• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I didn't know you could make Rocket as a starting Hero so I did that.

Turrets are fun.

Lots of loot too, I'm surprise by how many purple I've found already.

purples are like greens in other games

Bought 5 cosmic boxes. Got a dupe squirrel girl costume, and then 4 new heroes. Cap, Black Widow, Thor, annnnddddd...THING! None of which I'm all that excited about, but hey at least they weren't dupes. Thor should be cool once his review comes (I'm hoping).

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I didn't know you could make Rocket as a starting Hero so I did that.

Turrets are fun.

Lots of loot too, I'm surprise by how many purple I've found already.

I started with Rocket too. I love using the BFG. I can just do a quick spin around and take down all nearby basic enemies with it while Groot attacks the stronger enemies.

Have people on GAF had much experience with trading? Trying to clear out some STASH space and it seems dumb to just vendor stuff if it can get me something better than a few credits.

What do things like a purple insignia go for? Or a Hand of Nimrod?

by the way when should i stop getting heroes to 60 and just leave them at 50, with the bonus hero XP in mind. I think you only get +5% EXP after like 3rd or 4th hero?

After the fourth.

Have people on GAF had much experience with trading? Trying to clear out some STASH space and it seems dumb to just vendor stuff if it can get me something better than a few credits.

What do things like a purple insignia go for? Or a Hand of Nimrod?

What are the rolls on the items in question? HoN I see usually going for 2 blessings (with variance based on rolls).

Rolls are kind of meh? One I have is 310 ranged damage 5% attack speed, the other is 261/6.9%.

Insignia example: Insignia of Tony Stark - 1018 Crit Damage/70 Spirit

tBCmXSA.png

Crazy high rolls on this new artifact (for energy/physical hybrids). Only problem is, no one can really take full advantage of it.

Rolls are kind of meh? One I have is 310 ranged damage 5% attack speed, the other is 261/6.9%.

Insignia example: Insignia of Tony Stark - 1018 Crit Damage/70 Spirit

Possibly 2b for the first HoN and 1b for the other. No clue on that insig.

tBCmXSA.png

Crazy high rolls on this new artifact (for energy/physical hybrids). Only problem is, no one can really take full advantage of it.

Surely when Rogue comes out, this is going to be perfect for her?

Hell, looks pretty good for a hybrid IM build too (though Brutal not really being his primary I guess)..

Surely when Rogue comes out, this is going to be perfect for her?

Hell, looks pretty good for a hybrid IM build too (though Brutal not really being his primary I guess)..

Possibly on Rogue. The problem with IM is that all of his main spenders for bosses aren't area attacks (Ms. M runs into the same issue). It's top notch if you're Pulse Bolting all day though.

Possibly on Rogue. The problem with IM is that all of his main spenders for bosses aren't area attacks (Ms. M runs into the same issue). It's top notch if you're Pulse Bolting all day though.

Repulsor Barrage and Pulse Bolt are left-click/right-click respectively for my build, so I may get some benefit out of this arti.

Not sure what I'd ditch though, that's the big problem.

Lord Phol

what's he mean by 'normal cost'? I'm gonna guess they'll sell the bundle for the usual price rather than for example what the thor beta ray bill bundle goes for?

Well the Richard costume is going to be Enhanced (new voice acting) but they are selling it at a normal costume price, I'm guessing 950G. The bundle if there is one should be cheaper as well.

Any high geared IM's in here? Possible to get a gear check?

I'm trying to suit IM up for Raids and this is what I'm sitting on right now.

K8v2J4Y.jpg
ZTixcFI.jpg

UOS9Wow.jpg
Ng1ri0f.jpg

4wY22yY.jpg
Bv2O3BM.jpg

sPDHvr6.jpg
FSRRuOj.jpg

And gear:

DR9aGQQ.jpg
RT0LV0s.jpg

01WMruA.jpg
UFQ3NvC.jpg

hAVD7b2.jpg
VW8CUEK.jpg

gkxYTpE.jpg

Costume:

n8WJMSx.jpg

Need Slot 3 improvement, I know - but have yet to get it to drop.

And obviously Mkraan is level 5. And Gibborim seems the best option for my build.

Looking for feedback/improvements?

Spoit

I dunno, isn't general consensus that 40% is what you want to aim for for critical rating? Any chance you can try to squeeze like 500 more on there?

Lord Phol

Only thing I've heard about crit% in general is that it's not until 35-40% crit rating that crit damage starts becoming more benificial than ordinary damage rating. Seeing as you got 7k crit damage there I would suggest to aim for a bit more crit chance as well. Everything else looks really good though!

Dec

Need Slot 3 improvement, I know - but have yet to get it to drop.

And obviously Mkraan is level 5. And Gibborim seems the best option for my build.

Looking for feedback/improvements?

I use: cosmic Doom medal instead of Pyro

Adv. Meta instead of Black Tom's. I have a spare Black Tom's but it's only energy damage of which only 50-60% of my damage is.

His new slot 2 instead of Apoc armor.

Still looking for Sandals of Hercules.

Voice of the Spirit Walker runeword. Only lose 100 damage rating and the proc off Fire Barrage, but gain 300 defense, 30 spirit and 300 health. The 30 spirit should give like 80 damage rating as well? Unsure on exact value.

God of Thunder's belt for slot 3. That hotdog cart was better, didn't get into Iron Man until after that was over.

Some other things that I have different is some crit rating on costume affixes, as has been pointed out you could do with some. Maybe replace the damage rating affixes with crit rating.

My core is flat +60 suit power and +1480 health. Unsure if this is a great choice but I don't have any issues soloing cosmic Kurse with no invuln on medkit use etc.

Insignia is a bit different. I use Valkyrie:

+1059 health
+967 crit damage
+76 suit power

Your ring could be slightly better. I have the exact one except with suit power instead of brutal strike damage.

Hand of Doom is another choice instead of the Black Tom's.

A bit of gearing is personal choice, I gear for what I want and that may be different from what you want, but since you asked for opinions, there it is.

Lord Phol

Is Annihilation before or after Civil War? I'm a little confused because the publication dates seem to be the same

I believe Civil War is both during and after Annihilation. When Richard comes back to earth sometime after the annihilation event is over Iron Man tries to recruit him to his side of the civil war. Nova asks him if Earth got his warning during Annihilation but they didn't since they were all busy with the civil war.

Edit: There's also Annihilation: Conquest that takes part after Annihilation.

Ragnaroz

You don't need defensive artifacts in the raid, so just switch the ASSS for something with crit and you should be fine.

Annihilation/Annihilation Conquest and Civil War happen at about the same time. Civil War was the reason pretty much no Earth heroes took part in Annihilation. That and it never actually reached Earth, ofc.

I'm still slightly confused on +energy damage for IM when none of his skills are energy according to tooltips. If they are I would love it if Gaz updated the skill tooltips to reflect that.

Blank!

For green raids, it's more than fine. They aren't nearly the gear check people make them out to be. That said:

Adv SSS unnecessary. Switch with Danger AI chip/Adv Meta.

Black Tom is straight up inferior to Danger AI chip (energy) except for the first couple seconds of a fight.

A regular meta would out DPS your HoN and you don't need the spirit restore or proc.

I mentioned this before, but I prefer to save my GotK's on characters with innate crit and brut. I went with a Ziggeraut. The TP bonus/instant health loss also works well with an invul core. GotK is (obviously?) a DPS upgrade over a zigg though but meh.

Doctor Doom is my top choice, but a well rolled Sauron is surprisingly good (500+ damage rating 200+ crit) as is Green Goblin (health/damage mix).

Your slots 1-5 need better rolls overall. +6 to your slot 1 probably being most important. Slot 3 can be a hotdog cart. I use hercules for slot 4 but well rolled cosmic works too. Keep in mind your main attack is (likely) repulsor barrage, so boosting that higher will give you an overall better DPS increase than boosting missiles or anything else.

Ploid 3.0

I'm still slightly confused on +energy damage for IM when none of his skills are energy according to tooltips. If they are I would love it if Gaz updated the skill tooltips to reflect that.

His energy beam skill tree are energy on the tool tips. His Tech Gadgets (missiles) and Defense Systems trees are physical.

Edit: Coolant Blast and Jericho Bombardment are also energy (Tech Gadget tree).

KePoW

Banned
I believe Civil War is both during and after Annihilation. When Richard comes back to earth sometime after the annihilation event is over Iron Man tries to recruit him to his side of the civil war. Nova asks him if Earth got his warning during Annihilation but they didn't since they were all busy with the civil war.

Edit: There's also Annihilation: Conquest that takes part after Annihilation.

Annihilation/Annihilation Conquest and Civil War happen at about the same time. Civil War was the reason pretty much no Earth heroes took part in Annihilation. That and it never actually reached Earth, ofc.

thx team

I'm reading Civil War right now, so I'll definitely have to buy Annihilation too and read

KePoW

Banned

I was just looking at Iron Man's powers in the game last night, and a lot of the tooltips said Energy Damage. Not sure where you're looking at... not a website are you?

Maledict

Possibly making the same mistake I did at first - I expected energy to appear in the same row as ranged, area, signature, starship etc. I presumed it would be another skill descriptor like everything else, rather than listed as the damage type.

KePoW

Banned
Possibly making the same mistake I did at first - I expected energy to appear in the same row as ranged, area, signature, starship etc. I presumed it would be another skill descriptor like everything else, rather than listed as the damage type.

oh i see

to Angelus -- you gotta look at what it says next to the actual damage numbers, not the name of the power

Servers are coming down so late today for the patch. 12 pm PDT (40 minutes from now)

Looking forward to the ARMOR event, though I won't be able to get on much this weekend.

Vecks

MK uses it well because his sig is so good.

True. And I guess he has that statue thing for the +10% power duration. Might go with that.

On another note, hit level 37 on cosmic prestige. I'm glad I waited until an event like this before going for it, because I can't imagine doing it at the normal leveling speed. Will probably shelve Ms. Marvel until the next month's event.

Sblargh

Banned
So I moved my ultimate to backslash so I wouldn't accidentally hit it while raid topping. Promptly hit it while trying to hit backspace...

:/

Haha, accidental ultimates are always a laugh. Unless you're in a PUG raid and the inevitable "pro-gamer" goes.

WTF?! Why are you using your ultimate?! OMG! Do we wait 10 minutes now? Let's wait 10 minutes.

KePoW

Banned
On another note, hit level 37 on cosmic prestige. I'm glad I waited until an event like this before going for it, because I can't imagine doing it at the normal leveling speed. Will probably shelve Ms. Marvel until the next month's event.

are you in our guild?? what's ur game name?

Basic Omega questions:
- separate points per character like synergies?
- cost to reset?
- any precautions?

- Just like synergies, every character assigns the points individually
- A Retcon
- Just look through everything and plan out what you need for your character. Alternatively, just look at guides people have posted as many have good choices already laid out.

KePoW

Banned
Basic Omega questions:
- separate points per character like synergies?
- cost to reset?
- any precautions?

- separate per character
- one retcon potion
- feel free to experiment and look thru it yourself (as long as you have a good supply of retcons)

I found a unremarkable level 54 Cosmic collar for Emma tonight. Well, its unremarkable except it has a 600 Critical rating (not Crit Damage).
Is this crit number super rare? I dont think ive found anything that comes near that number before.

KePoW

Banned
I found a unremarkable level 54 Cosmic collar for Emma tonight. Well, its unremarkable except it has a 600 Critical rating (not Crit Damage).
Is this crit number super rare? I dont think ive found anything that comes near that number before.

it's rare but I wouldn't say super rare

Xevren

You can get them higher than 600, not really super rare. Trying to get other desirable stats on top of that though is definitely super rare.

Ragnaroz

I think you can get as high as 1k crit chance on slot 5 gear. It sacrifices another stat though, but really the only stats you want on cosmic slot 5s are crit chance + crit dmg + +5 on the skill you use the most(for example EMF on Surfer). But, getting a cosmic like that is extremely hard and you'll probably have to resort to upgrading epics since they drop in much larger quantities so there's more chance to roll on those stats.

Sblargh

Banned
My current Omega points are Mandroid armor (+1 durability) and then the rest on Mandroid Hulkbuster (+3% damage against bosses; less 3% damage from bosses, plus defense).

They're like that for everyone. Omega points are my "now be less squishy" go-to that allows me gear with offense in mind.

Blank!

Epic items (now) always roll with 6 affixes. What's happening here is it's rolling critical rating 3+ times. I've got as high as 1032 critical rating but I think there's only 2 other stats on it?

I think Gaz has "fixed" this so that it doesn't happen with (most) other affix's... like I've never seen a 6,000 HP slot or anything. You can get +16 on slot 1's sometimes when using the reroll cosmic recipe, but I don't think it happens 'in the wild' anymore.

RE Omega points:

Spintech gets maxed for (nearly) everyone. It's the best/least conditional damage rating you'll find.

Cerebro is next for mental damage users.

Focused Plasma Cannon for ranged users.

Shadow King for summoners.

Xerogenesis for pretty much everyone else.

Top Bottom