Kurse and holding his own in Cosmics!

Tried some Cosmic Kurse with the missus last night, her with Ms. Marvel and we stomped Kurse as well.

Loving this Iron Man review, it's great. He feels extremely well-rounded now and very, very enjoyable.

WatTsu

Hey guys n' gals:

I've just started getting back into this because I have wanted to play something Diablo-esque lately. It doesn't run super well on my Surface Pro but it runs well enough to play. I have 1250 G right now and I want to buy a new hero (I've been rocking Thor for a while but I want to try something else).

So my options are:

Star-Lord, with the Groot team-up
or
Rocket Raccoon (or Ms. Marvel maybe), with a Cosmic mystery box and a Fortune card (or two?)

What's the best way to go? I haven't really played this much since last year.

Personally I thought it was waaay better than Avengers. Such a good movie. I already want to watch it again.

We were saying last night that we can't wait to watch it again too. Missus isn't even up on all the GotG stuff, but still thoroughly enjoyed it. She only had a few questions for me on Ronan, the Nova etc, but still completely loved it as a space caper. Lots of warm moments too that I wasn't really expecting, and they did the origins stuff really well, considering the short amount of time they had to cram everything in there.

Will own day one on Blu for sure.

Blank!

There's a "wooshing" sound and a message appears on your screen telling you when the green circles are there. I play with it off so I never see circles unless they're on me.

Hey guys n' gals:

I've just started getting back into this because I have wanted to play something Diablo-esque lately. It doesn't run super well on my Surface Pro but it runs well enough to play. I have 1250 G right now and I want to buy a new hero (I've been rocking Thor for a while but I want to try something else).

So my options are:

Star-Lord, with the Groot team-up
or
Rocket Raccoon (or Ms. Marvel maybe), with a Cosmic mystery box and a Fortune card (or two?)

What's the best way to go? I haven't really played this much since last year.

Star-Lord was a lot of fun, but personally, I found him a bit tricky/squishy early on. He beefs up and gets really fun at 60 but I had to do a few re-specs before I was really happy with progression, especially in the 20-40 brackets.

I haven't played Rocket yet since his 52 review, but, coupled with the tweaks he had last patch, is supposed to be good fun now. I'll play him again soon for a prestige level or two.

How's everyone going for Worldstone pieces?

I think I ended the weekend with about 280 pieces, and didn't really play anywhere near as much as I normally would for a big event like this.

Did one run of Doop Space Nine with my Supergroup. Daaaaaamn, it was awesome. Great fun. And SO much loot. We were all cursing for not taking along a holo vendor though haha..

Seems like a lot of "long-run" stuff seeping into MH now. 2000 pieces for the Doop Pet alone.. Wow, going to take me ages to get that, but I am really looking forward to having a Doop running around with me!

15 seconds really? Maybe I should try my Strange. I can kill the boss dummy in about 10-12 seconds (without ultimate of course).

Top Bottom