• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

I got a shit ton of uniques from cosmic terminals over the weekend. Thing is I don't really get the point for that, odds are if you are doing cosmic terminals you probably heavily geared as is.
Exactly! That's why it was really nice that xdef seemed to be the place to farm them. I now have absolutely no interest in running it at all especially since defense tokens are so finicky compared to waves completed in holo sim.

I was only saying last week that it felt like the Shared Quest reward boxes had been nerfed to all hell.

I seriously don't remember the last time I got a Unique from one. They feel raaaaare now.

Spoit

I was only saying last week that it felt like the Shared Quest reward boxes had been nerfed to all hell.

I seriously don't remember the last time I got a Unique from one. They feel raaaaare now.

I get like, maybe 3 useful things from them a week, usually rings but occasionally an insignia. And that's with doing like 3 a day.

I've had some reasonably good luck recently, a Slab of Subterranea drop in X-Def today, and then an Unstable Molecule from the shared quest chest from the tokens. Yesterday netted the Vice recipe (which does not have any beam of light or anything???) and a White Suit Jacket from a single Kingpin attempt... ironically a green terminal run for the cube shard.

Although I have no idea what to do with the Slab, I would have preferred a unique for my specific hero. There are way too many (often highly situational) any hero uniques filling up my STASH.

Oh, could I be added to the GAF supergroup thing btw, my in-game name is "MisterRobotto".

GManDH

come on guys, i get an unique almost everyday. Yest i had 2 drop from a green term!!! then again its almost guaranteed to get at least one unique if you play a certain amount of hours. I miss the days where playing XD guaranteed you a unique.

Ken

Hawkeye almost to 57. The AoE DPS is real!

Also got to wave 24 of XDef; the highest I've been to. Got a unique out of it too..kraven something!

Legacy of Kraven? Yeah, that is super good for summoner characters. I've been using it on my Rocket when I got a lower level one.

Also, glad you're getting into Hawkeye. I told you he was super fun once you used the right powers. ;)

Ken

Legacy of Kraven? Yeah, that is super good for summoner characters. I've been using it on my Rocket when I got a lower level one.

Also, glad you're getting into Hawkeye. I told you he was super fun once you used the right powers. ;)

Yeah that's the one! Also got a unique for BP.

icmSlDnrO6p0X.png
ibnmsIJNjFZG9N.png

Mupod

I got a shit ton of uniques from cosmic terminals over the weekend. Thing is I don't really get the point for that, odds are if you are doing cosmic terminals you probably heavily geared as is.

You don't need that much gear for cosmics, and there's always new characters. First thing I did upon hitting 60 on moon knight yesterday, was walk up to cosmic Kurse and punch him in the teeth. He had full blessings and a legendary before 60 but his actual slot 1-5 gear is very bad, using two cosmics and one unique is only level 48.

It's character dependent of course, Star-Lord had tons of trouble with cosmics because there's simply nothing he can do about incoming damage. So I had to stretch his HP as far as I could with rings, costume core, Jugg medal etc before he could handle cosmics efficiently (and he still procs the phoenix feather once in a while). Whereas Strange could probably beat cosmic AIM with 5000 hp if played perfectly.

Also, my friend's squirrel girl is 'geared' but he has yet to find Sister Minister's boss unique. He's been farming him nonstop during this event to the point where whenever I try to talk to him I just hear mad gibbering and squirrel noises.

I've had some good luck with uniques the past few days, the 5 shared boxes I opened on MK when he hit 60 had 3 uniques in them (only one for him, but betty ross and doc ock arms were great finds), Also Sinister dropped me 2 at once when I hopped in to help my friend, neither was the cuirass though.

big_erk

come on guys, i get an unique almost everyday. Yest i had 2 drop from a green term!!! then again its almost guaranteed to get at least one unique if you play a certain amount of hours. I miss the days where playing XD guaranteed you a unique.

I too get uniques fairly often. I had 2 drop from a Midtown boss. I usually get 1-2 for every 2 hour play session.

I run a lot of Midtown and X-def. Speaking of which. How about another Midtown like map. It's been way to long.

I too get uniques fairly often. I had 2 drop from a Midtown boss. I usually get 1-2 for every 2 hour play session.

I run a lot of Midtown and X-def. Speaking of which. How about another Midtown like map. It's been way to long.
They are working on one. Not sure how long the wait will be, however.

Has there been any mention of reworking the Legendary Quest system? It'd be nice if they separated them into 3 groups: Patrol/HS, Terminal, Story. That would heavily minimize credit sink on rerolls just to stay in the mode you / your group is playing in.

LQs for X-Defense would be sweet too, but I don't see that happening.

Has there been any mention of reworking the Legendary Quest system? It'd be nice if they separated them into 3 groups: Patrol/HS, Terminal, Story. That would heavily minimize credit sink on rerolls just to stay in the mode you / your group is playing in.

LQs for X-Defense would be sweet too, but I don't see that happening.

X-Def is shared with Midtown LQs. Everything you can do in Midtown you also can do in X-Def.

And no, sadly, they didn't ever say something like that, although I agree. I really hate getting story mode quests, or the same annoying terminal (e.g. Doom, or one I already played a few times that day) over and over again.

Volimar

X-Def is shared with Midtown LQs. Everything you can do in Midtown you also can do in X-Def.

And no, sadly, they didn't ever say something like that, although I agree. I really hate getting story mode quests, or the same annoying terminal (e.g. Doom, or one I already played a few times that day) over and over again.

Pretty sure they took that away. The LQs being doable in X-def.

Vecks

They stopped that a long time ago to prevent people from just doing x-def for a quest and quitting. Most midtown LQs are still doable in holo-sim.

Sblargh

Banned
I like an excuse to do story stuff. I can see why people would want to opt out of that, but I wouldn't like if they removed it completely.
Might as well disable heroic/superheroic story modes.

Tendo

What is the ideal teamup for Starlord? I currently have Groot for survivability but not sure if there is a "better" choice.

KePoW

Banned
Exactly! That's why it was really nice that xdef seemed to be the place to farm them. I now have absolutely no interest in running it at all especially since defense tokens are so finicky compared to waves completed in holo sim.

If you reach Wave 20 in X-DEF, it's guaranteed to be 5+ tokens

KePoW

Banned

I don't think they should do that, would make it way too easy. Randomness should be part of it

KePoW

Banned
I like an excuse to do story stuff. I can see why people would want to opt out of that, but I wouldn't like if they removed it completely.
Might as well disable heroic/superheroic story modes.

Fully agree with this. LQs are fine the way they are, otherwise everyone would do the same exact terminals or MM every time. That's not good game design

Amneisac

Is there a good guide somewhere to explain what the items you can buy with Cosmic Worldstones actually do? I'm only level 25, and I'm a little lost as to what most of it does or where I should be spending my money.

Ragnaroz

Is there a good guide somewhere to explain what the items you can buy with Cosmic Worldstones actually do? I'm only level 25, and I'm a little lost as to what most of it does or where I should be spending my money.
You really have only 3 choices: Power Cosmic, Cosmic Insignia recipe or Doop pet. Power Cosmic is a great choice for hybrid characters that have naturally high crit rating as you are basically getting 1500 hp, 1500 dmg rating and +2 to all stats. Cosmic Insignias will get you +1 to all skills which is around +300 dmg rating. Nice for endgame builds when you want to get a little bit more oomph out of your hero. Doop pet is a vanity item atm. As for runewords, they are nice, but they have varying stats so you will have to spend some time rerolling them to get the most out of the deal.

I know I'm late to the party, but I finally got my first 60 last night.

Now I'm going to take my Rocket and Panther, from the recent box giveaways, up to 30 and hope to have enough Splints for Cyke by then. I want him to be my second 60.

KePoW

Banned

Now I'm going to take my Rocket and Panther, from the recent box giveaways, up to 30 and hope to have enough Splints for Cyke by then. I want him to be my second 60.

Hey new friend, congratulations!!

Are you a Fantastic Four fan by the way? The Thing is really good in this game

Vecks

Grats. For better or worse, looks like you finished her just in time for her review.

I was dreading playing Ben for the longest, but finally did since I had 4 or 5 dupe tokens hogging S.T.A.S.H space. I figured it would be best to get him to 30 and use the tokens now, rather than wait for his review and need to go to 52. It was also a double exp weekend. IDK if he had been changed much over time, but I ended up enjoying him a lot. He's got tankiness, good crowd clearing attacks and strong single target DPS damage for bosses. Also, his Ult seems really strong. I'll probably end up 60ing him after I finish Jean, Cyke and Logan.

high-five!!

His Ult is definitely one of the strongest in the game, at least top 5 or top 3

Hey new friend, congratulations!!

Are you a Fantastic Four fan by the way? The Thing is really good in this game
:p

Sblargh

Banned
Since people are always asking about team-ups, I'll copy/paste some info from the compendium:

All of those are at lvl 60 values of passive stuff:

Beta Ray Bill: 300 damage rating with melee / 6% base health
Domino: 720 dodg rating / 120 critical rating
Drax: 300 damage rating with melee / 720 damage rating
Falcon: 240 damage rating / 120 critical rating
Firestar: 240 damage rating / 3% spirit cost reduction
Gamora: 300 damage rating with ranged / 180 brutal rating
Groot: 900 health / 720 defense rating
Magik: 240 damage rating / 10% summon damage / 52 health for each enemy hit / 1000 adorability for being mutant demon queen
Spider-Man: 720 dodge rating / 6056 - 9084 damage when you dodge melee attack (scales based on your physical damage rating)

So, if you're ignoring costs, just pick whoever you think you'll like better. :p

I only need 30m more exp to get my excalibur to level 5 for Psylocke but thinking about it and looking over my gear, I dunno if I should have went with something like Gugnir or even tried the ultimate nullifier. Since dps is pretty much what i should aim for and I already have gear like juggernaut and soulsword (might use my shirayuki instead but the invulnerability effect is good) and a core with invulnerability on medkit use, I don't think I need the defensive stats. I would like to try something else but leveling a legendary again is a pain.

Ragnaroz

I honestly think Power Cosmic is the best legendary for Psylocke if you use both her mental and phys abilities(and you should). She doesn't really need Gungnir because you can get enough crit chance/crit dmg from her kit and gear, and she doesn't have any natural brut rating to justify taking Nullifier.

Ken

I honestly think Power Cosmic is the best legendary for Psylocke if you use both her mental and phys abilities(and you should). She doesn't really need Gungnir because you can get enough crit chance/crit dmg from her kit and gear, and she doesn't have any natural brut rating to justify taking Nullifier.

Is that the event legendary?

I still haven't gotten my first legendary yet; gotta do that soon!

Sblargh

Banned
You know, this might be obvious, but for everything that is not raid, doop insignia is the way to go. Bonus to rarity find > whatever bonus to dps or defense or whatever
-
Also, power cosmic is making me so itchy to play with Psylocke; I think I'll play her whenever I can grab one just because of it.

also it's pretty hilarious that the timewarp turret is really useful for RR now. They lowered the cd of all turrets and so you can keep planting it and get the explosion damage. I hope they keep this for RR because it doesn't really seem broken (I only do 200k brut with it but I only have 1 point in it disregarding gear. I think it should do more because it's level 15 with gear and has 120k-191k damage range, which means a brut should be higher. But I dunno it's funky) and gives him another consistent damage option up close.

Spoit

You know, this might be obvious, but for everything that is not raid, doop insignia is the way to go. Bonus to rarity find > whatever bonus to dps or defense or whatever
-
Also, power cosmic is making me so itchy to play with Psylocke; I think I'll play her whenever I can grab one just because of it.

I don't see it. My loot barely looks any differnt between running it at the default like 50% or so, vs when I boost up to a few hundred percent

And IIRC, the power cosmic artifact doesn't have a cooldown, so as long as you use one of each type of power every 10 seconds, it should have 100% uptime

I don't see it. My loot barely looks any differnt between running it at the default like 50% or so, vs when I boost up to a few hundred percent

And IIRC, the power cosmic artifact doesn't have a cooldown, so as long as you use one of each type of power every 10 seconds, it should have 100% uptime

If your hero doesn't have something like an energy power, can you still use some kind of proc to proc it? or maybe an artifact?

Top Bottom