• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Legendary quests can take you to midtown (some can be done in holo-sim too), terminals and even the story mode. It's just random the ones you can get, so it's possible to get 5 midtown ones in a row.

And yes, you just use the teleporter/waypoint to get to whatever you need to do for the shared quests.
Gotcha. Will check them out.

Vecks

Rogue's default (modern)

MH_Rogue_c1.png

Hype! Will reserve final judgment for in-game, but it might be one of the defaults I'd prefer to stick with.

Did they ever show off a 90's costume?

Ken

modern rogue character model looks good

should i buy 5 or 10 cosmic box bundle? you guys decide how many tears i must shed today

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

should i buy 5 or 10 cosmic box bundle? you guys decide how many tears i must shed today

Fuck it, buy 10.

also someone explain Nova/Sam/Rich to me. Don't really know the character, who is Richard Rider, why is he cool, why does everyone hate Sam?

Volimar

I'm actually having a lot of fun with Thing. ;p

Groundpound to back hand to shockwave, I like his rhythm. I also like these pre-review heroes unlocking ults at 30 so I can just faceroll instance bosses with them.

I prefer ranged champs, but even champs like Cap and Spidey were more fun than thing and Colossus, for me. Different strokes.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Thing actual dark horse candidate for best Ult in the game, it's pretty insane.

Also I prestiged Iron Man and he's so awesome now, really fun to level as well. I do have a maxed M'Kraan but I've been tearing through everything. Also the M'Kraan proc one-shots bosses at low levels, lol. I think he's hands-down my favorite in the game now. Incredibly versatile build options as well.

Mupod

Fuck it, buy 10.

also someone explain Nova/Sam/Rich to me. Don't really know the character, who is Richard Rider, why is he cool, why does everyone hate Sam?

Richard Rider is the original Nova from the 70s or 80s or someshit. He had a series nobody cared about, then came back and was in the New Warriors for a while in the 90s. He is good buddies with Darkhawk which gives you an idea how high profile and popular his character was (I'm only half joking)

The reason people like him is he was basically the main character of the Annihilation storyline from 2006, where he got a massive powerup and was at the center of a huge cosmic marvel event. Everyone loved Annhiliation because it was awesome, it singlehandedly got me back into comics. He wasn't the only old-ass cosmic marvel character they brought back and turned cool around that time, some during the event and some afterwards as a result of said event...the current Guardians of the Galaxy are an example.

Sam is disliked because he replaced Rich, pretty much. His book is alright, I really liked the issues with Beta Ray Bill.

Sam is disliked in the context of this game because almost all Nova fans are fans of the Richard Rider version of the character. So making him the default option was odd. It would be kind of like putting in a Sorcerer Supreme character with Brother Voodoo and having Doctor Strange be the enhanced costume.

I'm a bit concerned at having Sam as the base for other reasons, mainly that his powerset is slightly different from Rich. But since the ult is summoning the Nova Corps I have a good feeling that they'll fudge it enough to make everyone happy.

Vecks

5!

what's he mean by 'normal cost'? I'm gonna guess they'll sell the bundle for the usual price rather than for example what the thor beta ray bill bundle goes for?

I don't know. If it's an enhanced costume, my guess is they are not doing the enhanced price like they usually do.

inky

Forgive my noob ignorance but what is "prestiging"?

Prestiging is to reset your character's level progress. That is, go from level 60 back to level 1. Each time you do it (you can do it 5 times) your name color changes and you get another copy of your basic costume. You can also buy a certain pet.

Prestiging is to reset your character's level progress. That is, go from level 60 back to level 1. Each time you do it (you can do it 5 times) your name color changes and you get another copy of your basic costume. You can also buy a certain pet.
What does the extra basic costume do for you?

Vecks

!

i really want that MK costume in your avatar vecks

Me too. Still a bit too expensive for me. Might grab it during a good sale.
Or hope for a lucky random craft. I'd be fine with the black one too. Don't really care for his default.

So is their a time to finish the raid tonight? Since if we are, I'll try to get some things out of the way.

I haven't done any raiding, but I thought people were saying that it's bugged.

Lol, I'm just watching this over and over. Taskmaster gets knocked out.

Ha ha, yeah. His "death" animation is hilarious.

Thing was cool at release :p

taskmaster4luz2.gif
Seeing this makes me want to go back to Thing again. However, I finally got enough Splints for Cyke so I'm going to get him to 60 as fast as I can.

Question: Should I put a Pot of Gold / Big Kahuna on Cyke or use a "real" Legendary to beef him up for more efficient leveling?

inky

What does the extra basic costume do for you?

Well, you can add different stats, effects and/or a different core to it if you don't feel like ruining the one you have already.

You can also use 3 spare costumes to craft a new costume thanks to a crafter recipe (level 20), commonly known around here as "the blender". The costumes you use are lost, obviously, it is a costly recipe and you can get a repeat, but hey, it's fun to do!

Me too. Still a bit too expensive for me. Might grab it during a good sale.
Or hope for a lucky random craft. I'd be fine with the black one too. Don't really care for his default.

The Marvel Now MK costume is the best. I had to have it when I was playing haha..

Been a huge fan of the new comic series.

Lets you use it for a new set of affixes since you are back to level 1 (and thus may not be able to use your previous costume with a core in it) or blend it with other costumes in hopes for something new.
Ah, okay. I doubt I'll prestige Storm. Once I max her out, I think I'll be ready for something different.

I haven't done any raiding, but I thought people were saying that it's bugged.

Yea it seemed to be bugged yesterday because we were hitting the sisters for much less than a third (since damage is suppose to be split to the 3 of them). There seems to be something goofy going on with the giants giving debuffs and it seems like the dev posts they know about it. I was just wondering if we are trying again and hoping it goes smoothly this time since there was a mention that they keep the instance saved for 28 hours, so we don't need to kill bosses 1-3.

I'm totally fine with not raiding today if no one is up to it. If it happens I'll show up if you need to fill a spot. If it doesn't happen, no biggie. I bought the japan humble bundle and I still haven't touched Astebreed or that one DMC like game with school girls. Either way, I'm playing a game with some japanese chick (Psylocke counts) with swords ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ken

nothing too amazing from the cards. got another holographic crafter pet but not much use for a second one yeah?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
welp, with Warlords only coming out in november, I think its time to level up Surfer / Reed / Starlord, or do another playthrough of Darksouls 2...hmmm....

Xevren

welp, with Warlords only coming out in november, I think its time to level up Surfer / Reed / Starlord, or do another playthrough of Darksouls 2...hmmm....

Those 3 characters are the ones I just leveled, all of which are great if that helps matters any.

Ken

are pets that cool? i don't see much in them even as vanity items

also playing stash management is the worst

i'm fine just tossing away all these level 25 uru forged items yeah?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

pets as in vanity pets? no they are useless like in any game >_>

I really fucking hate vanity pets :/

Totally personal preference, but I like having them around.

Thor + Beta Ray Bill Team Up + Throg pet, Spider-Man + Scarlet Spider Team Up + Spider-Ham pet for example. I just like rocking them all haha.. Feels like a comics cross-over.

Ken

pets as in vanity pets? no they are useless like in any game >_>

I really fucking hate vanity pets :/

yeah that's what i was thinking, aside from the crafter vendor pet i guess, but that's not really a pet

i do like having spidey-ham out for his random quips though

Vecks

i'm fine just tossing away all these level 25 uru forged items yeah?

How many stash tabs do you have?

You can get rid of them, unless you stuck a really good runeword on it. You can always find more after all.

Sblargh

Banned
I keep just one of each uru; if I use one, I'll replace it when whenever. Not the most common of drops, but not that rare, either.

Ken

How many stash tabs do you have?

You can get rid of them, unless you stuck a really good runeword on it. You can always find more after all.

Like 12. I haven't even started using runewords yet so yeah. Lol.

Still just messing around and leveling up heroes; not sure who I want to fully commit to yet as a "main" since I don't have a good grasp on scarcity of certain items yet.

---

Soooo I broke down and got another 10 cosmic box bundle. it was a lot better this time though I think.

got moon knight, dr. strange, and ghost rider. two CapAm costumes (reborn and director of shield), two iron man costumes (mk2 and silver centurion). the other 3 were repeat costumes/heroes, but i also pulled night club iron man from a card so yeah!

i'm a little sad i haven't gotten the thing yet though...

I didn't know you could make Rocket as a starting Hero so I did that.

Turrets are fun.

Lots of loot too, I'm surprise by how many purple I've found already.

Ken

by the way when should i stop getting heroes to 60 and just leave them at 50, with the bonus hero XP in mind. I think you only get +5% EXP after like 3rd or 4th hero?

Top Bottom