• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Maledict

As someone coming into Marvel Heroes completely fresh, I have no idea how Starlords elemental tree compares so have been happily using that all the way to level 30 so far. Maxing out Air and Earth shot along with Elemental Barrage, Strafe and Incendary bomb.

Loki was an absolute *ass* but I understand that's often the case. Now to work out if I need to do the story again for the rewards at a higher difficulty or if I can just relax and do Legendaries and terminals to level up.

Do LQs/terminals. You really won't need to grind through story mode again unless you want to take that character into endgame and thus want those additional skill points/stamina/etc. And then it's easier to just get to 60 and breeze through all 3 of em.

Dec

As someone coming into Marvel Heroes completely fresh, I have no idea how Starlords elemental tree compares so have been happily using that all the way to level 30 so far. Maxing out Air and Earth shot along with Elemental Barrage, Strafe and Incendary bomb.

Loki was an absolute *ass* but I understand that's often the case. Now to work out if I need to do the story again for the rewards at a higher difficulty or if I can just relax and do Legendaries and terminals to level up.

I think you should do the story mode once on each difficulty with one character. Then you can follow this guide, courtesy of Rhaknar for every character afterward:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=114575065&postcount=11401

Sblargh

Banned
So, I was talking with kepow yesterday and I regret it, because kepow is a troll; but regardless, we did come up with kind of a plan to raid on wednesdays because it is the day of the reset, so people can bring their main game to the GAF raid and have the rest of the week for secondary characters and/or completing the raid if we do not go all the way through.

The plan, as of now, is to start around 19h PDT (02h UTC); somewhat before then, I'll post here again to let folks know, but, yeah. All is welcome regardless of experience with raid, but having nice gear is a good thing.

(what I understand by nice gear: at least 2 blessings; at least rank 3 legendary; plus the usual uniques, insignias, runeword, enchants, etc.)

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
A bit too late for me here in Holland, but I would love to join. I understand you US cats probably work during the daytime tho.

Admodieus

So, I was talking with kepow yesterday and I regret it, because kepow is a troll; but regardless, we did come up with kind of a plan to raid on wednesdays because it is the day of the reset, so people can bring their main game to the GAF raid and have the rest of the week for secondary characters and/or completing the raid if we do not go all the way through.

The plan, as of now, is to start around 19h PDT (02h UTC); somewhat before then, I'll post here again to let folks know, but, yeah. All is welcome regardless of experience with raid, but having nice gear is a good thing.

(what I understand by nice gear: at least 2 blessings; at least rank 3 legendary; plus the usual uniques, insignias, runeword, enchants, etc.)

A bit too late for me, plus I'm missing some gear for Storm for now (top level insignia and runeword for Uru) but I think this is a good idea.

KePoW

Banned

The plan, as of now, is to start around 19h PDT (02h UTC); somewhat before then, I'll post here again to let folks know, but, yeah. All is welcome regardless of experience with raid

A bit too late for me here in Holland, but I would love to join. I understand you US cats probably work during the daytime tho.

A bit too late for me, plus I'm missing some gear for Storm for now (top level insignia and runeword for Uru) but I think this is a good idea.

What about 17:00 (5pm) Pacific time? Is that better for the majority of you?

Let us know your preferences for time. With our guild members all over the world, it's impossible to have one perfect time for everyone, but good to discuss and come to majority decision.

Admodieus

What about 17:00 (5pm) Pacific time? Is that better for the majority of you?

Let us know your preferences for time. With our guild members all over the world, it's impossible to have one perfect time for everyone, but good to discuss and come to majority decision.

Good point, it might be worth having a Doodle poll and seeing the best time. 5 pm pacific is good, 6 pm is even better for me personally. But I can't commit to being on every week so just consider it one vote out of the masses.

Moondrop

Banned
Still so so so hyped about Kitty.

I've already stated I'm coming back to the game when Rogue is released, but Kitty should bring me back to playing regularly.

I know the game functions fine without a "main" (except for raids apparently), but personally I need one to devote my attention and best gear. It was non-Phoenix Jean, but she'll be set aside unless her review bestows interactive TK throws on mobs. Rogue will have an opportunity to seize the job, but holy fuck... playable Kitty Pryde!

I hope everyone else gets their #1 wished character granted someday.

Admodieus

I've already stated I'm coming back to the game when Rogue is released, but Kitty should bring me back to playing regularly.

I know the game functions fine without a "main" (except for raids apparently), but personally I need one to devote my attention and best gear. It was non-Phoenix Jean, but she'll be set aside unless her review bestows interactive TK throws on mobs. Rogue will have an opportunity to seize the job, but holy fuck... playable Kitty Pryde!

I hear ya man. I love Kitty as well as Jean (excited for her review) but I am also looking forward to Ice Man. I have a taste of freezing people right now with Storm and I love it.

Mupod

I could make either of those times for a raid, and I could most likely convince 1 or 2 of my friends to go.

I'm sure somewhere down the line they'll have to scrape the bottom of the barrel, and then Darkhawk will have his day.

KePoW

Banned
Good point, it might be worth having a Doodle poll and seeing the best time. 5 pm pacific is good, 6 pm is even better for me personally. But I can't commit to being on every week so just consider it one vote out of the masses.

Yeah we're definitely going to be casual raiders. Nothing mandatory, we're all good friends here.

KePoW

Banned

My Main is THING, so I've been clobberin major butt since launch

Xevren

Times should be ok for me, I'll try to be on unless work holds me up or something else. If I'm not on you're welcome to yell at me on Steam (Xevren11)

I would be interested in a casual raid environment, however I never planning on raiding due to the time sink involved (both in properly gearing up for it and time spent in failed raids). Right now, I only have my recently 60'd Jean as an option, and she is only geared for leveling (pot of gold legendary, no blessings, non-60 cosmic equips, etc...). Thus, I would be holding the team back if I joined.

KePoW

Banned
I would be interested in a casual raid environment, however I never planning on raiding due to the time sink involved (both in properly gearing up for it and time spent in failed raids). Right now, I only have my recently 60'd Jean as an option, and she is only geared for leveling (pot of gold legendary, no blessings, non-60 cosmic equips, etc...). Thus, I would be holding the team back if I joined.

As for the time, it takes about 1 to 2 total hours.

GManDH

ITS GREEN RAID!!! if you hold people back its because the team sucks not because of your character.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
My biggest problem with getting "raid geared" is artifacts, both farming for the best ones and enchanting. I've never spent odinmarks on enchants, with so many chars to play I always want to make sure I have enough banked for legendary or two.

Admodieus

ITS GREEN RAID!!! if you hold people back its because the team sucks not because of your character.

Yeah, for last weekend's attempt on the green raid I still had under-60 uniques, only one blessing (on my GOTK), and a Level 3 legendary, and I felt like I was holding my own in terms of damage.

Lord Phol

Well unless something is screwed up those times equal 5:AM, 0:AM, 1:AM, 2:AM, 3:AM and 4:AM for me so I guess I'm out :p. No worries though, I usually find a good pug group after some searching. Was really lucky today, managed to get into a group like 1 minute after I logged in. Everyone knew the fights and was geared so we had no real wipes and everything went smooth, all done for this week!

Sblargh

Banned
I did on BRT believing it would convert automatically to y'all; and then I messed up the 00:00 time by putting 12:00 :p

So ignore the one that is odd.

I would like to try raiding with the gaf group. My Cable should be ready.

I'm still sticking to my friends' guild for now, but if you guys don't mind bringing me along, my IGN is also xrayregime.

Sblargh

Banned
If you're not on GAF's guild, well, first, shame on you, shame, shaaaaaame. Second, add me as friend in the game and send me a message when the decided time is coming up so I can invite you. Name there is Sblargh, too.

If you're not on GAF's guild, well, first, shame on you, shame, shaaaaaame. Second, add me as friend in the game and send me a message when the decided time is coming up so I can invite you. Name there is Sblargh, too.

Great, thanks! I'll add you when I get home.

Lord Phol

Hmm what state are you in?? In Texas, those times are around 7pm to 9pm

I live in the state of:

40060038.jpg

:p

Sure I would like to try raiding. I just marked anytime. Might as well get some games in when I can. My Psylocke is pretty geared, just doesn't have the ideal insignia but it works and I have a level 5 excalibur with 4 hela blessings. My RR only has 2 blessings and a level 3 trident but I feel real comfortable with him, but my current build is much riskier than most RR since it involves dropping time warp turrets on their heads (though honestly it's still safer than Psylocke since his stealth is 10000000x better than hers and he has so many pets, even though I only have 13k hp on RR). My in game tag is PhoFob for those of you wondering who the hell I am. I had my old account named sixmachine but I started this new one when the anniversary started.

Lord Phol

Nope! Just a good ol beardless swede with asian heritage. My girlfriend was born in Philadelphia though! My daughter is going to be like 1/2 swede, 1/4 american and 1/4 korean.

On another note I'm thinking about changing the legendary on my NC from Gungnir to Excalibur, heard some good things about the health proc.

KePoW

Banned
Nope! Just a good ol beardless swede with asian heritage. My girlfriend was born in Philadelphia though! My daughter is going to be like 1/2 swede, 1/4 american and 1/4 korean.

Whoa sweet, I'm azn but a Texan. Didn't know there were koreans in Sweden lol

Did you calculate if the Swedish times work for raiding with us?

Also does anyone have a level 60 mkraan costume core with health and spirit regen on medkit use (preferably with invulnerability too) for trade? If it is just the health and spirit gain on medkit it would be fine. I would like to use it on my RR since he can get some spirit issues with the current turret spam in long fights.

Also does anyone have a level 60 mkraan costume core with health and spirit regen on medkit use (preferably with invulnerability too) for trade? If it is just the health and spirit gain on medkit it would be fine. I would like to use it on my RR since he can get some spirit issues with the current turret spam in long fights.
I've had terrible luck getting good cores like that.

Lord Phol

Whoa sweet, I'm azn but a Texan. Didn't know there were koreans in Sweden lol

Did you calculate if the Swedish times work for raiding with us?

Neat! Bet you got some mighty good ribs over there.

Unfortunetly not since it's in the middle of the night over here, and I'm all ready tired at work as is :p. Always up for stuff on the weekends though, so if you ever need some extra Surtur dps or whatever and have a spot open just gimme a shout!

Sblargh

Banned

I do, actually, it's a neat one, it has also some 3k health regeneration and some bonus to mental and energy damage.
Hit me up in-game.
-
Btw, when it is one hour before the first time scheduled on the doodle poll (this http://doodle.com/w77azti643qc66bs); I think I'll close it and post the results, it will probably be the 4th one, which is 22h here and I don't know what in our places. And then one hour before the chosen time, I'll post it here again so we can get this going.

As for the time, it takes about 1 to 2 total hours.

Yeah, for last weekend's attempt on the green raid I still had under-60 uniques, only one blessing (on my GOTK), and a Level 3 legendary, and I felt like I was holding my own in terms of damage.
Well, I added my name to the Doodle. Looks like I'd be #10, so if someone else better geared for it wants in, I can bow out if need be.

jackdoe

I completely lucked out on the Cosmic Mystery Boxes. Bought five of them. One of them glitched (no hero or costume) so I got a replacement box. Ended up with all new stuff. Rocket Raccoon, Thor, Doctor Strange, Silver Centurion Costume, and Black Widow Fear Itself costume. Ended up being well worth the cash.

KePoW

Banned
I completely lucked out on the Cosmic Mystery Boxes. Bought five of them. One of them glitched (no hero or costume) so I got a replacement box. Ended up with all new stuff. Rocket Raccoon, Thor, Doctor Strange, Silver Centurion Costume, and Black Widow Fear Itself costume. Ended up being well worth the cash.

Black Widow Fear Itself is god-tier costume

congorats

Ploid 3.0

I had to choose between that costume and the Thunderbolt costume. I put fear itself in the costume blender. I regret ever picking between them but I don't play her much anyway. Got a darn classic Ms Marvel costume when I have the superior Agent of SWORD costume (I really don't dig the boots + bikini bottom look).

Thunderbolt black widow is godly.

Seems like I did the right thing.

KePoW

Banned
I had to choose between that costume and the Thunderbolt costume. I put fear itself in the costume blender. I regret ever picking between them but I don't play her much anyway.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why not keep both? They are both pretty expensive costumes.

Top Bottom