• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Ploid 3.0

Maybe I'm missing something, but why not keep both? They are both pretty expensive costumes.

Costume crafting addict.

Pretty much all of my characters don't have a basic costume, a majority don't have a costume at all. I figure if I want to play them seriously I'd prestige them to regain their costume, like I did rocket (my only basic costume character).

KePoW

Banned
Costume crafting addict.

Pretty much all of my characters don't have a basic costume, a majority don't have a costume at all. I figure if I want to play them seriously I'd prestige them to regain their costume, like I did rocket (my only basic costume character).

whoa lol jeez

I'm like Inky, I keep every single costume I get to collect them. I only blend duplicates.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
test center notes

A.R.M.O.R. INCURSION EVENT
For this week’s event, A.R.M.O.R. has returned, along with A.R.M.O.R. Research Drives!

A.R.M.O.R. Research Drives are now dropping from enemies, and Jocasta, as an operative for A.R.M.O.R., has returned to Avengers Tower with additional devices.

Features of the ARMOR Incursion event include:

A.R.M.O.R. Research Drives can now drop from any enemy, with a higher chance from bosses and a bonus stack of 10 Research Drives for the first of each Shared Quest completed each day.

A.R.M.O.R. Alternate Reality Chaos Portal, a new artifact which can summon alternate reality entities to fight for you in addition to boosting the power of any summoned allies you have. This is available from Jocasta in exchange for A.R.M.O.R. Research Drives.

ARMORED Cores: A new unique version of “Strong” Costume Cores (4 affixes) with an additional 1000 Defense affix. These are available from Jocasta in exchange for A.R.M.O.R. Research Drives.

A.R.M.O.R. M-26 Anti-Reality Grenade a new artifact is available as an option for heroes of various builds. These are available from Jocasta in exchange for A.R.M.O.R. Research Drives.

A.R.M.O.R. Alternate Reality Relics: Jocasta sells a box of ten relics in order to give heroes a jumpstart on collecting these. These relicss are also available from any enemy during A.R.M.O.R. Weeks. These relics were collected by Top Men of the A.R.M.O.R. organization and affect the power of summoned allies. Don't look at it, no matter what happens.

The A.R.M.O.R. event will return in the future, with more and more features added to it each month. We have some very big plans for this, just ask Headpool.

We want to focus more on recurring events that have a distinct theme so everyone know what to expect and can plan around it.
they posted this link which has marvel zombies s spoilers for halloween ?

http://www.comicvine.com/armor/4060-53864/

doomsaw said shhh when asked lol

HERO CHANGES
Rocket Raccoon

Mechfall’s missile attack has the cooldown removed.

Mechfall’s missile attack now does bonus damage to elite targets.

All Mech powers are now tagged as both Summon and Gun powers, since it's essentially a giant Summoned Walking Gun.

Iron Man

Death From Above has been improved to now has a 4s cooldown (reduced from 8s) with tuning appropriate for this cooldown time. While Adaptive Armor is toggled on, the cooldown is increased to 8s with +100% damage as it currently exists on Live. This brings its tuning and function in line with how his other toggle powers operate.
Star-Lord

Improved the animation interrupt window of Star-Lord’s Elemental Blast powers in order to increase responsiveness.

BUG FIXES
A few bug fixes made it into this patch and a few more may make the final build. All reported bugs are in the tracking system and will be resolved this week or next week.

Rocket Raccoon - Assault Specialization will no longer cause Rocket to lose stealth after firing M78 Plasma Launcher.

Spider-Man's Ultimate now gains bonuses from melee damage rating instead of ranged damage rating.

Ghost Rider - Dread now obeys normal CC rules and can no longer permanently chain CC enemies.

The Doombot Flyers in X-Defense and the Dr. Doom boss fight have a performance and efficiency upgrade. Encounters involving many of these flyers will now cause less performance issues on lower-end machines.

Fixed an issue where Durability would sometimes give an extra health per second.

Fixed an issue where upgrading to Cosmic Insignias when using an unbound insignia with specific affixes would not upgrade that affix. (Six people were affected by this and will be contacted individually by customer service, no tickets are required since we have all the detailed logs).

Fixed an issue where the Monolith Mini boss on the Surtur fight was enraging very quickly. This is now fixed, and the Monolith has a 4 minute enrage timer (previously it was 3 minutes)

Fixed an issue where Iron Man would fail to animate while wearing the Nightclub costume.

Ploid 3.0

Star Lord is a beast. He can proc fire a lot so all those +damage rating vs burning enemies items can be used. Even without that stuff he hits like a truck with pretty much all his abilities. He has a awesome big flarkin gun radius ability and it seems very strong. I should test it vs Rocket but he seems like the type of gunner rocket gunner players wanted rocket to be. So good.

Edit: Oh snap Rocket Raccoon's Turret explode build isn't going to get nerfed?!! Niiiice, it's so strong.

Edit 2: Oh wow

YLyeLhq.png

It really sucks that Emma can't benefit from all this summon stuff. I'm looking forward to whatever update they do that focus on summons. Emma can wait until then, I really like her though. With her on pause I can spend time gearing others at least.

New summon relic too. It's going to take a long time to get those babies up to a good stack number.

Sblargh

Banned
I'll do the Ploid thing and blend all the costumes of heores I don't intend to raid with that I'm already lvl 60. :X

Edit: Oh yeah, raid in one hour y'all.

inky

besides SG what other characters are summoners?

Luke Cage and Loki. Haven't seen new Rocket powers, but assuming he is similar to how he was before, Groot + Turrets make him one too. Emma is one too, technically. Not everyone feels summoner = pet class, but that's just semantics.

Strange has a limited summoner power, but it is more versatile than say Black Panther's summons, which are more of a neat extra than a cornerstone of the character.

Sblargh

Banned
Emma Frost is not summoner; her pet is just a conduit to mental damage and a tank who can taunt. Emma's mob is just there to take mobs out of her and so she can has an area attack around it and not herself.

So the skulls in the sister fight are suppose to be the giant counter? I wish I screenshotted it but I swore I saw it as high as 7 at one point, which makes no sense at all since there are only 3 bosses and they spawn 1 each cycle and die a few seconds after.

Mupod

Now that I understand the fight better I don't think there was a bug. Your damage numbers on the sisters are divided by 3 because it's split between them. Really stupid how we were way ahead on damage before that fight but suddenly weren't even close to the requirements though.

So the skulls in the sister fight are suppose to be the giant counter? I wish I screenshotted it but I swore I saw it as high as 7 at one point, which makes no sense at all since there are only 3 bosses and they spawn 1 each cycle and die a few seconds after.

Aren't skulls on the map dead players?

Now that I understand the fight better I don't think there was a bug. Your damage numbers on the sisters are divided by 3 because it's split between them. Really stupid how we were way ahead on damage before that fight but suddenly weren't even close to the requirements though.

Aren't skulls on the map dead players?

The skulls to the right of the percentages for the health of the bosses.

I felt my damage was lower than even a third. I can brut for 1-1.4m on assassinate but I never even saw a 6 digit number and my psi-strike was only hitting thousands per hit. Even if I triple the damage I was hitting (I don't know how this fight effects the defense calculations though), it would still seem like on the low end.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Emma Frost is not summoner; her pet is just a conduit to mental damage and a tank who can taunt. Emma's mob is just there to take mobs out of her and so she can has an area attack around it and not herself.

are you talking about game mechanics or semantics? because game mechanics wise, im pretty sure her "pets" get the benificts from "summoned allies" buffing items

if youre talking semantics, you just described a worl of warcraft warlock (using the pet to tank etc) which is very much a summoner

if you mean marvel lore wise, in that case Magik would be the only summoner as she actually summons demons, its not like SG is summoning squirrels out of thin air

are you talking about game mechanics or semantics? because game mechanics wise, im pretty sure her "pets" get the benificts from "summoned allies" buffing items

if youre talking semantics, you just described a worl of warcraft warlock (using the pet to tank etc) which is very much a summoner

if you mean marvel lore wise, in that case Magik would be the only summoner as she actually summons demons, its not like SG is summoning squirrels out of thin air

I'm pretty sure her "minion" doesn't get summon bonuses. She's not actually summoning anything so it's not really even a semantics issue. She is just using the minion as a conduit to shoot mental damage out of.

Dec

I'm pretty sure her "minion" doesn't get summon bonuses. She's not actually summoning anything so it's not really even a semantics issue. She is just using the minion as a conduit to shoot mental damage out of.

Her minion gets summon bonuses, her ult minions get summon bonuses and she has summon damage on one of her uniques.

Sblargh

Banned

I'm talking "don't gear Emma for summoner expecting her mob to start causing damage"

I just got Beta Ray Bill constume from the blender. Is Thor fun to play? does he get repetitive or is he fun?

I really enjoyed Thor as I leveled him (he was my first 60) but at 60 he feels weaker than he should in both dps and survivability. His review is coming soon and Beta Ray Bill is awesome so you have something to look forward to in the next couple of months.

Finally got 175ES again. Bought the random hero for the 3rd time now. First time I got Squirrel Girl (which I was very happy about), and the second time I got Psylocke (which I was disappointed by, since she's the only hero in the whole roster who I don't know). So I opened up the random hero item, and guess who I got out of the whole roster?

Psylocke... again...
Guess it's time to just buy a hero. I can't deal with working over 20hrs+ again just to get another Psylocke. I seriously can't believe I got her again. I only have 3 heroes. Capt America, Squirrel Girl, and her. Which I still haven't used, and don't plan to.

In good news, I did get my first hero to lvl60, which was Capt America. I've just been playing Midtown to get some better lvl60 gear, so I can do cosmic terminals a bit better.

KePoW

Banned
I really enjoyed Thor as I leveled him (he was my first 60) but at 60 he feels weaker than he should in both dps and survivability

I last played Thor at launch, and I thought he was really good. He has this power called God Blast which automatically crits 100% of the time and is a massive cone AoE. It seems pretty darn OP in my opinion

KePoW

Banned
Finally got 175ES again. Bought the random hero for the 3rd time now. First time I got Squirrel Girl (which I was very happy about), and the second time I got Psylocke (which I was disappointed by, since she's the only hero in the whole roster who I don't know).

How are you familiar with Squirrel Girl, but not Psylocke? Psylocke is much more well known across all Marvel.

Psylocke... again...
Guess it's time to just buy a hero. I can't deal with working over 20hrs+ again just to get another Psylocke. I seriously can't believe I got her again. I only have 3 heroes. Capt America, Squirrel Girl, and her. Which I still haven't used, and don't plan to.

Haha man... that sounds really stubborn bro. You only have 3 heroes and you completely refuse to play one? What's even your reasoning for that. Don't be so close-minded, you won't even try her?

It's one thing if someone has like 30 heroes and doesn't try some, but c'mon in your case

KePoW

Banned
Is Thing fun? I know he's a launch hero but don't hear much about it other than that he's boring.

Heck ya!! I just finished green prestige with him and plan to do more. He kicks some serious major ridiculous butt

I do have the Fear Itself costume along with multiple size increases which makes it more fun too

Sblargh

Banned
Also, I'll complement something on Emma Frost; maybe she works this way as being a groundwork for future characters with similar mechanics; but yeah, going for semantics:

Summon is something you bring from "out of the board" into existence; team-up allies included, I believe.

Minion is an enemy that is already there under your control; right now, afaik, only Emma Frost can have minions, but again, maybe they done it this way as a groundwork for future heroes.

Emma's ultimate bring summons; and the Cyclops you bring with her unique is also a summon; maybe that's why some of her gear has bonus to summons. Captain America ultimate deal energy damage, so I guess ultimates being stupid this way is not unheard of.

A minion, I believe, count as an ally and benefit from auras, insignias and such. It does not have a duration and you keep it even if you log out, on hubs, after you die, etc.; properties that summons does not have.
-
Also, about raids and bugs:
Apparently the sisters bug is that, even after a wipe the debuff from the giants does not erase; a possible solution would be to disband the party and form it again, but I don't know what prevents the bug from happening once more.

Which is ok, because Surtur might also be bugged, haha; Monolith still dies instantly, as before, but because of that, the rocks gets destroyed 2 minutes earlier, which basically means Surtur enrages 2 minutes faster.

Ken

Heck ya!! I just finished green prestige with him and plan to do more. He kicks some serious major ridiculous butt

I do have the Fear Itself costume along with multiple size increases which makes it more fun too

you can stack size increase visual?

Top Bottom