• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Vecks

Is a team up hero worth saving for or should I go for characters I like first and a team up secondly as a "just because."

Debating randoming or just saving for Ms. Marvel atm. My roster is a total sausage fest.

It's nice to have one. They aren't that important (by design I suppose since not everyone will have one), but I like to think of them as an extra signature power. Maybe you should go for Ms. Marvel first since your roster is, um, infested with sausages, then get one of the cheaper team ups of your choice afterwards.

KePoW

Banned
Is a team up hero worth saving for or should I go for characters I like first and a team up secondly as a "just because."

Debating randoming or just saving for Ms. Marvel atm. My roster is a total sausage fest.

I would get one TU first, but get someone you like as a character, not for game balance. Don't mix-max in this game.

You can use that TU on every character you own so it's worth it.

Ken

Ugh, really not feeling Hawkeye even though I'm doing his Nerve Gas + Shrieking + Explosive combo.
But I suppose that's why we have so many heroes to choose from. Oh well, I'll try to tough it out to 60 anyway for the XP bonus.

Tendo

Anyone have any decent starlord builds? Level 28 and I feel I'm always waiting for a cool down. Focusing on strafing run, cluster bomb, and cryro grenade. Doing ok against groups but suffering in single target.

Ken

Anyone have any decent starlord builds? Level 28 and I feel I'm always waiting for a cool down. Focusing on strafing run, cluster bomb, and cryro grenade. Doing ok against groups but suffering in single target.

During leveling I focused on those things; it was a lot of movement and spirit heavy so :(. Oh yeah, also used Empty the Clips I think. Once I got Element Gun unique I focused on putting burning on enemies and procing the Elemental Reload damage bonus with that one ability right above Empty the Clips.

How much (in dollars) was the last advance pack? (and probably this new one?)

There were two packs, one for $100 and a deluxe one for $130. The latter had more costumes, retcons and fortune cards included.

At your level, Empty the Clips will be your ST spender on top of the Starship attacks.

How much (in dollars) was the last advance pack? (and probably this new one?)

There were two packs, one for $100 and a deluxe one for $130. The latter had more costumes, retcons and fortune cards included.

This.

There were 2 options for the AP, regular and deluxe. The regular pack for 100$ had the 12 400+ ES heroes planned for 2014, their stashes, 12 retcons, and 12 Mark 4, 5 and 6 Fortune Cards each.
The deluxe pack for 130$ had the heroes, their stashes, their release costume, 24 retcons, 24 of each of the above card types, and 2 additional costumes (Horsemen Gambit and Fear Itself Wolverine) about a month prior to their general release. Plus if you bought the deluxe pack before the start of 2014, you got Ghost Rider+stash for free.

In the end the pack wasn't worth it because they had released the much superior Mac package which has 8 heroes (most of which were out of the AP), exclusive costumes, an exclusive team-up, a boatload of regular costumes, an exclusive forum title+avatar and several additional goodies such as exclusive boosts and some fortune cards, and is also 100$.

i was really tempted to get the mac pack for that black invis woman costume

I got the deluxe AP, and even though I'm tempted, 100$ for a few boosts/cards, costumes, even tho one of em is entirely exclusive, a team-up and a forum avatar+title doesn't seem very appealing to me.

The worst part is that the team-up is Dr. Doom, and they're likely going to put him and the inverted Future Foundation alts into fortune cards.

If they had a deal that's 50$ but doesn't include any heroes/stashes, but all of the Mac pack's other goodies, I'd buy it.

Ken

I got the deluxe AP, and even though I'm tempted, 100$ for a few boosts/cards, costumes, even tho one of em is entirely exclusive, a team-up and a forum avatar+title doesn't seem very appealing to me.

The worst part is that the team-up is Dr. Doom, and they're likely going to put him and the inverted Future Foundation alts into fortune cards.

If they had a deal that's 50$ but doesn't include any heroes/stashes, but all of the Mac pack's other goodies, I'd buy it.

i would have bought it if i didn't already own like 6/8 of the heroes lol

KePoW

Banned

Yeah I don't even want to think about the fortune card business, because that pisses me off. grr whatever

Ken

Yeah I don't even want to think about the fortune card business, because that pisses me off. grr whatever

they're pretty bad, but I do appreciate that they added those currencies in them to let you build up towards a FC costume

i would have bought it if i didn't already own like 6/8 of the heroes lol

I own all of the heroes, their stashes (except Taskmaster's) and most of the costumes. But I really would love to get my hands on that white GotG armor variant for Iron Man, the inverted FuFo alts, and the Dr. Doom team-up.

I usually have no qualms throwing down money on Gazillion even if I get duplicate stuff (which hasn't happened so far), but this is just too much for me getting too little. :/

David Brevik said in a podcast they'd try to accommodate the UP/AP owners in some way, but nothing's been mentioned in that regard since early June, so yeah. That's likely gonna be not happening.

they're pretty bad, but I do appreciate that they added those currencies in them to let you build up towards a FC costume

I have opened 60 or of the fortune cards that have the black Spider-Man teamup in them. I haven't gotten a single costume or team-up out of them. The worst case is that you have to buy what, almost 100 fortune cards to guarantee yourself that item you want, and that's like I think 70 bucks.

Ken

I have opened 60 or of the fortune cards that have the black Spider-Man teamup in them. I haven't gotten a single costume or team-up out of them. The worst case is that you have to buy what, almost 100 fortune cards to guarantee yourself that item you want, and that's like I think 70 bucks.

what's special about that team up?

Spoit

I own all of the heroes, their stashes (except Taskmaster's) and most of the costumes. But I really would love to get my hands on that white GotG armor variant for Iron Man, the inverted FuFo alts, and the Dr. Doom team-up.

I usually have no qualms throwing down money on Gazillion even if I get duplicate stuff (which hasn't happened so far), but this is just too much for me getting too little. :/

David Brevik said in a podcast they'd try to accommodate the UP/AP owners in some way, but nothing's been mentioned in that regard since early June, so yeah. That's likely gonna be not happening.

95 IIRC

Ken

I am a bit of a hoarder, at least when it comes to gameplay content specifically. I want to have the full roster of both heroes and team ups. I didn't think I'd get this unlucky with those cards, though.
Plus, that Spider-Man fights ranged, so he's not just a skin for the regular Spidey team-up.

Sounds about right.

oh i see. i bought a lot of FCs trying to get punisher noire during the previous sale. pulled 2 deadpool ultimates instead ;_;

oh i see. i bought a lot of FCs trying to get punisher noire during the previous sale. pulled 2 deadpool ultimates instead ;_;

Yeah, Punisher Noir is the only Punisher suit I actually like lol. I might actually play Punisher in the off-chance of me ever getting that suit.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah, Punisher Noir is the only Punisher suit I actually like lol. I might actually play Punisher in the off-chance of me ever getting that suit.

The free one from the 1 year event is pretty dope.

KePoW

Banned

Yeah, but unfortunately the one remaining FC costume I really want doesn't even have that option...

The Black Capt America one

LuuKyK

Just came back from my first time watching GoTG.

What an amazing movie. Totally worth it watching it on IMAX too. Very good use of 3D.

I have to take care of a few things, I'll be ready for the raid in about 20 minutes, I hope you guys can bear with me.

Yeah, but unfortunately the one remaining FC costume I really want doesn't even have that option...

The Black Capt America one

CaptainAmerica_TheCaptain_Costume.png

Is it this one? I actually have that one from the UP. I don't even like it all that much lol. I prefer the Director of SHIELD one with the holo shield a lot more.

Oh, the unstable molecule recipe is available.

200 cube shards and the crafting cost is 500K credits and ten cosmics. Time to start saving. I guess it was wishful thinking to think it would just be added to the crafter.

hamchan

200 cube shards and the crafting cost is 500K credits and ten cosmics. Time to start saving. I guess it was wishful thinking to think it would just be added to the crafter.

I think they went a bit overboard with that cost tbh.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

When I first read that I thought it was 200 cube shards PER MOLECULE and was like LOL FUCK THAT

200 for the recipe isn't great, but I guess I should start doing my dumb terminals every day.

Ken

are there buff/debuff/aoe duration icons i can turn on anywhere? it's really hard to see if my nerve gas is up or not

Are they fucking serious? This should be added to the damn crafter. What the fuck, I'm legit pissed right now. 200 cube shards just for the recipe, jesus christ.

Xyber

Got my first character (Storm) to 60 today, time to start leveling up the other 5. :p I've gotten Loki, Thor, Moon Knight, Luke Cage and Squirrel Girl from my random hero boxes so far.

Ragnaroz

Are they fucking serious? This should be added to the damn crafter. What the fuck, I'm legit pissed right now. 200 cube shards just for the recipe, jesus christ.
Every new recipe is like that. They added unbind medallions last week and it costs the same.

Vecks

are there buff/debuff/aoe duration icons i can turn on anywhere? it's really hard to see if my nerve gas is up or not

For AoE? I don't think so. Are your damage numbers turned on? Barring buffs from other players, DoT attacks do consistent damage so you should be able to tell if it's working by seeing the same exact number of damage over an area.

So we just finished the raid, even though we had to dispense with Surtur on grounds of several people having to leave.

First off, I apologize to everyone on the team for being undergeared - I didn't think that it was necessary THAT much.

That said, even with top end gear, it looks like the bosses are super slow and boring/exhausting to fight because they have SO MUCH health. Not sure I'd want to do raids even with a well equipped hero. :|

Xevren

Raid wasn't as bad as I thought, though I just avoid randoms for it all the time. Gear is definitely an issue, but if someone wanted some help with it I don't mind farming or giving them some stuff. Just speak up if you need either some guidance or a helping hand.

Could make this a weekly thing for the guild too.

KePoW

Banned
So we just finished the raid, even though we had to dispense with Surtur on grounds of several people having to leave.

First off, I apologize to everyone on the team for being undergeared - I didn't think that it was necessary THAT much.

Well it wasn't that necessary, we got to Surtur =P

Sblargh

Banned
All the bosses have some kind of DPS-race factor to it, but that's not all that they are; even the simple switch back and forth thing of the twins already is something different.

Like, the monolith fight is very fun, probably my favorite; having to patrol the area around the NPCs, kite giants, use the buffs, it's a lot of small things to do there; but then you literally attack a stone that is standing still at the end. Haha.

I hope there is more creativity in the next raid, but this one already is a good indication that this is something that, today at least, you can only get in this game; it's long 10-person boss fights without healers or tanks, but also it isn't everyone doing the same kind of thing because the characters themselves are so unique; you have to work as a team, but you aren't babysitting anyone or expecting other people to protect/heal you. You do your thing, but you do it in the context of an unit or stuff doesn't work.

Again, I hope they can get this unique set of building blocks they have and do something crazy with the next raid; this one feels more like training, to be honest, gear checks / DPS checks / "can-you-work-as-a-team-in-a-very-basic-way?" checks

That said, even with top end gear, it looks like the bosses are super slow and boring/exhausting to fight because they have SO MUCH health. Not sure I'd want to do raids even with a well equipped hero. :|

It goes faster with better equipment. Since it's mostly a dps check raid, the more dps you have the faster it goes...it also helps not having to explain everything which is why getting pretty far on a learning run is very good!

Got my first character (Storm) to 60 today, time to start leveling up the other 5. :p I've gotten Loki, Thor, Moon Knight, Luke Cage and Squirrel Girl from my random hero boxes so far.

Do Squirrel Girl next. By far the most survivable character with the least work. Good ranged damage, fantastic heal, projectile reflection, efficient spirit use and Tara Strong voice acting.

Maledict

Quick question - is there anything I can do to make enemy bosses stand out more? I find why playing they get completely lost in a screen full of explosions and other spell effects, and worry I'm spending half my time just shooting the air pointlessly.

Dec

Quick question - is there anything I can do to make enemy bosses stand out more? I find why playing they get completely lost in a screen full of explosions and other spell effects, and worry I'm spending half my time just shooting the air pointlessly.

Under the particle settings there are a few bars you can adjust to make certain effects more subtle.

Top Bottom