• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Got Taskmaster to 60 last week, I used him as a Cap/Hawkeye hybrid but mostly leaned on using Cap abilities. He was fun, wonder if they'll give him an enhanced costume based on Marvel Max; they do like their genderswaps.

Right now I'm waiting on Rogue before I spend my stashed up splinters, and I have Human Torch and Thing as my currently available unleveled characters. So, I'm Thinging it in the meantime, might as well get him over with right? He's not so bad thus far.

I know I'm late to the party, but I finally got my first 60 last night.
Congrats, it only gets quicker from here.

Ken

Hmm, wonder if I should finish up an old character I was working on after I hit 60 on Hawkeye, or a new character.

Did Miss Marvel or Black Panther ever get any reworks?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hmm, wonder if I should finish up an old character I was working on after I hit 60 on Hawkeye, or a new character.

Did Miss Marvel or Black Panther ever get any reworks?

yes to both, Black Panther was quite recently too

Ken

yes to both, Black Panther was quite recently too

Ah cool, guess I'll get them both up to 60 first.

got a new unique! aunt may's cane lol....

---

Yay, got Hawkeye to level 60. On his last day of leveling I found Hulkbuster Arrows, a second Trickshot's Bow, and a Hand of Nimrod off a random gang member enemy lol.

Sblargh

Banned
Black Panther, most op character in the game imo; not the most fun or something; but the one that helps out the most in a group.

Amazing single target basic; amazing area damage with the trap having no cooldown and the signature just being all out awesome; probably the best ultimate in the game for raids; with empower and goddamn-so-much-damage.

I've been working on this build for Panther and he's pretty sweet.

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/89880/t-challa-sweep-the-leg-melee-bp-post-rework-build/

My basic playstyle has been:
Mobs = Roll in, Sweep, drop Jungle Snare.
Most mobs are dead from that. If they aren't all dead, his sig / savage strike usually wipe up the rest of em.

Bosses = Same start as above, then using Predator's Fury as my main single target melee attack. Keep the trap and bleed from Savage going as needed. I'll likely incorporate Doras and Unseen Predator in here when I unlock them, to better utilize damage to enemies not targeting you bonuses.

He's effective and really fun. However, he definitely needs good gear for spirit sustainability, especially if you follow the build linked and use no basic (I keep Predator's Fury on my left click).

Ken

I've been working on this build for Panther and he's pretty sweet.

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/89880/t-challa-sweep-the-leg-melee-bp-post-rework-build/

My basic playstyle has been:
Mobs = Roll in, Sweep, drop Jungle Snare.
Most mobs are dead from that. If they aren't all dead, his sig / savage strike usually wipe up the rest of em.

Bosses = Same start as above, then using Predator's Fury as my main single target melee attack. Keep the trap and bleed from Savage going as needed. I'll likely incorporate Doras and Unseen Predator in here when I unlock them, to better utilize damage to enemies not targeting you bonuses.

He's effective and really fun. However, he definitely needs good gear for spirit sustainability, especially if you follow the build linked and use no basic (I keep Predator's Fury on my left click).

Oh man, crazy to see Leloric still doing work for MH community.

Got back up to 600 splinters. Holding onto them for Rogue.
Is Rogue confirmed to be 600 ES?

Not 100% confirmed, but they said it's likely, and given how her mechanics work, it seems pretty much guaranteed at this point. If she doesn't tho, you'll have 200 splinters to spend with for free either way.

Got my Iron Man fairly solid now. Put a few blessings on him and very happy with his progress now. Can pretty much solo Cosmic terms, so I'm very happy with that. Makes Dailies really quick, especially MM and Holo Sim which used to be time consuming with Deadpool.

Ended up sticking the Apocalypse Armour on IM too, seems to be working well.

I'm tempted to put my GoK on him as well, thoughts?! He'd benefit from the extra brut/crit wouldn't he? Nothing I'm missing there on the maths side of things?

Blank!

Got my Iron Man fairly solid now. Put a few blessings on him and very happy with his progress now. Can pretty much solo Cosmic terms, so I'm very happy with that. Makes Dailies really quick, especially MM and Holo Sim which used to be time consuming with Deadpool.

Ended up sticking the Apocalypse Armour on IM too, seems to be working well.

I'm tempted to put my GoK on him as well, thoughts?! He'd benefit from the extra brut/crit wouldn't he? Nothing I'm missing there on the maths side of things?

Personal opinion here, but I prefer GotK on characters with innate crit/brut rating. Brutal damage rating is already a horrible stat, but if you're going to put it to use you need it on someone with 50%+ brutal rating.

GotK value drops significantly more if you're using frigga's instead of hela's on your ironman as well.

Personal opinion here, but I prefer GotK on characters with innate crit/brut rating. Brutal damage rating is already a horrible stat, but if you're going to put it to use you need it on someone with 50%+ brutal rating.

GotK value drops significantly more if you're using frigga's instead of hela's on your ironman as well.

I think my Brutal Rating is fairly low with IM. Like 20-30%.

Hela Blessings though.

Is Lockheed the dino?

Dragon, but yup.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Kitty Pride having Lockheed makes me 100% more interested, if that in fact means she's a pet class

Xevren

I didnt even know she had a dragon pet? Is it a recent adition to her storyline or something?

Not recent at all, for a long time they were together. Though that was when I was a kid, assuming they just kinda stopped with Lockheed in the 2000s or later at some point since others don't seem to know about him very well.

I didnt even know she had a dragon pet? Is it a recent adition to her storyline or something?

She got Lockheed as a pet and friend in Uncanny X-Men #153 (1981), about a year after Kitty was introduced for the first time in Uncanny X-Men #129 (1980)
He wasn't with her all the time, but he's been tagging along with her for the most time of his lifespan in comics. Though he's had his own adventures as well, and also has been tagging along with Magik quite a bit in New Mutants.

Rhaknar

End of this month.

thats not a date now is it :p I was curious to see if she was going to be on PTR this week or next week or something, something official.

I might not be playing but its still exciting to follow the news (probably because I own all of it from the advance pack so I better be excited since I paid for it >_>)

No word on that, but I wouldn't be surprised if we got news about that this week. With the new Oneshot and Cybertech coming, I think they might wanna roll out the test server sooner rather than later.

Sounds about right from my experience. He wasn't bad by any means, but his damage seemed lackluster and he didn't survive many hits. Now he's transitioning into pure beast mode.

I haven't geared him up for Beast Mode and only ended up with one of his uniques by 60, but he was definitely night and day better than he was at early levels (when I feared he was going to be useless).

Once you open up some of that AoE, I really enjoyed him. Cryo 'Nades for the win too.

I still don't understand why you guys had problems with him at lower lvls - I pretty much destroyed everything up to 40 too. Granted, yeah, he's squishy, but he has good crowd control with his bouncy air shot basic and can easily finish off bosses/elites with his starting bombs.

Once you get the actual orbital strike tho, you just murder everything.

I still don't understand why you guys had problems with him at lower lvls - I pretty much destroyed everything up to 40 too. Granted, yeah, he's squishy, but he has good crowd control with his bouncy air shot basic and can easily finish off bosses/elites with his starting bombs.

Once you get the actual orbital strike tho, you just murder everything.

Wrong spec maybe - I rerolled a few times before settling on the build I took to 60.

Started with all Element Gun focus, but had no points in that tree by the end.

And yeah, Orbital Strike of course later on.

Volimar

Got Invisible Woman to 60, now I'm back at my level 36 Human Torch, and man he's squishy too...

I don't know if I want to tough it out with him or maybe prestige one of the heroes I like.

Wrong spec maybe - I rerolled a few times before settling on the build I took to 60.

Started with all Element Gun focus, but had no points in that tree by the end.

And yeah, Orbital Strike of course later on.

I ran with Element Gun focus for the first 10 or so levels before I realized how ass it was. I then went into only putting points into air ammo and the element gun basic for the bouncing shots. Rest all went into the ship tree, and some into the cryo bomb.

Got Invisible Woman to 60, now I'm back at my level 36 Human Torch, and man he's squishy too...

I don't know if I want to tough it out with him or maybe prestige one of the heroes I like.

I found Human Torch really rewarding later. All the AoE spam and effects made me happy.

I ran with Element Gun focus for the first 10 or so levels before I realized how ass it was. I then went into only putting points into air ammo and the element gun basic for the bouncing shots. Rest all went into the ship tree, and some into the cryo bomb.

You held out better than I did as I just couldn't make anything in Elemental Gun work for me (or at least it didn't feel as good as Outlaw tree stuff).

Dec

Did Element Gun from 1-60 at release and it was painful until 40. At 60 it's great, I've never used Outlaw so I don't know how it compares, but it makes the character interesting and does fine damage.

Top Bottom